Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:58 am

Post by destructor »

Glork wrote:
destructor wrote:]Why are you ignoring the obvious? If I wanted to lynch you today, if that was what my intention was from the beginning, why didn't I vote you?

It follows that my intention was never specifically to lynch you today.
Ah. So joor sayink joo never had ANY intention to leench me even zo joo think I am scomzh based on my play and joo think I am a detriment vithout a vote?

1+1=5, apparently.
No. Stop it, seriously.

I've explained enough times already that I had a bad feeling about you. This wasn't enough to even convince me that you should be the lynch today. This is not complicated.
Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:I thought you were more likely scum when I asked for the claim, which was an agitation.
Okay, seriously. If askink for ze klaim vos in agitation, vy voodn't joo have said zat at ze very beginning, ven I first said "joo dont vont me to klaim and I'm not goink to"? Sayink it vos in frostration vell after ze fakt makes joo look very insincere.
No, it was to agitate
you!

Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:Because
maybe
you just had a slow start and would pick it up. Instead, you OMGUS'd me, brushing off my
theoretical arguement
, which you agree now is true, as irrational and came up with two disparate reads of Plum and Darox. You continuously made arguments that were out of context or to the neglect of something else I'd already said. None of this has made me feel any better about you.
I do
NOT
agree zat it joor theoretikal argument is true. I agree zat it is true IF AND ONLY IF joo make COMPLETELY TERRIBLE ASSOMPTIONS about ze nature of ze game vich NO REASONABLE PROTOWNZH PLAYER SHOOD MAKE.
I made a disclaimer from the start that the policy would stand unless something we knew of the setup changed.

So yeah, I'm being reasonable and always was.
Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:I have been getting the feeling, by how much you initially opposed my suggestion, that you have been very concerned about
staying alive
, which is, at least, not a town-tell.
Zis "feelink" is kompletely wrong. From ze start, I have been attacking joo becoz joor play looks like ze scomzh. Ze klosest I kame to being "knocerned about staying alive" is becoz I said I vood disagree vith ze plan baed on vot I know about my role and zis game (even though I vood agree vith it if ze game were essentially vanilla).

Au contraire, I haff been kontnet to argue vith joo all day becoz I am seriously 99% certain zat joo are ze scomzh, and seeing joo leenched today makes my job so much easier.
But but but, your case on me is
smurf
house!
Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:Yeah, but I never actually said "if glork doesnt claim we should lynch him" in the first place. Neither did I mean it.
Bot joo said "klaim and explain vy ve shood keep you alive." I'm sure joo can see vere I interpreted it as such.
Maybe,
but you're still
ignoring the obvious
: I didn't vote you.

Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:The "awful lot that can happen" is
pure speculation
. I am not putting stock in what "could" happen.
Anything
could happen. I'm playing based on what we know here and now.
Why? How is giving a player who doesn't look pro-town lenience for "what could happen" remotely good play?
Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:Without elaboration, all you're giving us is your word. That obviously doesn't count for much. It would be bad play to take it any other way.
Askink for and gettink a klaim vood have been "takink my word." Vot's joor point?
You can't backtrack on a claim. Once you make it, everything you do after that needs to be consistent with it. So, we wouldn't be taking your word for it, we'd be expecting you to live up to it.

Your refusal gives you more and more time to set yourself up for a better fake claim. Your "soft claim" gives us next to nothing to verify it against. Hence, it's nothing more than your word. Obv.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Isacc »

Kmd: What's your opinion on Destructor v Glork?
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Mirth »

Final Deadline: Monday, Feb 23, 2009, 11:59 PM EST

Votecount

darox - b -[imaginality, elvis, des, Isacc]
Kmd - i - [Dahill]
des - n - [sly, Plum]
Isaac - g - [kmd]
PJ - o - [Glork]

Not Voting - g5 - [Caf, cow, Darox]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 3

Sooooo...what's Roswell all about? I also demand more kitties. That is all.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Isacc wrote:Kmd: What's your opinion on Destructor v Glork?
I'll get to it tomorrow. Haven't actively read anything posted today in this game.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Plum »

Real promised post coming very very soon/now, but the Mod is demanding more kitties. And I'm loathe to tempt the Mod.

You
may live. For now.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Plum »

Glork vs. Destructor

destructor wrote:On Glork, I'd like to see a claim. If he can't vote for any player in this game, he's useless to the town besides through scum-hunting, but he's hardly been doing any of that.

I find it unlikely that he's scum faking a vote restriction, but, unlike Sly suggested in 526, I don't see why that mean he couldn't be scum who actually HAS a vote restriction. Whatever the case, he's a serious liability to the town because that's one vote we KNOW will never land on scum.

What this means is that with Glork alive, we'd be in lylo one day early.

So, Glork, if you can't vote for anyone, I think you should claim right now and explain to us why we should be keeping yo alive.
As has been pointed out, this premature call for claim is itself scummy. Des is correct is his assessment that if Glork is town we'll be in LYLO a day early (i.e. - assume 1 scum and 4 townies left, three votes to lynch. If we miss the lynch, that's 1:3, add a scum kill that night, 1:2. However, with Glork-town alive town only manages one vote against the scum's one vote, and will never reach the two needed to lynch scum, no lynch goes through, scum win. Hence town needs to hit that lynch at 1:4 or lose, assuming nothing unmentioned here getting in the way. Or town has to lynch Glork at 1:4 and proceed as per usual. Thus LYLO is, as it were, a Day early if Glorks alive).

The fact that having Glork around late might put the town in an uncomfortable position does not, however, mean that we should force an early claim from him. I'm willing to believe that Glork has a useful role and it isn't remotely worth giving the scum that sort of info this early because of his votelessness. Des further implies that unless he's convinced by the roleclaim that Glork is worth keeping alive, Glork shouldn't be kept alive. This is extremely premature claim-or-die. Des hadn't even noted much that Glork had done that looked really
scummy
. He'd said Glork needed to post more; fair enough. He said that without a vote Glork was useless except for scumhunting and he hadn't been doing enough of that. I'm all for calls for more scumhunting, fine, but Glork's uselessness as a player was exaggerated by Des, who didn't and doesn't know what beneficial powers Glork may have. Further, the uselessness in and of itself was not nearly enough to warrant a "claim now, and unless your role sounds useful I'll feel free to lynch you based mostly on your votelessness".

Which reads way scummy to me.
destructor wrote:
Glork wrote:Olredy addrezhed most of zis, but re: engame.
A player who kannot vote in endgame kannot vin, period. If, theoretically, I vere ze scomzh vis soch a restrikzhon, zen ze ozer two towneezh in endgame vood vote and kill me, becozh zey kood not leench each ozer, and zey vill not no-lynch.

I olso find it interesting zat joo label me aszh being kompletely uselezh, vith no thought that I may have any ozher abilitiezh. Zat is not to say vezher I have an ability or not, but it iszh a very unsettling assompzhon for joo to make.
If you can't vote for scum, you can't vote for scum in end-game. Mirth says that we need a majority of living players to lynch meaning that you being alive in end-game is likely to result in a scum win. Unless you have abilities that are incredibly likely to save the town in the above mentioned end-game scenario, which is not something I'm willing to count on... without a claim and improvement of play, I think your lack of vote is a liability large enough to trump whatever ability you might have. Why do you think I asked for a claim in the first place? :roll:

In fact, I'm not seeing how you could possibly miss my intention given that I said this:
destructor wrote:So, Glork, if you can't vote for anyone, I think you should claim right now and explain to us why we should be keeping yo alive.
What other explanation could I possibly be asking for?
Here Des makes it clear that he's not willing to wait and let Glork try to make himself and his role useful without a claim. Why is he more willing to let the scum in on Glork's role by making him claim rather than letting Glork try to work stuff well on his end? He doesn't note anything sketchy about Glork except relative lack of scumhunting, which Des did not push as being any sort of strong scumtell, as far as I know.

His only solution is to get Glork to claim or risk death. It kinda reminds me of Isacc's plan/gambit which involved asking Des to potentially risk getting Modkilled for not posting in German. Do something detrimental to yourself and your faction at my call or die. Despite the fact that Des is far from certain that Glork is town. I'm willing to kill Glork late if it appears he'll be a town liability during/right before LYLO, if necessary, but an early kill for his votelessness alone is simply scummy.
destructor wrote:
Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:Elvis even said she'd played in games where voteless players were lynched on account of them being a problem for the town.
Zis is true, bot she obviouzhly doezhn't believe zat it is unekvivikolly right to leench voteless playerzh, vich is vot you are soggezhting. Vot EK said and vot joo vont to do are
kompletely, 100% different
. "Vait and zee" is ze right vay to approach it. Leenching people in ze manner joo soggezht is jost terrible.
"Wait and see" was what I said. I didn't vote you, I didn't say, "let's lynch Glork". I said you, as a voteless player, are a policy lynch one day before lylo. I asked for a claim because that was all I could see that would change that. All of this was easier for me to say because you didn't look very town either. I wanted the idea out there now, so it wouldn't be a scramble later in the game.
Now this looks like self-contradiction or backtracking. Des didn't say "wait and see". To whit:
destructor wrote:So, Glork, if you can't vote for anyone,
I think you should claim right now
and explain to us why we should be keeping yo alive.
The call for claim, obviously premature, is obviously called for by Destructor "now". I'm pretty sure that my interpretation of the second part as "if I don't get a good explanation as to why we should be keeping you alive, we shouldn't keep you alive at all". Des didn't say "he's a policy lynch the day before LYLO". He said "we should get you to claim and explain why we should be keeping you alive". Nothing about witing till the day before LYLO.

Lies or backtracking. Either way, it looks damned scummy.
Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:So, basically, your argument here has always been that I'm blindly pushing for your lynch without considering context, which isn't true at all.
Dezh wrote:So, Glork, if you can't vote for anyone, I think you should claim right now and explain to us why we should be keeping yo alive.
Joo tell me vezher joo vere "considerink knotekst" or giving me a "klaim or die" ultimatum, based on vot joo originially said. Don't joo dare try to change vot joo pushed. Joo vere blatantly fishing for a claim, else joo didnt vant me alive. Joo didnt say "perhaps Glork vill be investigated and vill bekome konfirmed town" (vich vood obviouzhly negate ze desire for a policy leench). Joo never said "perhaps Glork vill have anozer ability vich vill become evident vithout him having to klaim on D1 for no reason at all." Joo never said "perhaps Glork's lack of vote is temporary, and he vill be able to vote later." Tho joo never outright DENIED zese possibilitizh,
joo implied zat me klaiming is preferrable to exploring ze dynamics of my role vithin the context of ze game.
And ZAT is vot botherzh me so moch about joor play. I vood NEVER expekt joo to take soch an onreazhonable approach as town, and zat is vy I think joo are ze scomzh.

Hopefully zis post hazh artikulated my pozition moch more.
I'm going to QFT what Glork said here. I may be becoming redundant. If so, I apologize, but I'm busy etc.
destructor wrote:Funnily enough, Glork, as town, should be more than happy to be lynched at the appropriate time because of this.

(Something for anyone who's voting me to think about: If I were scum, wouldn't I want to keep a voteless player alive?)
WIFOM defense. There are plenty of plausible reasons, not least that Glork may have a useful role to compensate for his votelessness, not least that you wanted to appear to scumhunt and Glork looked like a juicy target. Not least a bunch of other possibilities. Imaginality thought of another: "Azide from hoping to get claim, destrructor may alzo haf been hoping if ozzer vagons fizzle out ve vould fall back on a 'lynch Glork he iss useless' lynch as deadline apprroaches". The WIFOM defense is noted, however.
destructor wrote:
caf wrote:Right now, as his missing vote is hardly crucial D1, it seems natural simply to lynch him if he's scum, and not if he's town. (Ain't that groundbreaking logic?
Winner!
Which is why I've made arguements against Glork
that have nothing to do with his lack of vote!
Where? Before the post where you ask Glork to claim etc. I see little attack on Glork at all - asking him to post more. Nothing in the manner of "He's not scumhunting at all . . . [insert a few sentences of case here] . . . so I'm fairly suspicious of Glork." Unless I've missed something, but I do not think I did. I think afterwards you bring in a point about disparate reads on myself and Darox. The fact remains that this came after the post in which you demanded a premature claim and implied, or seemed to, that we should lynch Glork based only on his votelessness and current unsatisfactory level of posting/scumhunting. Which I still think is way too much and still think is scummy.

Another decent quote capturing some feelings on some of your defenses, Des:
Glork wrote:A klaim is only von vay of covering zis, and it is easily ze VORST vay to cover it.
Agreed.
destructor wrote:
Glork wrote:
Dezh wrote:Yeah, but I never actually said "if glork doesnt claim we should lynch him" in the first place. Neither did I mean it.
Bot joo said "klaim and explain vy ve shood keep you alive." I'm sure joo can see vere I interpreted it as such.
Maybe,
but you're still
ignoring the obvious
: I didn't vote you.
Yeah. Then if I say "I have a scumvibe on Player X, and Player X also wears green underwear. Therefore I want a claim from Player X now so he can explain why he's worth keeping alive; if he isn't, I say bag him for the reasons mentioned above" and don't vote Player X . . . I haven't done anything weird or scummy? Maybe I'm not getting something here, but I'm pretty sure I am. Granted votelessness is more dangerous than green underwear (or is it?!), but not Day 1 to the degree that a claim demand or a statement about not seeing the point in keeping a player alive at all if the claim doesn't indicate usefulness is so overdone that it is, in fact, scummy. The fact that you didn't vote him didn't erase the fact that you demnded a claim in what really looked and still looks to be "claim well or die" language.
destructor wrote:Why? How is giving a player who doesn't look pro-town lenience for "what could happen" remotely good play?
Because the alternative is lynching everyone you have any decent case/vibe on and a limitation (remember Sly's foreign-languages-are-scummy stance? This is scummy just like that was) because even though it "could happen" that they have useful roles, etc. giving lenience to someone with a limitation who doesn't look too townie would be bad play.

Gah, I'm getting incoherent and long winded. Sorry, pals; I tried my best to address the case as I see it; a lot like Glork sees it, as a matter of fact. There you go.
Mirth wrote:
You
may live. For now.
I'm only happy that the Mod is pleased with my efforts :wink:.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Isacc »

Kittieeeessss

Okay, you win. I shall go die in a corner of cuteness over-exposure.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by dahill1 »

V/LA for the next few days until about Sunday

to this game: I'll probably be able to place a vote by deadline as it looks like you guys don't want to lynch kmd
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:04 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:41 am

Post by caf19 »

caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:01 am

Post by caf19 »

Kittens are rubbish, so here's something slightly more serious:

des: what do you think of Glork's contention that he has other ways of getting scum killed? Would your position on him change if such an ability emerged? It confuses me that you disregard this possibility so quickly. Planning future lynches based on "what we know here and now" seems self-defeating to me.

Darox: post plz.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:09 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Mod:
Real life is way too busy for me right now and I'm doing my best to not post anywhere before Tuesday. Feel free to replace me if you need someone to be here during the last few days before deadline.

Nah, it's fine. I'm okay with people disappearing as long as I'm warned
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I was asked about Glork vs. Des.

As far as policy lynching Glork, I actually do see Des's point. I was against the idea until I thought up a hypothetical scenario. Glork being alive at LYLO hurts us more than lynching Glork hurts us. And that's if he's town. If he's scum, that's even more reason to lynch him.

As far as Des, he seems pretty protown IMO.

I honestly think both are town and Glork is a policy lynch at most.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mod wrote:
Nah, it's fine. I'm okay with people disappearing as long as I'm warned
I'm disappearing for a week, but it's still almost a month away.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Plum »

Kmd4390 wrote:I was asked about Glork vs. Des.

As far as policy lynching Glork, I actually do see Des's point. I was against the idea until I thought up a hypothetical scenario. Glork being alive at LYLO hurts us more than lynching Glork hurts us. And that's if he's town. If he's scum, that's even more reason to lynch him.

What about Des asking for a claim from Glork earlier today? Still protown?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Plum wrote:

Not pro-town.
Talk nerdy to me.

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Plum »

elvis_knits wrote:
Plum wrote:

Not pro-town.
Mhm, good to know. I'm more wondering what Kmd's stance is.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I am too.
Talk nerdy to me.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Plum wrote:

I can see the thought process behind it. It could tell us if Glork can actually get a vote or be useful in some other way. That said, I disagree with Glork claiming now. No need for it yet.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Darox »

Glork shouldn't claim, he's picked up a lot recently in my eyes.

Big posts are hard and take time.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Plum »

Darox wrote:Glork shouldn't claim, he's picked up a lot recently in my eyes.

Big posts are hard and take time.
What did you think of Des' demand for a Glork claim earlier? I'm interested in that.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Darox »

I think it was nonsense. Doing it because of his vote restriction is hardly likely to shed any light on if it will ever end
(Go ahead and count all the people that had said they can't reveal parts of their role PM)
and if anything we're just going to get "I can't vote" and maybe out a power role, neither of which sound like a good thing to do now based simply off his lack of vote.

If it's because he's scummy, I don't see it and I also don't see why Glork should claim unless we are about to lynch him.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Where is the rest of your opinions on people? You did half and stopped.
Talk nerdy to me.

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by destructor »

Somethings anyone not as familiar with Glork's meta should take note of:

From California Triology: Dantes in Fresno, Glork's fake-claim, which won him a scummie.

From Weasel Mafia,
Glork wrote:
Oman wrote:Yeah, he could be morally opposed to self-hammers.

Oh, and thanks Gorrad.
Basically, this.

If I'm scum and I think there's a remotely reasonable chance that I'll survive, I sure as hell wouldn't self-hammer. That's just giving up.
If Glork is scum with this vote restriction, he
will
fake-claim and he
will
do whatever he can to stay alive. Maybe you can better appreciate why it's important to pressure him as much as possible as soon as possible.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”