Mini 735 - Bad Times In Kuribonia- Game over!

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Ythill »

Mod:
I just reread the rules. If you edit my use of red in #322, please also edit the use of the word (red) in the argument immediately following the quote, so that it makes sense. Sorry for being a retard.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:27 am

Post by kuribo »

Ythill wrote:
Mod:
I just reread the rules. If you edit my use of red in #322, please also edit the use of the word (red) in the argument immediately following the quote, so that it makes sense. Sorry for being a retard.
Changed to blue because blue is pretty.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Ythill »

Thanks kuribo. You can have your left eye back.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:38 am

Post by qwints »

I really don't like how MM has handled himself in response to YTHill's accusations. He's played dumb to a couple of obvious points ("what/when is 12-scum) and has responded to detailed arguments with near-empty one-liners.

I want a detailed explanation of MM's contradictory posts or I will return my vote to him. Scum not fully remembering their previous posts is one of the key slips that allows us to catch them.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

qwints wrote:I really don't like how MM has handled himself in response to YTHill's accusations. He's played dumb to a couple of obvious points ("what/when is 12-scum) and has responded to detailed arguments with near-empty one-liners.

I want a detailed explanation of MM's contradictory posts or I will return my vote to him. Scum not fully remembering their previous posts is one of the key slips that allows us to catch them.
Me not recognizing what he was referring to is not scummy. There is nothing in the posts that implicates me as scum.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Ythill »

Claiming that X was your motivation when Y was clearly your motivation is lying. Claiming that X was your motivation when you don't remember what your motivation was is lying. Lynch all liars.

Why does that sound familliar?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ythill wrote:Claiming that X was your motivation when Y was clearly your motivation is lying. Claiming that X was your motivation when you don't remember what your motivation was is lying. Lynch all liars.

Why does that sound familliar?
I wish you would use specific incendents instead of general principals when implicating a speicific person. I can tell you firmly I was not lying. I may have misinterpeted your accusation or not recalled what you were referring to properly, but I can assure you I was not lying. And there was certainly no mallicious intent. And I don't appreciate that implication.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I can see Ythill's strategy. He is not an idiot, therefore I can safely assume that he knew I was really scummy. But he had a small aprehension about me, so he decided to interrogate the leader of my bandwagon (MM), to see if he reacted like town or like scum. I assume if Monkeyman had reacted in a way that seemed townie-ish (however the hell that's accomplished), Ythill would be pressuring me instead.

Is my vote still on this guy? How rude of me.

Unvote
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Ythill »

MM wrote:I wish you would use specific incendents instead of general principals when implicating a speicific person.
I did. Very specific. You ignored them. And you're deflecting here.
MM wrote:I can tell you firmly I was not lying.
And I will not believe you. However, I know that I can be wrong, and I assume that you can be. So if you can show me what the misunderstanding was (not just insist that it was a misunderstanding), maybe I'll get off your back. Until then... die scum die.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by qwints »

2 posts without the detailed explanation. Let me be clear. YThill pointed out an explicit contradiction in MM's statement. MM, you need to explain how that happened beyond just forgetting what you said before. There needs to be a reason you changed your position besides being opportunistic.

Until then,
unvote, vote MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

It's not being opportunistic. I just forgot that I had said that I was waiting to vote. And, as I had explained, it was a case of me not expressing myself clearly, becuase it was less of me not wanting to vote and more me hoping we would have good night results to catch scum with.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Ythill »

You forgot you said it. Fine.

Did you forget you were waiting? Clearly not, because you admit to waiting, and to having a reason. You simply forgot that the reason was X and then lied, saying the reason was Y. Meanwhile, I've pointed out that your play demonstrates that Y was not a valid reason at that time.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ythill wrote:You forgot you said it. Fine.

Did you forget you were waiting? Clearly not, because you admit to waiting, and to having a reason. You simply forgot that the reason was X and then lied, saying the reason was Y. Meanwhile, I've pointed out that your play demonstrates that Y was not a valid reason at that time.
Yeah, I didn't know why I had said it, so I said it the reason was Y, when it in fact was not, because I didn't realize I had said X in the first place. I should have looked through the thread before posting. Lazienss, not scuminess.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Ythill »

So why are you using fiction in your arguments? Laziness explains not having solid facts, it does not explain creating new ones off the top of your head.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ythill wrote:So why are you using fiction in your arguments? Laziness explains not having solid facts, it does not explain creating new ones off the top of your head.
I replied with what I thought I should have been thinking, rather than what I was actually thinking.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Ythill »

That's obvious. The question was: why?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ythill wrote:That's obvious. The question was: why?
Like I said, my memory of the incident was incorrect and I hadn't bothered to look it up.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Ythill »

Thank you for being direct (#339 was unclear). MM, please answer the following questions directly and
honestly
. If you can't remember something, say so. Your answers may help me determine whether or not we should lynch you today, which still looks like a good idea at this point.

(1) You say you targetd Ting last night because you suspected him. Why did you admit to targeting him in #221? What good did you think it would do the town?

(2) You seem to think that power roles should all reveal their results on D2. Is this a fair observation? Why were you still wanting to keep your night action a secret while asking for others to reveal theirs? Can you post a link to a finished game where you espoused similar beliefs as town? If not, why not?

(3) When you hammered R, you said you'd explain in the morning. Why wait until morning for the explanation?

(4) Briefly, what are your top five reasons for wanting to hang Guppy? If he was somehow immune, who would be your second choice?

And tick-tock, btw. I think there are more votes coming.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ythill wrote:
(1) You say you targetd Ting last night because you suspected him. Why did you admit to targeting him in #221? What good did you think it would do the town?
I believe I was trying to show that I had a night action without actually roleclaiming, and then I was still pressured, so I felt I had to rc.
Ythill wrote:(2) You seem to think that power roles should all reveal their results on D2. Is this a fair observation? Why were you still wanting to keep your night action a secret while asking for others to reveal theirs? Can you post a link to a finished game where you espoused similar beliefs as town? If not, why not?
No, I do not think this is a good idea. I think it is helpful to get SOME night results on day 2, but you usually don't want to rc power roles unless forced to because of supsicion. I think if minor roles can give night action results, while power roles keep theirs secret early on, that is most helpful. And finally, since I'm not agreeing with you, there is no such game.

Ythill wrote:(3) When you hammered R, you said you'd explain in the morning. Why wait until morning for the explanation?
Because I didn't want the mafia to make any kill decisions based on my reasons.
Ythill wrote:(4) Briefly, what are your top five reasons for wanting to hang Guppy? If he was somehow immune, who would be your second choice?
Admitting he's scummy, refusing to defend himself, wanting to see town power roles lynched, and not attacking Ting are my biggest reasons. I'm sure there are others but I'd have to do another reread.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Ythill »

Second choice?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Ythill »

MM wrote:I believe I was trying to show that I had a night action without actually roleclaiming...
Just to clarify, your reason was that this would keep the pressure off of you? If not, please explain what you meant.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ythill wrote:Second choice?
Sorry, Ting. Since he either lied or mispoke about being on L-2 yesterday, and cause he's avoiding attacking Guppy.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ythill wrote: Just to clarify, your reason was that this would keep the pressure off of you? If not, please explain what you meant.
Well, I didn't want to roleclaim if not necessary.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Ythill wrote:Second choice?
Sorry, Ting. Since he either lied or mispoke about being on L-2 yesterday, and cause he's avoiding attacking Guppy.
EBWOP: L-1
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Ythill »

Actually, they're both true. LOL.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Ythill wrote: Just to clarify, your reason was that this would keep the pressure off of you? If not, please explain what you meant.
Well, I didn't want to roleclaim if not necessary.
I understand this. What I want to know was, why did you reveal that you targeted Ting? Was it because you were under pressure? That's what it sounded like you were saying but it was somewhat unclear.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”