Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by destructor »

I forgot to mention,
Mod:
I'm going to have limited access for about three weeks. I can try to get on every few days (2-3ish). If this is a problem, please let me know and I can help search for a replacement.

Nah, des, you stay. I like you too much to let you replace out :twisted:
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by destructor »

SlySly wrote:When I replace into a game, I read it in its entirety before I start contributing. I'm not suggesting you stop contributing, but I would think town would be more concerned with being informed. I can see how scum can just jump in and start posting uninformed, but not town.
And I assume you had the time you needed to do so AND less to catch up on than I. You're not making any sense about scum being more capable of posting without reading than town.
Sly wrote:
destructor wrote: Why did you think getting me to reveal something like this about my role was even slightly worthwhile? Isn't that pure fishing?
I just want to know if there is a reason for your bravery. A simple yes/no answer would be fine. I wasn't expecting you to reveal anything.
A Yes/No answer is revealing.

You specifically mentioned how your question to me was related to your own role. Your own role is meant to have an ability that is extremely useful - some sort of invulnerability or something. Why would it have been useful to get some insight into whether or not my own role had such an ability?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by destructor »

Actually, how the hell would I answer yes/no to your question anyway?

Jeep is probably not scum.
Unvote
Vote: Sly
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Sly - once - [Dahill, Elvis, des]
Des - upon - [Cow, Isacc]
Kmd - a -[Darox, Plum]
Isacc - midnight dreary- [Imaginality]
PJ - while i pondered - [Glork]

Not Voting - weak and weary - [Caf, Sly, Kmd]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1
Orange Juice Bought: 1
Hard Cider Bought: 1
Coat Racks Bought: 1

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: You're not making any sense about scum being more capable of posting without reading than town.
Scum already knows who is scum, they don't need to be informed from the text.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by dahill1 »

srsly can someone explain to me how sly's role can be confirmed or how people are getting the idea that lynching him results in no lynch?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Darox »

He name claimed Sasquatch (I think) and implied that as a Sasquatch he couldn't be caught, suggesting lynching him would fail. If we lynch him and it does fail, it would pretty much confirm some type of lynch immunity.

Personally I think a Sasquatch has nothing on either a Yeti or ManBearPig.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: You specifically mentioned how your question to me was related to your own role. Your own role is meant to have an ability that is extremely useful - some sort of invulnerability
or something
Or something would be the better descriptor. I cannot elaborate on this without risk of modkill.
destructor wrote: Why would it have been useful to get some insight into whether or not my own role had such an ability?
When scum hunting, any tidbit of information can be helpful. My being sasquatch is the root of my fearlessness in buying the lemonade, though I may be being naive and taking too much stock in flavor, and I was curious as to the root of your courage. I don't really care about it anymore, at this point in time, as you have displayed scumminess in other ways. I am in support of your lynch now, but I will hold off with my vote for the time being. You would just call it OMGUS anyway.

---------------------------

Darox, why have you avoided answering my question? Are you unable to elaborate or just choosing not to answer?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by SlySly »

Oh yeah, who is Jeep?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Darox »

SlySly wrote:Oh yeah, who is Jeep?
It's a well known off-road vehicles brand. It's easily better than land rovers, no contest.

What question?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by destructor »

SlySly wrote:
destructor wrote: You're not making any sense about scum being more capable of posting without reading than town.
Scum already knows who is scum, they don't need to be informed from the text.
You're still not making sense. Being scum doesn't magically inform you of the content in the game.
Sly wrote:When scum hunting, any tidbit of information can be helpful. My being sasquatch is the root of my fearlessness in buying the lemonade, though I may be being naive and taking too much stock in flavor, and I was curious as to the root of your courage. I don't really care about it anymore, at this point in time...
What you did makes more sense as fishing than scum hunting. Do you disagree? And have you stopped caring about it because I've pointed out how anti-town it was?
Sly wrote:... as you have displayed scumminess in other ways. I am in support of your lynch now, but I will hold off with my vote for the time being. You would just call it OMGUS anyway.
I would call it OMGUS if all you said was "NO U!"

If you have a case, post it.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by SlySly »

Darox wrote: If we lynch him and it does fail, it would pretty much
confirm some type of lynch immunity
My PM does not state any lynch immunity but it does state a few specific things about my abilities as a sasquatch which I cannot elaborate about other than saying I am as elusive as one would expect a sasquatch to be. A failed lynch on me would more confirm my elusiveness as a sasquatch. I'm sure if I can be found and caught, I can be killed. If Ted Nugent is a player in this game, I may have more to worry about than I think.

------------------------------------------------
destructor wrote: You're still not making sense. Being scum doesn't magically inform you of the content in the game.
I'm making perfect sense, you just don't like it. Being scum magically informs you of who the other scum are. When scum joins a game, they don't even have to read the game, they know who the scum are already and can just jump in and start causing confusion and jumping on bandwagons, because they already know who they want to lynch; anyone who isn't scum.

This combined with your new ability to speak english, thanks to another translation that I didn't do, make me think you are full on scum.
destructor wrote: What you did makes more sense as fishing than scum hunting. Do you disagree? And have you stopped caring about it because I've pointed out how anti-town it was?
Call it whatever you want. I don't care. Your not reading the game is more anti-town than anything I have done. Town needs to be informed and you don't even care if you are. That is because you already know who is scum.

Call this whatever you like too.

vote:Destructor
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by destructor »

Everyone note that Sly decides to push aside the irrationality of his fishing after I point it out and instead vote me for not having read the entire thread, despite the fact that I'm contributing regardless, and me posting in English. Apparently this makes me the scummiest player in the game.
Sly wrote:I'm making perfect sense, you just don't like it. Being scum magically informs you of who the other scum are. When scum joins a game, they don't even have to read the game, they know who the scum are already and can just jump in and start causing confusion and jumping on bandwagons, because they already know who they want to lynch; anyone who isn't scum.
This is a pretty freakin weak argument. And it's not perfect sense at all. You're being incredibly selective in how you're applying these ideas (which are tenuous) to my play:
You're COMPLETELY neglecting the fact that I've stated that I haven't had the time to read the whole game.
You're COMPLETELY neglecting the value to the scum-hunt in me contributing instead of posting nothing if I were to only read.

Are you really going to suggest that neither of the two points I bring up are relevant?

There is not much else to say about speaking German, but see what dahill said about his alien posting stuff.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Isacc: What do you think of Sly's case on destructor?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: Everyone note that Sly decides to push aside the irrationality of his fishing
Duly noted. I was wondering if you were a sasquatch too.
destructor wrote: and me posting in English. Apparently this makes me the scummiest player in the game.
When your predecessor supposedly said she could NOT post in english, it sure seems like she was dishonest about that fact. You old timer MSer's know about LAL, even though, in my experience, that policy really seems to only apply to me. :lol:
destructor wrote: You're COMPLETELY neglecting the fact that I've stated that I haven't had the time to read the whole game.
Uninformed time posting is time better spent becoming informed.

destructor wrote: You're COMPLETELY neglecting the value to the scum-hunt in me contributing instead of posting nothing if I were to only read.
How much can the uninformed really contribute?
destructor wrote: There is not much else to say about speaking German, but see what dahill said about his alien posting stuff.
Now you are using dahill's post as your defense? Nice.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Plum, I said "that's interesting" after I asked Sly about his role and I found his answer interesting. In context, I see nothing wrong with that post. If I'd lurked for 8 pages and came in with that, you'd have a point. But I find it interesting that he seems to know next to nothing about what happens if we lynch him.

Who would I vote now? Well I'd almost want to vote Sly, but as weak as his claim looks, my gut tells me he is telling the truth. I'd have been fine voting Coheed, but Cow seems more protown than he did. The only votes I could come up with wouldn't have much backing them (Glork, Darox, Imaginality). I do get a strong town read from dahill, you (Plum), and EK. I keep changing my mind on Isacc. Leaning town right now. Destructor seems like a decent vote, but only because of the English posts which he explained. I'll try and get a better look at this game tomorrow if I end up being able to leave my house tomorrow (snow storm). If not, I'll get to it Thursday.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by destructor »

Is Sly making little sense to anyone else?

Without wanting to get into a quote war:
I didn't confirm or deny if I was a sasquatch. So, yeah, dunno why you're noting anything.
LAL is good play in certain situations. I don't see how this is one of them.
Your ideas of what "uninformed" players can or should do is at best an opinion and nothing else.
Bullshit about me using dahill's post as a defence. I was obviously using it as supporting evidence for my own explanation.

Your question to me about the lemonade still makes no sense as town play, Sly.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by destructor »

SlySly wrote:
destructor wrote: You're COMPLETELY neglecting the value to the scum-hunt in me contributing instead of posting nothing if I were to only read.
About this. I think I've contributed a fair amount since I replaced in. That alone pretty much completely kills your argument that pro-town players can't be useful until they've read everything.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

destructor wrote:
SlySly wrote:
About this. I think I've contributed a fair amount since I replaced in. That alone pretty much completely kills your argument that pro-town players can't be useful until they've read everything.
It definitely helps to read everything though...
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: I didn't confirm or deny if I was a sasquatch. So, yeah, dunno why you're noting anything.
You said everyone and I now know that you are not a sasquatch so my original questioning to you no longer matters.
destructor wrote: LAL is good play in certain situations. I don't see how this is one of them.
She, supposedly, said she couldn't post in english and now you are posting in english. She was lying. LAL
destructor wrote: Bullshit about me using dahill's post as a defence. I was obviously using it as supporting evidence for my own explanation.
supporting evidence = defense

---------------------------------------------
Kmd4390 wrote:
destructor wrote: About this. I think I've contributed a fair amount since I replaced in. That alone pretty much completely kills your argument that pro-town players can't be useful until they've read everything.
It definitely helps to read everything though...
Thank you.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

If Zazie/Des's role says something like, "Post in German or die", it can be interperated a couple of ways. It can be seen as, "All German, no English" which Zazie did. It could also be seen as, "Make sure there is some German in some of your posts" which is what Des is doing. Basically, there is no guarantee that one or the other lied. It may just be different interpretations which is what I'm starting to think.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by SlySly »

Plum wrote: Well, hell, if you're on board with this plan, who am I to refuse :P?
I think spending this day on others is the best plan. The only reason I would be onboard with imaginality's plan is because if my suspicion about one of my abilities as a sasquatch is correct, the results would somewhat prove my suspicion. I don't know for sure that I will be able to slip through the lynch. Proving myself right is not that important but in the heat of battle when someone is rubbing your nose in something, sometimes you spout off with arrogance just to show someone up. 'that's a nice full house, but take a look at these 4 aces, baby!' and that is all great until they comeback with 'oh yeah? read this this straight flush and weep'. I'm from Texas, need I say more?
Plum wrote: First, if so, why did you not simply say straight out after you were questioned, that you were mostly frustrated?
Only after seeing the words so eloquently spoken by imaginality did they enter my mind. If I had thought of phrasing it the way imaginality did, I probably would have. I am a big user of sarcasm and the foreign language stance seemed like a good sarcastic stance to take at the time. I still have not translated any of the foreign language posts but the few translations that have leaked out have been helpful. I still wish someone would translate them all but I guess I can wish in one hand and poo in the other and see which fills up first.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by SlySly »

Here is my attempt at translating Zazie. I don't know how good the translator I am using is.

-------------------
ZazieR wrote:Lügen! Sie haben mich nie vorher gewählt, KMD! (denke ich…)
Vote KMD
<3 dich

(Ich bin so slecht auf Deutsch :()
Tell a lie! They have me never beforehand aware, KMD! (think self)

Vote KMD <3 thee

I am so (slecht?) in German

-------------------
ZazieR wrote:
KMD wrote:Gibt es keine Lügen gibt. Ich war gespannt auf Abstimmung, bevor Sie das Spiel einmal begonnen.

(Du bist besser Deutsch als ich.)
Scheint wie es :D.
kmd says:
is it no lies gives. self was tense on vote , before she the game first begun. you are better German when self.

Zazie says:
seems how it

---
ZazieR wrote:
KMD wrote:What does anyone know about lawn gnomes?
Ich habe keine Ahnung...
(^^Die einzige Satz, die ich von meinem Kopf kenne :D)
I have no idea...
(^^the only one sentence , the self of to my head know)

---
ZazieR wrote:
Caf wrote:I do know, however, that you should buy some lemonade.
Haben Sie Beweis, daß wir Ihnen vertrauen können?
do you have proof , that we you confidence ability?

---
ZazieR wrote:
VC wrote:Zazie - 268976 - [Plum, caf]
Glork - 4998899999 - [elvis]
Sie haben mehr Stimmen als ich
they have more voices when self

---
ZazieR wrote:
Caf wrote:That is all. I'd love to tell you what happens when you buy it, but I don't actually know.
:shock:
unvote vote Caf19

FoS SlySly

Er kaufte Limonade, ohne zu wissen, was es tun könnte.
he shopped Limonade , without to knowledge , what it do might

-----------------------------
ZazieR wrote:Nein :sad:
Wenn ich könnte, wurde ich, wie ich Deutsches hasse.
no
when self might , became self , how self German haters.

-----------------------------
ZazieR wrote:Mirth liebt Kittens...
Das ist, warum ich eine überraschung habe:
Wenn meine private Anzeige korrekt ist, dann liebe ich auch Kittens
Mirth loves putty. that is , why self a surprise property :
when mine private announcement correct am , then love self also putty

--------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing, I do a crude translation of 3 posts and seemingly have ran across Zazie and Kmd discussing telling lies, thinking self, and some sort of pre-game knowledge about something.

That sure seems scummy to me. I feel just fine about my vote.

FoS:Kmd

I think more translation is at hand. Can someone tell me what languages Imaginality and (Plum, Glork and Kmd) are/were posting in?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Darox »

Zaizer wrote:Lie! You have never previously voted, KMD! (I think ...)
Vote KMD <3 you

(I'm so bad at German :()
Zaizer wrote:
Kmd wrote:There are no lies there. I was anxious to vote before the game even started.

(You're better at German than me.)
Seems like it :D.
Zaizer wrote:I have no idea ...
(^ ^ The only sentence that I know from my head :D)
Zaizer wrote:Do you have proof that we can trust you?
Zaizer wrote:You have more votes than I do
Zaizer wrote::shock:
unvote vote Caf19
FoS SlySly

He bought lemonade, without knowing what it could do.
Zaizer wrote:No :(
If I could, I would, how I hate German.
Zaizer wrote:Mirth loves Kittens ...
That is why I have a surprise:
If my private ad is correct, then I also love Kittens
A slightly better translation.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by Darox »

And of course, Deutschland is infinitely better than those tossers in France.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”