Mini 730 - Hard Nights in the City - OVER!

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by geraintm »

vote no lynch

lets see where we end up then
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:58 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

My flavor is behead (seriously since when is mafia behead?), atro is shot, gera was shot.

I'm blocking atro... sorry don't trust you mate.

Now honestly town you haven't played that amazingly although part of the problem stems from the fact that your doc ended up mod-killed. But I'm still not to happy handing you the town. And, due to the nature of the game I don't want to hand it over to the mafia. And seeing how I was the first to post the possibility of no lynch I think the town should make a little wager with me. Juls thinks I'm a mafia roleblocker so let's make the little bet that I posted earlier.
Danchaofan wrote:If you think I'm mafia rb and atro is the sk I'll rb atro and kill him atro kills me. I should be alive and atro should be dead tomorrow morning. Juls and gera should still be alive and you guys can lynch me because I'm a lying scheming mafia =)

However, if I am as I claim, a role blocking SK then when atro pops up dead tomorrow as a mafia then town lets me win =) ok... you can still lynch me but that wouldn't be in a gambling spirit.
This is of course assuming atro isn't a roleblocker or has some nk immunity or pgo. If that is the case we can discuss tomorrow otherwise how about it town?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:07 am

Post by Juls »

OK Dan, you keep up your end and we will do ours.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Danchaofan »

vote: No lynch
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

Votecount:

No Lynch (3): Juls, Gerantim, Danchaofan

Tensions rise and accusations are flung. Ultimately, you decide to let the cover of night determine your fate.

There was no lynch.

Night ends: Thursday, February 5th 10:30 AM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

Another day starts. Prepared for the worst, you all walk out into the square. To see only one body. Glorious days!

Atronarch, Rolecop,
has been beheaded.

With 3 alive it takes two to lynch.
Last edited by SpyreX on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Juls »

Yeah, I was never keeping that deal....but thanks.

Vote: DCF

Geraintm...do the same and town wins...still not sure how we pulled it off?
Juls
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

MOD NOTE: I made an update in the flip. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Juls »

FoS: Spyrex!
Juls
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by geraintm »

vote Danchaofan

yeah, i think you can claim a moral victory dan...
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

It's cool beans. =P
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

The Final Votecount:

Danchaofan (2): Juls, Gerantim

The great mystery has been solved. With no doubt in your minds, you move forward to put Dan in the noose. This time, thankfully, you are right. You rest easy knowing that you have saved this city... for now.

Danchaofan, Serial Killer,
has been lynched.

THE TOWN HAS WON!

Night Actions:

Night 1:

gerantim WATCHES insanepenguin02
insanepenguin TRACKS Megatheory
Danchaofan BLOCK Megatheory
Danchaofan KILLS CanadianBovine
Porkens KILLS Plum
Atronarch INVESTIGATES Juls

Night 2:

gerantim KILLS Porkens
insanepenguin TRACKS Juls
Atronarch INVESTIGATES gerantim
Danchaofan KILLS Megatheory
Danchaofan BLOCKS insanepenguin02
Porkens KILLS insanepenguin02

Night 3:

Danchaofan BLOCKS Atronarch
Danchaofan KILLS Atronarch
Atronarch KILLS (Blocked) Danchaofan

NOTES:

1.) Feel free to post your role PM's :P
2.) Feel free scum to post your quicktopic, if you want.

Well, with the way this game started, I can honestly say I am surprised the town won. ;) Well done. I mean, every PR either got outed or killed day 1 (sans Chaos, who was just a fail anyways).

I was surprised to see Nameless hit the block day 1 and Don day 2... especially since both were mostly town driven (even if the scum jumped on). For the most part, all three of Dan, Porkens and Atronarch kept a low profile - and didn't really get called out for it.

I thought for SURE ger was going to end up in the noose after he misread his role PM and thought he was a tracker and not a watcher.

I was really surprised Atronarch and Dan went the direction with the prisoners dilemma they did - I thought for sure they'd just double kill town and have a scum faction win. For an added bonus - if Ger had killed Atronarch and left Porkens and they double killed.. it would have been a draw (Porkens would have got RB'd and thus not able to kill Dan, Dan could not kill Porkens).

As a first time mod, it was definitely an experience. I know I had a lot of fun watching. I'd appreciate any comments you all have about this and I hope you had a good time!
Show

Proud member of BaM
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Plum »

Wow. How the heck did that happen???
SpyreX wrote:Porkens KILLS Plum
I feel so betrayed :cry: :wink:. No, seriously, when I got killed I was sure Mega was scum. Also, I was pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted Don lynched Day 2 had I still been alive. Not sure why Porkens decided to kill me - care to say, or maybe post your quicktopic, which I'd love to see? I was kinda flattered - my first time ever getting NK'd (still never gotten lynched!).

I vaguely followed Day 2 forward. Nice Porkens kill, Geraintm. And Juls, one way or another I got the impression that you played quite well. Sorry, my reads were all really off. Atronach did a good job of appearing to contribute without getting in the middle of much controversy, if I recall.

I'm now 2/2/1 (the 1 ended prematurely) - for the first time my record is not below .500.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Porkens »

I'm surprised that Dan didn't RB atro and kill a townie! Much higher chance of an SK victory that way.

Given that the town won like this; I shudder what it would have been like if their power-roles had survived!

Good vig shot...ass.

I was immune to knives!

And immune to cop investigations LAWL (grumble).

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/2RR8diGd3jaME

Thanks to my partner Atro, definitely played a stronger game than i did.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Juls »

I suck at scumhunting but my negotiation skills worked! I had more fun on the last two days than the first two. I was really upset that I jumped on Nameless and then disappointed that don turned out to be town because I felt so sure he was scum. I think now that don may just be one of those personalities that appear scummy all the time (I don't mean this as an insult...I get this read a lot as well).

A few other thoughts / comments / questions:
-
Spyrex
: awesome job. Even though we lost our doctor to modkill I still like the idea of no replacements and one week deadlines if it is known to everyone in advance.

-
Nameless
: I knew you were town, I just couldn't put it into a tangible argument for towniness and I was too scared to commit to that position (although I toyed with it) because I was scared if you were scum I would be the next lynch. You never said it explicitly but I assumed your role was backup doctor-like?

-
don_johnson
: I do not dislike you in any way, shape, form or fashion despite what you may think. I just felt like you were doing scummy things and was calling you on them. This is my first game I have completed so I am still learning a lot and I probably need to fine tune some tells...I will get there with experience.

-
atronach
: It is completely not my personality to say what I said about you being a lurker. I did not believe that at all when I wrote it. I was trying to present you as someone who didn't play very hard so DCF would give the win to us. It was just a gambit, not how I felt. I hope you don't dislike me because of it. One question, why did you claim serial killer instead of scum when we had the scum/town distribution figured out?

-
megatheory
: when I had my change of opinion about megatheory I did because I thought he was the doctor. I didn't think the mod would send a comment to him that said he was knocked unconscious in the night unless he had a power role and when kinda going through the roles in my head I felt it was logical that he was the doctor.

-
dcf
: I put you between a rock and a hard place. You really had few options but I think had I been in your position I would have taken atronach's deal and took a shot at the win condition being in your favor. Or, I would have killed a townie and tried to beg the other one for forgiveness. The way you did it, you had to know we weren't going to give it to you.

-
porkens
: I had you pegged as serail killer. I don't know why really but i kept thinking we could get to you later. Glad geraintm took a shot at you!

-
geraintm
: good vig kill, if you hadn't done that it would have been game over. On the last day I was trying to get you to hurry up and vote no lynch so if DCF and Atronach didn't have things fully figured out they would have to do it alone and not make a deal.

-
Plum
: You did well. You got the game rolling and I got pretty good town vibes off you. I think you got killed N1 because they knew DJ and I would fight it out amongst ourselves and they could lay low on D2.

-
IP
: You really seemed scummy. I believed you but you really went about it all wrong. You shouldn't have gotten so mad when people questioned you and then you pretty much checked out of the game after that. It was annoying and antitown. You held a powerful role for us, we needed you!

-
town in general:
We tried hard to lose it. I almost lost it for us with my voting alone. I was glad I could redeem myself in the end. We had our doctor as a modkill, our nurse self hammered, our tracker was scummy (sorry IP), and our JOAT flubbed one of his one shots...lol. It was certainly an interesting game.

-I would really like anyone/everyone to give me advise on how I could play better. I tried hard but I know I made mistakes. Please be constructive with your criticism though, don't just bash me cause you don't like me. I want to improve.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Megatheory »

Dan: Why did you kill me? And why did you claim on day 3? You could have won if you had claimed vanilla, IMO.

Also, I played horribly this game. I haven't played mafia in a while, and it's not unusual for me to play this bad when I haven't played in a few months. But that's not really an acceptable excuse for doing very little scumhunting on day 2. I didn't have much confidence in myself after the Nameless lynch. I'm surprised Antronach was scum. I had Dan late in day 2. I should have been all over Porkens on day one, his play was pretty much classic scum play throughout the day. I guess I was too forgiving.

I'm glad we won, even if it was in the lamest way possible.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Nameless »

Yeah, um, town did not deserve to win this game
at all
. :lol: (Mind you, the scum
claimed
on D3, so I guess it's a case of the lesser of two fools winning. :P)

Anyway, now we've all stopped trying to absolve ourselves of blame from my lynch, can we please stop exaggerating the unhelpfulness of my play? :wink: The only two things I would say that I really did wrong (uh, not finding scum aside) in D1 was: a) Not taking the time to more clearly word a few things when I first said them, to avoid things being blown out of proportion and b) Although I stand by selfhammering at what might (due to RL) have been my last chance to post rather than risk a no lynch (which would have given the scum a free kill and put the bandwagon right back up D2 anyway),
announcing
what I thought to be fairly inconsequential townie intent proved more detrimental than I had evisioned as it allowed my wagon to be pushed to a lynch easier than that of Don's. Claiming I don't think would have helped either way, since I'd already implied I had a weak power role, and there wasn't time for the town to properly consider another unreliable (and easy to make, were I scum) claim. Also, nobody asked.

Not even slightly surprised that Plum was town, and killed N1. Now if our doctor hadn't been a jerk and flaked ... :?

Since when is Nurse a gamebreaking role? I can't remember who said that, but I'd love to hear somebody justify that statement over any other role.

Words cannot describe how much I was screaming "WIFOM!" at the screen when a player or two considered Gera more believable after changing his claim. He was telling the truth and I was pretty convinced he was a town PR at that point, but still, it's just an example of how many players were allowed to get away with scummy or antitown actions (and usually the same ones that had been pointed out D1). I do like how long it took Gera (of course) to remember Chaos's modkill when wasting time with D3 scenarios. I'd love to say I told you so with my hunch Don was town, but honestly given the way he played towards the end of D3 I can't blame anyone on his wagon for it.

Was honestly surprised Megatheory was town, I still think some of his suggestions and suggestions were far more antitown than anything I did this game. Was honestly pissed IP was town, for not really playing at all after claiming. Porkens wasn't my first pick as scum, but he was up there. The other scum just kind of stayed under my radar what with how bad we town played. >_> And this was my first win as town, too. Oh well.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Porkens »

Juls wrote: -I would really like anyone/everyone to give me advise on how I could play better. I tried hard but I know I made mistakes. Please be constructive with your criticism though, don't just bash me cause you don't like me. I want to improve.
We, the scum, kept you around because you kept lynching the town ;)
Which isn't all bad. If I had been town, I would have gone after Don as well. Nameless, probably not...
You definitely had a big role on the last day; cementing the win for the town; you should feel good about that.
In general, I'd say lynch more lurkers ;)
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Atronach »

Thanks for the great game everyone. I really did have a blast. Could not have asked for a better first game.

Plum
: I believe it is addressed in the quicktopic, but the reason we chose you for NK D1 is because we thought you had the best chance of outing us. Trying to get rid of the level-headed players, and keep the controversial:) ones in.

Juls:
I don't take any of this personally. I really enjoyed playing with you:) The reason I chose to false claim SK is because I was hoping to ride the momentum of your fast vote for DCF. Claiming SK allowed me to pretend I could not win, so did not care. I was hoping against hope that gera would get online over the weekend, we'd get a quick lynch on DCF before you guys had the time to consider how town could win. I really think that claiming vanilla town would have only worked if DCF had done so as well. Then gera would have had to pick from all three of us to see who was lying.

Porkens
: I had an awesome time being scumbuddies with you. I look forward to gaming with you in the future, just hope we're on the same side :twisted:

geraintm
: I have been dying to ask this since N2 ended. Why did you pick Porkens for your Vig shot? IMO, that was the definitive action of the game.

Mod, thanks for letting me play. I hope you mod again. If you do, from the player's perspective I would consider: Allowing replacements. Great for my side, but it makes it hard for town. This isn't so bad except it is combined with fast deadlines. I love deadline games, and hope you end up keeping them, but perhaps lengthen them a bit.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

well this was fun. too bad i didnt go past day 1.

im guessing it was because i was the least posting non lurker, DCF?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by don_johnson »

juls wrote:don_johnson: I do not dislike you in any way, shape, form or fashion despite what you may think. I just felt like you were doing scummy things and was calling you on them. This is my first game I have completed so I am still learning a lot and I probably need to fine tune some tells...I will get there with experience.
hey, you figured this mess out. i
was
doing scummy things. its part of my problem. i was introduced to mafia on another site and my first game was a version titled "kickass mafia". it did not involve voting, but instead players could
HIT
other players. there was no unhitting and 3 times the number of players is how many hits it took to lynch. long story short, the game devolved into ass kicking and trash talking amongst friends instead of theory and strategy discussion like happens here. so unfortunately, i have an aggresive style. i am really trying to tone it down.

porkens: your day 1 vote(and play) was freaking hilarious. i was like, "wha!?" why the hell is he voting me?

nameless: i thought you played well, i had to continue drubbing you on day 2 because i felt i needed to do whatever i could to prevent a mislynch. honestly, the only thing that really surprised me was the hammer then claim. i would never have lynched you as nurse.

good game all, dan, that was impressive.

ger: i thought for sure you were going to vig me night 1. why porkens instead?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Vi »

*walks in like I totally belong here*

Nice play, Juls~

Hay SpyreX. This would be a great time to tell you that yours was the first setup I've ever reviewed, and that my previous two modded games (offsite) ended in hilarious failure. But that aside, how do you think the setup worked out?
d_j 595 wrote:i was introduced to mafia on another site and my first game was a version titled "kickass mafia". it did not involve voting, but instead players could
HIT
other players. there was no unhitting and 3 times the number of players is how many hits it took to lynch. long story short, the game devolved into ass kicking and trash talking amongst friends instead of theory and strategy discussion like happens here.
I am SO calling this as a Theme to mod. This sounds hilarious.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Plum »

Atronach wrote:
Plum
: I believe it is addressed in the quicktopic, but the reason we chose you for NK D1 is because we thought you had the best chance of outing us. Trying to get rid of the level-headed players, and keep the controversial:) ones in.
Thank you. I'm totally open to flattery after the game when I don't have to worry about scum trying to butter me up :P. However, you should know that if you left me alive you could have used me to help push a Mega mislynch. After that whole discussion towards the end of Day 1 (ironically, though Mega's statements did imply he was very certain about at least one of Nameless and DonJ being scum, neither were) - anyway, I was prepared to pound his lynch into the ground :oops:.

Hi, Vi, what the heck are
you
doing here? Ah, you reviewed the setup. I thought it was really nicely planned and quite creative while still being a, you know, mini-Normal. SpyreX, your modding was great, setup cool as I stated before, and the deadlines worked nicely, I think. I remember Day 1 was a little under two weeks long, yes? That was one long-post-intensive Day 1. I was almost relieved that I wouldn't have to do a mega post every single night to even have a shot at keeping abreast of stuff for another week:lol:.

I know everyone's giving ChaosOmega a lot of flack, but apparently his last post on the site was in this game. It
was
annoying that he disappeared, especially with him being Doc (well, not too annoying for scum, I guess :P), don't get me wrong, but if he ever does show his face around here again it might be worth asking the guy if any urgent RL stuff came up or something.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hehe, a good game though!

See you next Tecmo!
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:31 am

Post by Danchaofan »

I figured I could claim town rb and get away with it... ended up claiming scum.

After that I couldn't think of any way to win and given the way the game started I felt it would be absolutely hilarious if town won and mafia didn't so I went with the town =/

I was making kills on people I felt had a higher chance of being scum... that failed miserably =/

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”