Mini 735 - Bad Times In Kuribonia- Game over!

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Qanqan wrote:Ok, I do think Prof. Guppy has been quite suspicious, in a sense. He has been lurking, and defending Reecer. However, I checked his past games, it seems lurking is just what he does... (oh btw, ambiguous question to anyone, is checking peoples' past games poor sportsmanship?)

... But monkeyman, so far on posts 23, 49, 72, 132 and 136 you have attempted to force suspicion on others, by using sometimes flimsy logic to make agressive accusations in hopes of a bandwagon. In posts 59, 61 and 139 (and others) you have twisted words, by making them mean something they don't. E.g.
MonkeyMan576 wrote: So I guess our strategy, should be to avoid lynching people based on scummy behavior:sarcasm:.
Prof. Guppy was saying that all townies make suspicious sounding comments every one and a while, which is true, half of the players so far have said something 'scummy', and I'm pretty sure there isn't 6 Mafia (That would be scary). But your comment is borderline irrelevant, and is arguing againts something he basically didn't even say.

Don't get me wrong, I think Prof. Guppy is suspicious, I am
not
defending him (or not trying to), he would probably be the 3rd person I would vote for, right after you.

And technically, in your attempt to get Prof. Guppy lynched, you're defending Reecer. If that doesn't scream mafia, I don't know what does. :o
I'm not defending Reecer at all. I'm all for a Reecer lynch. I just think it's too early in the day. If there's something that screams mafia, it's trying to end day too quickly when we could get more info.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:57 am

Post by qwints »

Prof. Guppy wrote:
Tovarish wrote:That's your defense? Wow, you're no better than reecer, just asking us not to lynch him on trust. And how am I scummy again?
You've gone from picking on Kieran, to picking on reccer, to picking on me. I get the feeling you just want somebody lynched, and you don't bloody care who. You tell me why that's not scummy.
This is exactly what we should be doing on day 1. Putting people on various people and seeing how they and other react. Sticking on one person early on the game is unhelpful to the town. Even if they are obvscum, there are still others out there. This is not to say that jumping on every possible wagon isn't suspicious, just that being suspicious of multiple people is a good thing. Furthermore attacking someone for being scummy is not picking on them.

FOS: Prof. Guppy

As to the "thinking" v "knowing" point. The only "role reveal" that gives any information without going to night and is pro-town is a mason. (Or am I missing a role that could come up in a normal?)
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Tovarish »

Prof. Guppy wrote:
Tovarish wrote:That's your defense? Wow, you're no better than reecer, just asking us not to lynch him on trust. And how am I scummy again?
You've gone from picking on Kieran, to picking on reccer, to picking on me. I get the feeling you just want somebody lynched, and you don't bloody care who. You tell me why that's not scummy.
It's called looking for scum, as opposed to lurking. Try it some time.

And Monkeyman was just making a joke about Prof. Guppy's claim that everybody makes scummy comments, essentially the same claims made by Reecer. Nowhere does Monkeyman defend Reecer, if he was scum, he'd push the quicklynch- rather than taking the excessive time in the game to find more scum.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Kieraen
Kieraen
Goon
Kieraen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Kieraen »

Reecer6 wrote:Ummm...'
UNVOTE

Also Kirean, I RWALLy think you are innocent now, so, can we Pm other people during the day part?
´

I STILL want clarification on this. REECER what do you mean by this? This for me is still the guiltiest phrase so far in the game...

Are you infering that I have private messaged you or can PM mean something else? If so why are you making this accusation? Its not pro town as its a lie, (im townie but i dont expect any of you guys to believe it) and attacking pro town isnt positive.

I want answers, or I maintain my vote.

I suspect TOVARISH a little less now though he does seem rather lynch happy. He does seem to be an aggressive player but I have no problem with that. I will maintain an eye of him. Im not sure if he is lynch happy mafia or trigger happy tonwnie, however I think Lynch 1 amd day 2 will reveal that.
Show
Record:
0-8
3 Abandons

Bad bad record...
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by qwints »

Kieraen wrote: I suspect TOVARISH a little less now though he does seem rather lynch happy. He does seem to be an aggressive player but I have no problem with that. I will maintain an eye of him. Im not sure if he is lynch happy mafia or trigger happy tonwnie, however I think Lynch 1 amd day 2 will reveal that.
It's not trigger happy if you're not actually lynching people.
houseofcards
houseofcards
Townie
houseofcards
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by houseofcards »

i agree with qwints,right now i think tovarish or kieraen are scum
GO CARDINALS!
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Tovarish »

Care to explain, or do you want to get in line with Reecer?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by kuribo »

Day 1
Vote Count III- The Dream Warriors

Reecer- 5 (Kierean, QueenofHearts, Qanqan, Polymorph, qwints)
Prof. Guppy- 1 (MonkeyMan576)
Kierean- 1 (houseofcards)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Post by ting =) »

I was browsing through the game. Prof. Guppy, you've never cast a vote.

Any reason why? If you had to cast a vote on someone right now, who would it be? Why?
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

ting =) wrote:I was browsing through the game. Prof. Guppy, you've never cast a vote.

Any reason why? If you had to cast a vote on someone right now, who would it be? Why?
I like to withhold my vote until I'm sure someone is scum. In my first game, I changed my vote every time I posted. I almost got lynched for it.

If I had to vote now, I'd probably vote Reecer. I'm not sure whether he's scum or town, but he's our best lead right know.

I was thinking of waiting until someone else voted him, so I could hammer, but I decided against it.

Vote: Reecer6
That's L-1. Reecer, please claim now.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Reecer6
Reecer6
Goon
Reecer6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Reecer6 »

Prof. Guppy wrote:Reecer, please claim now.
Roleclaim? OK
I am the cop.
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Tovarish »

Nobody even think about hammering Reecer, we still have a long time left today- time that could be used to find other scum.

In any case, I don't believe Reecer's claim for a second, especially when he said he knew MM's role. I'm not saying that MM was scum, but I don't see any chance in which Reecer would have been able to check MM's role. Not buying Reecer, but a short day is only going to do the remaining scum a big favor.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
houseofcards
houseofcards
Townie
houseofcards
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:00 am

Post by houseofcards »

/unvote /vote prof. gumpy you could of waited at L-2 and asked him to claim i think now ur just hoping someone is an idiot and does a quick lynch.
GO CARDINALS!
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:33 am

Post by ting =) »

No on the claim. Not without a night start could you have known anything about MMs role. There's a tiny chance I might have bought mason. Definitely not cop.
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Tovarish »

What's your read on the good Professor ting?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Reecer6
Reecer6
Goon
Reecer6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Reecer6 »

Well actually, I thought MM was Day Cop.
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Tovarish »

Are you a jester?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

So who do you think is mafia, reecer?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by ting =) »

@tov.
I'm fairly convinced reecer is scum. I'm relatively certain that both, or at least one of Kier/MM are his buddies. It's possible reecer was just trying to implicate them with his posts, but I really don't think so.

Since that's three, I'm guessing the prof is probably town. We might have 4 scum, but I think I've only ever been in one mini with 4 scum.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:12 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

ting =) wrote:@tov.
I'm fairly convinced reecer is scum. I'm relatively certain that both, or at least one of Kier/MM are his buddies. It's possible reecer was just trying to implicate them with his posts, but I really don't think so.

Since that's three, I'm guessing the prof is probably town. We might have 4 scum, but I think I've only ever been in one mini with 4 scum.
It's day 1, and you're "relatively certain" that you know who 2, possibly 3 mafia are? You're sure you don't want to revise that?

My reason for saying so, is if reecer is actually scum, then what he is saying about other players should be taken with a grain of salt. No?
Kieraen
Kieraen
Goon
Kieraen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Kieraen »

UNVOTE

too early for lynch.

Not sure I believe REECER however, his behaviour has been strange.
Show
Record:
0-8
3 Abandons

Bad bad record...
Kieraen
Kieraen
Goon
Kieraen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 am

Post by Kieraen »

I am not scum. I have been perhaps one of the greatest attackers on REECER, and it was I who initialy attacked him for his claiming of suspicion against myself and TOVARISH.
I will lynch him if needs be (probably soon as i feel i have long been suspicious of him), but I want answers to who he thinks is suspicious, why he twice claimed suspicion on the people with the most votes but gave no evidence as to why he felt this way, and what the post 108 meant?
Show
Record:
0-8
3 Abandons

Bad bad record...
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:31 am

Post by ting =) »

MM wrote:It's day 1, and you're "relatively certain" that you know who 2, possibly 3 mafia are? You're sure you don't want to revise that?

My reason for saying so, is if reecer is actually scum, then what he is saying about other players should be taken with a grain of salt. No?
I can't see Reecer as anything but scum. He has posts that implicate both you and Kier.

And yes, I'm taking what he said about other players with a grain of salt:
ting wrote:It's possible reecer was just trying to implicate them with his posts, [snip]
'Relatively certain' might seem like strong phrasing for day one, but I honestly think Reecer just botched his play today. I could think of a couple of elaborate scenarios where all three of you are town, but the simplest explanation is that he just plain screwed up. His posts implicate you a lot more than they do Kier though, so if I had to pick, you'd be my vote if Reecer flips scum.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:41 am

Post by ting =) »

@kier.
I've honestly had you pegged as town since the day started. From my point of view though, how many
likely
interpretations can you think of for Reecer's post 108? Obviously, I take back my accusations if Reecer flips town, but I'm really doubtful of that happening.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:14 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Reecer6 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:Reecer, please claim now.
Roleclaim? OK
I am the cop.
You do realize that's a common Mafia claim, right? It doesn't save you from the rope. I'm going to leave my vote on you, for now.

@Tovarish, I know you still think I'm scum, because my scumhunting technique is, for lack of a better word, crap. Truth be told, I have never been good at this game. While I may not agree with your method, I'm convinved it's genuine. For what it's worth, I think you're town.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”