Mini 740 - Communiqu├® Mafia 2: Game Over and the Winner is..

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Ok, I think that was the chain. So I think we have 2 theories to bat around, and have to consider later.

1: Some players could be able to do multiple communiques.
2: Our order involved 2 scum players back to back in the chain. This could come in handy later if we are able to confirm a scum player, we can then refer back to this chain to see who is in front and in back of them for investigational purposes.

We didn't identify Hohum's accuser, and if it was a one shot cop, town should be ok coming forward and claiming the responsibility. My guess then is it did not come from town, hence the reason they are hiding, and putting Hohum up high on my likely town list. If it was indeed town who got a guilty, at some point you better come forward or otherwise make sure hohum gets lynched.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by roffman »

I agree with ecto that if hohum is not town, it is an extremely intelligent tactic for scum to employ, and probably means the town is going to lose very quickly. As such, i'm inclined to say hohum is town unless overriding evidence presents itself to the contrary.

BTW, if anyone accuses me of fabricating the message, if i was scum i would've not mentioned juls message, and then hung them both out to dry. This being no-reveal would have most likely gotten 2 free lynches, leading to a near certain scum victory.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Casey »

hohum wrote:Wow. What a bitch.
That was offensive,
sexist
, and completely unnecessary. I can't put up with this any more.

Vote: Hohum

Once again you evaded my questions. Are they not good enough for you because they came from a woman? Fine, don't answer them.

I hate you. I hate you so much. You are an oppressive male bigot.

I quit.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Don't quit Casey. You find morons in any crowd.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:34 am

Post by hohum »

Casey wrote:
hohum wrote:Wow. What a bitch.
That was offensive,
sexist
, and completely unnecessary. I can't put up with this any more.

Vote: Hohum

Once again you evaded my questions. Are they not good enough for you because they came from a woman? Fine, don't answer them.

I hate you. I hate you so much. You are an oppressive male bigot.

I quit.
You're the one who started with the high and mighty attitude, not me.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:40 am

Post by hohum »

but seriously. Don't quit. How do you ever expect to overthrow your oppressive male overlords and create a perfect feminist society if you run away every time one of us say something you don't like?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:33 am

Post by hohum »

roffman wrote:I agree with ecto that if hohum is not town, it is an extremely intelligent tactic for scum to employ, and probably means the town is going to lose very quickly. As such, i'm inclined to say hohum is town unless overriding evidence presents itself to the contrary.

BTW, if anyone accuses me of fabricating the message, if i was scum i would've not mentioned juls message, and then hung them both out to dry. This being no-reveal would have most likely gotten 2 free lynches, leading to a near certain scum victory.
This post strikes me as a little odd. Why the plea for townie points? Why are you trying so hard to paint yourself in a positive light?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:21 am

Post by dahill1 »

Vote Count

5 - hohum: (roffman, Reecer6, Ectomancer, hohum, Casey)
2 - Ectomancer: (dorvaan, Juls)
1 - Reecer6: (Budja)

4 - Not Voting: (RossWilliam, BSG, Braeden, magicrabbit)

12 alive means 7 to lynch

I'd like to ask both of the involved parties to tone down the insults a bit. Thanks.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by roffman »

hohum wrote: This post strikes me as a little odd. Why the plea for townie points? Why are you trying so hard to paint yourself in a positive light?
It's not a plea for townie points. It's an explanation of my future actions, as well as a pre-emptive defense against any attacks on me that may waste time.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by hohum »

roffman wrote:
hohum wrote: This post strikes me as a little odd. Why the plea for townie points? Why are you trying so hard to paint yourself in a positive light?
It's not a plea for townie points. It's an explanation of my future actions, as well as a pre-emptive defense against any attacks on me that may waste time.
Townies don't usually do anything preemptively. There's no need for a pro-town role to do things preemptively, because scum hunting is about investigation which by nature involves hindsight.

Why such concern about wasting time? The more that we discuss things the more information we have to go on as a town.
Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Braeden »

So we didnt really achieve anything from our loop of communiques?
"The myths die hard, especially within the Mafia.├óÔé¼
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Budja »

Well no :P, but we might have.

We also have three theories to look at, the two Ecto stated and that roffman could have lied.

(And no, I don't like the pre-emptive defence either.)
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:24 am

Post by BSG »

The theories:
-Some players could be able to do multiple communiques.
Seems very unlikely. First of all, this wasn't the case during the previous game. It would also give scum a huge advantage if the scum have multiple communiques as they could easily confuse town. It also wouldn't make sense to have a 1-shot cop with multiple communiques. He could give his result to multiple players during the day.
-Our order involved 2 scum players back to back in the chain.
More likely. The only thing is that it will be hard to find out who they are. I'll try to look at this one if there's perhaps a possibility to find this out.
-Roffman lied.
Also likely. But that defence of his, is WIFOM. So I'm not happy with that. Especially, if he didn't mention Juls' message, she would have made a huge argument against him. But, number 2 seems more likely.

Also, there are two other things.
First, when I got into this game, there was something that caught my interest in the role PM. It was the rule, that you were allowed to sign each communique with whatever you want, as long as it wasn't as the mod. I asked the mod more about this. Apparently, it's allowed to fake a communique with the name of someone else in this game. For example, Juls could have signed her communique towards Roffman with Hohum. That would have been accepted by the mod. So this is a warning that you shouldn't trust a communique that easily in the future.

Second, is the 1-shot cop claim. As already discussed, I think it's more likely fake. First of all, the claimed cop investigated Hohum, who wasn't in the game at that point. It also doesn't make sense to use a 1-shot ability during pre-game. As I said towards Juls, a cop investigation with no scum kill during pregame isn't possible. Only with a cop start, but the game started the day after the roles were sent, so it's very unlikely that there was a cop head start. And last but not least, the claimed cop hasn't come forward yet. It's very likely that if the claim was true, that he would have outed himself as a trade is encouraged.
So I would like to consider the two options that are left regarding the claimed cop:
-The claimed cop didn't know that this game is no reveal and tried to dump his buddy to get 'a confirmed position'.
-The claimed cop knew that this is a no reveal game and tried to dump a possible townie for a free lynch.

I'll come back to this later as I want to use the three possible theories in these possibilities.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Good breakdown. It buffers my own position. On a personal level, Hohum really deserves a good lynching. On a competitive level I won't touch him because all of the clues we have point to scum sending that message to Roffman.

Anticipating an attack on your motives and pre-emptively providing an answer is not a bad thing, and this:
Why are you trying so hard to paint yourself in a positive light?
is just asinine.

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:32 am

Post by hohum »

Ectomancer wrote:Good breakdown. It buffers my own position. On a personal level, Hohum really deserves a good lynching. On a competitive level I won't touch him because all of the clues we have point to scum sending that message to Roffman.

Anticipating an attack on your motives and pre-emptively providing an answer is not a bad thing, and this:
is just asinine.
If everything I say or do is so asinine then FFS why don't you just lynch me? You may nor like my play style but I am entitled to an answer to my questions before you pick them apart.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Budja »

I am not willing to declare hohum either scummy or townie. However I see no reason to lynch him.

Not much point keeping my vote on Reecer now he has sent his communique.
unvote
vote: roffman

I'd say their is enough of a chance that roffman lied to justify a vote IMO.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

hohum wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Good breakdown. It buffers my own position. On a personal level, Hohum really deserves a good lynching. On a competitive level I won't touch him because all of the clues we have point to scum sending that message to Roffman.

is just asinine.
If everything I say or do is so asinine then FFS why don't you just lynch me? You may nor like my play style but I am entitled to an answer to my questions before you pick them apart.
Don't like it when someone is a douche back to you? How does it make you feel? Not very good right?
At this juncture you look to be town. Try doing town things and I'll consider leaving you alone. Otherwise be ready for a game where you wont be lynched, but won't be cut any slack either. If you don't want your questions picked apart, try asking questions that don't
deserve
to be picked apart.

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by hohum »

Ecto,
ecto wrote: Don't like it when someone is a douche back to you? How does it make you feel? Not very good right?
I don't know why that was necessary. The mod already warned us.

If you want to turn this game into a pissing contest I'd be more than happy to oblige. I just tried to contribute positively by asking roffman a few questions. Don't accuse me of lurking when I stop trying to scumhunt because you jump all over me every time I try to probe someone for information.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Vote Count

5 - hohum: (roffman, Reecer6, Ectomancer, hohum, Casey)
2 - Ectomancer: (dorvaan, Juls)
1 - roffman: (Budja)

4 - Not Voting: (RossWilliam, BSG, Braeden, magicrabbit)

12 alive means 7 to lynch

Prodded a bunch of people who haven't posted in a few days
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Oops. Got Prodded.

one fourth jumping on the bandwagon, three fourths really disliking his ad hominens and his scummy and distracting play, so

Vote:hohum
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Casey »

I'm back. Sorry for getting so emotional over the weekend. :(
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

hohum wrote:Ecto,
ecto wrote: Don't like it when someone is a douche back to you? How does it make you feel? Not very good right?

If you want to turn this game into a pissing contest I'd be more than happy to oblige. I just tried to contribute positively by asking roffman a few questions. Don't accuse me of lurking when I stop trying to scumhunt because you jump all over me every time I try to probe someone for information.
Your comment wasn't necessary, but you did it anyhow. I don't care if the mod did warn you, I'm telling you that I'll make this really not fun for you if I see conduct like that. Quit whining about being called out on it. Cursing at a girl, calling her a sexist term with no provocation. Seriously. WTF is wrong with you?

unvote

Now, back to your question on Roffman. After reading Budja's comment, it does make a bit more sense. Roffman could have decided after getting a message from Juls to also "receive" a message from someone else with the guilty on hohum. Thing is, I don't think he realized that we would do a quick verification to see who had sent that message. I think that the reason we didn't find the 2nd message sender is that their isn't one.

vote Roffman

Don't think that L-1 on Hohum went unnoticed RossWilliam. Seeing the momentum slip?

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by hohum »

Ectomancer wrote:
hohum wrote:Ecto,

Your comment wasn't necessary, but you did it anyhow. I don't care if the mod did warn you, I'm telling you that I'll make this really not fun for you if I see conduct like that. Quit whining about being called out on it. Cursing at a girl, calling her a sexist term with no provocation. Seriously. WTF is wrong with you?
Unvote

@Mod: Please replace me
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by hohum »

I'm not going to apologize for an argument that I didn't start.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by hohum »

@Ecto: I don't know who you think you are but don't treat people like they're your children. That's what mods are for.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”