Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:29 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote: This is blatant fishing...
Yes, it is. Too bad I didn't get a better bite.

----------------------------

Plum, Glork cannot vote for actual players. That makes him pretty much useless this game. It also makes him too easy of a target. I doubt he is scum because I doubt Mirth would make it that easy to locate scum. This is in no way meaning Glork is cleared of any suspicion, I just think it is more likely that he has a post restriction that makes him appear to be useless and I am willing to look elsewhere for scum for the time being.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Plum wrote:Kmd, what are your thoughts on Isacc now that he's explained his attempted gambit? Still scummy? Elaborate? What about Sly?
Yes, I still think Isacc is scummy. I've seen scum say stupid things and try to pass it as a Gambit before. His plan was scummy as hell, Gambit or not.

Sly, every time I want to think he is town does something scummy. I was almost willing to believe his claim, as vague as it was, but then he fishes for Cow's role. I'd be ok with a Sly lynch.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Sly - d4 - [Dahill, Elvis, des, imaginality, cow, Darox]
Des - c2 - [Sly]
Isacc - a7 - [Kmd]
PJ - g3 - [Glork]

Not Voting - e5 - [Caf, Plum, Isacc]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:42 am

Post by dahill1 »

i say kmd should hammer
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:42 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote: Sly, every time I want to think he is town does something
scummy
unusual.
fixed.

Ever watch Blue's Clues? The town needs to sit down in their thinking chair and think. Cause when we use our minds and take a step at a time, we can do, anything....that we wanna do.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Plum »

dahill1 wrote:i say kmd should hammer
Why the preference, out of curiosity?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:47 am

Post by dahill1 »

Plum wrote:
in the unlikely-but-still-probable-due-to-sly's-vagueness-over-the-lynch-not-going-through case that sly is a supersaint
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Plum »

dahill1 wrote:
Plum wrote:
in the unlikely-but-still-probable-due-to-sly's-vagueness-over-the-lynch-not-going-through case that sly is a supersaint
Probable? I'm not sure about that. I believe Imaginality suggested that such might be the case and Sly never confirmed nor denied it. Sly, can you tell us if your role might imply any supersaint-like qualities?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:53 am

Post by dahill1 »

Plum wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
Plum wrote:
Probable? I'm not sure about that. I believe Imaginality suggested that such might be the case and Sly never confirmed nor denied it. Sly, can you tell us if your role might imply any supersaint-like qualities?
sorry misphrased that
didn't mean probable as in likely, but probable as in more likely than not
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:58 am

Post by SlySly »

Plum wrote: Sly, can you tell us if your role might imply any supersaint-like qualities?
I have said all that I can say about my role.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think Sly being a Super Saint makes sense.

I think the comment regarding the fishing was scummy as hell.

I think myself going down if he is a Super Saint is better than Plum going down because it would eliminate the distraction of suspicion on me and Plum has been relatively protown.

Vote SlySly

Let's see what happens.

If I die from this, my final suspicions are Isacc, Imaginality, and Cow.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Mirth »

It appears as though y'all have made up your minds about this killing business. Well, don't me stop you. Lynch scene next post.

Votecount

Sly - 16 - [Dahill, Elvis, des, imaginality, cow, Darox, Kmd]
Des - 59 - [Sly]
PJ - 8 - [Glork]

Not Voting - 12 - [Caf, Plum, Isacc]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Mirth »

The poor fools gathered around one of their own, SlySly, quiet sure that he was an evil bad nasty person who kicked puppies, and someone had the brilliant idea of making him dance the Tyburn jig. Well, as eccentric as Mirth was, they couldn't find a ready-made gallows in her backyard (at least one that wasn't being used as a tire swing and didn't have a "Touch and Die" sign on it that they wisely choose to heed), so our intrepid heroes(?) decided to MacGyver one together. Someone apparently had a ball of yarn (something about it being a kitten defense system or such), and they found a young pear tree that might almost possibly perhaps hold Sly's weight (they weren't sure how much he weighed, as, well, it *was* the internet and anyone could turn out to be Eugene, the overweight, balding, 49-year-old truck driver). After rigging a broken rollerskate to act as some sort of pulley, they wound a length of yarn (it was the sparkly novelty kind) around Sly's neck, around the sole remaining wheel of the skate, and tied it to a hula hoop which someone thought to harness to a donkey. Why there was a donkey there, no one was quiet sure, but Elvis was rather sad she couldn't make sweet sweet love to alpacas, as there were none around for miles. Anyway, the donkey, which was enticed away from the tree with a couple of twinkies and a stale dinner roll, succeeded, after much straining and wheezing, to haul Sly up about 6 inches off the ground, enough to snap a normal person's neck or strangle them to death or something, but Sly just hung there nonchalantly, getting rather bored and annoyed that he was going to miss his Gilmore Girls reruns if they left him up there all day. Well, the other townsfolk, after much grumbling amongst themselves, decided to just leave him up there for making them waste a perfectly good ball of yarn, and continued on with the day.

Day 1 continues, nobody is dead yet. But y'all are getting a deadline:
Monday, February 16, 11:59 PM EST
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:29 am

Post by dahill1 »

vote slysly
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Isacc »

@Kmd: How was my plan scummy? He wouldn't have had to test it to the point of being modkilled. I wanted his reaction, not his death.

If you do not believe I am telling the truth, then you must already be suspicious of me: can you provide reasons for your distrust of me, plan obviously not being one of them?

If you do believe I am telling the truth...well then you shouldn't find my plan scummy, so I'll discredit that possibility.

@Everyone: Here's something I noticed. It would seem Glork cannot vote for real players. However, the vote count still requires a majority as if there were really 12 votes. If Glork was incapable of voting for a real player, why would his vote be included in the majority count? I think this may suggest a fake PR or perhaps something related to his role. Anyways, I thought it was an interesting thing to note.

@Everyone, part 2: So what do we think about the lynch? Does the flavor discredit SlySly's roleclaim, or is it just done so that Mirth can screw with us and we won't know if he's really a Sasquatch? Personally, I think the second is more likely, and I'm inclined to believe that Sly's role claim was honest.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by SlySly »

You guys almost made me miss Rory and Lane's first gig. I would have been so pissed.

-------------------

Dahill, why are you continuing to waste time voting on me? I think it is obvious that the time for Sly hunting is over and it is time for all you time wasters to actually start looking for scum.

-------------------

unvote:Des
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Plum »

Isacc wrote:@Everyone: Here's something I noticed. It would seem Glork cannot vote for real players. However, the vote count still requires a majority as if there were really 12 votes. If Glork was incapable of voting for a real player, why would his vote be included in the majority count? I think this may suggest a fake PR or perhaps something related to his role. Anyways, I thought it was an interesting thing to note.

@Everyone, part 2: So what do we think about the lynch? Does the flavor discredit SlySly's roleclaim, or is it just done so that Mirth can screw with us and we won't know if he's really a Sasquatch? Personally, I think the second is more likely, and I'm inclined to believe that Sly's role claim was honest.
1. Mod-WIFOM won't get us tpp far, and my gut instinct is that we both need seven to lynch
and
Glork can't vote someone actually playing this game. There's a simple way to test this, though: Ask him to vote for a player in this game. Either he'll do it and it'll work, or he'll do it and it won't work, or he'll refuse and be forced to explain more.

So, Glork, would you mind voting for, say, me, at least long enough to see if it'll appear on the votecount? Whether or not your PM says it will work (unless you risk a modkill or something; if so, please speak up about that), please.

2. Flavor - or at least the unsuccessful lynch - strengthens Sly's claim, at least his claim-flavor. Am I ruling out the possibility of him being sasquatch-scum? Absolutely not. Can we try to lynch him again if we feel it's necessary or would be beneficial? Absolutely.

For now, I'm going to follow a new-ish lead and see where it takes me. EK, I've noted my suspicions of you. Care to respond?

Vote: elvis_knits
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm wondering if slysly wasn't saved by drinking lemonade? And could it work twice?

Plum -- you posted suspicions of me? I don't remember that. I'll look back and see.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Is this it? You have a problem with the me seeing sly's slip?
plum wrote:Imaginality suggested it and EK echoed it in no uncertain terms. When Sly explained the above reason as to why he specified 'you (townies)', she deftly changes the subject. Fos: elvis_knits.
Well, I have noticed that people never like it when I call out slips or tells. I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe it's because other people don't rely on gut-reaction tells as much as I do. I tend to hit on small things that don't make sense to me. Often, a small thing will make me look harder at a person, and either through questions or through looking at their other posts, I get more (or less) convinced of them being scummy. Maybe this is not how other people work?

Anyway, I do sometimes get caught up in wording. Because I think it can show how a player is subconsciously considering themselves. If they are putting themselves in the town group, or out of the town group. That's pretty significant to me. Other things I have seen, a player voting someone they consider town, a player slip and name an exact number of scum in a game. That is pretty much defnitely a scum slip. I try to notice things like that. You may not agree with me. It's not an exact science, but it helps me a lot.

As to "deftly changing the subject" I don't remember doing that.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:19 am

Post by caf19 »

hasdgfas wrote:Wait a second. So I'm scummy because I'm focusing my suspicion on Sly and continuing to push him(which is not scummy at all, it's just that I find him scummiest and will continue to push him until I see a reason not to).
Minimal scumhunting? That's a joke. Just because I'm focusing on sly doesn't mean I'm not paying attention to everything else that's happening. I haven't seen anything that I felt needed pressure or more explaining from anyone else.

Why is being able to focus on anyone tomorrow scummy? Would it be scummy if I, say, thought that kmd was scummy today then changed my mind tomorrow after rereading? How is that any different than what I'm doing?
i think you're missing the point (or perhaps I didn't phrase it well)... I'm not saying pushing someone is anti-town (because it isn't, obv). But in the instance I referred to, you were asked if you had any suspicions on anyone else, and you deflected the question by directing your answer entirely towards Sly. You didn't even just say this:
I haven't seen anything that I felt needed pressure or more explaining from anyone else.
which would have been a bit better; you explicitly referred to SlySly being "so scummy that it overwhelms the game", using aggressive choices of semantics to hammer the point home. In a nutshell, answering "Is anyone apart from Sly scummy?" with "Sly is scummy as hell" is not good.

As for Sly's non-lynch... we are definitely in mod-Wifom-ville here. It appears that Sly's claim of being a sasquatch has been given weight, but whether he is a town sasquatch or a scum sasquatch is unclear. The prospect of having an anti-town player who resists the lynch is somewhat overpowered and unlikely (anyone here seen one in a game before?), but especially in a game such as this one we can't rule it out. Still, time to explore some other avenues.
Darox wrote:
Isacc wrote:Darox continues to frustrate me. He rarely posts anything original, and his content is more often the "Who would win" than anything else at all. The only time I think I see him making an actual argument is against SlySly.
What?

Maybe I'm not reading the game enough, but I felt I was at least posting
something
original.

And I think you are all together being distracted by what is superior to what, and either not realizing what I mean, or ignoring the rest of the post in which it arrives.
I mean, it's not like they are even that distracting. Shiny rocks are way more distracting than comparative statements, any day of the week.
The comparisons aren't that distracting (at least, not compared to all the other crap we get in this game), but you avoid the other, more valid point: you haven't brought up any evidence against anyone who isn't Sly in a long time. Got anything to contribute in light of this point, especially now that Sly hasn't died?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

ok caf, but now that I have clarified, what do you think?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Glork »

Got ze prod, vill reed soon.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:56 am

Post by imaginality »

Questions for SlySly:

Vhy did you trrrink lemonade before lynch attempt?

Did you know vhat effect it vould haf beforre you drrinked it?

If not, do you now know vhat effect it haf?

Vhy did you not answer Kmd when he asked this earrlier?

SlySly wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: Sly, you are at L-1. Please claim as closely to fullclaim as you are allowed. Also wondering what happened after you drank the lemonade just now.
I have said all I can say about my role.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:10 am

Post by SlySly »

imaginality wrote: Vhy did you trrrink lemonade before lynch attempt?
Dramatic effect.
imaginality wrote: Did you know vhat effect it vould haf beforre you drrinked it?
I assumed it would have no effect.
imaginality wrote: If not, do you now know vhat effect it haf?
It had no effect.
imaginality wrote: Vhy did you not answer Kmd when he asked this earrlier?
Was no need.

---------------------------

Imaginality, you should be looking elsewhere for scum, unless, of course, you are scum. Why are you continuing to waste time on me?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:25 am

Post by dahill1 »

ok thoughts on the current situation:
we know that sly cannot be lynched, but this raises a couple of other questions. is he completely unlynchable or just 1-shot? is this ability indicative of town or scum alignment?

personally, i still think sly is scum and him not being lynched may have validated his claim but not his aligment

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”