Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Vi »

raider8169 wrote:
Vi wrote:
raider8169 wrote:Is it because I use a capitial "I" or something. I have been daykilled a few times now and I if that is not the reason I am confused.
Yep.

For the record, VI stands for Village Idiot.

Now die.
Daykill: raider8169

Actual post to come once I deal with the games that I've been neglecting.
Ahh, I understand. That doesnt explain why you dont like it capitialized.

Also, according to the link you are scum...
Read through the edits to that page, and apparently I could be DrippingGoofball too.
Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...

Mod-Edit Votecount 2-10

Korts - 1 (freeko)
Rhinox - 1 (Korts)
Freeko - 1 (BSG)
Juls - 1 (Vi)

Not Voting - 6 (Megaflareon, Lunar_Tick, TonyMontana, Raider, Rhinox, Juls)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Currently seeking a replacement for Lunar Tick and Megaflareon, in that order.

Deadline is in 10 Days, in case you happen to be wondering.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Vi wrote:Also, according to the link you are scum...
Read through the edits to that page, and apparently I could be DrippingGoofball too.
Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...
[/quote]

I saw that, interesting. Of course as anyone can edit it, it doesnt mean as much.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

Lets not get sidetracked... All the daykilling is a joke, and Vi doesn't like being called VI because being a village idiot is not something to be proud of...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Rhinox »

Juls wrote:1) I don't know anything for sure. It is purely speculation. I am actually kinda excited because I want to see if I am right. Trust me, if I am, it would be the first time I was right about anything playing this game (mafia in general). If you watch the show Lost you might get what I am saying. I have had about 5,000 theories over the course of that show. So far, I am 0 for 5000. I don't have the greatest track record on these things.
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I just want to say one thing about the bulk of your post - in my last game, I said something to the effect of not being confident in my scumhunting ability. Because of that, when I tried to make a case on the player who was the remaining scum, the town also didn't have any faith in my case because I already said I was bad at catching scum. Because of this, the town lost, basically. Similarly, you telling me you've never been right about anything in mafia so far is making me doubt the accuracy of your cases and suspicions.
Juls wrote:2) I am not going to rely on my theory to change how I play the game. If we went through the day and gave Vi/freeko a pass and then Occam didn't come back then where would be? I know I have said otherwise while targetting freeko that they are a scum pair but my honest feelings is that one of them are scum and one of them are town. Freeko makes me want to go nuts OMGUSing him, but I am really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have withdrawn my vote for now on both of them. If you took the mason claim completely out of the picture, as if it never happened, I would be voting freeko.
I understand what you're saying, but my philosophy on how I play in situations like this is a little different. We can assume there are probably 3 or 4 scum in the game - none have been found. Even if 1 or both of Vi or freeko are scum, there is still at least 1 other scum to find. If there is a chance we can learn something about Vi or Freeko without having to resort to killing one of them, then its better to dedicate more time to finding the other scum. My philosophy would change if it were LyLo, or if there were only 1 scum remaining.

@BSG: do you still exist? Anything you want to comment on in 514? specifically, some clarification on this would be nice:
BSG wrote:And based upon the information I have received in my PM, I can tell you that scum don't have a reason to flavor fish names...
@Korts: Regarding the BS inside information attack, you're using some pretty bad logic there... You're assuming that by saying something hypothetically means that I have inside information and know it to be true. Its no different from players using phrases like "
if
player A is town", or, "I'm not ready to hammer yet
in case
its a mislynch". Usually, its not called out as a leak of inside information unless the player leaves out the
if
either subconsciously or if the player thinks its assumed. (for example, you saying "I can't imagine sheep as docs" is a slip of inside information. )

Speaking of that comment, I'm just wondering... If you thought that all town were sheep (or had no reason to believe they weren't), what logic did you use to decide that a sheep couldn't be a doc/cleric? What you basically said is "I think all the town are sheep, and I don't think a sheep could be a doc, so I don't think the town even has a doc."
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Korts »

Rhinox wrote:Maybe I worded that wrong?

"We Know that scum don't have a fake claim We have nothing to indicate that scum have a fake claim."

In other words, I was assuming that because there was nothing in the rules about safe claims, that scum didn't have any...
While I can see someone assuming such a thing, you know what it is to assume? It is to make an ass out of u and me. And especially since I believe that you are against setup speculation in general, this is a strange thing for you to say.
Rhinox wrote:Is this because you're scum and you have a safe fake name? In my town PM there is nothing to indicate that scum wouldn't have a reason to fish for names..
Ugh. You don't mean to imply that every town PM should contain the same things? And what importance is there in emphasising that your PM is town in particular?
Rhinox wrote:What I am learning is as town, I tend to be more relaxed, arrogant, and cyptic when there are no votes on me, but when I get wagoned, I become a little more stressed, humbled, and straightforward.
That's actually a fairly accurate rundown of my playstyle in general... I'm usually a mildly gambit-oriented player, but if I get pressured for it I tone the gambits down and the analysis up regardless of alignment. So if it was only the change in tone that convinced you it's a nulltell.
Rhinox wrote:(aside - I'm now coming to the realization that the former playstyle may be directly causing the wagon which leads to the latter playstyle, as evidenced by all 3 of my ongoing games)
Haha, yes. Same here. I don't really want to change, though; this playstyle is very effective for starting discussions.
Rhinox wrote:The way she talked about Occam immediately after day began, like she knew for a fact that occam wasn't really dead. I first thought that mafia would know for sure if Occam was really dead or not
This is a good point, actually. Even though you make the point that it would be better for mafia not to hint at Occam not being the target, there'd be an inherent curiosity and frustration boiling inside them if Occam hadn't been the NK target. Speculating about alternative possibilities is one way to vent.

At this point I'm starting to grow more fond of a Juls wagon. Her recent posts have been scummier than before--although I can't put my finger on it yet. Rhinox's points are valid ones as well.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Korts »

Rhinox wrote:@Korts: Regarding the BS inside information attack, you're using some pretty bad logic there... You're assuming that by saying something hypothetically means that I have inside information and know it to be true. Its no different from players using phrases like "if player A is town", or, "I'm not ready to hammer yet in case its a mislynch". Usually, its not called out as a leak of inside information unless the player leaves out the if either subconsciously or if the player thinks its assumed. (for example, you saying "I can't imagine sheep as docs" is a slip of inside information. )
You were speculating about information that was or could have been given to scum; I don't really see how there would be any basis to that kind of speculation unless you are scum yourself. There is also a difference between speculating on town information and scum information because town (something you are or are pretending to be) would know about some of the information a townie recieves in PM and nothing about what scum get.
Rhinox wrote:Speaking of that comment, I'm just wondering... If you thought that all town were sheep (or had no reason to believe they weren't), what logic did you use to decide that a sheep couldn't be a doc/cleric? What you basically said is "I think all the town are sheep, and I don't think a sheep could be a doc, so I don't think the town even has a doc."
I said this:
Korts wrote:I can't imagine sheep as clerics.
Where cleric is a rolename and not a role.
scumchat never die
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:08 am

Post by TonyMontana »

I don't read good (har-har)

I'm gonna start off with what caught my attention most, during my read through.
Juls wrote:You are one of two things:
1) scum-mason
2) town-mason

Either way,scum already know which you are. So killing PK only helps us (the town) trust you. It doesn't change the way scum thinks of you.
I found it interesting, how those were the only options you would see. Did the possibility of just plain scum never cross your mind? I would imagine it wouldn't if you are scum yourself.

Because Kort's theory a few posts later struck a chord with me:
Korts wrote:Vi's claim makes me think that they're both scum, actually. PK I can easily imagine as having tried a crude gambit (claiming masons with a scumpartner) and pulling freeko with him; freeko's response fits the profile of wary scum going with the plan but ready to bus, and Vi's most recent claim of neighbour covers all bases in case of a lynch of either one of them.
But while we're on the topic of Korts, I thought Vi pretty much destroyed him in 408. I must admit, I got pretty lost in the postwalls in the later pages, so can anyone explain why the korts wagon got dismantled. A sheep claim? In risk of sounding like freekofisher, I really wanna hear a full claim.

vote:korts
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Vi »

The Korts wagon was turned away by raider claiming inside info that says something to the effect of Sheep = probTown.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Korts »

I thought my thorough defense of my actions had something to do with it :(
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

korts wrote:You were speculating about information that was or could have been given to scum; I don't really see how there would be any basis to that kind of speculation unless you are scum yourself. There is also a difference between speculating on town information and scum information because town (something you are or are pretending to be) would know about some of the information a townie recieves in PM and nothing about what scum get.
But you're looking at my comment in a vacuum without considering the context... I was justifying why I think fishing for role names in this game is possibly scummy - because if scum don't have safe fake names, then fishing for role names helps scum fabricate believeable fake claims later by knowing the types of role names that town players have.

I was just pointing out specifically that I don't know for sure whether or not scum have a fake name, because even though I felt that would have been implied, a lot of times when I think something is implied, such as when players are referring to another player as hypothetically town, when they don't use the "if" its often assumed that it was a slip of inside information. Do you not agree it would have been worse if I just would have said "scum don't have safe fake names", as that would imply I know exactly what is in a scum role PM? Or are you trying to argue that my suspicion of BSG rolename fishing is invalid because we don't know whether or not scum have safe fake names? I hope its not the latter, because I think this is a potentially serious issue, and we should assume that scum don't have fake claims to use until we have reason to believe otherwise.

I also think this issue might be cleared up by BSG explaining how she knows "for a fact" that scum don't have to fish for flavor names, as I think that implies more knowledge of inside information than I have shown...
Korts wrote:Where cleric is a rolename and not a role.
Arguing semantics doesn't change the question... What made you think a sheep couldn't be a
cleric
, assuming you thought all town roles were sheep (also, assuming we had absolutely no idea what exactly a cleric was in this game)?
korts wrote:And especially since I believe that you are against setup speculation in general, this is a strange thing for you to say.
I think you'll agree that this was not even close to setup speculation, considering the context that I was justifying why I felt BSG was suspicious for role name fishing.
korts wrote:Ugh. You don't mean to imply that every town PM should contain the same things? And what importance is there in emphasising that your PM is town in particular?
Of course not... but I can't imagine any town role being "you know that scum don't have to fish for flavor name because..." nor can I even make up a reason for how a town role would know that. I think BSG should be able to explain how she knows that without giving away her role. As far as emphasizing the town part of my role PM, this is just another example of making sure nothing is left to interpretation by leaving anything in implications. I've learned that most of the time when I think something is implied, its not.
TonyMontana wrote:
Juls wrote:You are one of two things:
1) scum-mason
2) town-mason

Either way,scum already know which you are. So killing PK only helps us (the town) trust you. It doesn't change the way scum thinks of you.
I'm glad you brought this up... I forgot I had a comment about this same post, that I cut from one of my previous posts shortly after this comment was made.

Juls, I believe, was arguing that we should lynch PK, and that by doing so, we would be better able to trust freeko. I think this was when we all thought PK could confirm freeko.

I remember thinking that i didn't like the idea of lynching PK to be able to trust freeko - because if PK's death even would have confirmed freeko as town (IMO the only way that happens is if PK is town-mason anyways), then that pretty much means freeko would be nked anyways.

I also remember not liking the second part of the justification: "Either way,scum already know which you are. ... It doesn't change the way scum thinks of you." I think that was in response to freeko commenting about being nked for sure once PK's death confirms him as town. I didn't like it because scum know everyone who's not part of their group, but town players only become the obvnk when scum don't think ther is a chance they can get them mislynched.

I think I cut this from one of my previous posts because I was still of the mindset that I though juls was incinuating a town power role like doc, but didn't want to bring to everyone's attention the potential tell. Specifically, (since Juls answered my questions) I thought she was suspecting Occam to still be alive because she was a doc who protected him, and I though she might be hinting at being able to protect freeko from obvious death once he was "confirmed". I feel comfortable saying this now because I no longer believe this to be the case, and it sort of explains why I have been shying away from accusations on Juls for most of today.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Jebus »

afatchic replaces Lunar Tick. Thanks~
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Juls »

Just wanted to check in and say I will catch up tomorrow night. I have homework due tomorrow that I have to finish.
-------------------------------------
Juls
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by freeko »

Can we lynch korts now so I can die happy?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Vi »

freeko 537 wrote:Can we lynch korts now so I can die happy?
Why/How do you expect to die?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by Korts »

Ok, Rhinox, I can see how in context your apparent inside information is less scummy.
Rhinox wrote: also think this issue might be cleared up by BSG explaining how she knows "for a fact" that scum don't have to fish for flavor names, as I think that implies more knowledge of inside information than I have shown...
Yes, but BSG explicitly stated that this was information she got from her role PM, and thus it's not a slip but deliberate. Compare to yours, where you state with relative certainty that scum don't have fakeclaims but don't back it up with any claims of surplus knowledge, implying that you subconsciously know whether scum have fakeclaims or not.
Rhinox wrote:Arguing semantics doesn't change the question... What made you think a sheep couldn't be a cleric, assuming you thought all town roles were sheep (also, assuming we had absolutely no idea what exactly a cleric was in this game)?
Cleric seemed an inherently
human
flavour to me, and that didn't fit the notion that the town is made up of sheep. I assumed that MM was some sort of mafia not knowing that the town is sheep (which I believed it to be).
Rhinox wrote:Of course not... but I can't imagine any town role being "you know that scum don't have to fish for flavor name because..." nor can I even make up a reason for how a town role would know that. I think BSG should be able to explain how she knows that without giving away her role. As far as emphasizing the town part of my role PM, this is just another example of making sure nothing is left to interpretation by leaving anything in implications. I've learned that most of the time when I think something is implied, its not.
I get the feeling you're fishing for role information, although your reasons for asking BSG to elaborate are very convincing. I'm actually at a loss as well as to how she knows that scum don't have a fakeclaim.

Nevertheless your reaction seems slightly to me like scum flailing at the sight of someone knowing something about them.
scumchat never die
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:Can we lynch korts now so I can die happy?
Are you just ignoring what I have been saying or do you just not believe me?
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:58 am

Post by freeko »

Both.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:29 am

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:Both.
Vote freeko

That is not anybit helpful to town. You just want Korts lynched for the sake of a lynch then. Everyone else on the bandwagon atleast concidered what I have said and then made up their mind, even if it was agianst the information I had. I would much rather you be todays lynch.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:36 am

Post by TonyMontana »

raider8169 wrote:
freeko wrote:Both.
Vote freeko

That is not anybit helpful to town. You just want Korts lynched for the sake of a lynch then. Everyone else on the bandwagon atleast concidered what I have said and then made up their mind, even if it was agianst the information I had. I would much rather you be todays lynch.
While I agree freeko is acting very anti-town, I must concede that Vi's "confirmation" of freeko is every bit as, if not even more, credible as yours of korts.

unvote
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:44 am

Post by TonyMontana »

btw, was an explanation given for there being a limited reveal in the deaths so far?
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:49 am

Post by TonyMontana »

EBWOP: Well, death. Don't believe we've seen the last of occam.
Upcoming
Mini
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Vi »

TonyMontana wrote:btw, was an explanation given for there being a limited reveal in the deaths so far?
Carthrat (from a different site) wrote:Flavor is flavor, ignore!
It's easiest to assume that Occam has snuffed it. It's what I feel is most likely given how Mafia games usually work (that and the Doctor was lynched D1).
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:15 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Vi wrote:It's easiest to assume that Occam has snuffed it. It's what I feel is most likely given how Mafia games usually work (that and the Doctor was lynched D1).
Well this obviously isn't a "usual" mafia game. Btw, why do you say he was a doctor, did I miss something, or do you assume?
Upcoming
Mini
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

Vi wrote:(that and the Doctor was lynched D1).
the
doctor??

Also, I think its pretty clear, for more than just flavor reasons, that MM was a non-alligned neutral party. Were he a strictly town doc, he should have fully claimed to prevent us from lynching him, since its better for a town PR to get nked rather than lynched. I had this conversation with him, and he ignored it out of self-preservation (so he wouldn't be nked). Assuming he was neutral, there is no difference to his wincon whether he's lynched or nked, and assuming he didn't really care what happened to the town, or what was in the town's best interest, that explains why he acted out of self preservation by not full claiming, rather than doing what was best for the town.

I agree with you about Occam though... most likely situation is he's dead, but until we get a role reveal, or until another player disappears in a similar manner, we can't rule out the possibility that he could return.

I also kinda agree with this:
Tony wrote:While I agree freeko is acting very anti-town, I must concede that Vi's "confirmation" of freeko is every bit as, if not even more, credible as yours of korts.
...except for 1 thing... Raider has said he more likely believes a "sheep" to be town. Vi can confirm that freeko is his neighbor, but has no reason to believe that he is more likely town than scum.

That being said, I think bad lynch choices for today are {Raider, Korts, Vi, Freeko, (me)}, leaving {BSG, Juls, Tony, afatchic, Megaflareon} as much better choices for consideration today. I'm expecially concerned about BSG's disappearance. Mf didn't give us much to work with today, but we can go back and look at RS for anything. I like Tony's contributions so far, but I'm still looking for more of a "This is who i think is scum..." and why type of post. I'm expecting some good participation coming from afatchic - we've never played before, but I've heard of the name, so that means he must have been here a while, and active. Juls is active and participating, so any concerns here should be able to be answered for.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:28 am

Post by raider8169 »

TonyMontana wrote:
While I agree freeko is acting very anti-town, I must concede that Vi's "confirmation" of freeko is every bit as, if not even more, credible as yours of korts.

unvote
I agree, only niether has been confirmed as town. I have a good idea that the sheep is town so I like to think my information is a little more confirmed however I am sure I am the only one that believes that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”