Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Wall-E »

That's kinda weak sauce for a lynch on D2, isn't it?

Vote Count:
Gamma - (1) Netlava
Knight of Cydonia - (0)
magisterrain - (0)
My Milked Eek - (0)
Netlava - (3) RestFermata, WhereIsTony, Trumpet of Doom
RestFermata - (1) Wall-E
Trumpet of Doom - (0)
Wall-E - (1) Knight of Cydonia
WhereIsTony - (0)

With 9 alive, 5 votes will end the day.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:00 am

Post by WhereIsTony »

I was not saying we should lynch him. Just trying to encourage his replacement to step up, and explain/off theroies
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Wall-E wrote:What is the case on corporate/Netlava?
Ignoring the irony of you asking...

PBPA: (numbers are to individual's posts in isolation)

corporate:

0: random vote - negligible, although in light of magisterrain's lurking, this may hint at something. I'll let you figure out what.
1: Switches random vote for a reason that he later claims is a joke, but it is not at all obvious at the time that it's just a joke.
2: Calls Nekka out on voting someone who'd done something even scummier than his own vote (put Atlas at L-3 instead of L-4).
3: Says he figured L-3 isn't dangerous; I'd argue that at this phase of the game, since L-3 is 57% of the lynch requirement, if 3 other players just decided to "randomly" vote Atlas, hey, he's been speedlynched!
4: ...hmm. Says his vote on Budja was just a joke, but also says that he pulled a random vote when he thought the game had left the random stage. On first glance, this vote would appear to be his vote on Atlas; looking in the context of the thread, I can see how he might have meant Budja. Then questions a vote with more motive than his had.
5: Attempts to defend himself by saying "we all know how flip floppy D1 votes can be." I'm sorry, I really don't like his defense. Atlas is hitting him hard, and he's having trouble coming up with reasoned defenses, is what this looks like to me.
6: Complains that Atlas is nit-picking and refuses to acknowledge that it's an invalid way of scumhunting. Again, it could be cracking under pressure.
7: Recommends we keep Gamma alive, misinterprets Wall-E's statement that he's testing the lynching waters, and dismisses Atlas's post #44 (which itself had good points for corporate being scum) as not worth paying attention to. Was he not going to defend himself? It sure seems that way.
8: Claims that he can, indeed, ignore post 44. And that Atlas "backed off" his argument with corporate. (Well, Atlas won.)
9, 10, 11: Tries to make a preemptive case on Wall-E for giving himself an excuse to lurk. I'm sorry, what?
12: Joins in RB speculation and congratulates Tony for thinking of it.
13: Suggests Atlas's confirm vote on him (for ignoring his question on where he backed down) is OMGUS.
14: The thread explosion he points out invalidates any lurking points he may have. Especially against Wall-E, who seems more active during the explosion than before it, and Atlas (through this point) has still been making multiple posts per day.
15: His "excuse to back out" defense, which he tries to use here, is looking more and more shaky each time he uses it.
16: Alleges that Atlas's posting eased up. (Over 24 hours. I rarely make more than one post per game per RL day anyway.) Atlas calls him on it in #184.
17: Suggests (again) that Atlas and Wall-E are scumbuddies conspiring to get him lynched.
18: Says he's not sure Tony is town. Except... wait a minute... let's look at post 12 again.
19: Claims he stated a case on... Wall-E, I guess, although Eek seems to think Atlas. Either way, I don't see it.
20: The entire post is as follows: "checking in thanksgiving is keeping me busy ill catch up when i can but i have a pretty full schedule this weekend." Well, the timing is somewhat appropriate, anyway.
21: Misinterprets Budja's post "I'll go with whichever wagon
on two specific people
(including corporate) town supports more" into "whichever wagon ends up lynching".
22: Apology for lurking - Thanksgiving weekend. Passable.
23: Confirm votes Wall-E, but doesn't elaborate on why. ("For all the obvious reasons"? Really? Let's pretend I'm being slow. What are they?) And suggests that Gamma killing N1 is a bad idea. We now know that the kill he made didn't work out so well for us, but we weren't going to find ourselves suddenly in LyLo today, either, so I wouldn't have minded.
24: Attempts to use laziness as an excuse for not explaining his votes and insults Wall-E. Not that Wall-E hadn't been doing more than his share of insulting, mind, but two wrongs don't make a right.
25: Restates his suspicions (without reasoning, if anyone cares), wonders where Atlas is. Reasonable question; the answer appears to be that he left the site.
26: Tries to use meta as a defense.
27: Makes a halfhearted attempt to explain why he finds Atlas scummy.
28: Congratulates Gamma for complaining about MME's nitpicking; remember, corporate's 6th post complained at Atlas for doing the exact same thing. At least he's consistent.
29: Snaps at Wall-E for ignoring Jordan's case against him.
30: Suggests Atlas may need to be replaced; forgets the reasons at the beginning of the game for which he thought Atlas was scum.
31: Apology for missing the weekend.
32: "Nope, nothing's happened that would make me change my vote."
33: Requests that people be prodded. Gets told that people are probably just waiting on Atlas's replacement.
34: Points out that yes, he did say why he'd thought Atlas was scummy.
35: Again, supports a no-kill. I think this is likely a null-tell.
36: Slams Tony (a) based on a misinterpretation and (b) for roleblocker speculation... which, wait, he supported earlier on. I could very easily believe that this is bussing, especially since they're my top two suspects.
37: Backtracks from his previous post, but leaves the part where he slams Tony's RB speculation.
38: Suggests that if Tony thinks Wall-E is scum, he should be voting to put Wall-E at L-1. FoSes Tony, but not without a bit of prompting. Make of that what you will.
39: Suggests Tony has changed his mind about who he thinks is scummiest... except he really hasn't.
40: Wonders how a suspect list (in this case, Tony's) is useful to anyone other than scum. I'd say it helps town by letting everyone know who you'd be willing to switch your vote to.
41: He then gets wrong how scum could use it to their advantage: If there's a player that everybody thinks is town, scum would likely want to kill that player. (Which then gives the doc a lead on whom to protect, which starts a logic chain that's going to give me a headache if I think about it too much.) He merely suggests that if the list's poster doesn't die, scum knows where they stand in the eyes of the dead player.
42: Says that Tony's unvoting Wall-E (who was at L-1) to wait for replacements is "wishy-washy". Really? I can understand why Tony would have been cautious and unvoted.
43: Decides Tony's not confident in his Wall-E vote/unvote.
44, 45: Declares that Wall-E's either scum or playing horribly.
46: Requests a deadline, then promptly avoids posting for two-and-a-half weeks. In fairness, it was over the holidays.
47-49: Contentless, just "need to catch up" posts.

corporate requested replacement over N1; Netlava replaced in.
Netlava:

0-2: "I'm busy, I'll post eventually."
3: Claims to have read the thread, but doesn't have any points past page 6. Votes the guy who is essentially confirmed to be either vig or SK.
4: Has no idea why Gamma shouldn't be lynched... perhaps I was too subtle.
5: Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling he's looking for an excuse to vote Gamma.

Does that clear things up, Wall-E?
WhereIsTony wrote:I was not saying we should lynch him. Just trying to encourage his replacement to step up, and explain/off theroies
Minor problem here: A lot of what Netlava would need to explain came from corporate. As such, only corporate would be able to fully explain why he did what he did.
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by WhereIsTony »

because I think an important job of a replacement is to asuage doubts about who they are replacing.

It sucks but otherwise scum could jump out and rely on a replacement if things go bad.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I'm going to go through your case and one-line anything I can dismiss as town being silly or you stretching.
Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Wall-E wrote:What is the case on corporate/Netlava?
Ignoring the irony of you asking...

PBPA: (numbers are to individual's posts in isolation)

corporate:

0: random vote - negligible, although in light of magisterrain's lurking, this may hint at something. I'll let you figure out what.
1: Switches random vote for a reason that he later claims is a joke, but it is not at all obvious at the time that it's just a joke.
2: Calls Nekka out on voting someone who'd done something even scummier than his own vote (put Atlas at L-3 instead of L-4).
3: Says he figured L-3 isn't dangerous; I'd argue that at this phase of the game, since L-3 is 57% of the lynch requirement, if 3 other players just decided to "randomly" vote Atlas, hey, he's been speedlynched!

4: ...hmm. Says his vote on Budja was just a joke, but also says that he pulled a random vote when he thought the game had left the random stage. On first glance, this vote would appear to be his vote on Atlas; looking in the context of the thread, I can see how he might have meant Budja. Then questions a vote with more motive than his had.
5: Attempts to defend himself by saying "we all know how flip floppy D1 votes can be." I'm sorry, I really don't like his defense. Atlas is hitting him hard, and he's having trouble coming up with reasoned defenses, is what this looks like to me.

6: Complains that Atlas is nit-picking and refuses to acknowledge that it's an invalid way of scumhunting. Again, it could be cracking under pressure.

7: Recommends we keep Gamma alive, misinterprets Wall-E's statement that he's testing the lynching waters, and dismisses Atlas's post #44 (which itself had good points for corporate being scum) as not worth paying attention to. Was he not going to defend himself? It sure seems that way.
8: Claims that he can, indeed, ignore post 44. And that Atlas "backed off" his argument with corporate. (Well, Atlas won.)
9, 10, 11: Tries to make a preemptive case on Wall-E for giving himself an excuse to lurk. I'm sorry, what?

12: Joins in RB speculation and congratulates Tony for thinking of it.
13: Suggests Atlas's confirm vote on him (for ignoring his question on where he backed down) is OMGUS.
14: The thread explosion he points out invalidates any lurking points he may have. Especially against Wall-E, who seems more active during the explosion than before it, and Atlas (through this point) has still been making multiple posts per day.
15: His "excuse to back out" defense, which he tries to use here, is looking more and more shaky each time he uses it.
16: Alleges that Atlas's posting eased up. (Over 24 hours. I rarely make more than one post per game per RL day anyway.) Atlas calls him on it in #184.

17: Suggests (again) that Atlas and Wall-E are scumbuddies conspiring to get him lynched.
18: Says he's not sure Tony is town. Except... wait a minute... let's look at post 12 again.
19: Claims he stated a case on... Wall-E, I guess, although Eek seems to think Atlas. Either way, I don't see it.
20: The entire post is as follows: "checking in thanksgiving is keeping me busy ill catch up when i can but i have a pretty full schedule this weekend." Well, the timing is somewhat appropriate, anyway.

21: Misinterprets Budja's post "I'll go with whichever wagon
on two specific people
(including corporate) town supports more" into "whichever wagon ends up lynching".
This might be your misinterpretation

22: Apology for lurking - Thanksgiving weekend. Passable.

23: Confirm votes Wall-E, but doesn't elaborate on why. ("For all the obvious reasons"? Really? Let's pretend I'm being slow. What are they?) And suggests that Gamma killing N1 is a bad idea. We now know that the kill he made didn't work out so well for us, but we weren't going to find ourselves suddenly in LyLo today, either, so I wouldn't have minded.
24: Attempts to use laziness as an excuse for not explaining his votes and insults Wall-E. Not that Wall-E hadn't been doing more than his share of insulting, mind, but two wrongs don't make a right.
25: Restates his suspicions (without reasoning, if anyone cares), wonders where Atlas is. Reasonable question; the answer appears to be that he left the site.
26: Tries to use meta as a defense.
27: Makes a halfhearted attempt to explain why he finds Atlas scummy.
28: Congratulates Gamma for complaining about MME's nitpicking; remember, corporate's 6th post complained at Atlas for doing the exact same thing. At least he's consistent.
29: Snaps at Wall-E for ignoring Jordan's case against him.
30: Suggests Atlas may need to be replaced; forgets the reasons at the beginning of the game for which he thought Atlas was scum.
31: Apology for missing the weekend.

32: "Nope, nothing's happened that would make me change my vote."
33: Requests that people be prodded. Gets told that people are probably just waiting on Atlas's replacement.
34: Points out that yes, he did say why he'd thought Atlas was scummy.
35: Again, supports a no-kill. I think this is likely a null-tell.

36: Slams Tony (a) based on a misinterpretation and (b) for roleblocker speculation... which, wait, he supported earlier on. I could very easily believe that this is bussing, especially since they're my top two suspects.
37: Backtracks from his previous post, but leaves the part where he slams Tony's RB speculation.
38: Suggests that if Tony thinks Wall-E is scum, he should be voting to put Wall-E at L-1. FoSes Tony, but not without a bit of prompting. Make of that what you will.
39: Suggests Tony has changed his mind about who he thinks is scummiest... except he really hasn't.

40: Wonders how a suspect list (in this case, Tony's) is useful to anyone other than scum. I'd say it helps town by letting everyone know who you'd be willing to switch your vote to.
41: He then gets wrong how scum could use it to their advantage: If there's a player that everybody thinks is town, scum would likely want to kill that player. (Which then gives the doc a lead on whom to protect, which starts a logic chain that's going to give me a headache if I think about it too much.) He merely suggests that if the list's poster doesn't die, scum knows where they stand in the eyes of the dead player.

42: Says that Tony's unvoting Wall-E (who was at L-1) to wait for replacements is "wishy-washy". Really? I can understand why Tony would have been cautious and unvoted.
43: Decides Tony's not confident in his Wall-E vote/unvote.

44, 45: Declares that Wall-E's either scum or playing horribly.
I'm not going to hold anyone suspect for declaring me scummy, since I *always* am.

46: Requests a deadline, then promptly avoids posting for two-and-a-half weeks. In fairness, it was over the holidays.

47-49: Contentless, just "need to catch up" posts.

corporate requested replacement over N1; Netlava replaced in.
Netlava:

0-2: "I'm busy, I'll post eventually."

3: Claims to have read the thread, but doesn't have any points past page 6. Votes the guy who is essentially confirmed to be either vig or SK.
4: Has no idea why Gamma shouldn't be lynched... perhaps I was too subtle.
5: Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling he's looking for an excuse to vote Gamma.

Does that clear things up, Wall-E?
Thanks! Your input is very much appreciated!
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Wall-E »

WhereIsTony wrote:because I think an important job of a replacement is to asuage doubts about who they are replacing.

It sucks but otherwise scum could jump out and rely on a replacement if things go bad.
I think it's more up to the town to use their discretion. Putting that burden on the replacer is unfair and counter-productive, imo.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Unvote: Vote: Netlava
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Magisterrain has picked up his prod and not posted. He will be replaced as soon as I can find another one.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Agreed, Trumpet. A lot of those things are holes in corporate's logic that I was picking up but couldn't quite place. All I really noticed was 36.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

I probably should have mentioned that I didn't intend for everything I put in that post to be used against corporate/Netlava. I just went through, wrote something for every post, and figured people could pick out the scummy actions on their own. Which you did.

Having said that:
Wall-E wrote:
Trumpet of Doom wrote:21: Misinterprets Budja's post "I'll go with whichever wagon on two specific people (including corporate) town supports more" into "whichever wagon ends up lynching".
This might be your misinterpretation
Budja in 290 wrote:True, Wall-E and corporate are my top 2 nightkill choices. I will go with the majority on one of those two.
corporate in 291 wrote:^^why go with the wagon. you dont care who dies?
Yeah, I might be misinterpreting it, but it's not easy to determine. Especially since the one player who would be able to tell us has left the game.

...and in case anyone cares, I believe your vote was L-1.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Then let's get a hammer and end this abysmal day.
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by WhereIsTony »

I think we should wait until he posts before hammering.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Barring him addressing that entire case, I don't see him convincing me to unvote him.
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by WhereIsTony »

likewise, but i would like to see him address it
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:43 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Any objections to my hammering?
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:02 am

Post by WhereIsTony »

I would give netlava a chance to respond, there is no rush.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Gamma »

If Netlava turns up scum, I say we kill tonight.

If not, stay put.
V/LA until I get a new computer
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:35 am

Post by WhereIsTony »

I think you should kill but not announce who you are going to kill.

I know I get flak for worrying there might be a roleblocker (even though I have never played a game with a vig without one) but the chance of it to me means.

you tip your hand the scum then know whether or not to block you.

you have proven your night kill ability.

SK or vig is still debatable but until we hit scum, I am not worried about the distinction.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:21 am

And remember, Gamma, you could just as easily hit a town PR as scum. SO step carefully, if you do kill.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Gamma »

;~;
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

And I'm back.

Not much unlike Wall-E's slightly homo-erotical love for Gamma during D1, I am loving ToD's input/dedication in this game. >_>

I don't have much time to read throught the topic at the very moment (other games are deadlined this week (ok tomorrow >_>)), but I agree on a netlava/corporate lynch.

[quote="Gamma]If Netlava turns up scum, I say we kill tonight.

If not, stay put.[/quote]
That's mah boy.

So, I wouldn't mind KoC hammering.
Eek
!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:04 am

Right, endorphins from getting my beloved laptop back are flowing - showtime.
unvote; Vote Netlava

Gamma, don't fuck up tonight or so help me God I'm going to hurt you if we ever meet.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Gamma »

You don't scare me.

A little bit.

Not at all.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 am

I have a black belt and a dai-ka-tana. And a rather spiffy trilby hat, but that's really just cosmetic.
So... twilight...
That was a shit movie.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Final Vote Count:
Gamma - (1) Netlava
Knight of Cydonia - (0)
magisterrain - (0)
My Milked Eek - (0)
Netlava - (3) RestFermata, WhereIsTony, Trumpet of Doom, Wall-E, Knight of Cydonia
RestFermata - (0)
Trumpet of Doom - (0)
Wall-E - (0)
WhereIsTony - (0)

With 9 alive, 5 votes will end the day.

After a very discouraging night, the band is set to solve the problem. After some discussion about different ways to hold an instrument, you notice Netlava seems quite comfortable holding an instrument right in his face. And straight out, too. Everyone slowly begins to start pointing fingers, and he becomes so discouraged he grabs his
....trumpet
and heads home.

Netlava
Trumpet Player (Mafia Goon)
kicked out of the band D2

Night actions within 72 hours please.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”