Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Vi »

Rhinox wrote:
Vi 595 wrote:
Korts 594 wrote:Vi, what is your purpose in stating that Rhinox is indeed obvscum if you go and vote Juls?
It's a running gag; pay no mind.
:P I'm always obvscum hehe.
Actually, I was combining two thoughts--
1)
Rhinox #55 wrote:and you're right. Korts is obvscum. Way scummier than BSG.

unvote, vote korts
2)
Vi #26 wrote:What kind of pressure comes from a baseless

Unvote; Vote Korts

?
Vi #27 wrote:Also, anything that looked like a vote in that previous post must have been a typo or something. Dunno how that happened.
Unvote; Vote Juls
Meh, explaining a joke takes the funny out of it, but there you go.

----

So Rhinox, you say you're up in the air about Korts, Juls, BSG, and three other players. Are you even going in some direction with this game?
Rhinox 597 wrote:It also seems his last vote on freeko was more of just a feeler to see if anyone would follow to lynch freeko for being... well, freeko.
What do you think of his unvote, then?
Rhinox 597 wrote:also, Vi, curse you for making me feel obligated to include post numbers in my quote boxes... grrr. :(
im in ur mafiascum, revolutionizin ur notation

----

Korts. My response to Korts 530 in post 590. Elaborate.

Mod-Edit Votecount 2-12+1

Freeko - 2 (BSG, Raider)
Korts - 1 (freeko)
Juls - 1 (Vi)
Rhinox - 1 (Korts)

Not Voting - 5 (tubby216, afatchic, Rhinox, Juls, TonyMontana)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in 7 Days, in case you happen to be wondering.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

Vi 600 wrote: So Rhinox, you say you're up in the air about Korts, Juls, BSG, and three other players. Are you even going in some direction with this game?
I'll know where I'm going once I get there ;)

I actually think I've done a pretty good job being transparent lately in where I think focus should be, and I think I've been exploring where I said I would be exploring. I don't think its scummy to not know what I expect to be the end result as of right now. I think at least one of Juls, BSG, Tony, afatchic, and tubby have to be scum... 3 of them I'm still in the feeling out stage, I'm waiting for some more participation from BSG, and also waiting for Juls to return and join back in the conversations.
Vi 600 wrote: What do you think of his unvote, then?
Well, that was part of my conclusion about his vote being a feeler. Kinda like he was throwing a line out there to see who else would jump on in his post 81. Nobody did. The next 4 posts he was basically saying the same thing. Freeko never changed his stance, so the unvote doesn't seem to be justified - it seems like, well nobody wants to lynch freeko, so lets just drop it and go back to Rhinox.

Question for Korts though... What makes having strong convictions a town tell?
vi 600 wrote: im in ur mafiascum, revolutionizin ur notation
*sigh* Can't you give me one post where I don't end up ROFLing? :P
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Korts »

Vi wrote:
Korts wrote:I said this:
"I can't imagine sheep as clerics."
Where cleric is a rolename and not a role.
I can't imagine sheep as Cops or Trackers either
So the logic kind of breaks down here, considering this game is supposed to be vanillaless.
Umm, no. "Cleric" is flavor, cop and tracker are roles. The difference being, "cop" and "tracker" denote abilities, while "cleric merely implies it. My point was, cleric is an inherently
human
flavor, and at the time I said that, I'd believed the whole town to be mainly sheep.
Rhinox wrote:Question for Korts though... What makes having strong convictions a town tell?
As the wagon on him grows simply for the reason that he's pushing bullshit points, freekoscum I'd expect to back off. Funnily enough he's done that, in a way, but not while my vote was there.
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

Korts wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Question for Korts though... What makes having strong convictions a town tell?
As the wagon on him grows simply for the reason that he's pushing bullshit points, freekoscum I'd expect to back off. Funnily enough he's done that, in a way, but not while my vote was there.
If that were true though, then all scum would have to do to seem town is to have strong convictions about someone else being scum, without even having a good reason, and then never back off. In other words, its wifom to say you would expect scum to back off, because then all scum have to do to look town is to not back off.

But I also find freeko's last post about going to bark up another tree to be a little odd... but you did ask him to not have confirmation bias on you, and I always like when players continue to scum hunt even after they think they found scum, so I'm certainly not going to sit here and say its scummy for him to back off now.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:34 am

Post by freeko »

I wonder, if I start to push on raider. Would korts come flying to his defense like raider came to korts' defense?

This might be the only time I will do thins until korts gets lynched.

unvote
vote raider

Hmm, but wait. Maybe we should look at BSG because that little #@$! has a vote on me too. Hell, why not..

unvote
vote BSG

If for no other reason than the show is starting to suck again, and a blatant delayed OMGUS. But I dont really think this would do any good, I dont really have any info that makes me want to vote for you. Maybe I locked into someone so hard that you slipped past. Nah, I think there is ean even better target still.

unvote
vote Juls

Mainly becuase Vi made a case for it. Though I will say I dont agree with it. Juls could very well be scum, and most likely partnered with BSG + someone previously inactive. Hmm.. On that note...

unvote
vote tubby

I just looked at post #599 and wehnt WTFOMGWTFOMGWTF. Then I tried to comprehend what was said and went OMGWTFWTFOMGWTF some more. First of all I think I made it clear why I want korts guts stomped out. Second, you are speculating and reaching VERY FAR with what you say here. Almost as bad as riaders flavor fabrication earlier in the day. It is amazingly apparent that tubby here hasnt read pretty much anything. As raider has staed that thera re 2 sheep and in doing so confiremd korts as being a sheep and attempted to say jebus was the other one (which is horsecrap). So your argument is pretty much shredded by everything that was stated before you even made the argument. Or maybe you could be the other sheep? Who knows, who cares. Pay attention to who is claiming what and how they do it. Something tells me you missed a few details along the way.

Then again what exactly is a sheep in this game anyway? Its certainly not vanilla. We already know that. And to think our poor little lamp chop thought everyone was a sheep before makes me think that his being a sheep is quite plausible. Though I still cant figure out what kind of sheep would be able to talk.

unvote
vote korts

I still want to stomp your guts out. If you are a sheep and you chose to watch at night, you would know you arent very observant or cognisant of what is happening around you. This makes me think that you are a liar (hell im pretty sure you are lying). Maybe I can actually believe this outlanish claim of yours. But I cannot believe that you think everyone is/was a sheep when the twilight for day 1 was happening. You slipped up and its most likely that you should be the one pressured some more. If for no other reason then to expose your buddy raider for the piece of trash scum he is. Though I am more confident now about him being scum that you for the time being. Its a gut feeling at best, but all the signs are pointing this way.

unvote
vote raider
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by raider8169 »

@Freeko,

I do not understand you in this game. I cant quite place it but you are just latching out at half the people in this game. Why do you want me lynched? Might make things a little easier to understand once I claim but before we get to that point can I have the reasons why you are voting me?
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by freeko »

Thats about what I expected from you.
Ok someone explain the korts bandwagon. I dont recall Korts doing anything that deserved to be lynched.
Yup. Steeeeerike 1. Oh here is the next pitch. It lloks like it might have caught the corner.
Im sure the flavor is that one wants to make all the money for themselves or something and when no one is looking will take out the other person.
Yep, strike 2 on the outside corner. Already an 0-2 count, guess its time to get a little defensive. Gotta expand the zone and make sure you dont strike out now. Anyways, seems the pitcher took his sign and here is the windup. The pitch...
I would have to role claim to explain more and not sure if people wish for me to do that. It would explain why I have more information day 2 then I did day one.
Hmm, fouled that one off. Seems the coach is coming out to talk things over with the pitcher. Time for a commercial break. Dont really want to claim scum now do you?
I think I need to toss in their that as long as no one counter claims sheep I am backing up his claim.
It seemed to fit the picture I was expecting regarding someone having a sheep role. I knew that Korts said something sheep like before but I took that originally as he was trying to draw out the sheep.

Just think though, the sheep wanted to stay up and watch, and yet can talk too...
Nevermind that what you say is that you confirm korts sheep claim, but then you try to backstab him and undermine him here. I never really paid too much attention to that before. Its amazing what you get to see during the breaks in the action and the cameras are just rolling on random stuff. Thats the one that I read over and over again and try to figure out exactly where was this trying to go.
I know there is a sheep in this game other then Jebus who died in the opening sceene. If no one else claims sheep then Korts is confirmed sheep. Confirming he is a sheep though does not make him any less town or scum. However, I believe the sheep role to be town. I can not confirm it, unfortunatly.
Without quoting It said 2. One of which was killed off in the opening sceene, for those that dont remember it was revealed as a sheep. So yes, there should be one other sheep.
Again more circle jerking.
I confirmed his sheep claim because I know there is another sheep. I also think the role is town based. I think this would be stupid to keep to myself giving I could possibly save a town role(as I said I think he is town).
Ummm.. ok. Right. Time to step out of the batters box for a econd, gott think over wahts coming , the count is 0-2 still.
Rhinox has said some things that has made me wonder if he is just trying to get anyone lynched. TBH I really wish we had those replacements in. They hold alot of information that could really push the game in the right direction.
Coincidence that you now throw suspicion on Rhinox, who is the same person Korts has defaulted to voting on when he hasnt had a vote on me? Seems you are back in the batters box waiting for the pitcher to take a sign.
Jebus, the night 0 kill was a sheep, that is the other sheep role.
They could counter claim as say they sheep. Meaning that either Korts of the replacement lied.
They refers to the 3 people who are at the time not in the game yet. Seems something doesnt add up here now does it. Well lets see how much more drivel we can find...
Only I have information that says he should be a townie.
I knew there was a sheep role and another role that is attached to it somehow.
Ok, so korts is a sheep and here now you say someone is attached to it somehow. I think they just cut to a commercial break for th favorite soap opera, as the lie turns. Oh wait maybe that was jsut the announcers. Looks like they just keep on rolling now that teh snowball started tumbling down the hill.
Anyways, I know that their are 2 sheep. I know that one of the two sheeps is dead and was named Jebus. You can blame the mod for that one but I dont think it is going to do you any good.
Before it was one sheep, then 2, then 1 then 2 then 1, and now 2 again... Come on now. And then the mod steps in with this little nugget that bashes apart your entire smoke and mirros act up to that point.
Mod-reminder: NPC's are never more than flavor.
GG raider. You are obviously lying. Oh look that fastball just got blown right by you for strike 3 now didnt it.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:55 am

Post by raider8169 »

Wall of quote here I come...
freeko wrote:Thats about what I expected from you.
Ok someone explain the korts bandwagon. I dont recall Korts doing anything that deserved to be lynched.
Yup. Steeeeerike 1. Oh here is the next pitch. It lloks like it might have caught the corner.
Explain why there is anything wrong with not understanding the case on someone and further more I didnt see why any of it was scummy enough for a lynch. A vote sure but not by me.
freeko wrote:
Im sure the flavor is that one wants to make all the money for themselves or something and when no one is looking will take out the other person.
Yep, strike 2 on the outside corner. Already an 0-2 count, guess its time to get a little defensive. Gotta expand the zone and make sure you dont strike out now. Anyways, seems the pitcher took his sign and here is the windup. The pitch...
So I am guessing flavor, I enjoy doing that as this is a well thought out game. Whats wrong with that? I am not guessing your role just explaining how it is possible that you could be scum while Vi could be town or vice virsa, explain how there is anything wrong with this.
freeko wrote:
I would have to role claim to explain more and not sure if people wish for me to do that. It would explain why I have more information day 2 then I did day one.
Hmm, fouled that one off. Seems the coach is coming out to talk things over with the pitcher. Time for a commercial break. Dont really want to claim scum now do you?
Frist off, who would ever claim scum? Second, you have been the only one repeatedly trying to get more information from everyone else. I am not able to talk with anyone else, but wait you can. Is Vi "coaching" you on this one?
freeko wrote:
I think I need to toss in their that as long as no one counter claims sheep I am backing up his claim.
It seemed to fit the picture I was expecting regarding someone having a sheep role. I knew that Korts said something sheep like before but I took that originally as he was trying to draw out the sheep.

Just think though, the sheep wanted to stay up and watch, and yet can talk too...
Nevermind that what you say is that you confirm korts sheep claim, but then you try to backstab him and undermine him here. I never really paid too much attention to that before. Its amazing what you get to see during the breaks in the action and the cameras are just rolling on random stuff. Thats the one that I read over and over again and try to figure out exactly where was this trying to go.
You dont read well do you? I have confirmed there is a sheep role and that Korts is the only one to claim sheep. With no more replacements needed and once they get spun up then then we will be able to confirm he is the sheep role. The last comment was just something I thought funny, a sheep that can talk and wanted to stay up and watch over everything. Have you ever heard of a sheep doing that? I didnt think so, again I thought it was funny.

Also the second quote is out of context. Reread the posts around it and you will find that I was referring to you.
freeko wrote:
I know there is a sheep in this game other then Jebus who died in the opening sceene. If no one else claims sheep then Korts is confirmed sheep. Confirming he is a sheep though does not make him any less town or scum. However, I believe the sheep role to be town. I can not confirm it, unfortunatly.
Without quoting It said 2. One of which was killed off in the opening sceene, for those that dont remember it was revealed as a sheep. So yes, there should be one other sheep.
Again more circle jerking.
If you would have stopped asking the same stuff again and again, I wouldnt have to keep repeating myself. Unless you mean something else. Which I would never know as your posts now include a random quote and crappy commentary.

freeko wrote:
I confirmed his sheep claim because I know there is another sheep. I also think the role is town based. I think this would be stupid to keep to myself giving I could possibly save a town role(as I said I think he is town).
Ummm.. ok. Right. Time to step out of the batters box for a econd, gott think over wahts coming , the count is 0-2 still.
Do you have any point to these comments? Dont you find it odd how I was asked to repeat myself how many times?
freeko wrote:
Rhinox has said some things that has made me wonder if he is just trying to get anyone lynched. TBH I really wish we had those replacements in. They hold alot of information that could really push the game in the right direction.
Coincidence that you now throw suspicion on Rhinox, who is the same person Korts has defaulted to voting on when he hasnt had a vote on me? Seems you are back in the batters box waiting for the pitcher to take a sign.
Oh noes! I agree with someone I think it town. The world is ending.
freeko wrote:
Jebus, the night 0 kill was a sheep, that is the other sheep role.
They could counter claim as say they sheep. Meaning that either Korts of the replacement lied.
They refers to the 3 people who are at the time not in the game yet. Seems something doesnt add up here now does it. Well lets see how much more drivel we can find...
What doesnt add up, atleast try and be helpful.
freeko wrote:
Only I have information that says he should be a townie.
I knew there was a sheep role and another role that is attached to it somehow.
Ok, so korts is a sheep and here now you say someone is attached to it somehow. I think they just cut to a commercial break for th favorite soap opera, as the lie turns. Oh wait maybe that was jsut the announcers. Looks like they just keep on rolling now that teh snowball started tumbling down the hill.
In other words you dont know how I get my information and you wish to find out, lynching me in the process. Typical scum tactic.
freeko wrote:
Anyways, I know that their are 2 sheep. I know that one of the two sheeps is dead and was named Jebus. You can blame the mod for that one but I dont think it is going to do you any good.
Before it was one sheep, then 2, then 1 then 2 then 1, and now 2 again... Come on now. And then the mod steps in with this little nugget that bashes apart your entire smoke and mirros act up to that point.
When did I say there was ever only one sheep?
freeko wrote:
Mod-reminder: NPC's are never more than flavor.
GG raider. You are obviously lying. Oh look that fastball just got blown right by you for strike 3 now didnt it.
Name something about this game that is not just flavor? You role perhaps? I have not lied, and everything I have said it still true. The point of what he said is that the role was flavor and it still fits into everything I have said.

Seriously you need to slow down when you read, if you are even reading everything. You seem slow to understand and instead of asking questions to help you understand you just ask the same thing waiting for a word or two to change and then jump on someone for that. You are being completely anti-town and I think everyone in this game sees that. Furthermore you have scum written all over you and Vi is the only reason you have not been lynched by now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Vi »

raider8169 wrote:
freeko wrote:
So I am guessing flavor, I enjoy doing that as this is a well thought out game. Whats wrong with that? I am not guessing your role just explaining how it is possible that you could be scum while Vi could be town or vice virsa, explain how there is anything wrong with this.
Actually, I had forgotten about this quote. And it strikes me how when someone else claims merchants, you immediately suggest that one is guaranteed scum. But when it comes to Korts, you suggest that "you think" he is Town based on your own guessing. 'Pretty one-sided on the flavor-guessing, ne? For me to do the same as you did, I would have to suggest that Shepherd (which is what I'm assuming you are) is the same as a Godfather.
Moreover, I said WHY I believe freeko is Town. You haven't actually produced a paraphrase that would suggest why you think Korts is Town.

Bottom line: Outguessing the setup fails (or it should in any game that's competently made). You are scummy for trying to do so for purposes of an accusation.
raider wrote:I am not able to talk with anyone else, but wait you can. Is Vi "coaching" you on this one?
No dice. No daytalk. And while this line of commentary/frothing accusation is amusing, I trust you've seen that I don't view this sort of behavior as a Good Idea, strategically speaking. Your accusation is bad, and you should feel bad for making it.
raider wrote:Furthermore you have scum written all over you and Vi is the only reason you have not been lynched by now.
And why aren't you after me?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:15 am

Post by raider8169 »

Vi, please use the enter key at some point :P Makes it harder to find all the ends of the quotes and what I can remove and whatnot.
Vi wrote:Actually, I had forgotten about this quote. And it strikes me how when someone else claims merchants, you immediately suggest that one is guaranteed scum. But when it comes to Korts, you suggest that "you think" he is Town based on your own guessing. 'Pretty one-sided on the flavor-guessing, ne? For me to do the same as you did, I would have to suggest that Shepherd (which is what I'm assuming you are) is the same as a Godfather.
Moreover, I said WHY I believe freeko is Town. You haven't actually produced a paraphrase that would suggest why you think Korts is Town.
Based on PK and Freeko's play I think one to be scum. I never said they must be scum and if that is how I can across it was not how I meant it. The one sided flavor guessing works the same for you, you read first hand what Freeko said in the other forum and I only have what you say. Same goes for how I think Korts is town. I am not a shepherd, I think that was Occam. My role is not tied to Korts in anyway. I thought I said all the before but I dont remember.

I never paraphrased why I think Korts is town? I thought I already did. Either way, its all based on interpretation. Someone is trying to make sure the sheep get to the next town for who knows what reason. Its a make sure they get there type thing and not a everyone must be dead type thing. That is why I think the sheep is town.
Vi wrote:Bottom line: Outguessing the setup fails (or it should in any game that's competently made). You are scummy for trying to do so for purposes of an accusation.

Outguessing the setup is fun however should never be taken as fact or a reason to vote someone. Unvote sure, vote no. My vote on freeko is not based on the I think the setup would have one of you two scum.
Vi wrote:
raider wrote:I am not able to talk with anyone else, but wait you can. Is Vi "coaching" you on this one?
No dice. No daytalk. And while this line of commentary/frothing accusation is amusing, I trust you've seen that I don't view this sort of behavior as a Good Idea, strategically speaking. Your accusation is bad, and you should feel bad for making it.
The idea was just that freeko said I was being coached and I was pointing out the same thing could be said about you coaching him.
Vi wrote:
raider wrote:Furthermore you have scum written all over you and Vi is the only reason you have not been lynched by now.
And why aren't you after me?
Why would I be all over you for defending someone? As town that is your job to defend who you think it town and lynch who you think is scum. You have not been making threats or anything like that so I have no reason other then what PK said in the past to think you to be scum. I did at one point think you were but now you do not stick out so much as scum.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Juls »

Sorry for the extended away...I have been swamped with school work and home life. I am catching up now and will try to post later today.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:48 am

Post by Korts »

Ugh. Walls of text in every game I play.

freeko's points are intertwined with bullshit and running analogies, but he makes a few good points. Particularly the wishy-washiness on the mod flavor and the application always of the most favourable theories.

However his slip on the daytalking implies that he's not group scum, since he would know what kind of talking there is; he's probably an SK unless mafia can daytalk while masons can't--highly unlikely.
scumchat never die
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Juls »

Rhinox 528 wrote:Similarly, you telling me you've never been right about anything in mafia so far is making me doubt the accuracy of your cases and suspicions.
Well, I have two options here. I could quit playing cause I am really bad at the game...or, I could keep trying and hopefully learn from my mistakes and the other players in the games with me. The speculation on Occam was excitement for me cause I thought "oh...did I just pick up my first bread crumb?" Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Only time will tell. But I don't put faith in myself. (Being hard on myself is a bad personality trait!)
Rhinox 528 wrote:Even if 1 or both of Vi or freeko are scum, there is still at least 1 other scum to find. If there is a chance we can learn something about Vi or Freeko without having to resort to killing one of them, then its better to dedicate more time to finding the other scum.
And I have removed my vote. And I may be mistaken but it has been removed since my vote on Korts because I wanted to wait until other people were in the game.
TonyMontana 531 wrote:I'm gonna start off with what caught my attention most, during my read through.
Juls wrote: You are one of two things:
1) scum-mason
2) town-mason
Either way,scum already know which you are. So killing PK only helps us (the town) trust you. It doesn't change the way scum thinks of you.
I found it interesting, how those were the only options you would see. Did the possibility of just plain scum never cross your mind? I would imagine it wouldn't if you are scum yourself.
When I made this comment I felt that the mason claim was legitimate but they didn't know each others alignment and thus one is probably scum and one is probably town. I still believe this could be true but I am not sure which is which. (I know I said something to the contrary once to freeko about being "caught scum" but it was OMGUS cause he was annoying me).
raider 562 wrote:Occam I got the impression was something of a sheepherder. It seems Occam was dropping hints to find the sheep but not the sheep.
This is also what I picked up on. I think he was a sheppard (although I still can't imagine what a sheppard would do as a role?). He even used the word "sheppard" at one point. If what you are saying is right, then maybe he was trying to rolefish to the other sheep to come out in thread and identify themselves quietly.
everyone wrote:baaaaaaaahhhhhh
This whole debate over 2 sheeps, is Jebus a sheep or does he count toward the sheep count...My belief is that if what raider is saying is right then there would be two player sheep so its possible someone else is sheep other than Korts.
freeko 589 wrote: I had to chaperone a college valentines day semi-formal dance
Now this just makes me mad! I was willing to let your attitude pass with just a roll of the eyes if you were 12...but clearly you are much older than that. Your attitude really stinks for an adult freeko...grow up.
Vi 590 wrote:What a coincidence! All of them are being covered for by other people. 'Time to look elsewhere, ne?
I am willing to look elsewhere and am trying to process everything carefully...I just haven't seen anything yet.

Well, I have responded to everything directed at me I think...my laptop battery is about to die so I have to end my post. I really wish the replacements would participate more. This is getting a bit ridiculous
-------------------------------------
Juls
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by afatchic »

Sorry catching up is taking so long. this is my biggest problem about the mafia; trying to find time to catch up when replacing and doing rereads. once i get caught up i usually stay real active. the problem that is taking me so long here is that a lot of people are like pyramid posting where they quote a lot, then say one sentence about it, making the pages extremely long. hopefully i will be done soon and have some useful content. Just wanted to let yall know i haven't forgotten about yall though.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:24 am

Post by tubby216 »

i am seriously lost in this game by the way i have been reading and re-reading and i cannot get a grasp on this one. I am sorry please bear with me i will try to have something worth posting soon
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Rhinox »

I don't get all the speculation about the shepherd role. Flavorwise, I guess it does make sense that there would be a shepherd to go along with sheep, but how does it help us any to talk about a shepherd? Ok, so I can see how raider being shepherd would make sense since he knows about the sheep. Raider says he's not shepherd though... so what other roles could I imagine would know about sheep without being a shepherd? Raider the Border Collie? Raider the wolf?

Also, I dislike how raider continues to insist that korts is the only living sheep. Raider says his role can confirm the presence of 2 sheep. The N0 kill was strictly flavor. Korts is the only claimed sheep. Anybody else want to claim sheep? there should be another... I think it makes the most sense for Occam to be the other sheep - actually, if nobody else alive is the second sheep, either Occam was the second sheep, or raider is lying. How does speculating about Occam being a shepherd help us in any way. Why would shepherd-occam be trying to locate the sheep, and how would that relate to his role, when the role he implied having seemed to be more of an investigative type role, regarding the claimed neighbors?

If you guys are gonna speculate, at least do it right. Don't just shout something out without any support for it whatsoever, and without taking into account the information we actually know thats not speculation.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:41 am

Post by raider8169 »

Rhinox wrote:If you guys are gonna speculate, at least do it right. Don't just shout something out without any support for it whatsoever, and without taking into account the information we actually know thats not speculation.
You are very right, my speculation is based on solid information. I would like to hear what the replacements have to say but after that I think it might be best for me to claim and then everything might make sense. I am getting sick of this going no where and atleast want to move on.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 am

Post by freeko »

Why not just do it now? Afraid someone will shred your fakeclaim since you wont know what everyone is yet?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:22 am

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:Why not just do it now? Afraid someone will shred your fakeclaim since you wont know what everyone is yet?
No because I was waiting for you to say just that. :roll:

I was sort of hoping you would stop trying to push everyone to claim as that is a scum trait and that might show that I am wrong about you being scum. It would seem that I am right.

However, I would like everyone's opinion on this as it is normaly not a good idea for everyone to role claim but we are almost at that point.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:32 am

Post by freeko »

Well, you and korts are the ones I have pegged. Both of you have said that you will claim .. korts ages ago.

Either way its a valid question. If you are going to claim anyway, whats the problem with doing it now?

Only reason that comes to mind is you want to get a feel for your fakeclaim before you make it.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:37 am

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:Well, you and korts are the ones I have pegged. Both of you have said that you will claim .. korts ages ago.

Either way its a valid question. If you are going to claim anyway, whats the problem with doing it now?

Only reason that comes to mind is you want to get a feel for your fakeclaim before you make it.
How about the idea that maybe someone doesnt want me to claim for who knows what reason. Or how about everyone else thinks its a bad idea for me to claim seeing that I am not a L-1. Maybe its not a good idea for me to claim to your scum partner so then he targets me tonight. I see the whole getting a feel for someone fakeclaim wayyyyyy too much. People who need a fake claim normaly have that set up way in advance so its a null tell to me in any situation. Now if we were mass claiming then its another story but that is why the scummer people claim first.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Rhinox »

I don't think a mass claim is necessary - at least not right now. If we're going to have claims, it should come naturally based on who we think is scum and want lynched. Declaring mass claim time just means everybody starts shouting out roles and flavor, and scum have a candy store of information to choose from when fabricating their fake claims. Although, and I think I said this earlier, I'm very interested to hear the types of fake claims we would be getting, knowing that scum can't take the easy way out and claim VT.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Korts »

freeko wrote:Well, you and korts are the ones I have pegged. Both of you have said that you will claim .. korts ages ago.
Um, no. What I said is that I will claim if the
majority
wants me to. As far as I know you alone don't make a majority, nor has there been a general concensus that I know of that I should claim. It'd be real nice if you could stop misrepping me, lest it appear you are scum.
scumchat never die
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:28 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok is it beneficial for those that are sheep to claim at this point?

to me is seems anti town for them to claim.

i also see freeko's relentless persuit of this highly anti town.
that mixed with his posts appear to be missleading.

so with that

vote freeko
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:33 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Vi wrote:Shortly put I'm having a more difficult time believing the whole sheep/shepherd thing now that Jebus has cleared up that he's not one of them. Would anyone like to claim Sheep 2? (other than Occam posthumously)
Baaah.

But I have reason to believe I wouldn't count towards raiders supposed two sheep.
I can't really say for sure though, since I don't have any idea what his info is.
Nor do I agree that he should be forced to claim unless the town demands it by threat of lynch. (or an impeding lynch on korts, if he feels a claim could be valuable in that scenario.)
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”