Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by destructor »

That is, why would I fake it? And then start posting in English?

What info in my role PM, that I shared with Zazie, would compel either of us TO FAKE A PR?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by SlySly »

Darox wrote: What question?
I looked back through my posts and couldn't find it. I think I typed it in and must have deleted it somehow doing preview/edit. Forgive me for questioning that you ignored it, please, as it appears to be an oversight on my part.

Anyhow, can you tell us anymore about your fascination with the superior of any two things? It really seems like confusion posting to me.

--------------------------

unFoS:Kmd
for now

Your translation was much better than mine. The translator I am using does not like the russian that has been posted. It won't translate it at all. I will search for another one to use.

---------------------------
destructor wrote: ...can't find a good answer for why I, as town or scum, would have started posting in German and then stop...
As town, obviously it is going to be more helpful for the town if you post in english and if you only have to speak it part of the time, unlike your predecessor according to her posting, that would be best, just as imaginality is doing.

As scum, your german skills could be really bad, as mine are, and you feel much more comfortable spinning things and defending yourself in english. If you don't have a PR, like your predecessor claimed, it makes perfect sense for you to play her scummy lie off to better fit your needs.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:57 am

Post by caf19 »

Caf, if that's as far as you can think, you aren't thinking at all.
Apparently I am not, as I still can't make sense of your plan. As far as I can tell, the furthest destructor can possibly survive is Day 2: if he agrees and doesn't post in German for the rest of the day, he will then either continue not to post in German and probably get modkilled at the end of Day 2, or he will get lynched by us in Day 2. To this effect, the test seems rather like a Salem witch trial. His way to prove his innocence is by dying...

In any case, destructor's recent comments on the more cague nature of his role seem to indicate that the test won't prove much anyway.
Isacc wrote:Guys, I asked Destructor's agreement. Everyone else's consent was not necessary.
Yes it is, because you require half the town's compliance in order to lynch destructor if he posts in German. Or am I not thinking at all again? :roll:

--

Time to revive an ancient point. elvis: ages ago you said you were searching for something but it hadn't been mentioned yet. Has it come up at all yet?

Also, a friendly reminder that you can still
buy:lemonade
if you happen to want some refreshment and/or want to help me out.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:40 am

Post by caf19 »

caf19 wrote:In any case, destructor's recent comments on the more
cague
nature of his role seem to indicate that the test won't prove much anyway
EBWOP: vague*
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Sly - 11 - [Dahill, Elvis, des, imaginality]
Des - 10 - [Cow, Isacc, Sly]
Kmd - 2 -[Darox, Plum]
PJ - 1 - [Glork]

Not Voting - 2 - [Caf, Kmd]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1
Orange Juice Bought: 1
Hard Cider Bought: 1
Coat Racks Bought: 1

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Isacc wrote:
Destructor:
You must not post in German ever again in the thread. Period. If you make another post in German, you will be lynched. Got it?
Isacc wrote:@Darox: He claims he will die if he doesn't make any posts in German. This will tell us if he is lying.
So if he speaks German, you want to lynch him. If he doesn't, and he lives, you'll want to lynch him. If he doesn't and dies, then well...he's dead. What the hell is this Isacc?
Isacc wrote:Why should you risk being modkilled? Because otherwise, I don't buy that you ever had to speak in German at all. Prove yourself, or be scummy. Your choice.
Prove himself by being modkilled? How is that protown. "Hey guys, if Des stops posting in German and gets modkilled, it means he was telling the truth! Let's see if it happens!"

Vote Isacc
unless you can tell me how any of your plan regarding Des makes sense.
SlySly wrote: I do not have any immunities. What I do have is abilities. Other than what I have already said, that is about as clear as I can make it without tempting the Wrath of Mirth, which I have already unintentionally treaded far too close to, as it is.
No immunities? Likely NOT unlynchable then. And I assume you aren't allowed to fullclaim judging by this post in combination with your actions so far.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Plum »

Kmd, while I don't agree that there was absolutely nothing wrong with your 'that's interesting' post at all etc., it pales in comparison to Isacc's recent posting. Destructor has explained the vague nature of her PR-ish-thing well enough for me, and I'm satisfied with her deciding how much German she wants to post as a safeguard against getting modkilled. I don't ned nor want her to risk being modkilled, and I think that attempting to put Des in a position where she has to risk being modkilled to prove that she's not lyning is so far from necessary and so drastic that Isacc is scummy for having done so. Threatening that it's for Des'
own good
etc. just makes it look, well, even scummier.

Unvote; Vote: Isacc

Analysis of Sly's positions and claims hopefully coming tonight (am at school now, and don't have the time to give it the attention I'll need to. See you then).
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Isacc wrote:Guys, I asked Destructor's agreement. Everyone else's consent was not necessary. I hope you will all trust me in that I think Destructer will agree to my demands, for his own good.
I don't see how making him modkill himself is for his own good.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:16 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote: And I assume you aren't allowed to fullclaim judging by this post in combination with your actions so far.
There is the one tidbit of information, the one I spoke of previously, still that I can reveal. I will reveal it if the majority of the town steps forward and requests it of me, but that has not been the case so far.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:18 am

Post by dahill1 »

don't see where isacc's going with this
i think sly should claim
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:59 am

Post by SlySly »

I read back over my role PM and I was mistaken. I cannot reveal the remaining tidbit of information that I thought I could.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Isacc »

Alright, well, my gambit failed, because you all ruined it and completely missed the point. I guess I will just explain it, and we'll be back where we left off.

I didn't expect to push it till he was modkilled. I figured there were four possibilities, and they had four distinct reactions...however they all relied on him agreeing, which he didn't, which pisses me off (uncooperative = fail).

Town/honest = Acceptance with a tone of resignation to his death. Sort of martyr look to his response. This would result in me letting him post in German again.

Town/lying = why this would be the case, I don't know. I didn't factor this in, since he'd have to be retarded to fake a PR as a townie.

Scum/honest = Acceptance would be complimented by a tone of fear, and of an eagerness to end the day before he was modkilled.

Scum/lying = Acceptance would be super calm. He wouldn't really be concerned, due to the fact that he knew he wouldn't die.

There, now you all see. I hoped there'd be enough pressure to have him accept, but then everyone suddenly turned against it so fast, that it failed miserably. Had he accepted, I feel very strongly that the tone of his reaction would have told us a lot about him. However, now, we shan't know. I never expected, though, to have it last till a modkill.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:24 am

Post by hasdgfas »

unvote, vote Sly
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Darox »

Isacc wrote:Alright, well, my gambit failed, because you all ruined it and completely missed the point. I guess I will just explain it, and we'll be back where we left off.

I didn't expect to push it till he was modkilled. I figured there were four possibilities, and they had four distinct reactions...however they all relied on him agreeing, which he didn't, which pisses me off (uncooperative = fail).

Town/honest = Acceptance with a tone of resignation to his death. Sort of martyr look to his response. This would result in me letting him post in German again.

Town/lying = why this would be the case, I don't know. I didn't factor this in, since he'd have to be retarded to fake a PR as a townie.

Scum/honest = Acceptance would be complimented by a tone of fear, and of an eagerness to end the day before he was modkilled.

Scum/lying = Acceptance would be super calm. He wouldn't really be concerned, due to the fact that he knew he wouldn't die.

There, now you all see. I hoped there'd be enough pressure to have him accept, but then everyone suddenly turned against it so fast, that it failed miserably. Had he accepted, I feel very strongly that the tone of his reaction would have told us a lot about him. However, now, we shan't know. I never expected, though, to have it last till a modkill.
I can't imagine why you thought he would ever accept it in the first place.

In other news, what are you doing sly?
First you claim you're a Sasquatch and imply you would be hard to find/kill, then you say you don't have any immunity, then claim you'll reveal specifics if the majority wishes. Then you reveal that you're not allowed to claim specifics on pain of modkill.

I mean seriously, a Sasquatch? It's nowhere near as good as a Yeti.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by SlySly »

Darox wrote: In other news, what are you doing sly?
First you claim you're a Sasquatch and imply you would be hard to find/kill, then you say you don't have any immunity, then claim you'll reveal specifics if the majority wishes. Then you reveal that you're not allowed to claim specifics on pain of modkill.

I mean seriously, a Sasquatch? It's nowhere near as good as a Yeti.
Well, as a sasquatch, I am hard to find and kill. As far as specifics, there is a lot of information and conditions in my PM and it has taken me many reads to know exactly what I can and can't say about it. Throughout my postings, I have focused only on the points of my PM that dealt with the topics at hand. Since we were getting back to my full claim, I went and did a reread to see just exactly what I can say and I discovered that I really can't say anymore.

Are you going to answer my question from post 451?

Yeti ain't got crap on me, his shoe size is only a 24, mine is a 36. I will squash Yeti like a cockroach.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 am

Post by destructor »

Hi, I'm back home a bit for the weekend.

I saved a copy of the game and did some reading offline over the last few days. I have better notes on my laptop, which I didn't bring back with me, so I'll post them later.

I didn't like the attack on Kmd over his Zaz vote/comment on said vote. It seemed a bit trivial and something about the amount of steam it caught seemed really unnatural, so I figure some scum were involved there.

Not sure what to think of Isaac's recent shenanigan. It wasn't a good plan, but I haven't worked out whether he was being sincere about it.
Sly wrote:As scum, your german skills could be really bad, as mine are, and you feel much more comfortable spinning things and defending yourself in english. If you don't have a PR, like your predecessor claimed, it makes perfect sense for you to play her scummy lie off to better fit your needs.
What?
1. I'm using google's translator. I don't know how to speak or read German.
2. How am I playing Zazie's "scummy lie" off to better fit my needs?

Why are you continuing to push this ridiculous theory?

Does anyone remember Darox doing anything notably pro-town?
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by caf19 »

@ Isacc: I can't really see how you ever expected that gambit to be accepted by destructor and/or the town. Still, I don't think you look particularly scummy as a result, so we are, as you say, back to where we were before this started...

...which is, that SlySly is the most suspicious player to me, and I'm selling lemonade. Yup.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Isacc's plan had no hope of working. This is the second game I've seen him do this (make bad hopeless plans). I don't know if it means anything about his allignment though. I still think we should lynch Sly.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by destructor »

Deutsch Deutsch Deutsch Deutsch Deutsch Deutsch
Der schnelle braune Fuchs sprang über den faulen Hund.

Kätzchen!
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-V_6_lY10
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

elvis_knits wrote:Isacc's plan had no hope of working. This is the second game I've seen him do this (make bad hopeless plans). I don't know if it means anything about his allignment though. I still think we should lynch Sly.
Is that game finished? If so, what was Isacc's alignment? And do you have a link and post number where the bad plan occured?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: 1. I'm using google's translator. I don't know how to speak or read German.
Duh. I think it is safe to say that most of the town doesn't speak german.
destructor wrote: 2. How am I playing Zazie's "scummy lie" off to better fit my needs?

Why are you continuing to push this ridiculous theory?
Ridiculous? Your predecessor said she couldn't post in english. She must have been lying since you are now posting in english. So, you are playing her lie off that she couldn't post in english now so you can post in english without others thinking there is anything wrong with it. The ridiculous part is you acting like there is no relevance in this.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by destructor »

SlySly wrote:Ridiculous? Your predecessor said she couldn't post in english. She must have been lying since you are now posting in english. So, you are playing her lie off that she couldn't post in english now so you can post in english without others thinking there is anything wrong with it. The ridiculous part is you acting like there is no relevance in this.
The part of all of this that makes you look like total scum is that you haven't even come close to explaining why I would bother to continue her lie only to start posting in English in my next post.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Isacc »

@Kmd: it was Wheel of Time mafia, where I flipped town. Plus, I never suggested we did the plan in that game, it was just...idk I made a weird post that I don't remember why I did. Lol...
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote:The part of all of this that makes you look like total scum is that you haven't even come close to explaining why I would bother to continue her lie only to start posting in English in my next post.
The part you seem incapable of comprehending is that you have chosen to not continue her lie by posting in english. She never posted in english and even stated that she couldn't.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

SlySly wrote: Ridiculous? Your predecessor said she couldn't post in english. She must have been lying since you are now posting in english.
Do you think it's at all possible that they simply interperated the Role PM differently?
Isacc wrote:@Kmd: it was Wheel of Time mafia, where I flipped town. Plus, I never suggested we did the plan in that game, it was just...idk I made a weird post that I don't remember why I did. Lol...
What similiarites do you think EK is seeing that can be applied here?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”