yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:28 am

Post by yawetag »

Wow. Why the bandwagon on Braeden?
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by yawetag »

Mod: could I get a vote count, please?

I really don't like this jump on Braeden with no reason at all, other than "because." I'm all for random votes, but not random bandwagons.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by yawetag »

Nightfall wrote:Is there something outside this game affecting this? O_O'
If so, I find it stupid. Metagaming is one thing -- mass-voting on hour 1 of day 1 is another.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by yawetag »

vote: Anticollie

Why let the V/LA player get a free ride?

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by yawetag »

Are all of the other votes serious?

Right now, it will stay. There's been absolutely no game play yet, and until I see something to change my mind, I won't move it. That said, I'm almost positive *something* will change my mind.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:10 am

Post by yawetag »

It was as serious as the bandwagon of votes on Braeden.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:27 am

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:Yes or no.

Cmon, this isn't twenty questions.
How about you answer MY question first (from post 9):
yawetag wrote:Wow. Why the bandwagon on Braeden?
It's amazing to me that you want a serious answer from me when none of you that bandwagoned Braeden answered mine.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:07 am

Post by yawetag »

I love it. Voting me because I won't answer a question, yet it's okay for THREE people to bandwagon without any hint of an answer.

This game gets better by the post.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:23 am

Post by yawetag »

No, it's not a serious vote. It will change before the day is over.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by yawetag »

Gamma wrote:EVERYONE BANDWAGON YAWETAG
IT WILL CHANGE HIS MIND
What will change my mind? A bandwagon called on me? You're right -- it will.

unvote; vote: Gamma

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by yawetag »

Mod: I unvoted and then voted for Gamma (post 45)

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:13 am

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:If that is the right votecount, I think some people need to come clean about what may or may not be affecting their votes.
Including yourself.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 am

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:My vote is who I'm voting for in the votecount. This is not the case with others. If they can explain this I think it might be a good idea.
I thought you meant that people need to explain why they have voted for who they've voted for. If so, you have yet to explain your vote.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:Ok, well since no one else wants to do it, I'll explain how it works so you guys know for future games. Sometimes when you mass nameclaim scum try to propose theories on who could be scum and who couldn't based solely off names. Townies also do this, but it's possible to tell the difference and catch scum proposing theories to lead the town astray.
Would this be the same idea that normal discussion can look scummy, too?

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:What?
I assume you're talking to me. I'll ask a little differently.

You state that by roleclaiming, both scum and town have fun analyzing the names, but it's "possible to tell the difference."

In a normal game where roleclaiming isn't done, both scum and town typically analyze what people say to make suspicions and votes.

Would you agree both of those statements are true?

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:20 am

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:
yawetag wrote:
charter wrote:What?
I assume you're talking to me. I'll ask a little differently.

You state that by roleclaiming,
both scum and town have fun analyzing the names
, but it's
"possible to tell the difference."

In a normal game where roleclaiming isn't done, both scum and town typically analyze what people say to make suspicions and votes.

Would you agree both of those statements are true?
I don't know what you mean by "have fun analyzing", I don't really analyze what people actually nameclaim, I analyze what people say after a nameclaim. The second one is true.
Bolding and italics mine to emphasize my point.

I never said you analyzed the roleclaims, but (bolded section above) everyone analyzes it. You said (italics above) it's possible to tell the difference between scum analyzing and town analyzing.

Would you now say that both of my statements are correct?

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by yawetag »

yawetag in Post 90 wrote:You [charter] state that by roleclaiming, both scum and town have fun analyzing the names, but it's "possible to tell the difference."

charter wrote:
yawetag wrote:Would you now say that both of my statements are correct?
I suppose.
If roleclaiming has the same overall point as general scumhunting, why would we want to do it? It ends up giving more information to scum while keeping the townies at the same place (simple scumhunting).

unvote; vote: charter
for thinking it's a good idea.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:If that's not a blatent twist of the actual facts, shoot me now.

It has the same overall point in that it helps catch scum. Once again, you are assuming that my suggestion has no protown benefit, you don't even care to see them. From past experience, scum got NOTHING out massnameclaim but town was able to catch them.

And did I say I don't want to do "general scumhunting"? No I did not.

So take your wrong assumptions, throw them out the window, and try again.
I never said you didn't want to do "general scumhunting." However, when the thread is already full of analysis of players' normal chat, I don't think adding in the analysis of roleclaims is much help. My mind might change a few days from now, but right now looking for scum through chat is my best bet.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:39 am

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:So you're admitting you're voting me for a bullshit reason then?
No, I'm voting for you for suggesting that roleclaiming was a good idea. As you can tell, I, and most everyone else, doesn't think it's a good idea.

My point was that roleclaim scumhunting would only confuse the normal scumhunting. This confusion is something scum would want.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:56 am

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:And nothing about my suggestion or massnameclaim interferes with "normal scumhunting".
Other than the added confusion, you're right.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:43 am

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:True, but I only said that because I thought I was lynched and you would see my role shortly. I'm not going to claim now because the wagon on me is still BS and you all are still going to either lynch me for nothing or drop it and my role really has nothing to do with it. Me claiming now would be like claiming out of the blue.

I think Gamma needs to be looked at, he seemed pretty pissed that a lynch he was a part of happened. Also Jebus needs to come in with why he unvoted. Yawetag is still highly suspect.
And why would I be highly suspect? Because I attacked you on wanting everyone to roleclaim, and then voted you because of it? I find that less-than-suspect.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:13 am

Post by yawetag »

charter wrote:WHAT PART OF I DIDNT FUCKING WANT EVERYONE TO ROLECLAIM DO YOU NOT FUCKING UNDERSTAND?

I SAID NAMECLAIM. THIS IS WHEN YOU CLAIM YOUR NAME. NOT YOUR ROLE. I SPECIFICALLY SAID THIS NUMEROUS TIMES.
With the number of times I've (erroneously) used "roleclaim," this is the FIRST TIME I see you specifically reply to a post of mine to correct it. I apologize for using the wrong term. You're correct that you suggested a nameclaim.

That said, I still think it's a stupid idea, as well as your reasoning behind it.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by yawetag »

pacman281292 wrote:
Gamma wrote: charter/yawetag: stop clawing at each other's throats for one second and contribute more
yawetag haven't posted since alot of time...
MOD: plz prod yawetag.
It's been two days. Amazingly, some of us have weekends different than Sat/Sun. I will be able to post again on Sat night at the latest.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by yawetag »

charter in #168 wrote:
Braeden in #159 wrote:Also, why do you think Yawetag is scum?
Page one and two. Every post of his.
Every post? So, basically, every time I argue with you about your nameclaim idea, it's scummy? What about the other people that were against it? Are they scummy, too?
Gamma in #163 wrote:charter/yawetag: stop clawing at each other's throats for one second and contribute more
I agree. Our argument has been dragged out a bit, but I can't just stop when he adds another insult or accusation on top of it.

Overall, this game is a lot harsher than I expected. From page one with the (still unexplained) bandwagon to charter's rant in #146, I'm more than surprised with the overall tone of the game. To be sure, I'll get used to it; it was just surprising.

Now for some content.
Empking in #4 wrote:Vot: Braeden I dont like Bs.
What "BS" are you referring to? Seems odd that BS is mentioned when there had been nothing said at that point.

@Jebus and Charter: Why the bandwagon on Braeden so early in the game?

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by yawetag »

Empking's Alt wrote:Yawetag: I said Bs not BS, don'yt put words in my mouth.
So you meant to say "I don't like B's." I understand now.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:40 am

Post by yawetag »

Like Nightfall, this is my first game with charter. His attitude after being denied the nameclaim idea was what turned me away from him. Then, when he hits L-1 and fakeclaims a power role, I smelled more scum.

I'm still confused on how he played.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:39 am

Post by yawetag »

Jebus in #215 wrote:Here's a read on Alabaska J and Yawetag. Will also read up on a few others later. For now,
Vote: Yawetag

yawetag

Refusal to answer simply to a yes/no question. General stubbornness, meh. Far too serious at this point, imo.

Because not answering simple questions/beating around the bush isn't nearly as scummy as a random three/seven vote wagon on the first page.
I'll (re)iterate why I didn't give my answer originally. I had previously asked charter (and the other two) why they bandwagoned on Braeden, and had received no answer. Why should I answer questions when mine have been ignored?

Maybe I haven't had enough experience here, but I fail to see how not answering a yes/no question is more scummy than a bandwagon without cause. I understand it's only 3 of 7, but we don't even know how many scum are in this setup. If we bandwagon someone to L-[# of scum], it's a good chance they'll be lynched fairly quickly.

Jebus in #215 wrote:Post 111 - "Roleclaiming confuses general scumhunting, the kind of confusion scum would want". This came over as really scummy to me.
Interesting.
Jebus in #215 wrote:Post 148 - Apologizes for using roleclaim rather than nameclaim, but then again seemed to be aware of this mistake ahead of time. Still uses same logic against Charter.
How did I seem aware of the mistake? I didn't mean to use the incorrect term, and corrected myself when I did.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:08 am

Post by yawetag »

Spolium in 223 wrote:
yawetag wrote:Maybe I haven't had enough experience here, but I fail to see how not answering a yes/no question is more scummy than a bandwagon without cause.
Because the bandwagon was a random vote bandwagon.
I don't see how three people voting the same person is "random." Especially when 1) NONE of them even hinted it was, and 2) This was done within a few posts.

I see one possibility, yet neither claimed it: 1) Metagaming of some sort. They don't like Braeden and vote him "randomly" in every game they are in with him.
Spolium in 223 wrote:You were asked a simple yes/no question, sidestepped it a few times and didn't actually get around to answering it until someone voted you.
No. I answered it when my question was answered.
Spolium in 223 wrote:
yawetag wrote:I understand it's only 3 of 7, but we don't even know how many scum are in this setup. If we bandwagon someone to L-[# of scum], it's a good chance they'll be lynched fairly quickly.
Except not, because then we'd have some pretty damned obvious scum (although the most likely scenario would be that at least 2-3 voters unvoting before anything could happen).
Let's say there's 3 of them. We vote a couple votes on someone, one of the scum attaches on. We vote another vote, another scum attaches. Then a townie hammers. I hardly see how you can sniff out the scum in that setup.

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by yawetag »

Alabaska J wrote:because there is no reason on god's green earth why you should sink to the level of an anti-town player based on pure spite?
And their actions weren't anti-town?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”