Mini 732: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Mafia (Game Over!)

Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

I'm gleaning from the thread that JK is a powerful role so I think its most likely that scum would nk me?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Malyss wrote:It seems doubtful that the scum would have chosen not to make a nightkill, so either Tony was the one calling in the order and got roleblocked or the scum tried to target me (if the scum making the action was Megatheory), or Tony Montana was targeted while being jailkeeped (or is it jailkept?) by Danchaofan. If Hasdgfas did indeed bodyguard Porochaz, then either Porochaz wasn’t a target since Hasdgfas survived or Porochaz could possibly be scum.
Just clarifying, you know hasdgfas is bodyguard not jailkeeper, therefore if I was scum I would be free to kill, correct?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

Danchaofan 3 (TonyMontana, Porochaz x2)
Megatheory 2 (Gorrad, hasdgfas)
hasdgfas 1 (Rishi)

Not Voting: 6 (Danchaofan, Plum, fuzzylightning, Master Ruck, Malyss)

With 11 alive, it takes six to lynch.

72 hour prod going out to fuzzylightning (thought just barely).
Last edited by Glork on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Rishi wrote: I don't think we should direct vig kills either.
Why? The collective judgment of a whole town is much better than a lone vig. I suppose this would reduce the effectiveness of scum protective roles.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Has everyone claimed there night choice then, i have read through but for some reason my mind isn't comprehending.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Gorrad »

N1, we shouldn't direct the vig. Not yet. Later, we'll see.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Gorrad wrote:N1, we shouldn't direct the vig. Not yet. Later, we'll see.
I don't get it, but okay.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Rishi »

Megatheory wrote:
Gorrad wrote:N1, we shouldn't direct the vig. Not yet. Later, we'll see.
I don't get it, but okay.
It's too easy for the scum to find a workaround at this point.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

I think we get enough information from (possibly) 2 N1 kills that N2 onwards it's better to direct vig. I trust that you can make a reasonable decision N1 regarding our kill.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Plum »

Danchaofan wrote:I think we get enough information from (possibly) 2 N1 kills that N2 onwards it's better to direct vig. I trust that you can make a reasonable decision N1 regarding our kill.
I agree with this. New discussion avenues - are there any?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 am

Post by Rishi »

Plum wrote:
Danchaofan wrote:I think we get enough information from (possibly) 2 N1 kills that N2 onwards it's better to direct vig. I trust that you can make a reasonable decision N1 regarding our kill.
I agree with this. New discussion avenues - are there any?
We should probably lynch someone. Any suggestions?
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Vote Porochaz
Porochaz is a doublevoter. If he made the kill last night, his power is not working today. Unless Glork screwed up the last two vote counts. So...

Glork
are the last two vote counts correct?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Porochaz »

If I were scum and I had made a kill the previous night then I highly doubt that I wouldnt be able to double vote. Firstly because it would make it really easy. Second, it doesnt say it in the role PM or the rules.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Plum »

Megatheory wrote:
Vote Porochaz
Porochaz is a doublevoter. If he made the kill last night, his power is not working today. Unless Glork screwed up the last two vote counts. So...

Glork
are the last two vote counts correct?
I approve of this thought process; excellent observation there. That said, I'd like to get confirmation from the mod on how the Doublevoter's votes show up in the votecount, just for clarification purposes (perhaps the mod anticipated this? Can't see any harm in asking, anyway) and whether Day powers (like mine or Porochaz's) are blocked the next day if the player in question sent in the Mafia's kill. If his power isn't working today according to votecount rules, and Day powers are affected if the player sent the Mafia's kill Porochaz, it would seem, did make the kill, and would be caught scum.
Mod, how does a Doublevote show up in the votecount? Do Day Actions work if the person using them sent in the Mafia's kill the night before?
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

o wow, that would be an easy catch for scum then. If MT's theory isn't right (as it wasn't mentioned in the role pm and would be really mean for our mod to do to our scum (not that I care about our scum or anything)), then who would you all propose be lynched?

Could it be possible that my jail keep kept tony from making the kill?

also, should rishi protect fuzzy and fuzzy aims at people he think are going to get nk'd?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Porochaz wrote:If I were scum and I had made a kill the previous night then I highly doubt that I wouldnt be able to double vote. Firstly because it would make it really easy. Second, it doesnt say it in the role PM or the rules.
I agree with this. The way a Smalltown works is that someone gives up their night action to kill. Day powers are in no way effected.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Danchaofan wrote:o wow, that would be an easy catch for scum then. If MT's theory isn't right (as it wasn't mentioned in the role pm and would be really mean for our mod to do to our scum (not that I care about our scum or anything)), then who would you all propose be lynched?
It would border on bastard modery if nighkills shut off day powers, but I think it's worth a shot for now.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Glork »

Plum wrote:
Mod, how does a Doublevote show up in the votecount? Do Day Actions work if the person using them sent in the Mafia's kill the night before?
That was mod error. Vote counts should be correct now. Apologies for the confusion. MAFIA members making nightkills only forfeit potential NIGHT actions, as indicated in the rules.

-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Thank you for the clarification Glork, and Dan, I don't really see that working, because if we say who I am going to be watching in the thread, there are too many work-arounds for the scum to give me a bad read on who they are, such as not killing that person because they know that someone is watching. The first part of it is fine but I don't think we should discuss potential NK's in the thread as it gives scum more info than they need.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Danchaofan »

fuzzylightning wrote:Thank you for the clarification Glork, and Dan, I don't really see that working, because if we say who I am going to be watching in the thread, there are too many work-arounds for the scum to give me a bad read on who they are, such as not killing that person because they know that someone is watching. The first part of it is fine but I don't think we should discuss potential NK's in the thread as it gives scum more info than they need.
You wouldn't announce in thread, you would just pick someone who you think mafia would want offed and watch them. When they turn up dead in the morning, you tell us who targets them and we lynch him/her.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:19 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Danchaofan wrote:Could it be possible that my jail keep kept tony from making the kill?
Theoretically, Yes.
Actually, No.
There's also the possibility of you lying, because you are scum.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:05 am

Post by Rishi »

I hate when smalltown games devolve into a puzzle rather than actually trying to figure out who is scummy.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:28 am

Post by hasdgfas »

TonyMontana wrote:
Danchaofan wrote:Could it be possible that my jail keep kept tony from making the kill?
There's also the possibility of you lying, because you are scum.
What's this now?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:31 am

Post by TonyMontana »

scenario hypothesis.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Malyss »

The puzzle part hurts my puzzler.

Porochaz wrote:Just clarifying, you know hasdgfas is bodyguard not jailkeeper, therefore if I was scum I would be free to kill, correct?
Yes, I am aware that hasdgfas is a bodyguard and not a jail keeper. I said, “either Porochaz wasn’t a target since Hasdgfas survived or Porochaz could possibly be scum.” Meaning, either the scum did not select you as a target because they wanted to target someone else, or they did not target you with a night kill because you are one of them.

Assuming that a night kill was attempted and fizzled and players were honest about their night actions, then it could have been made against any of the following players: Danchaofan, Malyss, Tony Montana, or Porochaz.

Or the night kill could have been directed by Tony Montana whose action would have been prevented by Danchaofan’s jailing of him.

Or Porochaz could be scum and the night kill was deflected by either Rishi’s protection of Danchaofan or Danchaofan’s jailing of Tony Montana.

Or Megatheory could be scum. Then again, if he was on the scum team, why not have him vig and have another person on the scum team make the night kill choice to get double the killing power? Other than to keep with his policy on not vig killing on N0...

Or Plum, Gorrad, or Master Ruck.

I know that I feel like I'm repeating myself as I try to make sense of the potential actions and how they affect the situation.

Perhaps Danchaofan's jailing of Tony Montana might have come as an unexpected move when the scum chose who to have hand in their night action to the mod. On N0, there would be the potential to harm the town by jailing players who have actions, which could benefit the town, such as the doctor, the body guard and the watcher. There would be some sense to jailing someone like Plum who has a day action, Gorrad, Porochaz or Tony Montana.

hasdgfas wrote:I decided to be a bodyguard for porochaz last night. Since he's one of the more experienced players I figured he'd be a target.
I find it interesting that hasdgfas would bodyguard a player based solely on the player being more experienced and not apply his ability to protecting a player with a more helpful night action such as the doctor or the jail keeper?

Perhaps hasdgfas and Porochaz could be two of the scum players? There could be some logic to having Porochaz make the scum night choice while hasdgfas bodyguards him to protect Porochaz from potentially being offed by the serial killer or the vigilante.

I'm still learning some of the intricacies of the game and this may be a stupid question. Theoretically speaking, if the scum player who is sending in the scum team's kill action to the mod is killed during the night, would the scum team's kill still go through?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”