Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Juls »

Vi 445 wrote:This is the most hilariously bad thing I've read all game. (Prom King's posts were bad, but not hilarious.)
I am glad I could humor you. :p My point is that I felt relatively confident that PK was scum. You have said a few things that are still inconsistent but truckloads better than what PK was giving us, thus the confusion. Plus, you have thrown out somethings that I had missed/not thought about (e.g. Korts sheep
slip
comment). All valid points, I am just now confused as to what I should weight more heavily...PK or you.
Vi 445 wrote:Meanwhile, I think you're obvscum - partly for trying to push that on me after coming off a wagon I started, partly for Kiro's votes, and partly for what armlx noticed about me in Mafia 87 - you just happen to get the third vote on the wagon these days.
Point 1: Still not convinced of you and freeko so I have every reason to continue to pursue it.
Point 2: Kiro wasn't even here really. It looked to me like a half-ass vote followed by abandonment of the game. Pretty weak, imo.
Point 3: Not sure what he or you did....I skimmed at best. I read the last day or so because it got real interesting but for the most part I checked in to see if you were still in game. But I assume you mean something about being 3rd or 2nd on the wagon? I have suspected freeko, you/PK, and to a lesser extent Korts since I joined in. It's nice that you found some "evidence" to support this argument but its selective. It assumes I had not already voiced these suspicions before. Especially the one where I was second with BSG. BSG made a one-liner comment about PK when he voted...it was hardly a wagon-hop.
Rhinox 456 directed at Vi wrote:Well, you've called everyone who's active scummy, pretty much. (Juls, Me, Korts, Raider, and to lessar extents BSG and Freeko). Not quite sure what that means, other than being called scummy by Vi aparantly doesn't take much, nor mean much, ITT.
This.
raider 450 wrote:I think I need to toss in
their
there that as long as no one counter claims sheep I am backing up his claim.
raider 455 wrote:If no one else claims sheep then Korts is confirmed sheep.
I don't understand your response? How could there being no more sheep therefore make Korts sheep. Unless your role says there is only 1 sheep in the game this doesn't make sense. If it reveals too much about your role don't answer, but it seems weird...maybe I am just not understanding what you mean?
Korts 451 wrote:However, also notable is Juls' esplanation in post 444 (dibs on post 666 btw!); she admits to having baited freeko into wagoning, which I'm not sure is a good tactic with a claimed and confirmed neighbour.
You are twisting my words. I said that I knew freeko would follow Vi because ever since Vi joined the game he has followed pretty close to everything Vi has said. It reminds me of a school kid that is being bullied and his mommy comes in to save him and he is standing there boldy in her shadow saying "yeah..see! I told you!" So yeah, I knew he would do whatever Vi did.
freeko 453 wrote:At the least explain to us exactly what a sheep is. And why the hell you chose to be the watch at night KNOWING you are a sheep.
First this. If he is sheep, why would this knowledge make him know that watching was a bad idea? I don't agree with his decision to watch but to quote...you...FFS, your arguments make no sense to me sometimes.
BSG 464 wrote:So if this is the case as well with Raider, Juls and Korts (Is your role name mentioned in your PM or not), then there is a clash with the role PM you've got with those of ours.
Not sure how I got dragged into this one but yes I have a rolename.

@everyone: It occurs to me that we could all be just talking circles around each other and that the scum have abandoned the game. It's possible but not likely. I think its reasonable to think that 1 or 2 of the people who aren't currently active could be scum. Recall that Occam just "disappeared", it didn't say he was killed. It is possible that there was no nightkill sent in at all. And I do realize there are some other scenarios that would cause this to occur too but I am going to withhold my vote until we get at least 2 replacements who are participating. I don't want to be going down a wrong path just because we are the only people talking.

@mod: I really like your game, but it could really be hampering town to not have replacements. Is there not a single person interested in joining this game?

No, nobody is interested in joining this game, as far as I know. I've got it in my sig, and I've posted it a few times in the mini-theme queue.

==============
Everything below this line is not game related:
Vi 445 wrote:I'm so used to being older than everyone I've met thus far on the Internet that it still surprises me to hear about married couples.
I'm 29 (eek! 30 coming soon) and my husband is 35. We have been married 6 years in June and have a beautiful 2.5 year old daughter. TMI I know but don't even insinuate you want to hear about a girl's family unless you want it all! Hi honey if you are reading my games!
Rhinox 456 wrote:I'll be 25 when my big day comes in June
Congratulations! Don't name your first born Rhinox! (my first born is named after another character name I used before...Juliet will be my second child's name if we have a girl)

Mod-Edit Votecount 2-9

Korts - 1 (freeko)
Rhinox - 1 (Korts)
Freeko - 1 (BSG)
Juls - 1 (Vi)

Not Voting - 6 (Megaflareon, Lunar_Tick, Sipylus, Raider, Rhinox, Juls)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Currently seeking a replacement for Lunar Tick, Sipylus, and Megaflareon, in that order.

Deadline is in 15 Days, in case you happen to be wondering.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Rhinox »

@mod: I really like your game, but it could really be hampering town to not have replacements. Is there not a single person interested in joining this game?
No, nobody is interested in joining this game, as far as I know. I've got it in my sig, and I've posted it a few times in the mini-theme queue.
I could go lobbying for some more replacements. still 2 of them right? I know a couple mods who owe me favors for replacing into their games ;)
Go ahead (it's three, by the way). I'd appreciate it :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Rhinox »

EBWOP: PS: I promise to catch up and respond to everyone later tonight or tomorrow... after my rough day at work, my fiance and I are going to go veg out and catch a movie.

Also Juls, its very cool that you and your husband are both into playing mafia. I wouldn't even bother asking my fiance to try it out. She has little patience, and that doesn't go well with games like this.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Juls »

Rhinox wrote:She has little patience, and that doesn't go well with games like this.
I can relate...it's part of the reason I quit before. I get real frustrated with this game sometimes...what can I say, I guess I like the abuse :p
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Vi »

I'm perfect for this game; I have no social graces :D
Rhinox 476 wrote:I could go lobbying for some more replacements. still 2 of them right? I know a couple mods who owe me favors for replacing into their games ;)
I'm counting my replacement in here on YOUR tab, btw. (Actually, this is foiled somewhat because you already pre-/inned for my next game... hmm...)
Rhinox 463 wrote:80lb lapdog
o.o
That's most of my body weight. I feel more two-dimensional already.
Rhinox 463 wrote:hmmmm... so you DO have a vendetta with me then ;)
Well...
(why doesn't this site have an :angel: smiley)

Actually, now that you (Juls) mention it I remember hearing something about Moratorium's IRL life... I guess that was it. This is the first time in a long while people have made me consider myself "young" though, IRL or otherwise...
And catching "glimpses" of people through the Internet is kind of fascinating tbh. It's probably not good to make a big deal of it in a game where everyone's supposed to be suspicious of everyone else, though :v

Also, I refuse to conform to your collective FFSing.

------
~~~
------
Juls 475 wrote:You have said a few things that are still inconsistent
Such as?
Juls 475 wrote:This.
Vi 462 wrote:Scummy, sure. People I want to lynch? That cuts that in less than half now that Korts has someone covering him.
This.
Juls 475 wrote:I said that I knew freeko would follow Vi because ever since Vi joined the game he has followed pretty close to everything Vi has said. It reminds me of a school kid that is being bullied and his mommy comes in to save him and he is standing there boldy in her shadow saying "yeah..see! I told you!" So yeah, I knew he would do whatever Vi did.
I will agree that the vote wasn't entirely surprising.
That said, Mother dearest is letting the school kid get what's coming to him at this point. Experience is the best teacher~

-----
raider 455 wrote:If no one else claims sheep then Korts is confirmed sheep.
This is a first.
I've heard of confirmed Town, confirmed scum, and Confirmed for Brawl, but not confirmed Sheep :P

-----
Rhinox 463 wrote:Vi, I've got to give you props. You're pulling out all the
stops
this time...
Oh,
stop
Why the congratulation, though?
Rhinox 463 wrote:Yes, absolutely, especially in theme games. In theme games, when scum don't have safe claims to make, scum need all the help they can get flavor wise in order to make a convincing fake claim. I'll use Meerkat Manor Mafia as my evidence for that, as someone recognized a scum day 1 due to flavor fishing. You replaced into that game didn't you? go back and read through late D1 I think, after mafiamann claimed.
Actually, we never saw the scum Role PMs, so I don't know if there were falseclaims out there or not.
I have no idea what ClockworkRuse was trying to do though, as Cass pointed out that a name-counter-claim would be highly unlikely.

The point being that I'm really not seeing this.
Rhinox 463 wrote:Its only a straw man if it was the only thing I was using to try to deflect your attacks. In fact, this comment by you is just as much of a strawman meant to deflect my defenses.
Um... no, actually.
Rhinox 463 wrote:Oh... you mean kinda like raider did with the merchant backstabber scenario? :roll:
Yep.
I called him on that too.
Rhinox 463 wrote:Uhh... So if my vote on Korts isn't causing you to suspect me right now, then what is?
The absolutely hideous reason for voting freeko, and associated lining up of lynches. The cryptic responses to questioning about the Lunar_Tick wagon. The shoving of words into BSG's mouth regarding the claim request. The being scum.
Rhinox 463 wrote:Its only backpedaling if you think I'm scum and
know
korts is town and... wait for it... opportunistically jumped on korts' wagon, before backpedaling away from it...
no

Question @Rhinox, Juls, and raider: Who's suspicious -
other
than me or freeko?

-----
BSG 474 wrote:And Rhinox, I'd like to know what is more scummier to you: Asking for a role name trade (like freeko did) or 'fishing' for a flavor name (like I did)?
Objection!

I'm going to be honest - maybe it's because I don't have anything to lose but this dancing-around-what-our-roles-are bit is getting old. I'm not asking for a massclaim, but seriously, I'm getting sick of the vague attacks and defenses based on private information.

-----
Korts 469 wrote:BTW what are you basing your "wolf in sheep's clothing" theory on, other than an insistance that I can't be anything else than scum?
Probably something Juls said in 425 :)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Juls »

Vi 479 wrote:Probably something Juls said in 425
Maybe you should check your buddy freeko in 410. I probably won't say it again (ever) but what freeko said actually made sense!
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Vi »

Juls 480 wrote:
Vi 479 wrote:Probably something Juls said in 425
Maybe you should check your buddy freeko in 410. I probably won't say it again (ever) but what freeko said actually made sense!
*trip*
*fall*
'Didn't remember that at all.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:15 am

Post by raider8169 »

@Vi

Rhinox has said some things that has made me wonder if he is just trying to get anyone lynched. TBH I really wish we had those replacements in. They hold alot of information that could really push the game in the right direction.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:13 am

Post by BSG »

First of all, sorry for the misunderstanding freeko. I thought that you were fishing for my role name instead of my flavour name...
So I'm willing to give that if ppl want me to.

@Raider and Juls
This is only for confirmation. Korts gave as answer to my question this:
Korts wrote:Instead of the standard "you are a <rolename>" I got "you are a sheep."
So did you receive a role name, like Doc, Cop or Vanilla townie
Or a flavour name, like Merchant, Sheep or Pilgrim?

I'll write something I find interesting about Korts soon as I don't know how to write it down right now... I'm having some troubles writing it down so that it's clear what I mean. So I'll get back to that when I've found out how to do that.

@Raider
Regarding post 439. Some examples:
-Why did you think that Freeko would claim sheep?
-Is the reason why you think that the sheep is town mentioned in your PM or not? If not, why do you think it?
-Your PM mentioned 2 sheep if I'm correct. According to you, the first sheep was Jebus. Is this stated in your PM or not?

Could you also answer this as I think you missed it in my previous post:
And what do you think of Occam, who also mentioned sheep and shephard in his previous posts as pointed out by Juls? (aka couldn't he be a sheep?)

@Vi
Yes, I am. But there's only one place where I mentioned it. Why were you looking at that game?
Anyway, she hasn't said much about you. But she has told some things about other players who are here in this game. I think that those players know who I'm talking about :D.

So I'll be trying to get that part of Korts up ASAP. Hopefully, I can get my thoughts out clearly.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Juls »

@BSG: I guess based on what I think you are saying I have a flavor name.
Juls
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

Promised I would catch up. Fair warning, this is gonna be a big one...
BSG wrote:This has caught my attention as well. My actual rolename isn't named. From the look of the comments given by freeko and Vi, they weren't told if they wre masons or neighbours. All there was stated was that they didn't know the other allignment. So if this is the case as well with Raider, Juls and Korts (Is your role name mentioned in your PM or not), then there is a clash with the role PM you've got with those of ours. If two of the three mentioned above have their real role name mentioned, I'm willing to leave this aside. So Juls, Raider and Korts, could you please state if your role name is mentioned in your PM or not?
My roll PM and I don't have a typical role name - just a flavor name and description. I don't see how you can infer that mine did from the question I asked you, and I also don't see why it matters.
BSG wrote:And Rhinox, I'd like to know what is more scummier to you: Asking for a role name trade (like freeko did) or 'fishing' for a flavor name (like I did)?
Actually, I find both to be rather scummy. Probably, in a vacuum, I would find freeko's comment scummier, but we aren't in a vacuum. There are contexts to consider, such as freeko's claim, and all other actions.
BSG wrote:Rhinox, all the assumptions you have made in post 416, are completely wrong. Me and freeko have completely different roles, so how should I be able to compare it. And based upon the information I have received in my PM, I can tell you that scum don't have a reason to flavor fish names...
But this is one of those times you have to trust someone with their word, so I can understand that you won't accept this piece.
I find this statement worded rather oddly. I didn't really assume anything in 416. But, maybe I can better answer this question as part of an answer to Vi's question:
Vi wrote:Actually, we never saw the scum Role PMs, so I don't know if there were falseclaims out there or not.
I have no idea what ClockworkRuse was trying to do though, as Cass pointed out that a name-counter-claim would be highly unlikely.

The point being that I'm really not seeing this.
Lets see if I can better explain with an example... we're playing a generic theme game (I don't want to use this one, so lets say its meerkat manor mafia). All the town roles are meerkats, and there is an sk-predator role. Suppose Early in the game, a townie is forced to claim. He claims townie, and gives a flavor name. sk-predator starts asking, "Hey, uh, are you sure there is no other flavor?"

There are 2 reasons why I can see a player asking for more flavor:

1) player asking for more flavor is town, and wants to compare the flavor in the claiming player's PM to the flavor in his own PM, so as to verify that yeah, this player is probably telling the truth, scum wouldn't have been able to come up with the town flavor without knowing a town PM

-or-

2) player asking for more flavor is scum, and wants to know what flavor is in a townie role PM, so later in the game when he has to fabricate a fake claim, he can include townie flavor to make his claim more believable.

Let me also point out the differences between Meerkat manor mafia, and this game, so my argument isn't strawmanned by "BSG wasn't asking for all flavor, just a role name..."

In meerkat manor mafia, there were 12 meerkat names the mod provided, and all names were used. 8 (or 9, can't remember) were the actual town role names. the other 3 or 4 were included in the scum role PMs, so the scum had safe fake names to use if they had to fake claim. What they didn't have was fake town flavor - only their own scum flavor.

Now snap back over to this game. We know, or at least don't have any reason to assume that scum have safe fake names included in their role PM. So, BSG asks for a flavor name. Why? Same two options as before...

1) BSG wants to compare the flavor name in freeko's and Vi's claim to her own flavor name to see if freeko and Vi's claim is believable (I'm not saying BSG has the same flavor name, I'm saying that she's comparing more the flavor, than the name itself. Does Merchant make sense as a town role, taking into consideration whatever her town role name is?)

-or-

2) BSG is scum, say, a wolf. (Not saying I have any reason to believe all scum are wolves, but then again, I have no reason to believe they aren't). Later in the game, BSG might have to fake claim something to save herself. Without knowing anything about any of the town roles, how would she have any idea of a flavor name to use for her role? Thats why specifically asking for a flavor name is kinda scummy. For a while, scum could only assume sheep were town roles (due to the N0 flavor kill, and Occam mentioned something about sheep on cliffs). Thats why everyone should be suspicious of Korts claiming sheep, regardless of whether or not raider can confirm there are sheep in the game. Now scum also know there are non-sheep town roles, since freeko and Vi are merchant/companion. In other words, before freeko and Vi's flavor names were revealed, scum had no reason to believe there were any town flavor names other than sheep. Now, they have more flexibility in fake claiming later knowing they can come up with something other than sheep.

Now consider BSG's quote above. She flat out denies that she was asking due to option 1. So, its either option 2, or some other role specific option that I can't possibly know since I don't know BSGs role. She asks us to just trust her, knowing full well that in mafia, asking for blind trust is usually reason enough to not give any trust... So, without asking BSG to fully explain herself through a role claim (which I'm not doing, btw), I am considering her asking for a flavor name scummy do to option 2 above. I voted before to get more of a reaction out of BSG. Since discussion on the topic is basically finished until BSG has to claim (and I'm not ready for that), I'm not voting BSG now because I'm not ready to commit to lynching anyone yet.
BSG wrote:Why I asked for a flavor name:
BSG wrote:I asked, because the claim has changed a lot. First they were masons, then when Vi comes in, it changed to neighbours. Nothing much, as this could be an honest mistake. But then I thought back of MM's role which was cleric. According to the mod, this meant that he was a doc. My role has also a completely different name than usual. This is most likely the case with everybody.
What I do find odd is that one of them claimed merchant, while the other claimed merchant companion, so I'm not sold yet on either claim.
Interesting... If you thought everyone had a non-traditional name, then what made you think that mason/neighbor was anything more than they're description of their role, since the flavor name wouldn't tell what the role can actually do. I guess maybe if you were checking to see if their role HAD a flavor name, or if it just said neighbor or mason, that would fit into option 1) above for why you were asking for a flavor name. I agree that if every town role had a non traditional name, and Vi and freeko's role PMs simply said mason or neighbor, that would be suspicious and possibly point towards the claim being faked.
BSG wrote:Uhm... freeko? You were fishing for my role, I was fishing for your flavor name. Two completely different things. In my opinion, what you did is much worse. As I've seen that you want to hear Korts' full claim (What's your reason for that anyway?) I'm really happy with my vote.
I agree that freeko is acting very scummy. Since the masons are unconfirmed, theres no reason to believe that freeko can't be scum. I agree with Juls that ever since Vi replaced in, freeko has been acting like he thinks he's bullet proof. Part of me wants to hold a gun.. er.. a pike rather up to his head right now to see if his confidence holds (that was artistic liscense for me saying I'm considering voting him for his scummy role fishing he's been doing, and his overconfidence he's been displaying since Big Brother Vi (or sister... god, I feel so stupid but i don't think I've ever known which.. do you have a preference as to which pronoun gender we call you by Vi? I'm assuming sister would be the appropriate one since you said 80lbs is almost all of your weight... unless you're a really skinny 12yo boy :P) came in and backed him up. However, we've already got all we can get out of pressuring freeko by votes, so I would only vote him now if I was intending to lynch him.
BSG wrote:Don't like the votes from Rhinox and freeko against Korts.
Rhinox as he had only good things to say about Korts until Vi pointed something out, which made him suddenly obvscum.
Freeko's reason is just to see if Korts is teeling the truth about the watching, while there's also a different way to check this.
I want everyone to think very carefully and ask themselves this question: Did my vote on Korts really appear to be made with the intention of lynching korts? Vi, look at my votes in mafia 87, raider, you have that newbie game that just finished to look at, juls, do you still have the link to that game we were both in that you replaced out of? Everyone else, I've already linked Meerkat manor mafia. You guys can pretty much look at every vote I've ever made... When I'm ready to lynch someone, I make my intentions known.

'course, that just means the utility of me throwing my vote around like I've been doing up til now has just been shattered, so don't expect me to be doing as much of that for the rest of the game.

Also, I don't necessarily think I've had only good things to say about korts... I just like his playstyle for catching scum. Even if korts is scum, I think the way he's playing will help me recognize other scum.
BSG wrote:Will look at the battle between Vi and Rhinox tomorrow. I don't like quote wars...
I wouldn't consider what Vi and I are doing as quote wars... I would say it seems more like a pissing contest to me :P Seems Vi agrees:
Vi wrote:3) More pointless ad hominem and taunting with Rhinox (with the occasional on-topic point) will come later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raider wrote:Not sure how I can enlighten you anymore then I already have. There is
another
sheep role. I am 100% positive on that. Korts claimed sheep with no counterclaim so I have no reason to not believe his claim. I also think the sheep role is town and thought that as of the start of day 2.
Very interesting comment here... Raider, feel like commenting on your use of the word 'another' here?
Juls wrote:I am glad I could humor you. :p My point is that I felt relatively confident that PK was scum. You have said a few things that are still inconsistent but truckloads better than what PK was giving us, thus the confusion. Plus, you have thrown out somethings that I had missed/not thought about (e.g. Korts sheep slip comment). All valid points, I am just now confused as to what I should weight more heavily...PK or you.
At this point, I'm pretty confident in forgetting PK ever existed. He really didn't do much but claim for freeko, then vanish. Its possible it means something that PK didn't elaborate more on his claim when asked, but assuming the masons are not confirmed, then basically it was stupid for him to even come out and say freeko was town. Thus, any analysis of his play/comments can be explained away due to "PK was an idiot" The only thing that makes me wonder is that scum mason-pk would know freeko is town, where town mason-pk would not. The only reason pk would call freeko town, then, is if pk was scum. But wait... "PK was an idiot..." now the observation is unreliable for use as any sort of basis for a lynch...

While I'm thinking about it... @Vi: someone used that "scum are mostly likely to be the 3rd (or 4th) vote on wagons" BS tell in one of my previous games... It was used to get a townie mislynched. I went back through my completed games (well, the ones that were completed at the time) and found that scum were the 3rd or 4th vote on only 2 of every wagon (not just the ones that led to lynch) in my completed games. In post game discussion, players insisted that it was a valid tell, but based on my own experiences and games, I have nothing to suggest that lynching someone because they were the 3rd vote on (almost) every wagon in the game increases the chances of lynching scum. I still have to take a closer look at your other reasons for voting juls, but I sure hope there are better reasons than just this one.
Juls wrote:@everyone: It occurs to me that we could all be just talking circles around each other and that the scum have abandoned the game. It's possible but not likely. I think its reasonable to think that 1 or 2 of the people who aren't currently active could be scum. Recall that Occam just "disappeared", it didn't say he was killed. It is possible that there was no nightkill sent in at all. And I do realize there are some other scenarios that would cause this to occur too but I am going to withhold my vote until we get at least 2 replacements who are participating. I don't want to be going down a wrong path just because we are the only people talking.
I don't think now is the time to consider policy lynching inactives, unless we have reason to believe that every active player is town. Considering we've already mislynched once, and if Occam is dead, then a mislynch today could basically put us in LyLo tomorrow.
Juls wrote:Congratulations! Don't name your first born Rhinox! (my first born is named after another character name I used before...Juliet will be my second child's name if we have a girl)
Hmm... Rhinox... what a pretty name... :P hehe

Regarding all the non-game discussion we seem to be having: I actually kind of like it, so long as its not distracting us from the business part of the game. It makes the game seem to have another dimension to it, as I feel like I "know" a little bit who i'm playing with. I just hope it doesn't cause any hurt feelings if things get heated later on. I don't want anything to get personal, so to speak.
Vi wrote:I'm counting my replacement in here on YOUR tab, btw.
As you should. However, you should also know I would replace into any of your games without even having to think about it.
Vi wrote:Oh, stop.
Why the congratulation, though?
Not so much congrats... I just meant that irregardless of anyones role, you're doing a very good job arguing in this game (unlike in mafia 87 where I said I thought you were scum due to meta and you kinda just folded...)
Vi wrote:Actually, we never saw the scum Role PMs, so I don't know if there were falseclaims out there or not.
In meerkat manor mafia, after the rules, the mod posted the 12 meerkat names, and said the ones that weren't used for actual town roles were included in the scum PM's as safe claims. I thought that was very clear, and never really understood everyone's confusion about it, nor the potential for name counter claims. Anyways, I've already covered the rest above...
Vi wrote:The absolutely hideous reason for voting freeko, and associated lining up of lynches. The cryptic responses to questioning about the Lunar_Tick wagon. The shoving of words into BSG's mouth regarding the claim request. The being scum.
Ok... lets go through these one by one:

The absolutely hideous reason for voting freeko:

I've already explained my reasoning. Silly me, I thought the countless times freeko said that PK could confirm him, I thought that was because it was actually in freeko's role pm (i.e. I thought freeko's role pm said something like, "you don't know your partner's allignment, but he knows yours"). Thats why I kept asking PK to elaborate more on his role and whether or not it actually said they were confirmed masons (I might as well have been talking to my dog... would have gotten more of a response). After you replaced in, you said you couldn't confirm freeko. I thought that was solid evidence that freeko was lying about his role, in order to seem to be confirmed town. Turns out it was a big misunderstanding. I guess it just proves the point that we should be suspicious of players claiming to be townie over and over again... constantly repeating something doesn't make it true, but it can make the mind think it is.

and associated lining up of lynches:

The only lining up of lynches was because I thought if freeko wasn't lying about his role (and it really did say that pk did know his allignment), then you would have been lying about saying you couldn't confirm freeko. In that situation, if freeko was town, you had to be scum. When i realized that freeko never said the pk could confirm him part was actually part of his role PM, then obviously there was no more lining up of lynches.

The cryptic responses to questioning about the Lunar_Tick wagon

Didn't I already answer for this, or did you not read that part. LT's wagon was a utility wagon. Pretty obviously, it was. My crypic responses were meant to buy some time to get LT to respond the the wagon that grew. If I had answered straightforwardly, it would have been "LT was my random vote, and I'm only keeping my vote here to pressure LT and try to catch scum jumping on the wagon, or ignoring it". Obviously, that would have not only eliminated the utility of my vote, but also blown an opportunity to try to catch scum by letting everyone know what I was looking for... Are you saying you've never voted for/wagoned someone with an intention to get reactions from other players, without intending to lynch the person being wagoned?

The shoving of words into BSG's mouth regarding the claim request

I've already answered for this, and believe I at some questions for you in return. If not, I'll re-ask them now. Take this post into consideration:
Rhinox wrote:I wasn't trying to push an explanation on her, I said why I thought flavor fishing was scummy, and the unfortunate part was that I gave her an out and gave her the answer for why a townie would flavor fish. First I should have asked her why she wanted to know the flavor, waited for her answer, and then explained why I felt flavor fishing was scummy. All I can see is that it was a mistake for me to make while scumhunting, as it pretty much makes any discussion about why BSG was flavor fishing worthless now, but I don't see how it makes me scummy...
... and answer these questions for me:

1) How was I putting words into BSG's mouth?
2) What words was I putting into BSG's mouth?
3) What is scummy about it?

Also, explain in what context was a backpedaling. Yes, I voted korts, then backed away. Explain to me the context of whats so scummy about that.

The being scum.

D'oh! You got me here... :roll:
Vi wrote:Question @Rhinox, Juls, and raider: Who's suspicious - other than me or freeko?
You're quite paranoid if you think I'm only suspicious of you and freeko. I've clearly expressed suspicions of BSG and Raider in the thread. Korts and Juls I'm still reading, but I wouldn't say I'm not suspicious of them. Then there are the inactives, but I've already given my feelings on them.
Vi wrote:I'm going to be honest - maybe it's because I don't have anything to lose but this dancing-around-what-our-roles-are bit is getting old. I'm not asking for a massclaim, but seriously, I'm getting sick of the vague attacks and defenses based on private information.
This sounds an awful lot like asking for a mass claim, while saying you're not asking for a mass claim. You figure you claimed, so everyone else might as well?
raider wrote:Rhinox has said some things that has made me wonder if he is just trying to get anyone lynched. TBH I really wish we had those replacements in. They hold alot of information that could really push the game in the right direction.
What have I said?

Also, what makes you think the replacements have roles that could give us any information we don't already have?

I think this is all... Let me know if I left anything important out
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Juls »

Rhinox 485 wrote:I don't think now is the time to consider policy lynching inactives, unless we have reason to believe that every active player is town. Considering we've already mislynched once, and if Occam is dead, then a mislynch today could basically put us in LyLo tomorrow.
No, you misunderstand. I don't want to policy lynch. I don't want to lynch at all until we get some replacements in here. I would rather not lynch someone just because they are active. I want to lynch because they are the best lynch. Some of the replacements may be scum. It's kinda like my last game (that SpyreX modded) where we kinda ignored the lurkers and faught amongst all the bold personalities who were all town. We mislynched twice. (BTW, my uber negotiation skills pulled it out for town...the second to last day is a fun read..or it was at least to me).
Rhinox 485 wrote:
Vi wrote:Question @Rhinox, Juls, and raider: Who's suspicious - other than me or freeko?
I missed this in Vi's post. I have little nuggets of suspicions on several people and there are a couple of people that I haven't found anything to be suspicious at all. I would say my post 283 is still a fairly accurate indication of my suspicions more or less.
Juls
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Korts »

Dammit Rhinox! I'll read that tomorrow, I'm tired right now...
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

korts wrote: Dammit Rhinox! I'll read that tomorrow, I'm tired right now...
hehe... sorry
juls wrote: No, you misunderstand. I don't want to policy lynch. I don't want to lynch at all until we get some replacements in here. I would rather not lynch someone just because they are active. I want to lynch because they are the best lynch. Some of the replacements may be scum. It's kinda like my last game (that SpyreX modded) where we kinda ignored the lurkers and faught amongst all the bold personalities who were all town. We mislynched twice. (BTW, my uber negotiation skills pulled it out for town...the second to last day is a fun read..or it was at least to me).
ok... just checking...

For what its worth, in my last game, there were 4 more active players, and 3 less active players/inactives. There was 1 scum remaining. Someone suggested that it seemed more likely that the 4 of us active players were all town arguing amongst ourselves, and the scum was one of the inactives. Even though we kept discussing everybody and didn't just make it policy, the 3 less actives were all town and the town pretty much lost because of it. And it all started from a simple suggestion, much like your last post.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:00 am

Post by raider8169 »

Rhinox wrote:I want everyone to think very carefully and ask themselves this question: Did my vote on Korts really appear to be made with the intention of lynching korts? Vi, look at my votes in mafia 87, raider, you have that newbie game that just finished to look at, juls, do you still have the link to that game we were both in that you replaced out of? Everyone else, I've already linked Meerkat manor mafia. You guys can pretty much look at every vote I've ever made... When I'm ready to lynch someone, I make my intentions known.
This is part of why I am looking towards you as possible scum. I have said my case as to why I think Kort is town and all the people that have not acted apon it are the people I am looking towards as possible scum. I can understand why people are not taking what I am saying as fact because I am sure I do not seem like the most townie person to them and that Korts does not either. Also yes your vote did seem to made with the intention of lynching korts.
Rhinox wrote:
Raider wrote:Not sure how I can enlighten you anymore then I already have. There is
another
sheep role. I am 100% positive on that. Korts claimed sheep with no counterclaim so I have no reason to not believe his claim. I also think the sheep role is town and thought that as of the start of day 2.
Very interesting comment here... Raider, feel like commenting on your use of the word 'another' here?
Jebus, the night 0 kill was a sheep, that is the other sheep role. Does that answer your question?
Rhinox wrote:
raider wrote:Rhinox has said some things that has made me wonder if he is just trying to get anyone lynched. TBH I really wish we had those replacements in. They hold alot of information that could really push the game in the right direction.
What have I said?
I sort of went into this above but its more your stance and things to reflect your opinion of lynching korts.
Rhinox wrote:Also, what makes you think the replacements have roles that could give us any information we don't already have?
They could counter claim as say they sheep. Meaning that either Korts of the replacement lied.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by freeko »

raider wrote: Jebus, the night 0 kill was a sheep, that is the other sheep role. Does that answer your question?
Well, Jebus is the mod. I dont really think the mod had a role in this game.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:30 am

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:
raider wrote: Jebus, the night 0 kill was a sheep, that is the other sheep role. Does that answer your question?
Well, Jebus is the mod. I dont really think the mod had a role in this game.
I dont think that matters has the dead role was still revealed as a sheep.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Jebus »

TonyMontana has replaced Sipylus.

Lunar Tick was not replaced first, since he has posted somewhere in the last week and may have just taken an unexpected vacation, whereas Sipylus was definitely gone.

So welcome/thank your new replacement.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I pre-emptivly give thanks/you're welcomes, to your inevitable welcomes and thanks.

Will do my best to settle down quickly.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Juls »

Hi Tony, welcome!
Juls
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by raider8169 »

TonyMontana wrote:I pre-emptivly give thanks/you're welcomes, to your inevitable welcomes and thanks.

Will do my best to settle down quickly.
Welcome, enjoy the read.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Korts »

Just posting a placeholder here for the meanwhile so I don't weasel out of making a real post after I caught up with my newbie (priorities, priorities).
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Korts »

Well, I toiled through the big Rhinox post and I see nothing in particular to comment on... Nothing particularly made me want to retract my vote on him, either.

Hi, Tony :)
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Rhinox »

Korts, somehow I missed one of your posts and just happened across it while looking at your posts in isolation:
korts wrote:Unfortunately for you, the defense of "I was testing your reactions" is weak; you commit to being scummy, yet you don't make a case for me to respond to: what did you expect if not to be attacked?
I don't commit to being scummy, because I don't think my vote on you was scummy. The response I was looking for was a response to Vi's post - I felt you'd give a more genuine response with more votes on you.

I also notice a false dilemna in your logic... every active player except for Raider jumped on your wagon that Vi started. You said something to the tune of "Out of all the votes, Rhinox seemed the most opportunistic. Vote: Rhinox". Essentially, its an argument that at least one of me, freeko, juls, and Vi have to be scum. Not the traditional "either 1 or the other" type of false dilemna, but a false dilemna still. Oh wait...
Korts wrote:It has some basis and though the implications are minor from this point, coupled with your vote it's more than sufficient for me to put you over Juls as Suspect no. 1.
I was wrong... it does kinda look like a traditional false dilemna.

Either way, I suppose I should take a closer look at juls, since she is the only active player I haven't looked closely at - mainly for what I thought was a town tell in one of her first posts. However, this tell was contradicted in one of her recent posts. This is probably one of the reasons why Vi is trying to peg us as a scum pair.

I did think that the quick growth of the wagon was odd... but it tells me some things... either most of the town is hungry for blood, there really is some basis for the wagon, or there are scum on the wagon. I find it more odd that the player who unvoted and admitted that he didn't think there was much basis for the wagon going to claim/lynch territory (me) is the one everyone is finding scummy for doing so... Korts, do you think there is justification behind the wagon that formed on you?
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:52 am

Post by freeko »

rhinox wrote: I did think that the quick growth of the wagon was odd... but it tells me some things... either most of the town is hungry for blood, there really is some basis for the wagon, or there are scum on the wagon
Ymm.. there is great basis for the wagon. I want korts head on a noose yesterday, that is no suprise to anyone. And if there was scum on the wagon he woulda been outta here already. Look very closely at the only person who was active and did not vote for him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”