Mini 732: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Mafia (Game Over!)

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:34 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Porochaz wrote:Yes, you called me antitown, Im saying if your a little less stuck up, then its not a problem. I dont care, the fact is I do come onto the site whilst drunk, its something I do, Im not saying Im proud about it. Im telling you to deal with it.
Like I've said, I don't care about drinking, and I post drunk all the time.
You seemed to jump to conclusions, and somehow figured I was saying something against posting drunk.
Porochaz wrote:Ok I forgot I made a drunk post here, but its a good un anyway. I dont see a problem of an early hammah in this case, I think the slip alone is enough, he reminds us in bold hes at L-1, why? It was already stated. My vote essentially counts for double.
It was
*not*
stated, in fact Plum stated I was on L-2 a few posts before, which was why i emphasized that the next vote is a hammer.
I'm sure you don't see a problem with an early hammer. ¬¬
I'd hammer myself, if I wasn't trying to cut down on my anti-town habits.

Speaking of that drunken post, it's alittle hard to read, could you clean it up? :p
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I dont find page 9 an early hammer, I thinks its within the lower section of the good range.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:05 am

Post by TonyMontana »

It's early in the sense that 2 pages ago I had 1 vote, and gained 4 votes in three posts, over essentially nothing.
Upcoming
Mini
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Porochaz »

TonyMontana wrote:
Porochaz wrote:What he said. I post drunk frequently, I can still play the game, you just have to read throught the spelling mistakes.
I can read through spelling mistakes. Grammar mistakes must be clarified.
And saying pre-emptivly you won't repeat yourself when drunk is anti-town.

Btw, town, if i make any scumslips while drunk
, I'm just gonna ignore you all.
That is not nothing.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Yes it is.
Upcoming
Mini
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Megatheory »

I just completed a reread. I'm pretty sure Tony Montana is the lynch today, but I want to look at other things so I have some idea of who to kill tonight and to give us a leg up for tomorrow.

When Danchaofan was deciding on who to use his power on last night, he chose randomly out of a list of people without a night action. He listed Plum, Porochaz, and Tony Montana as his candidates. He left out Gorrad, who also had no night action last night. This was probably a simple mistake, but its worth noting.

Something interesting: hasdgfas voted me for not killing night 0. I explained my reasoning (high likelyhood of killing a townie with no info), which he seems to disagree wtih. Yet, he bodyguarded Porochaz, a player of unknown alignment. As Plum pointed out:
Plum wrote:Nothing. Howerver, on a slightly different note, unless I recall incorrectly, you have the choice to
not
take the bullet for someone N0. Hypothesize that you're town. You know Porochaz is a pretty good player and someone you'd want to have around, assuming he's a Townie. From your perspective, he has a %73 or so chance of being Town, however, while you know you're %100 likely to be Town. You only have an effect if Porochaz is targeted to be killed. You are, in that situation, sacrificing a %100 certain Townie for someone with a lower chance at actually being Town N0 (albeit a player who's a useful Townie), when you have no info beyond the above. Maybe a bad choice.
What makes no-killing suspicious while essentially random bodyguarding okay? hasdfas protected Porochaz because of his experience, but is there any deeper reasoning than that?

FoS FuzzyLightning
Fuzzy has posted nothing of substance outside of his action last night and roletheory. Granted, we've only had one serious wagon so far, but staying under the radar is a common scum strategy and that's definitely what I see him doing.

I get the same impression from Master Ruck, but to a much lesser extend. I don't have a good read on him ATM, so we'll see.

FoS Malyss
She posts lots and lots of theory (and sometimes the same theories multiple times), but there is a distinct lack of action in her play. Her latest post says she is still considering Tony, saying the argument over satire is "muddying the waters." Sorry, I don't buy it. By the time she posted that, I would expect everyone to have a clear opinion on Tony's slip.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Hey everyone, I apologize for not posting much, my computer has been down, so I only have limited access. I am not trying to stay under the radar, it is just a product of my circumstances. I will be posting as much as I can though.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I would like to state that I hope any town who is voting me for the "slip" chokes on my balls one day.
I also would like the chance to state my final thoughts before I get lynched.
Upcoming
Mini
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Porochaz »

TonyMontana wrote:I would like to state that I hope any town who is voting me for the "slip" chokes on my balls one day.
I hope that when that day comes, you enjoy it.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Megatheory »

fuzzylightning wrote:Hey everyone, I apologize for not posting much, my computer has been down, so I only have limited access. I am not trying to stay under the radar, it is just a product of my circumstances. I will be posting as much as I can though.
You might be having computer problems now, but that does not excuse your history in this game. You have posted no real content. I suggest you find a way to do so.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

I am in the process of my re-read, and I have actually had very little computer access for a while now, but that really isn't worth arguing about.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:07 am

Post by Master Ruck »

I don't really know what to make of the Tony lynch to be honest. The argument against him seems to be a semantics battle at best, yet Pikmin mafia did show that scum do slip and should have been lynched for it then. One game does not account for all, though, so I'm gonna ignore the other game and see what I can get.

Tony is acting quite aggressively in his efforts to defend himself, and he may be overdoing it which is a scum tell, but the wagon on him did practically appear over night and I reckon anyone would be annoyed at that. Though, there is one thing he's said that concerns me.
TonyMontana wrote:I would like to state that I hope any town who is voting me for the "slip" chokes on my balls one day.
Um, ok Tony. Go ahead. We're not stopping you from posting your thoughts. Why did you feel a need to ask? If you are town and you have anything to say, then just come out and say it. Why hold back?
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:29 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Master Ruck wrote:Tony is acting quite aggressively in his efforts to defend himself, and he may be overdoing it which is a scum tell, but the wagon on him did practically appear over night and I reckon anyone would be annoyed at that.
More annoyed about it happening because the "slip"
Master Ruck wrote:
Um, ok Tony. Go ahead. We're not stopping you from posting your thoughts. Why did you feel a need to ask? If you are town and you have anything to say, then just come out and say it. Why hold back?
Uhh... I wasn't ready then, I'm not ready now. ¬¬ I wasn't asking, I'm at L-1 and just expressed a wish.
Upcoming
Mini
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:51 am

Post by Master Ruck »

You are pretty much asking for the opportunity to give your final thoughts, so yeah, you did kind of ask. Also, as you said yourself, you are at L-1 with others expressing an interest in your lynch not to mention that
Deadline is in 3 days!
Tony, you are the clear majority with only 3 days of survival left. If you don't want to express your views now, then you better do it soon or else you won't be saying them at all.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

TonyMontana 5 (Megatheory, hasdgfas, Porochaz x2, Gorrad)
hasdgfas 1 (TonyMontana)

Not Voting: 6 (Danchaofan, Plum, fuzzylightning, Master Ruck, Malyss, Rishi)

With 11 alive, it takes six to lynch.
Last edited by Glork on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:33 am

Post by hasdgfas »

TonyMontana wrote:
Master Ruck wrote:
Uhh... I wasn't ready then, I'm not ready now. ¬¬ I wasn't asking, I'm at L-1 and just expressed a wish.
You need to be ready, because deadline is very close and you can't put it off forever.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:15 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Danchaofan - Dr. Horrible (Jailkeeper)
ObvTown

Megatheory - Captain Hammer (Vigilante)
Possible Scum

Rishi - Penny (Weak Doctor)
ObvTown

Plum - Mayor (One-Shot Governor)
Possible Town

fuzzylightning - Johnny Snow (Watcher) -
Neutral

Gorrad - Moist (Universal Backup) -
Neutral

Master Ruck - Homeless Guy (Two-Shot Commuter) -
Neutral

Malyss - Bad Horse (Pseudo-Ascetic) -
Possible Scum

Porochaz - Bad Horse Ensemble (Doublevoter) -
Douchebag Atmosphere clouds ScumDar, read impossible.

TonyMontana - News Reporter (Vanilla)
ObvTown

hasdgfas - Fan Club Boy (Bodyguard)
ObvScum

All things said, town could do worse than lose a mere townie like me. But at the end of the game, this list will show what an awesome ScumDar you've lost.

Someone with balls, hammer away.

Town:
Fire up your brain, remind you inside you’re rioting

Scum:
Give my regards to St Peter... or whoever does his job... but in hell.
Upcoming
Mini
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Malyss »

A lot of what I have been able to develop thoughts on has had to do with the dynamics of the power roles in the game and their interactions.

I am not sure what the supposedly unnecessary (for a small town game, perhaps) random vote stage netted us. Megatheory voted Porochaz because he wanted two, not one OMGUS vote. Plum put in a vote for Tony Montana for being vanilla scum in a previous game. Porochaz pulls some evidence out of his bum for his case against Gorrad, which sends things flying with Gorrad voting himself due to Porochaz’s convincing argument. Megatheory stepped in and put a vote on Gorrad due to his dislike of self-voting. After Porochaz points out that with such a water tight case, the only thing that Gorrad could do was vote himself and Gorrad confirms that Porochaz speaks the truth, Megatheory unvotes and then revotes Gorrad. Hasdgfas joined in and put a vote on Megatheory “for completely ignoring the airtight case and voting Gorrad for self-voting.” I chimed in with my random vote on Rishi due to my dislike of Penny. Danchaofan put a random vote on Plum. Rishi voted hasdgfas while replying to a previous post from Plum and suggests claiming night choices after each night and using the popcorn method to determine order. Rishi also points out the pointlessness of having a RVS in a small town game. Megatheory explained the joke nature of his vote on Gorrad.

Overall, I like jokes better when I'm in on them and can appreciate them. So, for the most part the round about with Porochaz, Gorrad, Megatheory and Hasdgfas merely gave me a headache as I tried to decipher if there was anything useful that I could get out of it.

And then there was the discussion of Megatheory not making a N0 kill as the vigilante. I buy his explanation about why he didn’t use the ability on N0 because with no information (assuming he is town), he would have too great a chance of potentially hitting a townie.

I agree that Tony’s comment of, “Btw, town, if i make any scumslips while drunk, I'm just gonna ignore you all” seems telling. I’m not keen on the insults to the intelligence of others and maybe I’m falling into this category of people that he finds to be unintelligent, but I did not read his one comment as being a “blatantly obvious satire of porochaz.” Humor points go to Gorrad for working a Princess Bride quote into post 165.
TonyMontana wrote:
Master Ruck wrote:Tony is acting quite aggressively in his efforts to defend himself, and he may be overdoing it which is a scum tell, but the wagon on him did practically appear over night and I reckon anyone would be annoyed at that.
More annoyed about it happening because the "slip"
Well, the slip has been a big portion of the reason for the wagon but based on some of the power role dynamics, there is the potential of you being the scum who had the responsibility of putting in the scum’s night kill choice for N0. I also consider the nasty over-defensiveness as being scummy.

You’ve gotten in your chance to express your views and I feel comfortable getting in my horrible death whinny:

Vote: Tony Montana
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:37 am

Post by TonyMontana »

It was only fitting that you should drop the hammer, Malyss.

Look at these people – amazing how sheep’ll
Show up for the slaughter
No one condemning you – lined up like lemmings
You led to the water
Why can’t they see what I see? Why can’t they hear the lies?
Maybe the fee’s too pricey for them to realize
Your disguise is slipping
I think you’re slipping

Good riddance.
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Megatheory wrote:Using the word "scumslip" in the manner you did suggests that you are scum because it is
literally impossible for a townie to make that kind of mistake.
Agreed. :roll:
Upcoming
Mini
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Plum »

News: I missed the hammer etc. Granted it was on my best scum suspect a very few days before deadline, and I haven't had too many fresh new thoughts on all this, unfortunately.

Is there anything that needs doing before Night? It's occurred to me that if Hascow bodyguards Rishi we can be assured of getting another piece of info out of her even if she dies tonight, if she checks in and tells us her target before Night. Alternatively, DCF is practically confirmed town and hence also worth trying to keep around (DCF, is it possible for you to Jailkeep yourself? If so, that might be an option to consider for your night-target, if you haven't already).
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:48 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

"Once per night, you may target another player." Nope plum

I would prefer gorrad pick up tracker more to add but we're in twilight so I'll post in the morning...
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:11 am

Post by Rishi »

Still here. Don't like posting in twilight so will provide content in the morning.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:12 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

TonyMontana 6 (Megatheory, hasdgfas, Porochaz x2, Gorrad, Malyss)
hasdgfas 1 (TonyMontana)

Not Voting: 6 (Danchaofan, Plum, fuzzylightning, Master Ruck, Malyss, Rishi)

With 11 alive, it takes six to lynch.

Stop! Captain Hammertime!

As the day progressed, it seems that all sides -- both "good" and "evil" -- decided that the News Reporter was the one to go. Collectively, they hoisted TonyMontana up and beat him senseless. One terrible death whinny later, and TonyMontana was gone.

TonyMontana - News Reporter (Vanilla) - Lynched Day One

It is now Night Two. Choices are due by 6:10am on Saturday, February 14.
NOTE: Everybody must send me a PM tonight, regardless of whether they have a night choice to make. Think of this as my way of autoprodding everyone. Failure to do so will result in a prod at the end of the night period, and replacement if you do not respond or post within 24 hours.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Glork »

This appeared as a moral dilemma 'cause at first
It was weird, though I swore to eliminate the worst