Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

/confirm.

I'm excited. Can't wait to start already!
If God wanted us to see the beauty of sunrises, He would surely have put them after 10:00 am.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

I don't get much the title of the game, but well, let's start with this!
If God wanted us to see the beauty of sunrises, He would surely have put them after 10:00 am.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Wow, fast paced game. And I didn't play a newbie card!!! I just don't get the title of the game (English is not my native language). So, let's omgus.

Vote: Artem
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

I know what sanities are, I didn't get the word "ensues" in that paragraph. I was thinking in "ensue" coming from "sue", which is, obviously, completely wrong (yeah, I read the definition on a dictionary, so what?).

Mod votecount, as per end of page 1:

Magus_Stragus (2)
:
Artem, Tom

Artem (2):
alexhans, Magus_Stragus

Azhrei (1):
Charrat

Charrat (1):
hohum

ZEEnon (1):
Green Crayons

alexhans (0)
Green Crayons (0):
hohum (0):
seb456zig (0):
Tom (0):

Not voting:
Azhrei, seb, ZEEnon

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Ok, that solved.

Unvote.

I love this first day. It's so... random. Me like.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

This isn't my first game... Why you assume that?
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Well, at this point of the game, as Green said, it's more pressure than actual suspicious. All accusation and votes made up till now, I see them as pressure (or even random voting) to see how other players react. I don't think anybody has put a serious vote yet, or am I wrong?
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

ZEEnon and seb456 need to post more.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

I never said you were suspicious. I just was stating that you and seb only had two posts (one of them being the /confirmation) in three pages. That means that you need to post more, either to know your opinion, or to know that you are still with us.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

It's her, but I don't really care much about it.

Well, I haven't voted yet, because I prefer to analyse things better before lying down a vote (and I'm not much of a random voter, 'cept from the first random vote). But well, I guess I'll post my thoughts now.

First, I don't think that Artem's first actions were scummy. I mean, the firsts pages of the game are usually for random voting to pick up reactions from the other players. It's true that he made several accusations, but it was in an early stage of the game. For me, it's just a tactic to gather more information.

Second, I don't like how hohum (I believe it was him) is using/used previous games as arguments for this one. It is true that players may follow the same strategies over games, but I don't think it's valid arguments to use previous games.

Third, though Green attack may seem aggressive, I think that it
looks
aggressive due to the fact that it was done in the random/joking stage. A serious comment in the middle of a joking chat can be perceived as aggressive. And also, he explained why the situation.

Fourth, I don't like lurkers. My opinion on them is that they're trying to pass under everyone's radar. Also, if townie lurkers don't provide with much help for the town, so, I prefer to lynch them over a contributing but a bit more suspicious townie. That being say, I'll cast my vote;

Vote: seb456zig
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Oh, you mean tunneling. Well, I think it's too early to declare a tunneling, isn't it?
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

I voted for you only to generate a response, and force a post. I wasn't expecting a bandwagon, I just stated my opinion on lurkers. There are around 60 posts as for now, and you only had one. That was enough lurking for me. And, you're just omgusing me. Either that, or you just don't want to read my post, which show an hypocrite action of you:
seb456zig wrote:
ZEEnon wrote:mm oh sorry,
didn't really read all the messages .
FoS: ZEEnon
because not reading messages means you arnt trying hard to catch scum, because either your lazy, or you're scum
So, I was thinking in unvoting you after you answer my pressure vote, but after what you posted, I think I won't.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Well, my opinion on that, just my opinion, is that I don't like. I find harder to read the way you post, ZEEnon. However, I'm not demanding you to change it or anything like that, just saying my little opinion.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Sorry guys, but I'm having some troubles with my pc. I'll post something useful as soon as I fix it. As for now I can only say that I keep my position against seb, as he hasn't done anything to argue my suspicious.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

My answers:
1 & 2: No one at this moment. I have suspicious players, but not enough to declare them mafia or town (well, 'cept from seb, for the reasons posted in previous posts).
3: I think just the same than you. If we were to lynch without strong grounds, I'll vote for the least contributory player. If a player doesn't contribute, he/she is as good as a dead player.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

So, let me see if I'm getthing this well, which I think I'm not:

You're accusing yourself and seb to be working together? Well, that means that you are either masons or mafia. So, I think I'm not getting your point well, ZEE. Care to explain a bit better?
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Oh, please, ZEEnonm type normally! It's really annoying to read your posts that way! I know that it's your style, but it's damn ANNOYING!!! Geez, I rather lynch you or lynch myself than to keep reading your annoying-styled posts. Can't the mod do something about this? I mean, there's no rule in the board that prevents disruptive or hard-to-read posting?

Any roads, back to the game, I have a question that is in my mind for a while now: the title of the game. It's not that I don't understand, it's that I'm intrigued about it. Springlullaby said something about it. What do you guys think about that? I think that it must be something regarding the sanity of the cops (duh), but how exactly? Do you think we have several cops with different sanities? Or just one or two with opposing sanities? Or, do even have cops at all (unlikely, due to the title of the game and the GM's words)? So, what are your thoughts about that issue?
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

My, my, I'm a bit lost here. I'll have to re-read the last few pages, because I can't see why the thing against hohum. It's not that I'm protecting him, it's more like I see this: he made a small mistake and a bandwagon started based on that. HOWEVER, I'll have to re-read the whole thing, because I'm not sure yet.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Well, my opinion regarding seb's posts is the following: scum. With each post you confirm even more my suspicious. Here's why:
seb456zig wrote:And also, i want my own reasons because using someone elses reasons is stupid.
That means that you will unlike vote for someone. It's not that you are using other people reasons, it's that you are agreeing with other people reasons. Not all players are master detectives that can see through other people lies. It's more likely that someone spot out a lie or fall in a statement and the rest of players agree with his/her finding, than all players finding different suspicious arguements. For me, you're just looking for a reason to not state your opinion about the lynch, like if you wanted to pass out of the radar.
seb456zig wrote:The bad thing about my position now is that either...

he flips town and i am the accused hammerer because i voted last

he flips scum and you ask each other "how to phuck did he know that?"
As Alex said, it's just Day I. Whatever you hammer townie or mafia shouldn't be that trascendent. I mean, it's important, but like you, whatever the result of the lynch is, we are all going to question all the people who voted for it, and the people who didn't vote for it; not just the one that did the hammer. But you, you're like trying too hard to not call attention, to not be suspicious... Why would a townie try so hard for that? Your reasons to not vote for him are mainly not because you find/don't find him suspicious, rather because you don't want to draw more attention to yourself. And that for me, is more than enough scumtell.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Yeah, hohum, if you don't want to keep playing, then call the mod for a replacement, now that we are still on the first day of the game.

Any roads, I can't post much now, just a few things:

1- Geez, Green Crayons, everything looks suspicious for you. I know that you have to look for possible scummy tell, but it seems like for your standards everything is scummy! How can you make up your mind like that?
2- Seb still hasn't posted anything that has make me doubt of my vote. Yes, it's true that hohum is acting weird, but that doesn't mean that I have to vote for him, specially when I find you scummier. Also, if I attacked him in my post, you wouldn't be the central point of my posts, thus easing you a way to escape from my accussations.
3- GC, you mentioned something about me and metagame. Well, regarding that, I must say that I don't care much about meta. Yes, some people acts the same during different games, but I'm lazy enough to not go through all other players' previous games to find how they act.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

This topic has become a seb vs ZEE personal fight.

I don't find anything else to add, so that's why my lack of posting.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

You can guess, and believe with all your heart that someone is scum, but you can't know for sure that a player is scum if you are town (unless you have some power role, which is not the case now).
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Well, that's kind of hard, taking into account that you two have taken the last few pages of the game.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Geez, Seb, I can't seem to agree on you about anything. In fact, I can't even see your "reasons" behind your accusations on other players. It's not that I'm taking a side with someone, it's just that I can't see your reasons. You say "I find x player scummy because I find it suspicious." Or now that last post of you saying that Azhrei is scummy just because he said that "ZEE has been posting better, even though his arguments are flawed"? Well, just one thing to add: maybe I'm getting it all wrong, but I also think that ZEE is posting better. I mean, if you look as his first posts, you'll see that the latest ones are better both aesthetically and gameplay-wise. Either way, that's not really a good reason to see someone as scum.

I like that idea that you are scum and you're trying to take down somebody with you.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

First, Azhrei didn't vote for you, so the vote he's pulling back isn't from one of yours. Second, deadline is today, which means that you'll day one day before your bday, so no problem! :)

And you're talking about a trial. I think that in the previous page you have failed such trial. If you are indeed a townie, you have acted at the worst of your abilities, making you look scummy with every post of yours. Any roads, in the endgame, it's better to have townies that look townies rather than suspicious townies that can lead us to a losing lynch.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Well, a naive cop is death. Well, at least it was one of the less useful roles. Even a vanilla townie is more useful than a NC. But any roads...

And hohum, please go ahead and state your opinion on all of this. Due to your fear of being lynched, you were very inactive in the past day, so I will like to know your opinion on Seb's lynch. Btw, I don't think it was a bandwagon. Seb just acted too much suspicious, and that was the reason of his lynch. It's true that chances are that scummies voted for him as well, but still, it was mostly his fault to get lynched.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

I assume, after knowing Alex's role, that this game has at least each one of the sanity versions of the cops. Which means that, only two of the remaining three are somewhat useful. Zer, you made a bad move back there. You claimed without knowing your sanity, which means that you can lead to lynching a townie, thing that won't give your sanity either. Why? Because you could still be either insane or paranoid. So, that means that your so pro-townie claim will end only giving more points to the mafia.

(I'm just assuming, btw. The game can as well have different cops setups, thus rendering my previous argument wrong. However, I prefer to go with the safest assumption, taking into account the GM's initial words about the game, the title of the game, and Alex's role.)
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

I have this idea. If Zero is really a cop, then a good thing to do is lynch him. Why? Well, if we lynch him, we learn his sanity, thus if his results were accurate or not. If he is paranoid, it is more useful death, as he might grasp on wrong results and get other innocents lynched. If he's insane, we would know for sure Charrat's alignment. I know that it's a bit risky losing a townie like that, but sometimes someone has to sacrifice for the victory of the town.

Oh, and if we follow Zero's results, and lynch Charrat, and he turns out innocent, we wouldn't know for sure if Zero's an insane or paranoid cop. In the other hand, if he turns out guilty, we wouldn't know for sure if Zero's an paranoid or sane cop. From my point of view, we are risking more following Zero's results.

We can also ignore that claim totally and just keep going we the previous arguments.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

The title of the game and GM's words suggest that this game is heavily based on sanities. There's even a chance that all cops are not sane. You can just say that you're a sane cop just because Alex was naive. You're the one being naive... ¬_¬

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”