Mini 740 - Communiqu├® Mafia 2: Game Over and the Winner is..

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Juls »

One more thing (sorry for the multiple posts)...what is to stop scum from choosing another scum as their partner? Since I am the only one who objects, I would like me or Roffman to make the pairs.
-------------------------------------
Juls
magicrabbit
magicrabbit
Townie
magicrabbit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by magicrabbit »

Juls wrote:One more thing (sorry for the multiple posts)...what is to stop scum from choosing another scum as their partner? Since I am the only one who objects, I would like me or Roffman to make the pairs.
There shouldn't be pairs, though?

It would make more sense to have an A->B->C->A loop so that people cannot confirm each other.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Juls »

That makes sense...but I can't send one cause I already have and I would like roffman to respond to me if at all possible.
Juls
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by roffman »

I'm happy with the loop concept, it also stops scum from just claiming they didn't receive a message. As for a response to Juls, your message was very vague on what you wanted. I'm going to go with town, though I'm not exactly sure what you were asking or how you wanted me to respond.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Juls »

Kinda hard to be detailed in 20 words.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Juls »

What is with me and multiple posts in a row today?!?! I never do this....

@roffman, do you think I should full claim my role in thread to get everyone's opinion?
Juls
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Casey »

Well then, 4 groups of 3?

1 - Juls
2 - Ectomancer
3 - roffman

4 - RossWilliam
5 - hohum (rep. bubbles21112)
6 - houseofcards

7 - Reecer6
8 - Budja
9 - Braeden

10 - dorvaan
11 - magicrabbit
12 - Casey

Feel free to play around with that order. I just copied and pasted the list at the top. XD

Although, I would like Roffman to send to Ectomancer, who then sends to Juls to dispel the small chance that Roffman made up the scummy communique. If both messages were unsigned, then I still have some suspicions about Juls.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Budja »

Looks fine to me.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Juls »

Casey wrote:If both messages were unsigned, then I still have some suspicions about Juls.
Have suspicions of me if you want but this should not be one of them. I did not sign my communique because I wasn't for sure if I could trust roffman or not. By just telling him my role I did not reveal who I was. He would only know that this role exists in the game.

What you need to do with your list is just make it one big chain with me at the end, like this:
Ectomancer --sends to--->roffman
roffman--sends to---RossWilliam
RossWilliam--sends to--->hohum
hohum--sends to--->houseofcards
houseofcards--sends to--->Reecer6
Reecer6--sendsto--->Budja
Budja--sends to--->Braeden
Braeden--sends to--->dorvaan
dorvaan--sends to--->magicrabbit
magicrabbit--sends to--->Casey
Casey--sends to--->Juls
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

There is another who apparently does not have one. Does that person want to step forward now?

@Roffman - I'd like exact transcripts of those messages please. I don't believe that would fall under quoting the mod as it is from a player, albeit through the mod.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Juls, in case I need to say it expressly, I would chose a player at random to decide the process for this before trusting you to do it. Because it was my idea, I will also stay out of the selection process and nominate Casey to be entrusted with the final say in the matter.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Juls »

All I did is take Casey's list and move me to the bottom and make it one big circle. I can't send a PM, that is the only reason I put myself at the bottom. Nothing I have said is scummy. Just because I sent a PM to another player somehow that makes me untrustworthy? I don't want roffman to quote my PM because it has my role in it. And seeing as I have already admitted that it makes me very suspicious of you for rolefishing!

I really hate this plan beyond day 1. I think it is a good idea to catch whoever sent the other PM to roffman but don't expect me to follow it day 2.
Juls
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Who still has there PM and who has lost it?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Players are allowed to quote any Communiqués they receive as they are not directly from the Mod
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Juls »

This was my communique to roffman with certain parts censored to protect my role:
Townie [rolename]. I [my action]. [my question]? Answer me discretely in post. Will reveal self later if trust.
Juls
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Casey »

Well, here is my suggestion for communique sending, with small variation from the original order and Juls's proposed order, just to be safe.

1)
Braeden --sends-to--> Budja --sends-to--> Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan --sends-to--> Hohum --sends-to--> Houseofcards --sends-to--> Magicrabbit --sends-to--> Reecer --sends-to--> RossWillam --sends-to--> Braeden

2)
Roffman --sends-to--> Ectomancer --sends-to--> Juls

I made a loop and a chain. The loop is simply in alphabetical order. The reason for the chain is that Juls has already sent her communique and I don't want Roffman or Juls involved in the loop, just in case. I chose Ectomancer to go in between Roffman and Juls, because I find it hard to believe that Ectomancer is a scumbuddy with either of those two, given the recent conversations. If there are any objections to putting Ectomancer there, just exchange him with anyone in the loop.

Your message can be anything. So no shenanigans go on, I think the receiver should quote the message, then the sender should confirm.

Perhaps put [brackets] around anything you don't want quoted if you have information and you trust your recipient, although I would probably advise against this.

So what do you think? Did I forget anything?
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by roffman »

Casey wrote:1)
Braeden --sends-to--> Budja --sends-to--> Casey --sends-to--> Dorvaan --sends-to--> Hohum --sends-to--> Houseofcards --sends-to--> Magicrabbit --sends-to--> Reecer --sends-to--> RossWillam --sends-to--> Braeden

2)
Roffman --sends-to--> Ectomancer --sends-to--> Juls
I hereby endorse this product or service
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:29 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Your actions themselves are suspicious Juls. Roffman can be the judge of what to divulge as he feels it is merited, not you. You said yourself in your communique that you will only reveal yourself if you trust Roffman. What made you think it a good idea to give him your rolename and action on the first 2 or 3 pages in the first place? You think that randomly publicizing the roles that town has was a good plan? Seriously? In a game where (as you so kindly pointed out) there are no reveals? That means the concrete information is going to come from our roles. What gain did you hope to achieve by that?

Didn't I say even before the Roffman's info that I suspected that scum would have been more likely to use their PM this early? As you say you are not the 1-shot cop (whose early divulgence of a guilty makes an entire sense, especially as they can also give the result to a 2nd player in case the get killed tonight).

That makes your fate very much dependent upon Roffman Juls. I hope you write good messages.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You know, I went to find the exact wording by the mod for this no reveal and...I don't see it anywhere in the rules, and cant find the original game thread. This needs to be addressed pronto unless I am missing it entirely (and it should be in this game thread, not somewhere else)

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Budja »

From the queue.
My game should be starting soon, so here's some quick info:

Presenting...Communiqué Mafia 2 (Shanba Approved™)!
Back-up Mod: Lord Gurgi

This game will be no-reveal
, so please do not sign up if you are not interested in this type of game.

Day 1 deadline=3 weeks, All other days are 2 weeks with a one week extension request available at any time. Nights are 4 days.

I highly recommend that you read MeMe's Communiqué Mafia if you decide to /in.

I will accept players at my own discretion, as the game may be too complex for newer players. In addition, I recommend that you have completed at least one game.

Link the the previous game is here.
I suggest you take note of the roles here in it although is quite probably a bit different.

I think that Juls' stepping forward was unfortunate. If you were honest, The mafia know you are a power role now which is not good.
But really you had no choice. Sending the PM was not anti-town and Ecto's plan screwed you up.

So I don't think Juls is scummy. Our communiques are our weapon and I also think Juls is right that this plan should not continue past today. I think players can put their messages to better use and scum would get little to no advantage out of it.
After all in a no-reveal game, these messages may end up being crucial to the town.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Casey »

Ectomancer wrote:You know, I went to find the exact wording by the mod for this no reveal and...I don't see it anywhere in the rules, and cant find the original game thread. This needs to be addressed pronto unless I am missing it entirely (and it should be in this game thread, not somewhere else)
I couldn't find the signup thread, but I did find the Communique Mafia 1 first post:
MeMe wrote:Players (2)
Glork replaces blahgo
Patrick

Former Players (10)
LoudmouthLee - killed Night 1
Miztef - lynched Day 1
Phoebus - killed Night 2
Mr Stoofer - lynched Day 2
Adel replaces itsallnines who replaced ChannelDelibird - lynched Day 3
Simenon - lynched Day 4
Mert - killed Night 5
muse - lynched Day 5
Eteocles - killed Night 6
Eyceking - lynched Day 6
So... yeah, most likely we're not getting
any
information out of lynches. Which seems rather unfair, but I guess that's offset by having to use communiques to our advantage.

A few certain people also need to start posting.
Reecer6
Reecer6
Goon
Reecer6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Reecer6 »

Sorry, I was busy doing other things.
I say we, in our communiques, tell the person we're supposed to send to our role.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Juls »

@Reecer: No. Bad! That reveals roles to scum and who they are assigned to. That makes scum's job so much easier. Reecer, are you just playing on mafiascum to spoil games? I am in two games with you and I have read your other ones. In EVERY game you are saying ridiculous things or things that make no sense.

@Ectomancer: I sent a note to roffman because I wanted to get an answer to a question about my role because it isn't standard. It is not that I didn't understand my role, I wanted some advise about it. I went ahead and sent the communique because I didn't think I would have anything else on D1 to send to someone. It is pretty stupid that you think this is somehow suspicious, but whatever. Furthermore, revealing my particular role to scum means nothing because there isn't really much they can do about it. And being that they didn't know my name, they wouldn't be able to target me for it. But thanks to you, scum now know I have a role that is not vanilla.

@Budja: Yes, it is unfortunate that I had to step forward but I would rather be in control of my own quote instead of letting someone else do it.

@Casey: That order/configuration is fine with me is fine with me.

Vote: Ectomancer

For the following reasons:
1) rolefishing
2) baiting Roffman to try to reveal MORE about my role then I have already posted in my censored quote.
3) trying to eliminate town's day communiques.
Juls
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:46 am

Post by dahill1 »

Sorry for the confusion, this game IS no-reveal, and I'll add that to the rules.

Also, BSG replaces houseofcards! Thank you BSG!
houseofcards
houseofcards
Townie
houseofcards
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:09 am

Post by houseofcards »

no!, i was just really sick my fever was 103.7 i couldnt even stand up, o well that sucks
GO CARDINALS!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”