Newbie 736 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Moriarty147
Moriarty147
Goon
Moriarty147
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Moriarty147 »

Well, at the rate he's going, Xtoxm might actually be contending with Prof. Guppy for worst IC (this is not a title you want), and I really hope that's not going to be the case. Would like to see some content and reasoning from him, there's been no reason for lurking and then merely leaving 1-line posts containing cases with no evidence to back them up whatsoever.

I am fine with
##Vote: Xtoxm
for now.
Was yea ra omness chs ciel sos infel...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Bandwagon vote, complete with BS reasons. Nice.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Porkens »

hmm.

unvote; vote Xtoxm
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

Fifth Vote Count of Day 1:

Xtoxm 4 (image, ZEEnon, Moriarty147, Porkens)

ZEEnon 1 (Xtoxm)
LynchHimNotMe 1 (IronTurkey)

IronTurkey 0
Porkens 0
image 0
Moriarty147 0
zindionne 0
Sironigous 0

Not Voting 3 (LynchHimNotMe, Sironigous, zindionne)

5 to lynch.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:38 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Xtoxm wrote:Bandwagon vote, complete with BS reasons. Nice.
i'm sorry but this is just unacceptable .
as an IC, you should be showing
us newbies how the game is supposed to be played.
by your short, unmeaningful posts,
you do the exact opposite .
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Are you expecting such a quick bandwagon based on "lurking" on page 5 to be on scum? Be serious. My wagon si quite clearly scum fueled.

Is someone going to unvote, or am I expected to claim?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Sironigous »

I reread the pages before Xtox was put on L-1.

... What exactly is the argument against him?

Is it because he has short posts or something?
... People, look through all his posts in other games, it's not like they're long either.
Trinka Trinka!
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Sironigous »

EDWOP

Well, honestly I shouldn't bring other games into this...

Yeah, I know... L-1... It's a tough situation.
Trinka Trinka!
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:52 am

Post by image »

Xtoxm wrote:My wagon si quite clearly scum fueled.
So who is quite clearly scum? Why is it obvious? You don't need to claim, but talking a little more would be nice.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by VoteAnyoneButMe »

Vote: Porkens

being an IC, you should know that Xtoxm's style of play is short and yes, very annoying most of the time.

However, you, for being all reasonable and insightful, suddenly jumps onto a wagon after it has been filled to the brim with clueless players, without much explanation.

By the way, remember when I asked you to talk more? I didn't trust you much, acting as if by being IC, us new players are immediately expected to look up to you like you are God's gift to town, when you could be a wolf leading all of us sheeps into your den.

Xtoxm, c'mon dude...you do have some explaining to do too.
Stats: W/L/T/A
Town: 1/0/0/0
Mafia: 0/0/0/0
Third: 0/0/0/0
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

By the way, remember when I asked you to talk more? I didn't trust you much, acting as if by being IC, us new players are immediately expected to look up to you like you are God's gift to town, when you could be a wolf leading all of us sheeps into your den.
:roll:
being an IC, you should know that Xtoxm's style of play is short and yes, very annoying most of the time.
How does being an IC tell me anything about xtomx's playstyle? Why are you defending him? Why are you suggesting that his 'meta' is a good defense?
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Porkens wrote:
Why are you defending him? Why are you suggesting that his 'meta' is a good defense?
don't put words in my mouth, i can talk for myself thanks.

what i said was more so about you than it was about Xtoxm, please justify your vote for Xtoxm...is it LAL?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

I guess I can appreciate what you are trying to do with me here, but I'm not sure how I've misinterpreted this;
Again; how does being an IC mean that I should ~know~ anything about Xtoxm's play style? You also imply that if I
did
know it, I'd know it wasn't a scumtell. I'm not trying to put words into your mouth, so let me ask; what do you mean?

That all being said; are you comfortable just letting Xtomx slide through day 1 as is?
Moriarty147
Moriarty147
Goon
Moriarty147
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Post by Moriarty147 »

@Xtoxm: some actual
reasoning
is nice. You claim your wagon is scum-fuelled, but why? Who do you think are the scum? I see no reason whatsoever to move my vote as of now.

@LynchHimNotMe: utter nonsense. An IC is not a magical being that understands all playstyles and knows how to react in every situation accordingly, they are merely another player. Moreover, what does playstyle have to do with anything? Xtoxm is lurking and making completely useless posts, why would you excuse his actions? This makes no sense and honestly looks like a classical chainsaw defence.
Was yea ra omness chs ciel sos infel...
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:29 am

Porkens: you're telling me you've never played with Xtoxm before? Okay, let's say you didn't before, does knowing that Xtoxm just have a shit of a playstyle change anything? Do you think your vote is still well-placed?

Moriarity147: Porkens vote on Xtoxm was extremely opportunistic and very out of character for an IC, that was all I was trying to say. ICs don't just jump onto a L-1 wagon with 'hmmmm...Vote:Xtoxm'

This is not about Xtoxm, btu about YOU Porkens, who along with several others want the day to end with a LAL on Page 5.
zindionne
zindionne
Townie
zindionne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:00 am

Post by zindionne »

unvoting when it seems like everyone else is doing so, then proceeding to call a random vote to show activity, meaning you were basically lurking, is very suspicious in my book...
I honestly keep forgetting about this site, So i have to remind myself to check in every now and then.
@mod: Prod zindionne and Xtoxm?
They've both posted in the last two days; I don't find that necessary.
uh, what??
@Xtoxm: some actual reasoning is nice. You claim your wagon is scum-fuelled, but why? Who do you think are the scum? I see no reason whatsoever to move my vote as of now.
FOS: Xtoxm

I dont want to vote for him yet, I would like to give him a chance to talk/claim. but if he doesnt, my vote is heading there as of now.
not a bot or alt account >< stop the paranoia!
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 am

of course, lynching on Page 5 on Day 1 is a GREAT idea :roll:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Porkens »

Porkens: you're telling me you've never played with Xtoxm before? Okay, let's say you didn't before, does knowing that Xtoxm just have a shit of a playstyle change anything? Do you think your vote is still well-placed?
I believe I have, although I can't remember which game it was. But no, I don't look at playstyle as a factor, in general.

As far as this being LAL...I don't know who you think is lying here, but...?

I don't have any regrets.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

Blah, fine;
unvote

Well handled if you're actually having to cover for a scumbuddy LHNM.
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Porkens:

you've suspected a total of 4 people: image, Sironigus, ZEEnon and Xtoxm, since the beginning of this game.

you voted image because he called his vote random when you believed that it wasn't

without unvoting

you voted for Sironigus because there were only 2 votes on him and you voted so he can 'explain' himself

without explaining why you dropped the case on Sironigus (but instead unvoting and referring back to image)

you voted for ZEEnon based on the wording of his posts and his rash voting-unvoting patterns

you voted for Xtoxm for not explaining himself and your justification was 'hmmm'
---

you sir Porkens, have some explanation to do.
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by IronTurkey »

Porkens wrote:Are you asking a question here or just trying to hint at some vague accusation?
If I said "vague accusation" would that allow you to make me scummy? The answer is obviously yes. So essentially we're left with "asking a question" though I definitely did not (for there is no "?"). So I'll say neither and say it was a passing observation on your play (and dare I say it: even hypocritical play) that I hoped you'd comment on.

Also: though I agree that tom's play is not the best (I first brought it up), I am concerned at the speed in which his wagon has formed.
[Support Music]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Porkens »

Image's vote wasn't 'random,' and it was scummy to defend it as such. But, he conducted himself fairly well after that, so he seemed more town to me.

Sironigus was acting, has acted, and continues to act scumtastic. His posts are barely readable, and he hasn't contributed, in any real way, to the conversation. The only reason I unvoted from his was...

ZEEnon was very legitimately scummy, dropping a "serious" vote for a joke OMGUS vote.

And I feel a great deal of irritation about Xtomx. I was halfway hoping some overzealous newb would hammer him, so that we wouldn't be subjected to his "oh my god I can't be bothered to play" attitude.

But, you have a valid-ish point about his playstyle (as much as I hate to admit it), and I don't see scum, especially IC scum, being so blah about it all. So as much as I'd like to make him a policy-lynch, I don't think it'd be best for town.

Have I spread my suspicions around too much? I don't think so. I've been putting pressure on those who have seemed scummy to me.
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by IronTurkey »

Porkens wrote:<Snip>
Comment on the plays I highlighted befor, please?
[Support Music]
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Porkens wrote:ZEEnon was very legitimately scummy, dropping a "serious" vote for a joke OMGUS vote.
ZEEnon wrote:Pikachu hates you too.
Unvote.
Vote: zindionne
this sounds very serious. /sarcasm
that's the only OMGUS vote i see of mine.
perhaps you'd like to point out what i'm missing .
LynchHimNotMe wrote:
Vote: Porkens

just because you are an IC doesn't mean that you observe every player's play style. i certainly wouldn't .

Xtoxm, being an IC isn't trying very hard. he barely contributes besides to say that he'd be happiest with my lynch or that his bandwagon is fueled by 'bullshit' reasons. he doesn't explain why for either of those posts, however.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

@Iron Turkey: I still don't know what more you are asking for; I wanted him to claim and then I changed my mind. I think that's pretty evident from my unvote.

@ZEEnon: I never said that I observe every player's play style. In fact, if you read my last few posts; you'll see that A) I don't know anything about xtomx's playstyle (other than in this game) and B) I was actively arguing against his playstyle being a really valid point.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”