Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:17 am

Post by destructor »

Kmd4390 wrote:Because if we keep him alive, the game ends a day earlier. If we lynch him, we lose that day anyway.
I don't follow you.

In an end-game scenario, so far as we know, Glork being alive ensures a scum win. Hence, we make sure Glork is dead at least a day before end-game and increase the town's chances of winning. This is a simple and indisputable truth based on what we know of this game's mechanics. Does this not make sense?

This is all assuming we even get to an end-game scenario and we haven't lynched Glork for something else anyway. It's possible that we catch scum every day and Glork is town (hypothetically), in which case Glork's vote restriction won't be an issue.

Kmd's second-guessing isn't unexpected. I do the same. But honestly, it doesn't phase me a heap if Darox is actually town for all the reasons I've already stated. We'll still have more to work with tomorrow and won't have a horrendously long Day 1 to seive through for info, which is genuinely a good thing.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:13 am

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: I hate long Day 1's. They're a liability to the town and basically not fun...30 pages is enough.
Spoken like the true scum that you are. 30 pages is not enough when 28 were wasted on a townie that ain't goin' out like that and told everyone so, twice.
destructor wrote: The day's been productive.
It's starting to be. Not surprising at all that scum wants this current wagon on Darox to succeed and fast. Well, let me slow it down again and put my vote back where it belongs.

unvote

vote:Des
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Glork »

destructor wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Because if we keep him alive, the game ends a day earlier. If we lynch him, we lose that day anyway.
I don't follow you.

In an end-game scenario, so far as we know, Glork being alive ensures a scum win. Hence, we make sure Glork is dead at least a day before end-game and increase the town's chances of winning. This is a simple and indisputable truth based on what we know of this game's mechanics. Does this not make sense?

This is all assuming we even get to an end-game scenario and we haven't lynched Glork for something else anyway. It's possible that we catch scum every day and Glork is town (hypothetically), in which case Glork's vote restriction won't be an issue.
Suppose there are five players left, with one scum.

If you lynch me based on not having a vote, assuming a nightkill, the remaining players would have one opportunity to lynch in a three-person endgame.

If you keep me alive and I can't have any impact on the game without a vote, then you have one opportunity to lynch (with five players left alive).

Policy-lynching me doesn't actually accomplish anything aside from wasting a day and giving the scums another opportunity to nightkill whomever they want. That's why it's a terrible idea.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Glork »

Also, in spite of the 31 page length, the first 8-9 pages were basically useless, as people just went crazy with their roles. I mean, actual lengthy discussions on alpacas, superhero battles, Dahill spamming "OMG ALIENZ" (incidentally, Dahill, wtf happened with that? You've calmed down quite a bit since the first 8 pages or so)... that's hardly content, and doens't require more than a quick skim as we look back and re-read for future information.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:51 am

Post by dahill1 »

Glork wrote:Also, in spite of the 31 page length, the first 8-9 pages were basically useless, as people just went crazy with their roles. I mean, actual lengthy discussions on alpacas, superhero battles, Dahill spamming "OMG ALIENZ" (incidentally, Dahill, wtf happened with that? You've calmed down quite a bit since the first 8 pages or so)... that's hardly content, and doens't require more than a quick skim as we look back and re-read for future information.
i'd already answered that but in summary: it was mainly for lulz but also i was unsure of whether i had a PR or not as my role PM was vague.
also, why are you typing in normal english all of a sudden?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Glork pretty much summed up what I am saying about voteless.

Also:
dahill wrote:why are you typing in normal english all of a sudden?
This.

What happened to the accent?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:55 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote: What happened to the accent?
No shit.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Mirth »

Since y'all are being whiny little peacenik pinko-commie-liberals about the voting process, you'll get your extension. But this is your last one.
Final Deadline: Monday, Feb 23, 2009, 11:59 PM EST

Votecount

darox - mary -[imaginality, elvis, des, kmd]
elvis - had - [Plum, Isacc]
Kmd - a - [Dahill]
des - little - [sly]
PJ - lamb - [Glork]

Not Voting - baaaaaaaaaaaaaa - [Caf, cow, Darox]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 2
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Dezh wrote:also, why are you typing in normal english all of a sudden?
I forgot, and have gotten ze modkillink varning.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:28 am

Post by caf19 »

Darox, I'm confused about your foregrounding of my points against hasd. Even if they were as weak as you're saying, they were only a minor part of my scumhunting, made as part of a general post of my thoughts on people. I didn't try and get hasd lynched - far from it - and I've moved on entirely from that now as I've found more interesting things to analyse. So why such a huge problem with it? As far as I can tell, that section of your post just adds to the big ol' buddy-up to hasd that permeates your post. Or maybe that buddying is just a part of your PR/schtick, it's hard to distinguish. Still, good to see you contributing again, I await the second part of your analysis eagerly.

--
SlySly wrote:It's starting to be. Not surprising at all that scum wants this current wagon on Darox to succeed and fast. Well, let me slow it down again and put my vote back where it belongs.
This extract intimates that you think Darox is town. But a few posts ago, you voted for him and said that even though he wasn't your first choice, you would be fine with his lynch. This makes very little sense - please explain your position on Darox.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Unvote, Vote Isacc
because of the extension.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:33 am

Post by destructor »

I'm pretty sure there's something really wrong with Glork's 752. I'll get to the bottom of it later.

In the meantime, kmd, what do you think about Glork?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Isacc »

Was out of town for valentines, and my comp is finally fixed. Prod received, will post tomorrow though.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

destructor wrote: In the meantime, kmd, what do you think about Glork?
I think that if he is town, there's no reason to policy lynch him. He hasn't really done anything scummy so far, so I don't plan on lynching him any time soon.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by SlySly »

caf19 wrote: This extract intimates that you think Darox is town. But a few posts ago, you voted for him and said that even though he wasn't your first choice, you would be fine with his lynch. This makes very little sense - please explain your position on Darox.
Even before Darox made his latest post that actually contained content, I concluded that if Darox flipped town, I would have an entirely new list of scum candidates.

Since Darox's latest post and based on the play of a few and the observations of a few others, I think I know who all the scum are now. I will keep my complete list to myself at this point but I think Des is definitely one of them, especially considering his extreme tunnel vision on me earlier today and his willingness to rush the end of the day.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I'm reading up now...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Glork »

destructor wrote:"Wait and see" was what I said. I didn't vote you, I didn't say, "let's lynch Glork". I said you, as a voteless player, are a policy lynch one day before lylo. I asked for a claim because that was all I could see that would change that. All of this was easier for me to say because you didn't look very town either. I wanted the idea out there now, so it wouldn't be a scramble later in the game.
Liezh. Ven joo firzht mentioned it, joo said joo had to think on vot ze alleged restrikzhon said. Zen joo came out vith joor "Glork should claim or else we should leench him" idea.
Dezh wrote:So far, no one, including yourself, has provided a compelling argument against my suggestion, which is on purely theoretical grounds, and I have asked for feedback on it. Most of the responses seem to be based on preferences as opposed to real probabilities.
Ze policy itself is only part of ze issue here. Joo demanded a klaim
immediately
becoz joo said zat vizout one, zere vas no reason joo shood "be keeping [me] alive." Vot I kant onderstand is vy joo vood vont a klaim D1 for ONLY ze reason zat we may lose a day if I kannot vote in endgame.

First of all, zis is a DIREKT KONDRADIKZHON to vot joo jost claimed, zat joo vanted to "vait and see" how my role and gameplay vood play out. Before I ever had ze chance to respond, joo vere saying I shood klaim or die.
How in ze Motherland does "klaim or ve have no reazhon to keep you alive" translate "letzh vait and see vot happens over ze korse of ze game before decidink if Glork izh aktually ze scomzh"?

Dezh wrote:So, basically, your argument here has always been that I'm blindly pushing for your lynch without considering context, which isn't true at all.
Dezh wrote:So, Glork, if you can't vote for anyone, I think you should claim right now and explain to us why we should be keeping yo alive.
Joo tell me vezher joo vere "considerink knotekst" or giving me a "klaim or die" ultimatum, based on vot joo originially said. Don't joo dare try to change vot joo pushed. Joo vere blatantly fishing for a claim, else joo didnt vant me alive. Joo didnt say "perhaps Glork vill be investigated and vill bekome konfirmed town" (vich vood obviouzhly negate ze desire for a policy leench). Joo never said "perhaps Glork vill have anozer ability vich vill become evident vithout him having to klaim on D1 for no reason at all." Joo never said "perhaps Glork's lack of vote is temporary, and he vill be able to vote later." Tho joo never outright DENIED zese possibilitizh,
joo implied zat me klaiming is preferrable to exploring ze dynamics of my role vithin the context of ze game.
And ZAT is vot botherzh me so moch about joor play. I vood NEVER expekt joo to take soch an onreazhonable approach as town, and zat is vy I think joo are ze scomzh.

Hopefully zis post hazh artikulated my pozition moch more.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Glork »

elvis_knits wrote:Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I'm reading up now...
Did joo have a jot valentinezh date?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

dahill1 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I think Darox is the play today. His participation has been pathetic. The fact that he has promised things and not come through really makes me suspicious. Combined with the bandwagon vote on KMD with no explanation, he remains my choice.
what are your thoughts on him now that he's completed the review?
I don't like his review. It's only of half the people in the game. I don't like that at all. When you pick only certain people to review, that makes me suspicious... like he's shaping his answers. Why choose the people he did? Why leave out the people he did? It's not like his review was only people he found scummy. He said I was scummy, buddied up to hascow and lucifer, says a whole lot of nothing about caf, dahill, and glork. I don't agree with him about hascow, and feel he was sucking up. And the only person he accused of being scummy was me, and that's basically OMGUS.

I still support his lynch.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Glork wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I'm reading up now...
Did joo have a jot valentinezh date?
No, it was Singles Awareness Day for me. I went to see Friday the 13th though :D
Talk nerdy to me.

Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Isacc »

Am I the only one severely bothered by the fact that Darox is hugely buddying to Hascow? I mean, it's almost like reverse tunnel-vision. A large part of his post is about how hascow did amazing, and anyone who criticized hascow was scummy for it.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think I just said that. :P
Talk nerdy to me.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:17 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Isacc wrote:Am I the only one severely bothered by the fact that Darox is hugely buddying to Hascow? I mean, it's almost like reverse tunnel-vision. A large part of his post is about how hascow did amazing, and anyone who criticized hascow was scummy for it.
I find it quite odd and it makes me a bit uneasy.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Darox »

elvis_knits wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I think Darox is the play today. His participation has been pathetic. The fact that he has promised things and not come through really makes me suspicious. Combined with the bandwagon vote on KMD with no explanation, he remains my choice.
I don't like his review. It's only of half the people in the game. I don't like that at all. When you pick only certain people to review, that makes me suspicious... like he's shaping his answers. Why choose the people he did? Why leave out the people he did? It's not like his review was only people he found scummy. He said I was scummy, buddied up to hascow and lucifer, says a whole lot of nothing about caf, dahill, and glork. I don't agree with him about hascow, and feel he was sucking up. And the only person he accused of being scummy was me, and that's basically OMGUS.

Those are the first six people listed on the front page.

That's why I picked the people I did, and that's why I left out the people I did. Because I was only half done.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 am

Post by dahill1 »

elvis_knits wrote:
dahill1 wrote:

Preview Edit: see what darox says below
this makes me kinda think that you didn't read it

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”