Mini 730 - Hard Nights in the City - OVER!

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Juls »

DCF, you lieing about your role just makes me want to give the game to Atronach. I will give you one more chance to fully claim your role. You have nothing to lose now except the game.
-------------------------------------
Juls
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by geraintm »

ok, just checking in, i shot porkens last night to clear that up. i'll look over the thread and make sense of it soon, ok
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Danchaofan »

Juls: All you need to worry about is that I'm anti town, I can kill (specifically I behead stuff) and I can role block.

This is going to assume atro/me are up in the air Juls, gera is town.

With that in mind let's make a wager- let's no lynch!

If you think I'm mafia rb and atro is the sk I'll rb atro and kill him atro kills me. I should be alive and atro should be dead tomorrow morning. Juls and gera should still be alive and you guys can lynch me because I'm a lying scheming mafia =)

However, if I am as I claim, a role blocking SK then when atro pops up dead tomorrow as a mafia then town lets me win =) ok... you can still lynch me but that wouldn't be in a gambling spirit.

unvote

If you guys accept my little wager, vote no lynch, I'll do the same later...

But before we do that, I want to get gera's opinion: The mafia have had what is quite possibly the easiest game, the sk hasn't cross killed, the the doc obviously was never active and mod-killed day 2, and the nurse was lynched day 1, yet, assuming, godfather-goon, the mafia have no way of winning this... So, don't you think it's far more likely to have a 3/1/8? Now, from your point of view it should be clear that either me or atro is the sk. Juls is up in the air and you are town.

The most likely scenario for a 3-man scum is juls-atro-pork, where juls and atro are probably goons (any pairing involving me is most likely null because it should be pretty clear that to the who the sk is my rb role is used by the scum then the sk is stopped from killing at night- If the mafia have a power role as well i.e. in the vein of rb or nk immunity where they can stop my kill then they pretty easily win). But the problem then is that town have no way of winning. If we no lynch and I stop the mafia from killing me, and kill another mafia we go 1/1/1 tomorrow except I can role block the mafia and we'll be at 1sk and you... town looses (if I don't rb the mafia the first night the mafia kill me and it's 1/1 and you loose). If we lynch one of the mafia then then I can role block the other but then tomorrow is just me and you, and you still loose.

If you have no other JOAT abilities then you cannot win in a 3/1/9 So what the mod said would be false (we'll assume it can't be) so we cannot be in a 3/1/9 therefore we must be 2/1/9 and you and juls are town and of me and atro one of us is sk and the other is mafia.

Still if we find it hard to believe that scum are so close to loosing in the near perfect game that they have had then the remaining mafia probably has some role besides a kill- I'm guessing something along the lines of nk immunity or maybe rb (and the sk should have something in that vein as well). In either of the cases we should still no lynch today and we kill each other tonight- except we can't. So we convene tomorrow all of us alive and then you can choose to lynch between atro or me. (if the mafia have any other role i.e. tracker, watcher or something it won't matter, I'll kill the mafia tonight =) )

If Juls or gera has any other possible scum team in mind point it out

If you still think we started 2/1/9 then we go with no lynch and see what happens tomorrow =)
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 am

Post by Danchaofan »

In summary, if town wants to win and thinks we aren't 3/1/8: no lynch. If town thinks we're 3/1/8 I'll look through the possibilities as to what we should do...
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Juls »

I have no doubt that we are NOT 3/1/8 because if there were two or more mafia today the game would be over. Mafia typically win when they comprise 50% or greater and also if there were 3 they would just lynch the serial killer and win. If there were two they would force a no lynch.

I have been thinking about it and if town is to win it's out of our hands. And the only way to make that happen is to no lynch.

Vote: No Lynch

If this is the wrong answer then sorry to town but it's the only way. I have been throwing around in my head this is the only way I can see.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:51 am

Post by geraintm »

ok, so let me follow this
there is me, townie
there is a SK
there is at least one scum, possibly 2

Question, if there is SK and scum left, who wins?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Juls »

Who cares? You and I are townie. Your interest should be in US winning. If that situation arises or does not, ask that question after the game.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Juls »

We need to just no lynch today. There is no way that I can see for town to win by lynching either of the remaining two. If we lynch one, then the other will be back tomorrow against one townie and therefore win. We have to hope they kill each other in the night, but if we lynch one, we hand the game to the other.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:18 am

Post by geraintm »

atronarch, you see any reason why i shouldnt as town vote for nu lynch?
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Danchaofan »

wait... so what prevents me from role blocking mr. mafia and killing one of the townies? :twisted:
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Juls »

why are you asking the SK for advise? I really don't understand?!?!? Unless you 3 band together it is going to be a no lynch. I am voting no lynch and it requires 3 to lynch. Those two are not going to go together because they WANT to kill each other. So please just vote for No lynch so we can go to night.
Juls
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:01 am

Post by geraintm »

post 547, i just wanted him to have chance to add to that
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Juls »

Just so you know, any more information that is discussed MAY reveal to the other two things that they have not yet thought about. It is better to cut off conversation and let them figure things out on their own on the chance that they have not figured it out yet. But if you want, by all means continue talking.
Juls
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Atronach »

Okay, DCF, town figured out how they can win. If you kill me tonight, you know you're next on the chopping block anyway. What's to stop you from NOT roleblocking me, we each pick a townie and take them down?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Juls »

Because you win in that case! You win when you make up 50% of the town. DCF's best bet is to kill you in the night and take a shot that you kill a town.
Juls
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Atronach »

But he can't count on that. He can count on me targeting him. Handing town the win. I am proposing an alliance.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Juls »

Well I will say this...it's going to be a no lynch today. If I make it to day 4
(And I propose geraintm do the same)
, then it will be one mafia, one serial killer, and one town left. The townie (me or geraintm) will give the game to the one that DOESN'T kill town.
@geraintm: Atronach's flavor is just "shot" and DCF's is "shot and beheaded".
@DCF: If you don't kill Atronach tonight then you will lose in a tie with him.
Juls
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Atronach »

You are assuming his win condition. None of us know that.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Juls »

DCF wrote:wait... so what prevents me from role blocking mr. mafia and killing one of the townies?
You do that and I will guarantee (if I am the remaining town) that you will lose the game because the town will have to vote for the winner. DCF, you are not going to win this game. It will either be town or the SK. It's your choice. You can either give the town the game by nightkilling Atronach or you can give the serial killer the game by taking his alliance or roleblocking him and killing a townie. The choice is yours. (
geraintm, lynch DCF tomorrow if you are the only townie left
)Personally, I think you should reward town for figuring it out and overcoming all the bold personalities in the game. What did Atronach do? Fly under the radar...good job lurker. And he is trying to trick you into him winnin the game. At least I am being honest with you...I am telling you I am trying to get the win for the town...but if you are the one that kills town then you shouldn't get the win.

All my cards are on the table. The choice is for DCF to make. Please vote no lynch geraintm so the day will end!
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Atronach »

Juls, I have just three things to say to you:

1) I have posted in this game every single day it's been open. You can call me a lot of things, but lurker isn't one of them.

2) You can use words like 'honesty' and 'tricking', but I think they look strange in a game of mafia. You play to win, and in mafia that sort of involves tricking people. I don't take it personally when it's done to me; I hope that goes the same for all. Anyway, I'm fighting till the end.

3) None of this takes away from the fact that this game has been a blast for me- I couldn't have asked for a better first game. :D
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Juls »

So then all thats left is for DCF to decide who he wants to give the game to. Why don't you just vote no lynch and we can be on our way to finishing it.
Juls
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Votecount: Thing's are heating up!

No Lynch (1): Juls
Danchaofan (1): Atronarch

Deadline: Thursday, February 5th 10:30 PM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Atronach »

unvote
btw
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Juls »

Atronach, do you know that No Lynch is actually a valid vote. I know you are somewhat new, just want to make sure. Most games require only 50% to vote no lynch to actually have a no lynch. In other words, we don't have to go all the way until the deadline for it to take place. If you want talk to continue that is fine, I just wanted to make you aware of that.
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Atronach »

Yes, just wanted to see what DCF says. If he says nothing, I have to assume he is going after me, so I'll go after him and town wins.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”