Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Juls »

I am not in favor of a mass role claim yet either but I will say that I am fairly positive that I am not a sheep. Maybe we should get this confirmation/rejection from everyone? I have never been in a game where roles were revealed like this so if there are negatives to that suggestion, please let me know.

Mod-Edit Votecount 2-14

Freeko - 3 (BSG, Raider, tubby)
Raider - 1 (freeko)
Juls - 1 (Vi)
Rhinox - 1 (Korts)

Not Voting - 4 (afatchic, Rhinox, Juls, TonyMontana)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in 6 Days, in case you happen to be wondering.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Vi »

raider 609 wrote:Someone is trying to make sure the sheep get to the next town for who knows what reason. Its a make sure they get there type thing and not a everyone must be dead type thing. That is why I think the sheep is town.
That's... actually sensical.
Juls 612 wrote:Well, I have two options here. I could quit playing cause I am really bad at the game...or, I could keep trying and hopefully learn from my mistakes and the other players in the games with me. The speculation on Occam was excitement for me cause I thought "oh...did I just pick up my first bread crumb?" Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Only time will tell. But I don't put faith in myself. (Being hard on myself is a bad personality trait!)
I sympathize. I'm the second-worst Mafia player I know (that actually tries), and the worst one just quit so guess where that leaves me. Oddly, nobody believes me when I say this.
Rhinox 621 wrote:Declaring mass claim time just means everybody starts shouting out roles and flavor, and scum have a candy store of information to choose from when fabricating their fake claims. Although, and I think I said this earlier, I'm very interested to hear the types of fake claims we would be getting, knowing that scum can't take the easy way out and claim VT.
Which is why ORDERLY massclaiming is cool. If you'll take Tarhalindur's word for it, anyway.
Juls 625 wrote:Maybe we should get this confirmation/rejection from everyone?
I AM NOT A
CROOK
SHEEP

@mod:
Where is BSG? We're running out of time and we're running out of steam.
Around here somewhere. He's been prodded.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

raider 609 wrote:Someone is trying to make sure the sheep get to the next town for who knows what reason. Its a make sure they get there type thing and not a everyone must be dead type thing. That is why I think the sheep is town.
Your win condition isn't to prevent this from happening, is it?
I'm being (sort of) facetious, but in any case, if there's an objective of getting some sheep to town, is it not possible someone has an objective of stopping this? Or it might just simply be in the interest of the scum.
I take it back, I'm not a sheep
:p
But seriously, sheep, keep your mouth shut, and lets stop this premature claiming, sheep or not.
Vi wrote:I sympathize. I'm the second-worst Mafia player I know (that actually tries), and the worst one just quit so guess where that leaves me. Oddly, nobody believes me when I say this.
Well, you've got a whole game to convince me. -.-
Vi wrote:
Juls 625 wrote:Maybe we should get this confirmation/rejection from everyone?
I AM NOT A
CROOK
SHEEP
*chuckle*
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by raider8169 »

TonyMontana wrote:
Your win condition isn't to prevent this from happening, is it?
No, my win condition has nothing to do with sheep. Which also mean I am not a sheep.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:41 am

Post by freeko »

But seriously, sheep, keep your mouth shut, and lets stop this premature claiming, sheep or not.
Because lynching the claimed and uncountered neighbor(s?) is obviously the right play. If I am not scum then Vi obviously is? Thats certainly the scum path to victory this game.

I see you have no interest in scumhunting, but then neither does anyone else in this game it seems.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:01 am

Post by TonyMontana »

freeko wrote:
Because lynching the claimed and uncountered neighbor(s?) is obviously the right play. If I am not scum then Vi obviously is? Thats certainly the scum path to victory this game.
That's what you gathered from me not wanting a massclaim? Image
Upcoming
Mini
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:14 am

Post by freeko »

No it just shows that there are exactly 0 people interested in actually playing this game.

That you dont want a massclaim is almost irrelevant. That you want everyone to shut up about even claiming anything at all.. that is relevant. You certainly arent offering any other options to hunt the scum, yet you shut down the one avenue that was even remotely open.

Oh. I forgot to do this.

unvote
vote: BSG

for parking a vote on me forever, not even remotely justifying it, and being a lurking piece of trash.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:31 am

Post by TonyMontana »

freeko wrote:That you dont want a massclaim is almost irrelevant. That you want everyone to shut up about even claiming anything at all.. that is relevant.
I didn't say I wanted everyone to shut up about claiming. I said I didn't want anyone to claim sheep.
Upcoming
Mini
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:12 am

Post by freeko »

Huh?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

Vi 626 wrote:Which is why ORDERLY massclaiming is cool. If you'll take Tarhalindur's word for it, anyway.
Right... in theory, all good. But since scum are part of the town, the order is also open to manipulation. Much better for only people who are about to be lynched to claim. I'm still undecided on LyLo Massclaims, since the only player I've ever seen insisting they are good was scum... twice, and claims at LyLo are unverifiable anyways.
freeko wrote:Because lynching the claimed and uncountered neighbor(s?) is obviously the right play. If I am not scum then Vi obviously is? Thats certainly the scum path to victory this game.

I see you have no interest in scumhunting, but then neither does anyone else in this game it seems.
*SLAP ACROSS THE FACE* Wake up and get with the program, man. Just because no one can follow your logic and will agree to lynch Korts does not mean nobody is scum hunting. You are the one who is not scum hunting, you're just running around shouting baseless accusations and asking for everybody to claim.
freeko wrote:No it just shows that there are exactly 0 people interested in actually playing this game.
No, it shows that there are exactly 0 people who are willing to follow around the psychotic merchant. You have not made a cohesive case against korts. Your accusations are based on assumptions that have to be true in order for your case to hold any water at all. Take away the assumptions, and all you have is speculation. It also doesn't help that you dropped your case on korts to go after raider, and now you're voting BSG - not to mention the post where you just about voted everyone. So its pretty hard to take you serious when you say you're sure someone is scum, when your current play and voting pattern indicates to me that you aren't so sure as you're insisting.

@afatchic: any luck on getting caught up? we're getting close to deadline, so it would be nice to get some game related info from you before we have to end the day.

@Tony: what was your purpose for fake claiming sheep?

@BSG: Please exist.

@tubby: are you voting for freeko because you think he's scum, or for some other reason?

@Juls: any luck regarding this comment:
Juls wrote:I am willing to look elsewhere and am trying to process everything carefully...I just haven't seen anything yet.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Vi »

Rhinox 634 wrote:
Vi 626 wrote:Which is why ORDERLY massclaiming is cool. If you'll take Tarhalindur's word for it, anyway.
Right... in theory, all good. But since scum are part of the town, the order is also open to manipulation.
Setting 2 on the Massclaim Machine is "random", which takes care of this reservation. Dice tags are wonderful for this.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 am

Post by raider8169 »

How did the whole mass claim thing start? I know I said something about it to freeko but I never said we should mass claim. I just meant that at the rate we are going it is going to turn into that before long.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Rhinox wrote:@Tony: what was your purpose for fake claiming sheep?
I wasn't. The part of taking it back was a joke.
Upcoming
Mini
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Juls »

Rhinox, I have one more test tomorrow and then my schedule dies down a little bit. I am going to do a reread of everyone and see if I am missing something or if there is something that can be garnered from it. I would like the replacements to participate more as I have already said. If I am to look elsewhere, I need to look at you, BSG, and the replacements. Since the replacements and BSG aren't participating at a decent level it makes it more difficult. (Although, I will give TonyMontana credit for making more posts than the others).
Juls
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by tubby216 »

@Rhinox,

i am voting freeko because i believe his wild posting and accusation are a smoke scree very anti town, I have seen nothing of value come from him yet, if he is town is fail, but i believe him clever scum
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by freeko »

i am voting freeko because i believe his wild posting and accusation are a smoke scree very anti town, I have seen nothing of value come from him yet, if he is town is fail, but i believe him clever scum
Yeah, thats not claiming stupid (if not scum) right there. Not only is this not a sentence, but it fits right into the plan of the scum planning to setup their lynches. They will lynch me then Vi to win the game.

For those of you who dont quite understand how it works, and for those of you who arent even playing the game (that would be all 7 of you). the scum lynch me today and then after I flip NK someone relevant. They then go after Vi on the basis that if I wasnt scum the Vi obviously is.

Now stupid, either produce something game related (like maybe some evidence to counter my claim... which NO ONE HAS DONE YET btw) or get your fucking vote off of me.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Juls »

@mod:
can we at the very least get a warning to freeko for violation of rule 12? He has been so rude and confrontational for no apparent reason. I am pretty tired of his attitude and it is really ruining the game. I don't usually make requests like this but enough is enough.
Juls
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by tubby216 »

freeko wrote:
Yeah, thats not claiming stupid (if not scum) right there. Not only is this not a sentence, but it fits right into the plan of the scum planning to setup their lynches. They will lynch me then Vi to win the game.

For those of you who dont quite understand how it works, and for those of you who arent even playing the game (that would be all 7 of you). the scum lynch me today and then after I flip NK someone relevant. They then go after Vi on the basis that if I wasnt scum the Vi obviously is.

Now stupid, either produce something game related (like maybe some evidence to counter my claim... which NO ONE HAS DONE YET btw) or get your fucking vote off of me.
eat a bag of dick and swing from the gallows scum
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Korts »

I like the atmosphere.
scumchat never die
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Is that sarcasm Korts?

Seriously...I am not trying to kiss anyone's ass but I really enjoy playing in games with people like Rhinox and Vi. There is sarcasm, there is banter...it is fun. But there is a point where it crosses the line and I think freeko has not only crossed the line but done a full revolution and crossing it again.

Maybe I am more annoyed than most because I have this childishness going on in two of my games (actually BSG is in both those games so she can probably relate too). It's a huge turn off.

(I have enjoyed this game other than freeko's attitude just an FYI)
Juls
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Korts »

It's sarcasm; I didn't particularly mean you, it was directed more at tubby and freeko, in that order. That said, I have no particular problem with freeko's playstyle itself, only the fact that his cases are so full of bullshit that any relevant points are quite hard to find.
scumchat never die
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:03 am

Post by raider8169 »

TonyMontana wrote:
Ok Im confused by this. Why would you joke about that?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:12 am

Post by tubby216 »

i appologize for my comment, it was rude and highly uncalled for. I will do my best in future not to repeat that mistake.

but i do think freeko scum.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:16 am

Post by TonyMontana »

raider8169 wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
Ok Im confused by this. Why would you joke about that?
Because of my epiphany about there might being someone with an anti-sheep agenda.
Upcoming
Mini
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:01 am

Post by freeko »

but i do think freeko scum.
You know what. Aside from me wanting to be lynched and out of this game so I can join another one elsewhere. What possible evidence could you have to substantiate this?

Can you counter my claim? That would be a quick way to see that I am lying.

I am full well convinced that its the scum plan to lynch me today. Then when its (most likely lylo) tomorrow Vi gets it, becuase I wasnt scum so their speculation would simply be that Vi obviously was the scum.. though I am pretty certain that neither of us are. I can only speak for myself on that one.

So in the end you are saying that you are going to lynch a confirmed neighbor with no counter or reason to even think that I am scum. Except thats the scum plan for the day so you are just going to stick to it.

Outstanding.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”