populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:07 am

Post by populartajo »

Brandi wrote:I don't really think Emp's vote on Santos is completely unjustified, and I agree with him. Though there are a lot of people who seem to be "just messing around" Like Tajo, for instance.
Populartajo wrote:Argggg, I need to post here. I will. Tonight. For sure.
There is something about posting to say you are going to post at a certain date, and never actually making good on said claim, that bothers me. Also his little reply to Santos here seemed too stupid to be serious. It kind of strikes me as a distancing technique.
populartajo wrote:
Santos wrote:never mind. totally failed sexual innuendo.
Hey dude you need to start respecting people.
You think you are like very clever hiding behind your screen, huh, huh?
I think not...
I just have a bad feeling about him. So
Vote: Populartajo
I understand your feelings Brandi but that doesnt make me scum. Do you?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:08 am

Post by populartajo »

EBWOP
*Do you really thin I am?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:12 am

Post by populartajo »

Empking wrote:
Vote: Santos
- He seems to be messing around rather than hunting scum.
Pleas lynch this guy.
Call me Tajo.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ort's vote on Slicey seemed acceptable to me. The fact that Emp was so quick to change it could mean Ort voted his (Emp's) scumbuddy.
BSG wrote: @KMD
Why that avatar???
Super Bowl bet. Dahill picked it and it has to stay up for a month.

Tajo is playing his typical Day 1 IMO. Throw out opinions, but not a lot of reason. Doesn't mean town. Doesn't mean scum.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Brandi »

BSG wrote: Santos actually supported it with a vote. It's not about suggesting the plan, it's how both of Santos and URoE responded to it. Both supported it, but only Santos voted for a no-lynch.
You pretty much just reworded the EXACT same thing that I stated. =P
BSG wrote:Also, you might want to know that SG and Tajo are a couple in real life, Brandi.
So? This doesn't change anything I said, or have ANYTHING to do with anything that I said.

On that note, Just because they are couple doesn't mean they should be left off the hook, either of them. And I SINCERELY hope that if they suspect one another as scum they won't just ignore it because they are a couple.
BSG wrote:May I also ask you (Brandi) why you are voting Tajo, while he has no votes (Mod, a Votecount would be appreciated) instead of Santos who has a vote? Wouldn't two votes be better than one vote on different pairs?
I have never played with Tajo, but I feel that at *THIS* point, he is more likely to be scum than Santos. And Tajo egging on Santo's lynch here:
populartajo wrote:
Empking wrote:
Vote: Santos
- He seems to be messing around rather than hunting scum.
Pleas lynch this guy.
Seems incredibly baseless. If not only for the fact that Santos was playing around trying to make a dirty joke in relation to what SG had previously said, though not even actually hitting on her. It seems to me like he wants him lynched out of spite. Which is pretty ridiculous. I mean REALLY. Not only does he ask us to lynch him, but he doesn't even support that with a vote? How does that make any sense, if that's what he really wants?
PT wrote:EBWOP
*Do you really thin I am?
Tajo, there's no way I can be completely sure. But this is how I feel for now. The game is still young, there's plenty of time for someone else to change my mind, or you to increase my suspicions. ;P
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

UR wrote:@RR

I'm fine with being associated with the thought of a no-lynch, but there is no point putting my vote there (Although, I guess it would be better than just setting it on a random person or not voting at all) if it wasn't going to happen.
Do you usually only vote for people when you're sure their lynch is going to happen?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok...so...honestly, I have trouble with the first stages of large games, I just thought this one was interesting. I'll try to be better about the general lurkerfest I have for the first couple days til we get to about 12-14 players, but it's a hard habit to break.

Further, for the past 11 pages, I'm sure we could pack intriguing posts into one page. Possibly two if you were VERY liberal about the meaning of intriguing. As others have pointed out though, one of the most interesting is the diversion from Slicey by Empking to Santos with less support for that vote than ort had for his. I also agree this is scummy. I'm still wary of voting Empking now however, because ort hasn't seemed overtly scummy, just a bit silly with the self vote thing. I don't think the URoE case is really that strong since I more and more understand why someone would tentatively support No lynch and want to be careful about it.

So, if it were regular mafia, I'd be voting Empking right now, but for now I'll sit.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

ortolan/empking (3): MavLock/popu, ani/Slicey, julien/lawrence
Santos/BSG (1): ortolan/empking
Budja/UROE (1): Shadowgirl/RR
MavLock/popu (1): raider/Brandi

Not Voting (4): Narsis/forbiddanlight, , Budja/UROE, Santos/BSG, Kmd/Braeden
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:23 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Raging Rabbit wrote:

I'm fine with being associated with the thought of a no-lynch, but there is no point putting my vote there (Although, I guess it would be better than just setting it on a random person or not voting at all) if it wasn't going to happen.
Do you usually only vote for people when you're sure their lynch is going to happen?
No, a lynch and a no-lynch are very different in my eyes.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:28 am

Post by BSG »

@Brandi
Like I already said in the part of URoE, if you think it's the right thing to do for us, then you should support it. URoE suggested something which to him is good for town to do. Yet he will only support it when other players support it. Santos on the other hand supports it, even though nobody is making any sign of doing the same.
Why I find this bothersome of URoE is already explained by me in my previous post.

Well, I pointed it because of this:
Tajo wrote:
I think not...
You gave some comments about this. However, Tajo responded to this as Santos was making some kind of remak regarding SG. I thought that it had to do something with SG and Tajo being a couple, instead of Tajo distancing from Santos. That's why I pointed it out.

And they have played definitly one game before together. I didn't get the impression that they were going easy on each other in that game.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Brandi »

BSG wrote:@Brandi
Like I already said in the part of URoE, if you think it's the right thing to do for us, then you should support it. URoE suggested something which to him is good for town to do. Yet he will only support it when other players support it. Santos on the other hand supports it, even though nobody is making any sign of doing the same.
Why I find this bothersome of URoE is already explained by me in my previous post.
Ok, I gotcha on that. ^^
BSG wrote: Well, I pointed it because of this:
Tajo wrote:
I think not...
You gave some comments about this. However, Tajo responded to this as Santos was making some kind of remak regarding SG. I thought that it had to do something with SG and Tajo being a couple, instead of Tajo distancing from Santos. That's why I pointed it out.

And they have played definitely one game before together. I didn't get the impression that they were going easy on each other in that game.
In my opinion it still seemed too ridiculous and defensive for him to have actually been serious. I thought he was joking with his remark at first. Also they may have been in a game together before, but the only time they talk to each other in this game is not to discuss anything, but be lovey-dovey.
If I tried to do nothing but <3<3<3 my boyfriend in a mafia game he'd probably lynch me.

The lovefest between the two of them makes it difficult to properly judge their actions in regards to each other.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Brandi »

MOD: Can we have a prod on ANI? He's been posting/making threads in GD but not in this game.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Brandi »

er .. a bit of a grammatical error there I guess. Oh well, you get what I mean <_<
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:51 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Prods were already sent. animorpherv1 has requested replacement. Ironturkey will replace him.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:

No, a lynch and a no-lynch are very different in my eyes.
How so? Is a no lynch vote somehow more dangerous than a regular one?
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by IronTurkey »

I'm AnimorperV1's replacement and Slicey's other head. I'm reading the thread right now so I should be up to speed soon.
[Support Music]
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by IronTurkey »

Kay, I just finished my first read.

First off:
Unvote: Ort/Emp
because the vote is residual from Ani's OMGUS.

Now:

@ No Lynch: I think the general consensus is that No Lynch is (still) a bad idea. I agree wholeheartedly.

@URoE: I see the case against him however I feel that while his actions were slightly scummy they weren't necessarily unjustified. I also feel that bringing up the idea of a No Lynch was good even if the idea itself was bad. It certainly gave us (or you rather) a starting point for serious discussion.

@ort: The whole self vote discussion was really quite unnecessary, sure it's good to be wary but that argument bordered on inanity.

Well that should cover the major discussion that's already occurred.

Also: I agree with Ort's assessment of Slicey. I really shouldn't since he and I are linked however I'm playing to win and winning is not staying alive. Winning is taking out scum. That being said not only do I find this accurate:
Ok, the way he's expressed it isn't particularly scummy but it's still a bad argument- depending on how many scumteams there are, the scum certainly won't hit a pair featuring someone from their own faction tonight. So there's no chance of scum miskilling their own faction (crosskills may occur, depending on the setup). Thus I still think we revert to the obvious argument that no-lynch is bad because it deprives us of the only town-directed kill.

Vote: Slicey because I've seen nothing pro-town from him all game.
but I believe that Slicey's choice of words here (in post 145):
I'm kind of torn between No Lynch idea. D1 NL's are almost always bad because then we have very little to go on D2. However, if we lynch, we have to possibility of losing 4 townies (two on the lynch and two at night.)

I'm more in favor of a lynch, but I'm not throwing the NL idea out the window.
is slightly (but not wholly) damning. Notice that he says that we will lose two players at night due to a scum hit. But I understand that it may be possible that the game could shift towards another mode (or to the format of a different game if you will) during night. After all the voice that came through in the beginning did not necessarily say that it would take until the next day to shift to the next mode. This may be weak but it is Day One and should Emp's recent actions truly be scum saving a partner then it's at least worth considering.

Actually speaking of Emp's actions I'd like him to explain what drove him to change Ort's vote to a (IMO) less scummy player.

Oh and before anyone asks: I'm not going to vote Slicey because: A) he can change the vote at any time anyway and B) though playing to win means finding scum, I'd very much like to be in this game longer than one day.
[Support Music]
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

populartajo wrote:
BSG wrote:Also, you might want to know that SG and Tajo are a couple in real life, Brandi.
@SG, I love when this happens, dont you my love?
Very much so, darling.

Anyway, we're not actually a couple in real life. o_O

@URoE's meta: I'll take a glance at the game, but considering he was in as a replacement and not from the beginning, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

@Tajo: Do you think Emp's play here is similar that of his from .gif?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

ShadowGirl wrote:but considering he was in as a replacement and not from the beginning,
I'll take it with a grain of salt.
Why?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Post by Santos »

I'm just not so sure where to vote. I am in no rush, either. Empking seems suspect, but he doesn't ever say much to begin with. Its like shooting fish in a barrel, maybe he'll pin scum or maybe he is scum looking to pounce on a townie. Either way, it makes me hungry :p
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Empking »

Kmd4390 wrote:Ort's vote on Slicey seemed acceptable to me. The fact that Emp was so quick to change it could mean Ort voted his (Emp's) scumbuddy.
Why am I scummy for moving his vote but not him for moving my vote?
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by Santos »

Just for shits and giggles, why not BSG and I vote for each other (minus Emp's vote of course)? I'm curious if anything will happen.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Post by Budja »

The second vote would just cancel out the first leaving one self-vote. Nothing special and completely pointless.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:00 am

Post by Santos »

Has this been tried?

BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:21 am

Post by BSG »

BSG wrote:@Santos
Perhaps we should discuss who we suspect, so tell your suspicions for once.
Don't ignore your other head!

Also, our vote counts for one. So if you vote us, and afterwards I'll vote us as well, we'll still have only one vote from us. Empking actually has a point against you.

@Brandi
I see your point against SG and Tajo. And yes, now that I've looked back, you're right. They have only been lovey dovey to each other... Hopefully, this will change later on.

@IronTurkey
Why is Santos less scummy than Slicey according to you?
IronTurkey wrote:Oh and before anyone asks: I'm not going to vote Slicey because: A) he can change the vote at any time anyway and B) though playing to win means finding scum, I'd very much like to be in this game longer than one day.
It seems that you don't want Slicey to be lynched only to be longer in the game, so who would you like to lynch instead?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”