raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:
rhinox wrote: I did think that the quick growth of the wagon was odd... but it tells me some things... either most of the town is hungry for blood, there really is some basis for the wagon, or there are scum on the wagon
Ymm.. there is great basis for the wagon. I want korts head on a noose yesterday, that is no suprise to anyone. And if there was scum on the wagon he woulda been outta here already. Look very closely at the only person who was active and did not vote for him.
I assume you mean me? Only I have information that says he should be a townie. Do you have something more solid than that?

Mod-Edit Votecount 2-10

Korts - 1 (freeko)
Rhinox - 1 (Korts)
Freeko - 1 (BSG)
Juls - 1 (Vi)

Not Voting - 6 (Megaflareon, Lunar_Tick, TonyMontana, Raider, Rhinox, Juls)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Currently seeking a replacement for Lunar Tick and Megaflareon, in that order.

Deadline is in 12 Days, in case you happen to be wondering.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by freeko »

Only I have information that says he should be a townie.
Do tell. Its only polite to share right?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Rhinox »

freeko wrote:
Have you even been reading along, freeko?

Korts claimed sheep. Raider can confirm the presence of 1 single sheep, but not more. Raider believes the sheep role to be town.

Whether or not that is enough for you to take raider and korts at the word is up to you. Personally, I see no reason raider would say that if he were scum and korts was town. I see very little reason for scum-raider to say that to defend scum-korts. So, I believe its most likely that raider is town, and being honest. With that, it seems more likely that korts is town as well, but not confirmed.

I would also say that no more than 1 of you or Vi or scum, and possibly you're both town (although freeko, I wouldn't necessarily call your play today pro-town). Juls and BSG each may or may not be scum, and then there's the issue of the 3 inactives/replacements - assuming 4 total scum in the game, pretty sure that means at least 1 of those 3 has to be scum. All this is of course assuming myself to be town, which I know to be true. This is pretty much my outlook on the game right now, based on all events. Thus, Juls and BSG need closer looks than they've been given so far, and we need to start hearing from the inactives.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Juls »

Freeko, this is like the third or fourth time you have requested role information. Do you realize that doing so is anti-town? Do you realize that scum can read this board too and thus get to see the role information as well? Why are you so determined to get others roles and how do you think doing so benefits town? And how do you think this information will help you find scum? I would appreciate if you could answer all these questions.
-------------------------------------
Juls
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Rhinox wrote:
freeko wrote:
Have you even been reading along, freeko?

Korts claimed sheep. Raider can confirm the presence of 1 single sheep, but not more. Raider believes the sheep role to be town.
This is true.

Freeko he brings up a good point, have you been reading or are you just skimming?
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by freeko »

rhinox wrote: Have you even been reading along, freeko?

OF course I have. Here is what doesnt add up.
korts wrote: I am a sheep and I didn't have anything to imply that not every townie would be that
raider wrote: I think I need to toss in their that as long as no one counter claims sheep I am backing up his claim.
raider wrote: I know there is a sheep in this game other then Jebus who died in the opening sceene. If no one else claims sheep then Korts is confirmed sheep. Confirming he is a sheep though does not make him any less town or scum. However, I believe the sheep role to be town. I can not confirm it, unfortunatly.
raider wrote: Without quoting It said 2. One of which was killed off in the opening sceene, for those that dont remember it was revealed as a sheep. So yes, there should be one other sheep.
raider wrote: Not sure how I can enlighten you anymore then I already have. There is another sheep role. I am 100% positive on that. Korts claimed sheep with no counterclaim so I have no reason to not believe his claim. I also think the sheep role is town and thought that as of the start of day 2.
At least one of you is probably lying. Another one of you is lying and protecting your scumbuddy. Last one of you is scum, and I want to lynch you. I will leave it to you to figure it out all by yourseves. If you cannot then I will enlighten you.

Dont worry raider.. after korts, you are next.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Juls »

freeko wrote:At least one of you is probably lying. Another one of you is lying and protecting your scumbuddy. Last one of you is scum, and I want to lynch you. I will leave it to you to figure it out all by yourseves. If you cannot then I will enlighten you.
I don't even know what this means? So, please, enlighten me. And also, I would like you to address my questions in my previous post.
Juls
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by freeko »

Ok. I will answer them all.

1)blahblah
2)shocker
3)look up at my last post
4)look up some more at it.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Juls »

Freeko, could you please tell me your age?
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Vi »

raider 450 wrote:
raider 439 wrote:I sort of went into that before thinking that Freeko was a sheep or going to claim that.
It seemed to fit the picture I was expecting regarding someone having a sheep role.
I knew that Korts said something sheep like before but I took that originally as he was trying to draw out the sheep.
How?

-----
Rhinox 485 wrote:Now snap back over to this game.
We know, or at least don't have any reason to assume
that scum have safe fake names included in their role PM.
This makes me VERY uneasy. Which is it, and why?
Rhinox 485 wrote:So, BSG asks for a flavor name. Why? Same two options as before...

1) BSG wants to compare the flavor name in freeko's and Vi's claim to her own flavor name to see if freeko and Vi's claim is believable (I'm not saying BSG has the same flavor name, I'm saying that she's comparing more the flavor, than the name itself. Does Merchant make sense as a town role, taking into consideration whatever her town role name is?)

-or-

2) BSG is scum, say, a wolf. (Not saying I have any reason to believe all scum are wolves, but then again, I have no reason to believe they aren't). Later in the game, BSG might have to fake claim something to save herself. Without knowing anything about any of the town roles, how would she have any idea of a flavor name to use for her role? Thats why specifically asking for a flavor name is kinda scummy. For a while, scum could only assume sheep were town roles (due to the N0 flavor kill, and Occam mentioned something about sheep on cliffs). Thats why everyone should be suspicious of Korts claiming sheep, regardless of whether or not raider can confirm there are sheep in the game. Now scum also know there are non-sheep town roles, since freeko and Vi are merchant/companion. In other words, before freeko and Vi's flavor names were revealed, scum had no reason to believe there were any town flavor names other than sheep. Now, they have more flexibility in fake claiming later knowing they can come up with something other than sheep.

Now consider BSG's quote above. She flat out denies that she was asking due to option 1. So, its either option 2, or some other role specific option that I can't possibly know since I don't know BSGs role.
I'm pretty sure she flat-out denied Option 2.
BSG ### wrote:And based upon the information I have received in my PM, I can tell you that scum don't have a reason to flavor fish names...
Interestingly, this contradicts what you (Rhinox) said earlier about not being able to assume scum have safeclaims. I think Battlestar Galactica needs to give some input on this.
Rhinox 485 wrote:I want everyone to think very carefully and ask themselves this question: Did my vote on Korts really appear to be made with the intention of lynching korts? Vi, look at my votes in mafia 87
In Mafia 87, I recall you wanted to lynch all the people you voted for... which you should have, given that you replaced in D4 :P

-----
Rhinox 485 wrote:In post game discussion, players insisted that it was a valid tell, but based on my own experiences and games, I have nothing to suggest that lynching someone because they were the 3rd vote on (almost) every wagon in the game increases the chances of lynching scum.
I'm going on my extremely limited experience as Mafia here. This is what I have heard (as has everyone) and what I've observed of my own tendencies.

-----
Rhinox 485 wrote:I don't think now is the time to consider policy lynching inactives, unless we have reason to believe that every active player is town.
I agree with this, with the addition that I find it very unlikely that everyone present 'n' active is notScum.

(Noticeable caveat: Jebus is correct that Lunar_Tick neglected this game for a while while winning as scum elsewhere.)

-----
Rhinox 485 wrote:Hmm... Rhinox... what a pretty name... :P hehe
'Mind if I give your kid a much classier two-letter nickname? :P
Rhinox 485 wrote:Regarding all the non-game discussion we seem to be having: I actually kind of like it, so long as its not distracting us from the business part of the game. It makes the game seem to have another dimension to it, as I feel like I "know" a little bit who i'm playing with. I just hope it doesn't cause any hurt feelings if things get heated later on. I don't want anything to get personal, so to speak.
I'm fairly sure in my case if I were to get personal with you, I would have already ;)
Actually, even people you've never played with have told me you are cool, so I think you're in the clear.
Rhinox 485 wrote:However, you should also know I would replace into any of your games without even having to think about it.
I'll try to make my games notFail then.
Rhinox 168 wrote:Why is it that whenever I play in games with masons, the masons play the scummiest and are forced to reveal themselves D1...
Why is it that whenever I play in games with masons, I wind up being one of them and they're never confirmed... and yes, at least one gets outed D1...

-----
Rhinox 485 wrote:I might as well have been talking to my dog... would have gotten more of a response
Woof.

I can understand what you're saying about that freeko vote.

However, that other freeko vote D1 (Page 6) looks like what you tried to pull on Korts just now - big wall about something else, vote someone unrelated, explain shortly afterward. Was that your intention (re: the freeko vote)?

-----
Rhinox 485 wrote:Are you saying you've never voted for/wagoned someone with an intention to get reactions from other players, without intending to lynch the person being wagoned?
Well, I have, actually. As scum :D
Usually I want to get a reaction out of the person I'm voting for. But I digress; I see your rationale. The question is, are scum more likely to set these kinds of traps?

-----
Rhinox 485 wrote:1) How was I putting words into BSG's mouth?
2) What words was I putting into BSG's mouth?
3) What is scummy about it?
4) Also, explain in what context was a backpedaling. Yes, I voted korts, then backed away. Explain to me the context of whats so scummy about that.
1) 2) 3) Now that I see where you're coming from, I... actually have no idea what I was talking about. :oops:
4) It comes down to WIFOM. Were you really fishing for reactions, or were you interested in Korts' lynch? Did you expect to get called for your baseless vote, or not? What kind of pressure comes from a baseless

Unvote; Vote Korts

? Your explanation seems to be a cop out. But because of how unlikely it was that you could actually get away with that, I'm willing to let it go by as a null-tell for now.
Do you think Juls was fishing for reactions as well?

-----
Rhinox 419 wrote:I don't remember L_T saying he had mod-giving info about the choices, I think L_T incinuated that there might be mod-given info in some people's roles (I.E. RS) about picking paths, and he said so in a scummy role fishing kind or way.
L_T 66?

-----
Rhinox 485 wrote:This sounds an awful lot like asking for a mass claim, while saying you're not asking for a mass claim. You figure you claimed, so everyone else might as well?
Not quite. I'm sick of the airs of mystery around the sheep and the other sheep and the shepherd and the merchants and the role-given information about safeclaims(?) and the lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) and so forth. It's getting annoying quickly.
At the same time, that sounds like a personal problem I can get over. But I still like complaining, because, well, complaining. Having already claimed just adds a twinge of bitterness to it~

-----
Juls 486 wrote:I missed this in Vi's post. I have little nuggets of suspicions on several people and there are a couple of people that I haven't found anything to be suspicious at all. I would say my post 283 is still a fairly accurate indication of my suspicions more or less.
So... everyone is scummy, at best neutral, or absent? :?

-----
raider 487 wrote:This is part of why I am looking towards you as possible scum. I have said my case as to why I think Kort is town and all the people that have not acted apon it are the people I am looking towards as possible scum. I can understand why people are not taking what I am saying as fact because I am sure I do not seem like the most townie person to them and that Korts does not either. Also yes your vote did seem to made with the intention of lynching korts.
This doesn't seem to flow well.
Rhinox is scum because he voted Korts with the intention to lynch him... in spite of the fact that you defended Korts...
after the fact
. :?

-----

Welcome TonyMontana. I like this new avatar better than the last one, btw. And interesting gimmick with your game; reading through the first few pages I wish I was in it.

Now post. *kick*

-----
Rhinox 498 wrote:Either way, I suppose I should take a closer look at juls, since she is the only active player I haven't looked closely at - mainly for what I thought was a town tell in one of her first posts. However, this tell was contradicted in one of her recent posts
So what's the tell?
Rhinox 498 wrote:most of the town is hungry for blood
rawr

(Now to put that in context~)
Rhinox 498 wrote:I did think that the quick growth of the wagon was odd... but it tells me some things... either most of the town is hungry for blood, there really is some basis for the wagon, or there are scum on the wagon. I find it more odd that the player who unvoted and admitted that he didn't think there was much basis for the wagon going to claim/lynch territory (me) is the one everyone is finding scummy for doing so... Korts, do you think there is justification behind the wagon that formed on you?
After Korts answers this question, I would like for you to narrow down which of these options you think is most likely.

-----
Juls 503 wrote:Freeko, this is like the third or fourth time you have requested role information. Do you realize that doing so is anti-town? Do you realize that scum can read this board too and thus get to see the role information as well? Why are you so determined to get others roles and how do you think doing so benefits town? And how do you think this information will help you find scum? I would appreciate if you could answer all these questions.
Where are you going with this?

-----
freeko 507 wrote:Ok. I will answer them all.

1)blahblah
2)shocker
3)look up at my last post
4)look up some more at it.
Hey Shepherd Guy. Can I borrow that crook so I can beat someone over the head?
Seriously, I don't follow what you (freeko) are saying here.

Alternatively, what Juls 508 said.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Vi »

EBWOP:
Vi 509 wrote:I agree with this, with the addition that I find it very unlikely that everyone present
'n' active
is notScum.
It would be more correct to say that I seriously doubt TonyMontana, Lunar_Tick, and Megaflareon are all Mafia; and by extension everyone here is Town.
Three-plus lurking scum? Sure, it happened in Serum and Steel. Three-plus flaking scum? Possible but not nearly as likely.

Also, anything that looked like a vote in that previous post must have been a typo or something. Dunno how that happened.
Unvote; Vote Juls
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:At least one of you is probably lying. Another one of you is lying and protecting your scumbuddy. Last one of you is scum, and I want to lynch you. I will leave it to you to figure it out all by yourseves. If you cannot then I will enlighten you.

Dont worry raider.. after korts, you are next.
What makes you think one of us is lying? This sounds an awful lot like what I am thinking about VI and you. I think one of you two are lying only I have nothing to back that up. Do you have something to back what you are saying up? Im not willing to try and lynch both of you based on nothing in hopes that I am right and one of you are scum. Seems like you are willing too.
Vi 509 :P wrote:
raider 450 wrote:
raider 439 wrote: I sort of went into that before thinking that Freeko was a sheep or going to claim that.
It seemed to fit the picture I was expecting regarding someone having a sheep role. I knew that Korts said something sheep like before but I took that originally as he was trying to draw out the sheep.
How?
I knew there was a sheep role and another role that is attached to it somehow. The attached part is just something I was speculating and I was thinking that is you could confirm that freeko was the sheep and you were the attached role whatever that is. It was just the picture I had in my head and it seemed to fit. I was wrong but did not want to out another role or give scum a safeclaim or something like that. Does this answer your question?
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Vi wrote:Welcome TonyMontana. I like this new avatar better than the last one, btw. And interesting gimmick with your game; reading through the first few pages I wish I was in it.

Now post. *kick*
Wish I could say the same for your new avatar :P

Would be alot faster at reading up, if you didn't fill up every page to the rim. :wink:
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Juls »

Vi 509 wrote:
Juls 486 wrote:I missed this in Vi's post. I have little nuggets of suspicions on several people and there are a couple of people that I haven't found anything to be suspicious at all. I would say my post 283 is still a fairly accurate indication of my suspicions more or less.

So... everyone is scummy, at best neutral, or absent?
I fear this is an unfair characterization of what I said. In said post, I made it clear that it was my
scum read
on everyone (i.e. not my scum/town read). In a couple games I have been in (my newbie game and the one I was in with Rhinox) I have been told that it is not good to make a town/scum list because it tells mafia that if I am reading them as town to keep doing what they are doing. My goal with the post was to let everyone know what scummy things I saw in them. I had some town tells on people that I did not share in that list. So if I said "No Read" or something to that effect, it didn't necessarily mean "neutral" it meant I didn't see anything scummy on them yet.

Again, I have four people on that list that I felt were suspicious/scummy: Vi(PK), freeko, Korts, and raider.
Vi 509 wrote:
Juls 503 wrote:Freeko, this is like the third or fourth time you have requested role information. Do you realize that doing so is anti-town? Do you realize that scum can read this board too and thus get to see the role information as well? Why are you so determined to get others roles and how do you think doing so benefits town? And how do you think this information will help you find scum? I would appreciate if you could answer all these questions.
Where are you going with this?
I am trying to determine what his motivation is for asking such questions repeatedly. I am annoyed and baffled by his play. I can't see how this information is good for town. Maybe if he explained it I would understand. But instead, he ignores my questions and answers like a child. I would love to OMGUS vote him but I am trying to be patient! I believe I stated earlier that I have little patience (in my post regarding Rhinox's fiance) so I am trying to give him every opportunity to straighten up.
Juls
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

Vi wrote:This makes me VERY uneasy. Which is it, and why?
Maybe I worded that wrong?

"
We Know that scum don't have a fake claim
We have nothing to indicate that scum have a fake claim."

In other words, I was assuming that because there was nothing in the rules about safe claims, that scum didn't have any... then I realized that safe claims could be included in scum role PM's without the town being told about it, but I wouldn't know because I haven't seen a scum role PM. So until there is something to point to the contrary, we have nothing to indicate that scum would have fake claims - thus, role-name fishing is scummy, depending on the context. In related news, if Occam is really dead, in this regard it helps the town that his name/role wasn't revealed, because scum don't get any fake claim information from the nk.

However, this is interesting:
BSG wrote:And based upon the information I have received in my PM, I can tell you that scum don't have a reason to flavor fish names...
Is this because you're scum and you have a safe fake name? In my town PM there is nothing to indicate that scum wouldn't have a reason to fish for names...
Vi wrote:'Mind if I give your kid a much classier two-letter nickname? :P
Sure! Go for it ;)
Vi wrote:However, that other freeko vote D1 (Page 6) looks like what you tried to pull on Korts just now - big wall about something else, vote someone unrelated, explain shortly afterward. Was that your intention (re: the freeko vote)?
Actually, I found freeko scummy, mostly for the rolefishing I mentioned in my isolation #10. In #11, I explained my vote on the LT wagon and voted freeko for my reasons in #10. In post #12, I further justified why I was voting for freeko. Then look at my post #13 for freeko sort of falling apart and looking even scummier in trying to defend himself against my vote. After that, PK jumped in with the mason claim. So my intentions? I originally voted freeko because of the rolefishing which I found slightly scummy and voteworthy. Sometime between 12 and 13, freeko made me think he was obvscum, and in 13 I definately thought he was scum and wanted him lynched - maybe not instantly, but eventually. Then the mason claim, and you know how it went from there.

Also, sort of off the topic a little, but I still get the feeling that some players might be doubting my explanation for the LT wagon. Instead of trying to explain it again, I'm going to invite you to look at my posts 4 through 10, and see if my questioning of Occam is consistent with my explanation in 11 about the LT wagon.
Vi wrote:4) It comes down to WIFOM. Were you really fishing for reactions, or were you interested in Korts' lynch? Did you expect to get called for your baseless vote, or not? What kind of pressure comes from a baseless
What I am learning is as town, I tend to be more relaxed, arrogant, and cyptic when there are no votes on me, but when I get wagoned, I become a little more stressed, humbled, and straightforward. I see some similarities in how korts has been posting most of the game towards the former, so I thought more votes on korts would give us a post more like the latter. And I think it worked - I could absolutely tell a completely different tone in korts post after the wagon than before. I liked what i heard, so I unvoted.

(aside - I'm now coming to the realization that the former playstyle may be directly causing the wagon which leads to the latter playstyle, as evidenced by all 3 of my ongoing games)
Juls wrote:Do you think Juls was fishing for reactions as well?
I'm assuming this is still directed at me? I did not think Juls was fishing for reactions. in her #27, I found her reasons for voting korts to be slightly vague. It seemed she really wanted to be suspicious of the masons, but instead decided to wagon korts. I think you mentioned something like that in 426, so I didn't speak up about it. Whats odd with that is that she wasn't convinced of the masons (aka Vi), but then followed Vi's lead to vote korts. She also didn't mention my vote at all in that post, which was odd. In 28, she was able to list 2 of her own independant reasons for voting korts, as well as the Vi case. Odd now is that she notes my brevity in voting korts, but korts had to point it out first. This paragraph:
Juls wrote:Well since the wagon appears to have deteriorated, I wanted to try to put a little pressure on Korts for his statements and see how he would react. I knew your scumbuddy merchant would hop on the wagon and an L-2 would be sufficient pressure for Korts to at least explain some of his actions. I did think you had a good catch and I wanted to see what his explanation would be.
On paper seems exactly like my explanation (minus the part about knowing freeko would jump on the wagon) - but I found it odd because it was after I made my explanation and unvoted. I don't know if this is an honest reason, or a convenient excuse - juls couldn't be called on it without me being called on it as well. Likewise, I can't call Juls on it without looking like a hypocrite. But I felt I didn't need to because you had it covered in 426/445.

--------------------

I do remember LT 66 now that you point it out, but I interpretted it as more of a joke. That being said, looking back at LT's posts, I see they are a bit more horrendus than I originally interpretted them. So, I hope we get a replacement for LT before deadline...

--------------------
Vi wrote:Not quite. I'm sick of the airs of mystery around the sheep and the other sheep and the shepherd and the merchants and the role-given information about safeclaims(?) and the lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) and so forth. It's getting annoying quickly.
At the same time, that sounds like a personal problem I can get over. But I still like complaining, because, well, complaining. Having already claimed just adds a twinge of bitterness to it~
I can understand your frustration. I think you have mostly your merchant partner to claim for the fishing. I also don't like all the "I have role information that tells me
[something]
but I don't want to fully claim so you'll just have to trust me"... but once that cat's out of the bag, you kinda have to force some kind of elaboration. I have been curiously humoring the idea of a massclaim in my head... everything I've learned about mafia tells me they're no good until at least LyLo, and even then, they're limited in utility (each time I've had someone argue for a mass claim at LyLo, that person was scum (and Tarhalindur :roll:)). However, in this particular game, the town knows there are no vanilla rolls... might make it difficult for scum to fabricate a believeable fake claim. On the other hand, with everything and anything as a possibility, scum could claim whatever they want and the chances of a counter are reduced. Also, there may be town roles that sound completely crazy and way out in left field, but are actually town. So I still think it would be better to not mass claim, which includes dropping not so subtle role information around so liberally, but given the way the game is going, I can't help but humor the idea. It seems like we're going to get to mass claim eventually before this is all said and done.
Vi wrote:So what's the tell?
The way she talked about Occam immediately after day began, like she knew for a fact that occam wasn't really dead. I first thought that mafia would know for sure if Occam was really dead or not, but I decided that it would probably be better for the mafia to let the town think that Occam was the target so the town won't get any information from the nk being prevented. (hypothetically, if a doc protected someone, and Occam isn't dead, then the doc probably had a lucky protect and that basically confirms someone). On the other side, if Juls was town, she could have role info herself which could give her information about Occam's fate. I'm not going to speculate into which roles those could be, but its not exactly rocket science to guess...

Since then, Juls has said some things that makes me think that she doesn't know whether Occam is really alive or not, such as a comment similar to "If Occam is really dead...". Then I started thinking that it would be in the mafia's best interest to cloud over the Occam issue moreso than it already is, by making us think he might be alive still, if he really was the NK target. Also, Juls explanation about Occam is that he might be out doing whatever his role allows him to do to confirm the masons. If Juls really knew Occam was still alive doing this, she wouldn't be trying to lynch the masons - she would want Occam to return with his results. I didn't bring this up until now because I didn't want to point out that I thought Juls might be giving off power role tells, but as she's contradicted what originally gave me the feeling, I now have a couple questions:

1)Juls, do you know for sure either way if Occam is alive or dead?
2)Regardless of what you know for sure, if you thought Occam might be out confirming one of the masons today, why did you spend a lot of time trying to lynch one of them?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I'm going to say this right now, but freeko quoted something I find pretty interesting, and overlooked aparently...
Raider wrote:Without quoting It said 2. One of which was killed off in the opening sceene, for those that dont remember it was revealed as a sheep. So yes, there should be one other sheep.
This makes me doubt your claim a little. I doubt that the opening flavor kill has anything to do with your role - if it does, than this is a new level of bastard moddery I haven't seen before... I think more likely that if you know for sure there are 2 sheep, and korts is one, than one of the inactives is probably the other. Do you think that is a more likely scenario than "the second sheep referenced in your role was probably the mod"?

Tony wrote:Would be alot faster at reading up, if you didn't fill up every page to the rim. ;)
:twisted:

Me + Vi = Wall-building Machine! We can put china to shame :D
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Korts »

FUCK

as if reading up wasn't hard enough...

I'm doing my best, Jailbreak comes first and then I'm coming here to post, but sheesh guys.
scumchat never die
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:08 am

Post by raider8169 »

Rhinox wrote:
Raider wrote:Without quoting It said 2. One of which was killed off in the opening sceene, for those that dont remember it was revealed as a sheep. So yes, there should be one other sheep.
This makes me doubt your claim a little. I doubt that the opening flavor kill has anything to do with your role - if it does, than this is a new level of bastard moddery I haven't seen before... I think more likely that if you know for sure there are 2 sheep, and korts is one, than one of the inactives is probably the other. Do you think that is a more likely scenario than "the second sheep referenced in your role was probably the mod"?

Tony wrote:Would be alot faster at reading up, if you didn't fill up every page to the rim. ;)
:twisted:

Me + Vi = Wall-building Machine! We can put china to shame :D
Freaken wall of quotes!!! I dont think I have ever been in a game where they have been so many of them!!!

Anyways, I know that their are 2 sheep. I know that one of the two sheeps is dead and was named Jebus. You can blame the mod for that one but I dont think it is going to do you any good.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Korts »

Ugh. Despite freeko's logic being vaguely non-existent, if I'm looking at it objectively I'm not really sure he'd be so boneheaded as scum. I'd rather ignore him while we lynch Rhinox.
Rhinox wrote:We know, or at least don't have any reason to assume that scum have safe fake names included in their role PM.
Hey look inside information
Rhinox wrote:(Not saying I have any reason to believe all scum are wolves, but then again, I have no reason to believe they aren't)
"umm the last part wasn't inside information at all gods no why would you think that <insertawkwardlaughhere>"
Rhinox wrote:Korts, do you think there is justification behind the wagon that formed on you?
Vi made an acceptable (if not particularly lynchworthy) case. You hopped on immediately, followed by Juls and freeko. Vi had justification; you had none, Juls had little to none, and freeko
is a fucking idiot
has locked on to me and doesn't listen to reason.
raider wrote:This sounds an awful lot like what I am thinking about VI and you
Don't you learn? You better duck.

I didn't read Rhinox 514... Anything worth noting in particular?
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Rhinox »

I didn't read Rhinox 514... Anything worth noting in particular?
If you're going to lock in on lynching me, I'd at least hope you'd read everything I had to say before turning in for the night... how do I know you haven't ignored some of my other similar posts as well? You've made it abundantly clear that you dilike reading large posts... To me, that would signify not caring about the strength of the case and just wanting blood... and that's disheartening and distracting if I'm meant to lean towards you being more likely town due to the sheep situation between you and raider.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Korts »

Don't take this the wrong way, I will read it, but I'm just tired now and I've spent the last two or three hours catching up in games. I will read it later and see if there's anything to comment on.
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

Korts wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, I will read it, but I'm just tired now and I've spent the last two or three hours catching up in games. I will read it later and see if there's anything to comment on.
I know... I'm sure you will... but you've already responded to one of my preveious posts with an "meh, nothing interesting"... just seems to me that you've already resigned to your belief that I'm scum and don't really care what I have to say anymore.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Juls »

Rhinox 514 wrote:1)Juls, do you know for sure either way if Occam is alive or dead?
2)Regardless of what you know for sure, if you thought Occam might be out confirming one of the masons today, why did you spend a lot of time trying to lynch one of them?
1) I don't know anything for sure. It is purely speculation. I am actually kinda excited because I want to see if I am right. Trust me, if I am, it would be the first time I was right about anything playing this game (mafia in general). If you watch the show Lost you might get what I am saying. I have had about 5,000 theories over the course of that show. So far, I am 0 for 5000. I don't have the greatest track record on these things.

2) I am not going to rely on my theory to change how I play the game. If we went through the day and gave Vi/freeko a pass and then Occam didn't come back then where would be? I know I have said otherwise while targetting freeko that they are a scum pair but my honest feelings is that one of them are scum and one of them are town. Freeko makes me want to go nuts OMGUSing him, but I am really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have withdrawn my vote for now on both of them. If you took the mason claim completely out of the picture, as if it never happened, I would be voting freeko.

This is a quick post at school and I just skimmed your post...if I missed anything else directed at me I will reread tonight at home.
Juls
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:33 am

Post by raider8169 »

Korts wrote:
raider wrote:This sounds an awful lot like what I am thinking about VI and you
Don't you learn? You better duck.
Is it because I use a capitial "I" or something. I have been daykilled a few times now and I if that is not the reason I am confused.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Vi »

raider8169 wrote:Is it because I use a capitial "I" or something. I have been daykilled a few times now and I if that is not the reason I am confused.
Yep.

For the record, VI stands for Village Idiot.

Now die.
Daykill: raider8169

Actual post to come once I deal with the games that I've been neglecting.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:36 am

Post by raider8169 »

Vi wrote:
raider8169 wrote:Is it because I use a capitial "I" or something. I have been daykilled a few times now and I if that is not the reason I am confused.
Yep.

For the record, VI stands for Village Idiot.

Now die.
Daykill: raider8169

Actual post to come once I deal with the games that I've been neglecting.
Ahh, I understand. That doesnt explain why you dont like it capitialized.

Also, according to the link you are scum...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”