Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Phate »

None of you understand IRC mafia.

1) Nothing you're talking about matters. No, not even that.

2) IRC mafia is played at night. Until there are less than six players, the day is almost just a distraction. The night is the most important element of IRC mafia.

I'm going to leave you guys a little primer because I suspect I'll be killed early.

The most important thing right now is to get a good estimate for the number of kills at night. The best plan is to nolynch. If you try to lynch, you will just lynch a townie, and that townie will likely be a town powerrole. Even more likely, you will wagon a player up to L-3 or so and he will claim a town powerrole and then you will all switch to a different target and he will claim another and you will back down again and etc.

I don't expect to get enough support for a nolynch to be able to pull it off, and if I don't I intend to more-or-less active-lurk
(cue: OMG LYNCHPHATE)
until you've decided on a townie to lynch.

In the morning, there will be kills. The number of kills will give you a feel for how many killing roles there are. At least one will be the mafia (two mafias are severely unlikely), and there will probably be 1-2 more (I'd guess mafia+sk+vig+possibly another vig). It won't be exact because of protective/blocking roles, but it will be approximate. Calculate based on the number of kills whether you lose an extra day if you mislynch compared to a nolynch. If you do, massclaim. If you don't, nolynch.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:58 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

armlx wrote:I'm interested in the following people right now:

DGB
Rofl
Zwetchenwasser.
I'm not so sure about rofl, if he is what I think he is, we need to leave him be, at least for today... No arguments on the DGB thing, and I completely understand the zwet thing...

And now that Tanarin has replaced (Hi Tan!!!)...

I will claim...

I am Tanarin, the all-powerful. I have every ability and I can ban each and every one of you (Except for the OPs, inc. Phate and Tan...) and win the game at any point. Ha. (This is a joke, obv. Some of the IRC'ers will get it)
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

OMG LYNCHPHATE!!
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Tanarin »

Hey everyone, I'm gonna need to go re-read everything, but that shouldn't take too long. I will say this though as it is right in front of me. Phyte is almost correct in that IRC mafia is usually played at night for at least the first couple of nights. Day roles can and will change this though.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:31 am

Post-before-last was a joke, BTW. I don't support a no lynch. Seems too advantageous for scum.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:36 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Phate is actually correct... :)

Still need UROE lynch for very obv reasons.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

||| MAFIABOT || VOTE COUNT (10 to lynch) |||
||| MAFIABOT || DrippingGoofball - 1 (Empking's_Alt) |||
||| MAFIABOT || KaleiÃ
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:57 am

Obv reasons? Why obv reasons?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Tanarin »

OK, A few notes:

1) Odds are we only have a regular scum group left (Wolf or Mafia we don't know.) If it is a wolf pack, then all cop inspects are useless as all wolves pop town to cops.

2) For at least the first day I think it is best that we do listen to the people who have played on IRC a lot. We tend to know a few more of the quirks of the bot. Saying this, I am against a MC this early. We have 18 alive and most likely a 3 person scum group. As others have said, a MC would only help the scum right now.

3) Cops: Wait a few days before you take your results as sane. That does ot mean you could breadcrumb if you feel you need to, but xylbot LOVES to throw out non-sane cops.

4) Tar: Your excuse to vote Kevy is very weak. Yes, he could easily fudge stuff, but him showing a possible testsetup (Which everyone has access to) is hardly speculating or inside info. I also don't get where Kev "let it slip" that Mafia didn't hit their intended target. All I gather from his posts up to that point is that he is surprised there were not more kills, which considering this is a xylbot setup, is weird. You then vote rofl for counterclaiming. Again xylbot can throw out "weaker" roles multiple times. This could easily mean we have multiple cops and odds are at least one of them are not sane.

5) DGB: In Post 67, you say armlx is town, what leads you to believe this? It just seems like a random thing to say. Same goes to Kevy and post 73.

Well that puts me up to about post 80. I'll read more later but I have a feeling I'll need to do a really deep read on TAR in the near future. I'm not liking what I am seeing from him ATM.
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Kevy »

First of all, I agree with everything Phate said in Post 200 MINUS the nolynching part. Yes, there is the chance of lynching a town power role, but we're going to have many, many more to replace them yes? I'm not too interested in having wagoned players claim unless they ABSOLUTELY have to, but I suppose we don't have any control over that. Also, town should have a pretty good idea of what role a lynchee is if we're going to lynch them in the first place. In other words, I think I have a pretty good idea what Tarhalindur is, and I can say we're not losing a lot if we lynch him. I don't want anti-town/scummy players living past Day 1. We should lynch. There is definitely enough information on the table to decide on a lynch.

That being said, if I cannot get Tarhalindur lynched, I would go for a URoE vote. I don't like him for some reason.
Tanarin wrote:5) DGB: In Post 67, you say armlx is town, what leads you to believe this? It just seems like a random thing to say. Same goes to Kevy and post 73.
I like bread.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:34 pm

Hmm... Kevy and Kscope, cases, please?

I am still not a doctor, rofl.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by armlx »

No Lynching seems beyond the nut low.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:23 pm

armlx wrote:No Lynching seems beyond the nut low.
What?

Also, No Lynching is a possibility, but I don't think we should do it here, it's different than on IRC, just has an IRC setup.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Tanarin »

I don't see any reason why we should even be considering a NL at 18 left. It just feels like a waste of a day to me.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Tanarin »

OK, I did a bit more reading, and here are a few more notes I have (Yes, I am skipping ahead as far as my notes go because I do have a few questions here I want to ask):

1) First off, I really don't like how zwet went and claimed his role right after Phate asked for a MC. If he really is a MUP as he claims, then odds are he is town. This is also bad as it now puts a big ass target on a not only sane inspect, but also a possible kill. I kinda wonder if maybe there is a Phate/Zwet connection here.

2) URoE has a damn good point about townies not wanting to MC, especially if they have any sort of power. There is no need to go outing any docs/town rbs/cops at this stage in the game. Yes, scum would be just as hesitant, but that is why this is a null tell.

3) DGB, in post 129 you say that as town you feel that you should go along with a MC despite objecting to it. How come?

4) Vir, you ask why Tar may want to be lynched if that is indeed where he is going with this. You do mention jester which is a possibility, but this could also be really, really bad Super-saint or Mad Gunman play. Heck, this my also be bad pinata pay. Fact is, there are qute a few roles that would like to see a lynch considering this is wacky.

5) Zwet in post 145: As much as your logic kinda makes sense, the literal pelothera of roles Xylbot can throw out, (Something like 500+ non-themed roles,) makes confirming/proving someone really hard. Not to say it can't be done, just that if town has a role, odds are scum has some sort of equivalent.

6) roflcopter: I feel you made a very weak vote in post 149 and an even weaker excuse in post 151. This is followed up by tajo making a vote on him in post 151. Now, I haven't played any games with you and this could indeed be town-you as DGB suggests.

7) Tajo: to answer your question in post 151: In theroy it is possible, but again wacky has just about every role possible available to it. The only real difference between wacky and insane, (Another setup on xylbot,) is how balanced the setup is.

8)164: Yaya's only post so far. Yaya, it has been over 2 days since you made that post, what do you think about what you have read? The thread was not that long at that point and I obviously got through it all pretty quickly.

9)168: TAR's 4th or 5th vote on someone (I personally lost count by this point.) The only difference here it seems is that he actually has a valid point here. This was acknowledged in post 173 by Tubby himself. So Tubby, if you didn't understand, why didn't you ask earlier as opposed to active lurking like you did?

Well that about covers everything. I think I feel somewhat comfortable with this:

!vote: Tubby

I just don't see the reason to active lurk like you have been.

@Kev: That's kinda what I was figuring. Just be careful, bread leaves quite a mess I hear.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by roflcopter »

tanarin has a higher than average chance of being a uroe scumbuddy.

incidentally, uroe still needs more votes to get lynched. hop to it guys.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:05 am

roflcopter wrote:tanarin has a higher than average chance of being
a uroe scumbuddy
both sane (personally, not in-game) and a very talented and experienced IRC player

incidentally, uroe still needs more votes to get lynched.
hop to it guys.
Fixed.

This is D1, I think that we should at least try and listen to what the more experienced IRC players say. I expect them to be killed because they will be the ones to really spot fakeclaims and such. Also, knowledge of the bot spitting out killing roles is helpful, so I see where Phate is going, but it's stupid.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:16 am

Post by roflcopter »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
a uroe scumbuddy
both sane (personally, not in-game) and a very talented and experienced IRC player

hop to it guys.
Fixed.

This is D1, I think that we should at least try and listen to what the more experienced IRC players say. I expect them to be killed because they will be the ones to really spot fakeclaims and such. Also, knowledge of the bot spitting out killing roles is helpful, so I see where Phate is going, but it's stupid.
blah blah blah appeal to authority

nothing about tanarin being an experienced irc player makes what i said any less valid. experienced irc players can, in fact, be scum, and can try to cover for their scumbuddy
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:27 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I'm an experienced IRC player, and I say we lynch UROE
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Tanarin »

Kscope, how come? For opposing a MC so early in the game? He has a very valid point which can't go ignored. Right now any MC only benefits scum more than town. What I am finding weird is that in most games, asking for a MC so early would get that person lynched. Why are people acting so different this game about an MC?

Right now there are 5 people who have stated they are against an MC. Myself, uroe, Vir, Kevy, and DGB, (DGB will do it if the rest of the town is for it though.) DOes this make all of us scum? I want everyone to think about this and answer.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

Tanarin wrote:Kscope, how come? For opposing a MC so early in the game? He has a very valid point which can't go ignored. Right now any MC only benefits scum more than town. What I am finding weird is that in most games, asking for a MC so early would get that person lynched. Why are people acting so different this game about an MC?

Right now there are 5 people who have stated they are against an MC. Myself, uroe, Vir, Kevy, and DGB, (DGB will do it if the rest of the town is for it though.) DOes this make all of us scum? I want everyone to think about this and answer.
in this thread tanarin strawmans an entire bandwagon
soi soi soi

Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Tanarin »

rofl, it's a bad wagon. You want to lynch someone who refuses to MC on Day 1. If this was D4 or D5 and a MC would break the game open, then yeah URoE is stalling. Right now though, I don't see a MC breaking the game open and only see scum taking advantage of a MC. I really think that we need to look at the active lurker more, as there is no reason to be active lurking in this game. Now would you please answer my question?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 am

Post by populartajo »

Tan, when did the only part of UROE's case being scum become "refusing to MC"?
Also where the hell is Tar?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 am

Post by populartajo »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
a uroe scumbuddy

hop to it guys.
Fixed.

Falco needs to die.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:27 am

Post by roflcopter »

Tanarin wrote:rofl, it's a bad wagon. You want to lynch someone who refuses to MC on Day 1. If this was D4 or D5 and a MC would break the game open, then yeah URoE is stalling. Right now though, I don't see a MC breaking the game open and only see scum taking advantage of a MC. I really think that we need to look at the active lurker more, as there is no reason to be active lurking in this game. Now would you please answer my question?
the part where you're strawmanning the whole wagon is the part where you keep insisting that uroe is only being voted because he didn't want to massclaim. as for your question
tanarin wrote:Myself, uroe, Vir, Kevy, and DGB, (DGB will do it if the rest of the town is for it though.) DOes this make all of us scum? I want everyone to think about this and answer.
its very misleading, because it is based on the false premise that people are only voting uroe for one action which multiple people have done.

in short, i call shenanigans
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”