raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Juls wrote:And I don't want to abandon this game. It has some interesting dynamics to it and I would hate for Jebus to have wasted it.
QFT

I am loving the idea of picking our path and that someone watches at night. This seems to be a great idea for a game so not matter what I atleast want to see it played out.

I have no problem waiting for a replacement, but at some point the game will need to move forward.

Mod-Edit Votecount 2-4

Prom King - 4 (BSG, Juls, Rhinox, Korts)
Korts - 1 (freeko)

Not Voting - 5 (Megaflareon, Prom King, Lunar_Tick, Sipylus, Raider)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Currently seeking a replacement for Prom King, Lunar Tick, and Sipylus, in that order. Megaflareon has been prodded.

Deadline is in 18 Days, in case you happen to be wondering.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by freeko »

Interesting. Exactly enough people around to get one of the lurkers to be replaced out of the game.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Juls »

I have no problem with waiting for a replacement either.

Well, at least we had some activity in the game with the discussion. :)
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Jebus »

Vi replaces Prom King.

BSG has been prodded.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Juls »

Hi Vi! Good to play with you again.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Confirming in.

Good evening, middle of hostile nowhere!

It looks like I'm going to have to claim first thing. Fair enough... I am
seafoam
. I'm a Miller, because people confuse me with Ocean Spray (that disgusting canned drink from the '90s).

...wait, I think I missed something. I signed up for Water Mafia, right? *reads cue card* I'll come in again.

------

All kidding aside, Prom King is about as retarded as his username would suggest, to the point of making me wish for Social Darwinist programs. My role PM explicitly states that I win when the bad guys are dead, which is obviously the Town win condition. I'm going to guess that making the game keep going until Day 6 is an alternative win condition for the Town, since it makes flavor sense and I'm really not sure why that would be in the rules in the first place otherwise.

I do not know freeko's alignment. Why did Prom King intervene and call him Town? Again, terminal idiot. Expect him to make a guest appearance in my rulesets.

An post with suspicions will be forthcoming. I remember not liking Korts for some reason when I was skimming the first time, but I don't remember why.

-----

Also, hi Juls!
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Juls »

Vi, are you saying you aren't a mason?
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Vi »

Juls 356 wrote:Vi, are you saying you aren't a mason?
Ah, I forgot to mention that.
I am a Neighbor. I have not been explicitly told that freeko is pro-Town.
HOWEVER. Based on freeko's reaction to being outed as expressed in the QuickTopic I was given with my Role PM, I don't think he's Mafia.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Post by Korts »

Hi Vi!
Vi wrote: I remember not liking Korts
:'(

Also,
unvote

While I have a think about this.
scumchat never die
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Interesting, the story is changing alot, I think we do not have the whole story but atleast it is starting to make sense. Why would PK confirm him and then it not be true? Did PK know something you did not or was he just trying to get himself lynched?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Vi »

raider8169 359 wrote:Did PK know something you did not or was he just trying to get himself lynched?
The latter.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 am

Post by freeko »

Vi, just so you know. The caravan reaches the destination town on the start of day 6. That is listed in the game rules.
Prom King is about as retarded as his username would suggest,
QFT.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Vi »

freeko 361 wrote:Vi, just so you know. The caravan reaches the destination town on the start of day 6. That is listed in the game rules.
I saw, but I haven't seen anything that specifically says that anything happens at that point. It's heavily implied, but I don't see anything "in writing".

Rereading now.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Rhinox »

Yay! Vi came :)
Vi wrote:HOWEVER. Based on freeko's reaction to being outed as expressed in the QuickTopic I was given with my Role PM, I don't think he's Mafia.
You might think differently when you read the part where freeko said his role PM said he was confirmed...

OK, there is now an obvious solution here:

unvote, vote: freeko
for insisting he was confirmed when he's not. Lynch All Liars. If freeko is scum, I'm comfortable letting Vi live a while, but not as confirmed town.

If freeko is town, then Vi is
obvScum
probably scum for coming in and telling us freeko was not confirmed when he was (freeko said he was confirmed - if he's town, he's probably telling the truth).
Vi wrote:Confirming in.

Good evening, middle of hostile nowhere!

It looks like I'm going to have to claim first thing. Fair enough... I am seafoam. I'm a Miller, because people confuse me with Ocean Spray (that disgusting canned drink from the '90s).

...wait, I think I missed something. I signed up for Water Mafia, right? *reads cue card* I'll come in again.
Oh. My. God. Hilarious! (especially because I was practically typing up a post to confirm vote you for lying about your role, until I realized you were joking around). :) never a dull moment when Vi is around ;)
Vi wrote:Again, terminal idiot. Expect him to make a guest appearance in my rulesets.
hehe. Prof. Guppy has a friend.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Rhinox »

EBWOP:
Vi wrote:
freeko 361 wrote:Vi, just so you know. The caravan reaches the destination town on the start of day 6. That is listed in the game rules.
I saw, but I haven't seen anything that specifically says that anything happens at that point. It's heavily implied, but I don't see anything "in writing".

Rereading now.
Another Lie? Freeko says his role PM has an alternate win condition of making it to the next town, and Vi says his does not. At least one of freeko or Vi are probably scum... I thinking freeko, because scum-Vi could have gotten out of his lynch in a way that wouldn't have made him the obv lynch choice the next day.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:02 am

Post by Korts »

Rhinox wrote:EBWOP:
Vi wrote:

Rereading now.
Another Lie? Freeko says his role PM has an alternate win condition of making it to the next town, and Vi says his does not. At least one of freeko or Vi are probably scum... I thinking freeko, because scum-Vi could have gotten out of his lynch in a way that wouldn't have made him the obv lynch choice the next day.
Vi's claim makes me think that they're both scum, actually. PK I can easily imagine as having tried a crude gambit (claiming masons with a scumpartner) and pulling freeko with him; freeko's response fits the profile of wary scum going with the plan but ready to bus, and Vi's most recent claim of neighbour covers all bases in case of a lynch of either one of them.
scumchat never die
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:05 am

Post by Juls »

Hmmm...first off, thank you Vi for injecting some life into this game.

Now, knowing Vi, I don't think he/she (are you male or female btw?) would risk the gambit of scum claiming masons. But being that his/her predecessor may have done it Vi might be forced to roll with it. But then, I don't see why they would openly disagree about it during day for all to see.

Unvote

I am going to need to think about this. My initial read through I got some scummy vibes from freeko but I was inclined to believe his claim. I will do a re-read tonight with this new information and see if it fits.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Vi »

I'd better put this fire out now.
freeko 286 wrote:The reason you vote for PK is that I cannot confirm PK while PK can confirm me.
This post was made under the assumption that Prom King said HEY THIS GUY'S TOWN plain as day, and he was telling the honest and not-misguided truth about it (he wasn't).
Other than that, I don't see where freeko said that he was confirmed Town, except by Prom King's idiocy. In fact, he called himself third party (and I can understand why, but that's also false).

Nonetheless, I'm fascinated by how mislynching freeko gives you license to mislynch me as well.
Rhinox 364 wrote:Freeko says his role PM has an alternate win condition of making it to the next town, and Vi says his does not.
My Role PM's flavor says I only wish to get to the next Town.
It does not say anything game-mechanic-wise (as in, Your Win Condition Is) about doing so. However, I can see where the distinction could have been blurred based on the wording.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:19 am

Post by freeko »

Freeko says his role PM has an alternate win condition of making it to the next town
I said that my win condition is that I make it to the next town alive, this happens on day 6 (as the rules state). I have made the assumption on my own that surviving until day 6 would be the alternate win condition. It also says that I win when all threats to the caravan are removed.

This is what I have said from the start. The only lies are the ones you are choosing to fabricate out of twisting things away from what they really are.

Last side note, go look up Neighbor from the role wiki, it redirects to Mason. I presume that since we are not sure of each olthers alignments it is more correct to call us neighbors than masons.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

korts wrote: Vi's claim makes me think that they're both scum, actually. PK I can easily imagine as having tried a crude gambit (claiming masons with a scumpartner) and pulling freeko with him; freeko's response fits the profile of wary scum going with the plan but ready to bus, and Vi's most recent claim of neighbour covers all bases in case of a lynch of either one of them.
hmmm... good point actually. However, one of the 2 of them are lying, which means at least 1 of them are scum for sure. Freeko seems more likely to be lying to me, and if he's town, we're going to get Vi anyways. Freeko should be lynched first.
Juls wrote:But then, I don't see why they would openly disagree about it during day for all to see.
Well, Vi's claim post makes me think if they're both scum, thats not how Vi would have claimed... It would have been better IMO to keep with the story freeko already started, and then gotten out of the lynch by simply participating, to keep both scum alive, instead of really throwing freeko under the bus. But thats WIFOM, so maybe they are both scum... And if freeko is town, Vi basically just climbed into the coffin.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Vi »

I like how thinly veiled this is getting.

Vote: Rhinox
(L-5)

If he's scum, we lynch Korts-scum for being his partner.
If he's Town, we lynch Korts-scum for feeding his wrongness.

See what I did there?
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 am

Post by freeko »

unvote, vote: freeko for insisting he was confirmed when he's not. Lynch All Liars. If freeko is scum, I'm comfortable letting Vi live a while, but not as confirmed town
WHOA.. hoooold up. To say I missed this from rhinox in post #363 would be an understatement. I sorta skimmed over it and went right to the next post where I adressed that. hell I will even go right from a page of Rhinox's own book and make the quote further into or out of context and make it more damning.
If freeko is scum, I'm comfortable letting Vi live a while, but not as confirmed town.
Now get this right , right from the start. I do not even remotely care about the vorte. Look at the last part.

vote rhinox

Cry OMGUS all you want, but its not about you voting for me. Its about you not wanting people to live when they are confirmed town. Only reason for that is obvious.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Korts »

Rhinox wrote:hmmm... good point actually. However, one of the 2 of them are lying, which means at least 1 of them are scum for sure. Freeko seems more likely to be lying to me, and if he's town, we're going to get Vi anyways. Freeko should be lynched first.
Out of the two, freeko is more likely to be scum; but I don't really like how hard you're pushing the notion that one of them is definitely scum. My stance is that it's more probable that both are, but entirely possible that neither are scum. Vi makes a fair point about how you're setting up a Vi (mis?)lynch upon a mislynch of freeko.

unvote, vote: Rhinox

Vi wrote:I like how thinly veiled this is getting.

Vote: Rhinox
(L-5)

If he's scum, we lynch Korts-scum for being his partner.
If he's Town, we lynch Korts-scum for feeding his wrongness.

See what I did there?
Hehheh. For a second I thought this was serious and was ready to vote you for attacking me indirectly and without any hint at an implied connection.

Meanwhile freeko's reaction to Rhinox's vote seems overly hostile. I'm not sure what to do with this observation though.
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

korts wrote:Out of the two, freeko is more likely to be scum; but I don't really like how hard you're pushing the notion that one of them is definitely scum. My stance is that it's more probable that both are, but entirely possible that neither are scum. Vi makes a fair point about how you're setting up a Vi (mis?)lynch upon a mislynch of freeko.
You should read this post then, and see why at least one of them HAS to be scum... unless you think town have a reason to lie about their roles...
freeko wrote:I said that my win condition is that I make it to the next town alive, this happens on day 6 (as the rules state). I have made the assumption on my own that surviving until day 6 would be the alternate win condition. It also says that I win when all threats to the caravan are removed.

This is what I have said from the start. The only lies are the ones you are choosing to fabricate out of twisting things away from what they really are.

Last side note, go look up Neighbor from the role wiki, it redirects to Mason. I presume that since we are not sure of each olthers alignments it is more correct to call us neighbors than masons.
ORLY?? I'm fabricating lies? lets go back to the tape...
freeko wrote:We are actually what looks to be 3rd party masons.
Our victory condition (at least mine) is simply to get to the town alive on day 6.
I also have the town win condition of winning when all scum are found. It is unknown to me what PK's alignment is.
here you say you have the alternate win condition of making it to the town alive at the start of day 6. Vi does not have this condition, and town roles (me, occam) do not have this win condition explicitly stated. If you have it, you are the only one.

freeko wrote:I cannot directly quote my role pm, so I cannot really answer it better.
He knows my alignment (town)
, but I do not know his it seems. The last line of my pm says something to that effect. That I am not sure of his alignment.
Here you said PK knows you're allignment. Vi says PK doesn't know you're allignment. One of you 2 are lying.

freeko wrote:Just so you know korts, the caravan reaches the destination town on day 6. It is the last rule in the Other category.
PK and I
win by either siomply making it to the town or by finding all scum. (Would be hard to get killed if there are no scum left I think)
Here you say PK and you BOTH win by making it to the next town. Vi says PK does not have that win condition. Again, one of the 2 of you are lying.

freeko wrote:The reason you vote for PK is that
I cannot confirm PK while PK can confirm me.
again you say PK can confirm you. blah blah one of you are lying

freeko wrote:Rhinox has it right on the money when he said that
PK knows my alignment and I do not know his.
and again...

freeko wrote:Though I have the basic town win condition of "find the scum", I think I am likely to be an indifferent 3rd party.
As I only care about getting to the next town alive.
again with the alternate win condition...

freeko wrote:I know and
PK knows that I am town aligned.
I do not know his alignment though.
again with PK knowing your allignment...

Also, here's something else I found...
freeko wrote:If you all decide to lynch PK, then so be it.
I dont agree with this lynch,
but I understand why it would happen.
ORLY?
freeko wrote:So my scumdar goes something like this. I will gain information by the
lynching
of RS,Korts, or
PK
you said you would gain info from lynching PK...

freeko wrote:Anyways. My speculation is that PK is trying to hide something from me. He did not participate in the discussion at all. All he really did was force me into tipping my hand and making me need to claim my role all the more relevant to my survival. The problem always has been that I cannot confirm him, but he can confurm me.
you think PK is trying to hide something from you... (p.s. again with saying PK can confirm you)

freeko wrote: I want him replaced. hopefully his replace metn could do.. SOMETHING in the game where PK did nothing in our discussion thread in the last game night. Along with obviously being absent for this game day as well.
As an extension of this, I would not entirely mind him getting lynched
, as I cannot cofirm his alignment. The way the pm I have is worded is so that I am to be suspicious of his alignment right from the start.
here you say you wouldn't mind him being lynched...

freeko wrote:This is unfortunate, we are at an impasse effectively. Is there a possibility of modkilling if no one replaces?
here you say you want him modkilled if not replaced...

So why is it that when we were actually considering lynching PK, you said you didn't agree with it?
freeko wrote:Cry OMGUS all you want, but its not about you voting for me. Its about you not wanting people to live when they are confirmed town. Only reason for that is obvious.
*facepalm* Seriously? thats all you got? I've let it slide before you not reading and misrepping me, but now its rediculous. OBVIOUSLY, what I was saying is that if you are scum, then Vi can live for a while, but I wouldn't call Vi confirmed town if you are scum.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 am

Post by BSG »

Before I'll go into the things that has been said since VI's first post (welcome BTW), I'd like to know from Freeko what his role is called in the PM.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”