Newbie 736 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Porkens wrote:@ZEEnon: I never said that I observe every player's play style. In fact, if you read my last few posts; you'll see that A) I don't know anything about xtomx's playstyle (other than in this game) and B) I was actively arguing against his playstyle being a really valid point.
i never said that you observe every player's style.
i said that you most likely DIDN'T. :P
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sorry, I thought you were trying to imply that I did, or tried to at least.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

Sixth Vote Count of Day 1:

Xtoxm 3 (image, ZEEnon, Moriarty147)

ZEEnon 1 (Xtoxm)
LynchHimNotMe 1 (IronTurkey)
Porkens 1 (LynchHimNotMe)

IronTurkey 0
image 0
Moriarty147 0
zindionne 0
Sironigous 0

Not Voting 3 (Porkens, Sironigous, zindionne)

5 to lynch.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

there seems to be a lack of posting .
unless you are all fine with Xtoxm's lynch,
please speak up and let us hear your opinions .
how are we supposed to investigate if nobody is talking?
and Xtoxm, some proper defense would be nice .
i'm fine with your lynch right now,
but you can still change my mind, there is still plenty of time .
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

Here; I'll try to inject some life with a PBPA (so much for my goal of NOT doing that)

This may be a ~little~ out of date:

LynchHimNotMe (rep. Zombie Monkey pregame)

As soon as he started posting, LynchHimNotMe has given off a very strong "follow the pack" vibe to me. His initial FOS on ZEEnon was basically a copy/paste of what I said about the same comment. His defence of the FoS seems logical enough, but then he chops down on ZEEnon and doesn't look like he's going to let go. His defense of Sironigus is really, really suspicious to me. The "follow the pack" vibe continues in [url="http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 57#1491657]Post 67[/url]; the "don't look at this as a scumtell" only strengthens the vibe. I'm not sure how I feel about the unvote from L-1; caution because of concern or the desire to feign concern? Also, I don't think there's much for ZEEnon to "explain," except maybe the switching of his possitions on the FoS. Really comes off as follow-the-pack and sound-pro-town. My day 1 scumpick team is LHNM and Sironigous.

zindionne

His first post is quite a bit after some real discussion had started. I'm not sure if he didn't read or what but his incredibly baseless vote on ZEEnon seems bizzare in context.

Right off the bat; I will say that image's 'random' vote and initial defence of that vote were, and are, suspect. The vote itself doesn't carry much weight, but the fact that he initially tried to defend the randomness of his vote smacks, to me, of overdefensiveness. I also really approve of going after lurkers.

He did, however, conduct himself in a logical manner after that, and it's my gut feeling that he's being genuine.

DIonized

His first vote, on image, seemed a little opportunistic (I understand that the same could be said of my vote on image). I like that he took his vote off image at L-1. FoS's everyone on page 3, in not so many words. But, he helps put pressure on Sir (kinda), which is good (kinda).

IronTurkey

Lynch all FOS-ers is an odd policy to stick to, in general, but I don't hate it on page 2 at all.

Sironigous (rep. BLEEPBLOOP/astrosquibb pregame)

Like I intimated before; his quick jump on the leading wagon, with no explanation, is scummy. I've done the same thing myself in at least half the games I've been in so far here, but you know, some of those times I was scum.

Xtoxm

Has been extremely brief with us. I'd like to hear more from him.

As an IC, I'd like to give you all some advice (it applies more to some than to others); lay off the personal attacks and insults. They are, at best, simply anti-town and, at worst, make the game not fun to play. They also wont make you any friends (at least not the kind you should want to have).
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

can you write your suspicions of me too ?
with me being the only one not on that list,
it makes it seem as if we are working together .
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Porkens »

ZEEnon (rep. Konsek pregame)
First, the good (questionable?):

* His unique prose aren't necessarily anti-town. It's clear to me that it works for him, and I don't find it that hard to read.
* His initial FoS seems strange to me, but that could be because I've played here a while and in the Random Vote Stage it's just more common to see a vote.
* His 'advice' to Xtoxm could be interpreted many ways, but in this case I think it's just an honest comment. I honestly like how strongly he OMGUS'd LHNM.

But now, the bad:

* One comment really sticks out in my mind. In post 22 he says "well SORRY for sounding pro-town..." That's sarcasm I put in the scummy column. It's just so overtly put, I dunno.
* This happens again in post 25; "my goal is to find scum."
* And, after defending his decision to keep his vote on LHNM by saying "I don't suspect anyone else" and how he is SO dedicated to scum-hunting, as soon as an "I hate Pikachu" vote comes along; he unvotes!
* In post 38 he says "I find no use of it (FoS) either, but i'm just stating a majority opinion. This is in direct contradiction to his actions earleir.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Porkens »

Here; I'll try to inject some life
welp; didn't work at all.
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:35 am

Post by VoteAnyoneButMe »

Porken, ORLY?! I thought you thought Xtoxm is scum...isn't that what the Vote is designed for?

Please cite specific evidence, until then I won't be bothered to address you.
kthnxbai
Stats: W/L/T/A
Town: 1/0/0/0
Mafia: 0/0/0/0
Third: 0/0/0/0
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 am

Porkens wrote:Blah, fine;
unvote

Well handled if you're actually having to cover for a scumbuddy LHNM.
now I'm confused...didn't you just say I'm scum with Sironigus.....so now I'm also scum with Xtoxm?

there's only 2 mafias, ya know :roll:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Porkens »

No, I don't really think Xtomx is scum (where did I say so?). I think he's doing a poor job, IC or not, explaining himself. For that, part of me want him to swing. But he does feel like town to me, so I unvoted.

LHNM; nothing is certain, so I'm allowed to have more than one guess. Reading your posts and mulling over our conversation, I came the the conclusion above. Since it was partly your influence, you deserve credit if you got me to unvote for your scumbuddy.

You and Sir is a guess, from my gut. If I had "evidence" to back it up, you bet I'd share!
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:55 am

Porkens wrote:But he does feel like town to me, so I unvoted.
I don't seem to recall Xtoxm saying a word during all this time, please point to what he said that sounded town...

also, regarding the vote, are you saying you are content with voting someone who you don't think is scum?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Porkens »

I don't seem to recall Xtoxm saying a word during all this time, please point to what he said that sounded town...
Sorry; bad choice of words: He
felt
town.
also, regarding the vote, are you saying you are content with voting someone who you don't think is scum?
Yes!
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:21 pm

thank you Porkens, my vote stands.

...does anyone else care to chip in about this??

. . . anyone?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

thank you Porkens, my vote stands.
Cool! Explain why.
...does anyone else care to chip in about this??
this or
anything
else?
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Porkens I did...refer back.

this...you are not getting the amount of attention you deserve.
but in general, just more activity from everyone would be nice.

:)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

Instead of commenting on my explanations (that you requested in your reasons for voting me) you've just said "thanks. My vote stands"

I'm asking you to comment on my explanations.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by image »

Sorry I haven't posted lately, have been busy and sleep deprived.

So, Porkens posted all his notes and PBP analysis; however, since he is of unknown alignment, it is hard to know what to make of it. I suggest we lynch him; if he flips town, we can use his analysis as an honest aid, and if not, it hopefully will give us some insight into who his scumbuddy is. :P
Porkens wrote:re LynchHimNotMe: the "don't look at this as a scumtell" only strengthens the vibe.
Seems to me that if he were scum, and thought what he was saying seemed suspicious, he'd try to reword it rather than drawing more attention to it. Of course, he might have done it on purpose with this aim... WIFOM.

At any rate, I think so far my own guess for scum this game are ZEE and Sir. Last time ZEE had a few votes on him, he posted a huge wall of text (post 72); however, some of the claims (ie. the voting patterns) were incorrect. He makes a few incorrect statements later as well; either he is being sinister, or he is not paying close attention; either is bad for town.

Sir is still under my suspicion for being fourth on my bandwagon, and this lovely quote:
sir wrote:There are 2 mafia in the game. What makes him a less easier target than I?
Why would a townie bother pointing out that there are two mafiates when trying to pull suspicion away from himself? It seems like he's saying, "Sure, I'm mafia, but he could be mafia too!" [/strawman]

Unvote, Vote: ZEEnon
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Porkens »

So, Porkens posted all his notes and PBP analysis; however, since he is of unknown alignment, it is hard to know what to make of it. I suggest we lynch him; if he flips town, we can use his analysis as an honest aid, and if not, it hopefully will give us some insight into who his scumbuddy is. Razz
At any rate, I think so far my own guess for scum this game are ZEE and Sir. Last time ZEE had a few votes on him, he posted a huge wall of text (post 72); however, some of the claims (ie. the voting patterns) were incorrect. He makes a few incorrect statements later as well; either he is being sinister, or he is not paying close attention; either is bad for town.
I agree. With both.

Vote: ZEEnon
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

image wrote:At any rate, I think so far my own guess for scum this game are ZEE and Sir. Last time ZEE had a few votes on him, he posted a huge wall of text (post 72); however, some of the claims (ie. the voting patterns) were incorrect. He makes a few incorrect statements later as well; either he is being sinister, or he is not paying close attention; either is bad for town.
hmm.. i wonder why i posted a wall of text.
perhaps it could be due to the fact, oh i don't know..
that people asked me questions maybe?
would you rather me not answer the questions directed at me next time?

also, please tell me how the voting patterns i posted up were not correct.
i'm very positive they are correct. i think YOU are viewing them incorrectly. they show who a person has
voted for
, not who has voted for the person. please list the OTHER incorrect statements please, as i'm not seeing them .

i can't see Porkens latest post as anything other than a bandwagon post. the second thing he quotes mentions 'incorrect voting patterns' that aren't incorrect at all. if he actually paid attention, he would see they were not incorrect. also, he says that he agrees with the quote, yet
how does he know
the other "few incorrect statements" that image thinks i supposedly made? seems like a possible mafia duo, but let's not jump to conclusions.
ZEEnon wrote:
Porkens wrote:ZEEnon was very legitimately scummy, dropping a "serious" vote for a joke OMGUS vote.
ZEEnon wrote:Pikachu hates you too.
Unvote.
Vote: zindionne
this sounds very serious. /sarcasm
that's the only OMGUS vote i see of mine.
perhaps you'd like to point out what i'm missing .
still waiting for a reply. /ignored
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yep, that's the OMGUS vote with which you replaced one you'd given a logical reason for.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Sorry for my lack of contribution, i've had a very busy week.

Anyway, Porkens and Sironigous are town, most probably.

LHNM's defense of me is obviously very pro-town, well from my perspective anyway.

I think it highly likely there was atleast one, if not both, scum on my wagon.

Moriaty: Very poor excuse to hop onto my wagon, accuses me of lurking, and being a poor player, yet he has no posts on this page himself.

I have a slight pro-town read on Image. Oh, and Image: When someone is put at L-1, the general expectation is that they have to claim.

I have no real read on Turkey, though I am definatley not suspicious of him.

Zindione: I find his play contradictive, he says he hates day one's, yet he unvotes when his target nears a lynch, and FOS's me rather than hammer's me when given the opporunity. This feels to me more like a scum not wanting to step on anyone's toes.

Zee: Still find his attitude anti-town, and his play scummy, though there are a few things that might suggest he's town. I find his posts very difficult to read.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:46 am

Post by image »

ZEEnon wrote:also, please tell me how the voting patterns i posted up were not correct.
i'm very positive they are correct.
ZEEnon wrote:

vote Xtoxm
vote DIonized
vote Sironigous
However, in post 58,
I wrote:Therefore,
Unvote: Sironigous
and
Vote: zindionne.
As for other incorrect statements? There's your most recent one, for starters. IronTurkey points out another mistake of yours in post 88, and then you grabbed a quote from Xtoxm out of context in post 97:
ZEEnon wrote:
Xtoxm wrote: I find Zee suspicious. Don't like his post style either, it's hard to read, which is anti-town.
Sir, what were you thinking when you said "that's what I think"?
..obviously he was thinking what
he said he was thinking, duh.
For context,
Sir wrote:Actually...

Unvote

Vote: image

That's what I think....
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:51 am

Post by image »

@Xtoxm: Okay, I will bear that in mind. I figured that with an early day one wagon a claim might be a little more than is necessary, especially since a lot of the wagon was due to you not posting much.
--The Doctor
zindionne
zindionne
Townie
zindionne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:21 am

Post by zindionne »

Zindione: I find his play contradictive, he says he hates day one's, yet he unvotes when his target nears a lynch, and FOS's me rather than hammer's me when given the opporunity. This feels to me more like a scum not wanting to step on anyone's toes.
that's because of now, I just realized there's no time limit for the days. I would rather of just waited the day 1 out than of chance lynching a townie, being -2 town instead of -1.

If I knew this earlier, I would of probably hammered you.
not a bot or alt account >< stop the paranoia!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”