DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:17 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

roflcopter wrote:hang him, then hang dgb
I'm so disappointed. I believed in your psychic power to read my alignment, unique amongst all players on the site. Now, it's back to 'no one understands me.'
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:23 am

I'm keeping this response for last because I vote it is rather scummy.
Vir4030 wrote:We need to make sure that we don't push people to L-1 and lay off when they claim.
If their claim is believably town, we lay off them. Do you think this game is to get people to claim, and then lynch them, regardless of credibility???
Vir4030 wrote:This is no different than a very slow mass claim, and it's bad for town.
It's no slow massclaim. How many have claimed so far? If you believe UROE's claim, like I do, then you don't want to lynch a townie, and at least there's a better shot at hitting scum with the next wagon.
Vir4030 wrote:Generally, the reason to ask someone to claim before you lynch them is so that you have their night results if they die town.
Ugh?
Vir4030 wrote:URoE basically asked for the L-1 vote so he could claim, as if he was anxious to do it.
No - that's crazy. If he was anxious he could have claimed at minus 2 and say that's it's because he's going out for the night or some such. And it's not like his claim was going to save him, is it?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

!vote: Vir
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Kevy »

DrippingGoofball wrote:It's no slow massclaim. How many have claimed so far? If you believe UROE's claim, like I do, then you don't want to lynch a townie, and at least there's a better shot at hitting scum with the next wagon.
2 people have claimed.

zwetchen claimed MUP, URoE is now claiming watcher.
On Day 1
. Way too many claims, and the "next wagon" is only going to bring up more claims. Vir's points are completely valid.
DrippingGoofball wrote:No - that's crazy. If he was anxious he could have claimed at minus 2 and say that's it's because he's going out for the night or some such. And it's not like his claim was going to save him, is it?
I like how you're speaking for your scumbuddy there.
roflcopter wrote:hang him, then hang dgb
Close but incorrect. We lynch URoE, and if he comes up scum, THEN we lynch DGB. The two are obviously aligned, whether it be scum or town. Lynching URoE opens the game very nicely for day 2, because we either have mostly-cleared townie (DGB), or redhanded scumbuddy (DGB again). There is no other wagon that accomplishes this:

Tarhalindur - has not interacted with anyone specifically that suggests a scumteam
Phate - also has not interacted with anyone specifically
tubby216 - same reason

We're looking for a scumteam here, so URoE is the best lynch. He was one of the players that was completely against MC today, but seemed anxious to claim as he reached L-1. The ONLY reason DGB does not agree with this lynch, and is defending URoE at all, is because she is most likely URoE's scum buddy. As town, DGB should be fine with URoE's lynch, because it clears her of killing Seraphim.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Zwet wasn't claiming due to a bandwagon.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:28 am

Kevy wrote:We're looking for a scumteam here, so URoE is the best lynch. He was one of the players that was completely against MC today, but seemed anxious to claim as he reached L-1.
Seemed anxious? He seemed so UN-anxious, I thought he was manufacturing a fakeclaim.
Kevy wrote:The ONLY reason DGB does not agree with this lynch, and is defending URoE at all, is because she is most likely URoE's scum buddy.
No, it's because his result on me is totally correct. And think of it. We pretty much all have power roles, right? Mine is not the kind that should have been exercized last night, so I did not send in a choice. What are the chance of him making up that I didn't choose a target? If he was making things up, he would have named a target, any target. But no target? Then again, if UROE was planning to make up a player and target combination, I was a very poor choice, because I would have totally blown a gasket, and destroyed him in so doing. He would have been wise to pick a meeker player.
Kevy wrote:As town, DGB should be fine with URoE's lynch, because it clears her of killing Seraphim.
No, I'm absolutely not fine with his lynch, because I'm not up for lynching a townie, and being cleared townie is useless to me, all it means is that I'll be nightkilled. There is no advantage to being cleared of killing Seraph.

Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Kevy »

DrippingGoofball wrote:No, it's because his result on me is totally correct. And think of it. We pretty much all have power roles, right? Mine is not the kind that should have been exercized last night, so I did not send in a choice.
What are the chance of him making up that I didn't choose a target? If he was making things up, he would have named a target, any target. But no target?
Then again, if UROE was planning to make up a player and target combination, I was a very poor choice, because I would have totally blown a gasket, and destroyed him in so doing. He would have been wise to pick a meeker player.
1. Stop softclaiming.

2. You're thinking of "tracker". Watcher only tells you whether or not that player USED an ability or not, not who they actually targetted. Thus, he did not need to know WHO you targetted, only if you even actioned at all. For some reason, you seem to think that because his result on you is correct, that he is town? Do I need to remind you that watcher can be a scum role?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 am

Kevy wrote:1. Stop softclaiming.
C'mon. We pretty much all have roles.
Kevy wrote:2. You're thinking of "tracker". Watcher only tells you whether or not that player USED an ability or not, not who they actually targetted. Thus, he did not need to know WHO you targetted, only if you even actioned at all. For some reason, you seem to think that because his result on you is correct, that he is town? Do I need to remind you that watcher can be a scum role?
The point is still valid. It's extremely unlikely that I have no ability, it's extremely unlikely that, having it, I didn't use it. And I didn't use it. UROE is not guessing. His claim is not fake. He's town.

Wanna lynch a townie? Help yourself. Are you willing to pay the price for refusing to listen to my very clear and credible argument?

Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

wow, kevy- first off, I really don't like the "if x is scum then y must be scum" reasoning. You've contradicted yourself with your own statements.
kevy wrote:We lynch URoE, and if he comes up scum, THEN we lynch DGB. The two are obviously aligned, whether it be scum or town.
kevy wrote:Do I need to remind you that watcher can be a scum role?
So a scum watcher couldn't have watched a townie who didn't use their ability? You sir, are guilty of craplogic.

!vote kevy
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Kevy »

Shadow Knight wrote:wow, kevy- first off, I really don't like the "if x is scum then y must be scum" reasoning. You've contradicted yourself with your own statements.
kevy wrote:We lynch URoE, and if he comes up scum, THEN we lynch DGB. The two are obviously aligned, whether it be scum or town.
kevy wrote:Do I need to remind you that watcher can be a scum role?
So a scum watcher couldn't have watched a townie who didn't use their ability? You sir, are guilty of craplogic.

!vote kevy
You missed the part where DGB has been blatantly defending URoE as IF THEY WERE SCUM TOGETHER. This includes, but is not limited to: unvoting once the wagon reached L-1 (or L-2 if you want to be technical), speaking for URoE instead of letting him speak for himself, and immediately dismissing URoE as town after his "correct" claim.

I included the, "The two are obviously aligned, whether it be scum or town" because I realize that I can be wrong. However, I highly doubt that one is scum and the other is not.
Shadow Knight wrote:So a scum watcher couldn't have watched a townie who didn't use their ability?
You really ought to be asking DGB this same question, because she doesn't seem to comprehend the fact that URoE can still be scum with a correct watch claim.
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Kevy »

Also, I feel like I have to reiterate this.
DrippingGoofball wrote:UROE is not guessing. His claim is not fake. He's town.
JUST BECAUSE HIS RESULT WAS CORRECT DOES NOT MEAN HE IS INSTANT TOWN. WATCHER IS
NOT
A TOWN ONLY ROLE.

You are completely dismissing the possibility of URoE being scum JUST because of his correct claim.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:31 am

Post by armlx »

I just realized Phate is obv town.

UROE's claim is also weak. Vote stands.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

no, dgb, i'm still psychic,now stop appealing to my emotional attachent to you as a person. its cheap.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 am

Post by BSG »

Responding to prod. I have been busy lately, however the holidays are starting tomorow so I should have a post with content tomorrow. But now, I'm going to celebarte 'Carvanal' :D
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

||| MAFIABOT || VOTE COUNT (10 to lynch) |||
||| MAFIABOT || KaleiÃ
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

A note about my prod policy: If I prod you, and you don't post anywhere on the site for 24 hours, I may replace you. If you DO post on the site but don't either post in my game or request replacement, I will
modkil
l you and
ban
you from all my future games. I understand that you might not have time for all your games, but if that happens you must request replacement yourself. Simply dropping games and waiting to be replaced is not acceptable.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 am

Kevy wrote:You missed the part where DGB has been blatantly defending URoE as IF THEY WERE SCUM TOGETHER.
I'm defending UROE as we are
town
together. Whatssamatta, Kevy, we're not lynching fast enough for you? In a rush to go to night?
Kevy wrote:URoE can still be scum with a correct watch claim.
Does anyone know how likely that is?

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:58 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

I think Daz's spreadsheet has the spreads on if a role is town or scum in different setups... I'm fairly sure that the likelihood of being town is like 65% percent or more for a watcher.

Kevy has been using craplogic and contradicting himself, not to mention saying I was anxious to claim, which is bullshit (Because I vehemently denied wanting to claim unless I was given probable cause [A good case or a L-1 vote...]).

Along with his planning based on an un-confirmed role alignment makes him look like scum trying to control the game to me.

!vote Kevy

Further, DGB isn't talking
for
me, he is talking in
defense
of me, saying I am town due to the accuracy of my claim (However useless/full this is), which is yet another bullshit accusation by Kevy. I have a life, I go to school, I am not on the internet 24/7, if someone that is becoming increasingly townish wants to defend someone (Me, in this case) that s/he thinks is town in their absence, they could and should.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Tanarin »

OK Time to play catchup.
URoE Claim wrote: I am a Watcher (Town), I can watch another player every night and I will be told if they used an action.

For some weird reason, my Role PM says "Block" is my ability, but I didn't even notice that until now... I sent in a watch ability and got a result back, so I assume that is Xyl's typo.

DGB didn't use an action tonight, but that doesn't clear him from being scum.
A couple of things bother me here. First the fact that he felt it was needed to post Town in brackets. As Kev said earlier it is not needed as it should be implied. Second, him "clarifying" that his role PM said block. Why would we care? I'm sure if there was a mistake and he was really worried about a role cop that the role cop would have gotten the correct role action.
DGB Post 293/294 wrote:
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:DGB didn't use an action tonight, but that doesn't clear him from being scum.
I have to congratulate you on a fine choice of target, but not so much for the gender bender.

I believe it.

!vote tubby216
Awfully fast revote there. and without a real stated reason. Mind giving us one?
populartajo wrote:
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
populartajo wrote:
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
populartajo wrote:Is there any role that can detect abilities?
Like, which ability a role has? No.

Like, if someone has an ability? I think so.
So anyone with this ability who targetted you would get watch or block?
What?

Also, I just noticed the fact that my role said block... I saw watcher and confirmed... I know enough about IRC to know what a watcher does. I have PMd Xyl about the fact that it says block.
Im asking that if someone has that role (can detect abilities) would he have got "block" or "watch"?
Also why DGB? Do you know her? Why didnt you pick any of your friends from IRC?
Tajo, there is a role cop which would get the whole role/alignment of a person. You also have cheater which would reveal a random players role but you don't know who that person is.
tubby216 wrote:ok so you said you weren't a doc, menaing you had another role. :roll: i see no bread crumb in you posts other than you had your vote on dbg for like 8 to 9 posts then finally got of that once my wagon picked up,

watcher is easy to fake, and virtually unverifiable ( is that a word?) so yah if i were scum and were at l-1 yah i'd claim watcher too.
He makes a good point on URoE here. If he was a watcher and got the result he did, why did URoE even vote him today? Wouldn't the play be to try and look at someone else?
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kevy wrote:
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:I am a Watcher (Town)
Why include the town part? That goes unsaid.
I checked my own role PM, and since the 'town' in brackets is also there, maybe you should check yours.
Completely missing the point DGB. There was no reason to include the town part other than to make himself look town.
Empking's Alt wrote:!vote: Vir
I haven't seen you say much of anything other than a vote. Mind giving us a reason... or maybe even some more content for that matter?
Empking's Alt wrote:Zwet wasn't claiming due to a bandwagon.
Kev never said he did. The thing is though he claimed without even being asked. It was basically out of the blue and honestly, out of plaec even with one person asking for a MC that no one even really got a chance to put our input on.
Kevy wrote:Also, I feel like I have to reiterate this.
DrippingGoofball wrote:UROE is not guessing. His claim is not fake. He's town.
JUST BECAUSE HIS RESULT WAS CORRECT DOES NOT MEAN HE IS INSTANT TOWN. WATCHER IS
NOT
A TOWN ONLY ROLE.

You are completely dismissing the possibility of URoE being scum JUST because of his correct claim.
COuldn't have said it better myself.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kevy wrote:You missed the part where DGB has been blatantly defending URoE as IF THEY WERE SCUM TOGETHER.
I'm defending UROE as we are
town
together. Whatssamatta, Kevy, we're not lynching fast enough for you? In a rush to go to night?
Soft claiming much here? How do YOU know he is town?
Kevy wrote:URoE can still be scum with a correct watch claim.
Does anyone know how likely that is?[/quote]

Well considering that we have at least a 3P scumgroup from what the testsetups have told us. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Anyway, I am seeing a bit too much protection on URoE by DGB.

!vote URoE
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 am

Post by tubby216 »

was that the hammer tan?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:09 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Nope, just puts me back at L-1
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:10 am

Post by tubby216 »

nevermind hes back to l-1
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:37 am

Tanarin wrote:A couple of things bother me here. First the fact that he felt it was needed to post Town in brackets.
It's in the PM!!!! In brackets!

Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Tanarin »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Tanarin wrote:A couple of things bother me here. First the fact that he felt it was needed to post Town in brackets.
And your point is? If anything it is the easiest part of a fake claim to make up.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Tanarin wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
And your point is? If anything it is the easiest part of a fake claim to make up.
Sure, but it's not a valid point against him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”