Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I tried to get some voting going, and Tenchi is FoSing for it.

vote count

wall-e (2): strangercoug, seraphim
tenchi (2): wall-e, popsofctown
peter? (1): tenchi
seraphim (1): zazier
strangercoug (1): hp [leaves]

not voting: everyone else

with 9 alive it is 5 to lynch
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Tenchi »

hp [leaves] wrote:Do you prefer a no lynch, Tenchi?
Scum-Tenchi: Of course not.
Town-Tenchi: Of course not.

Bad and useless question. I smell somebody hoping I'd make another noob mistake like "STFU".

===========================================
popsofctown wrote:I tried to get some voting going, and Tenchi is FoSing for it.
NOPE. You tried to have an idler park his vote.

If you wanted discussion to go, you should do it what by Wall-E is doing: challenging people to speak up and by asking useful questions. Or by what I'm doing, posting anything suspicious that I see in the posts.

In this LYLO situation, town should be even more careful on how they throw their votes around. Scum of course would just jump on any bandwagon they want.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Tenchi »

EBWOP:
In this LYLO situation, town should be even more careful on how they throw their votes around. Scum of course would just jump on any bandwagon they want
(I forgot this is a special case.)

Regardless, in any game in any situation, town should be careful with their vote, moreso if they are leaving for an expected long period. In my case, I suspect Wall-E is town, and if Seraphim is town that would be 2/5 town voting against me. They only need 3/4 scum to do some magic bandwagon to lynch me, especially this early and this time when most of you are lurking and not even posting anything.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Tenchi »

1-15: Small talk, rules and random voting

16: TownHP asks the controversial question: "Are we told the way of killing or we just find/not find dead bodies? "

19: First non-random vote: Wall-E votes TownHP for the killing question.

20 & 23: TownDoc defends TownHP.

27: Wall-E proves that TownHP's statement could also be a scumtell (making the statement a null-tell)

32: In the middle of the discussion of Korts/Doc alt, Sekinj's first post in the game is a shout-out to Wall-E. (former relationship or game relationship?)

33: Wall-E responds with a "grunt".

34: I didn't understand it on the first read through. I question Wall-E to explain his stance further.

35: Blueheaven notes TownHP's experience in playing this game and that TownHP as scum would be more cautious to ask the question through PM.

39: I didn't get a reply from Wall-E yet, so I asked TownDoc my question at 34.

44: Peter notes that 35 is WIFOM.

46, 48 & 49: TownDoc answers my question but I had to ask again since it doesn't answer my original question. TownDoc explains.

50 & 51: I asked Doc whether he now shares Wall-E's position. I suspected him of conceding the argument too easily. TownDoc replies prudently.

53: I lose all leads.

54, 55 & 56: Zazie posts a HUGE post. But everything is just reacting on all the nonsense that has been happening. Blueheaven gets an FoS and a purple monkey. I don't understand why. Zazie explains (in a more verbose fashion) the same thing Peter said in 44: that BH's observation is a playstyle argumentand flounders in WIFOM.

58 & 59: TownDoc suspects Zazie for not FoSing him despite that both BH and him made the same mistake. Zazie explains that she already has her vote on him and felt no need to address anything additional. I thought this is irresponsible since her vote was perceived to be a random vote at that time, TownDoc and everyone clueless of the "real reason". Had TownDoc not asked about it, it would have remained there parked. If a reason for voting somebody changes, especially from a random voting stage to a serious vote, then it should be stated.

60 & 61: TownPops asks for a summary of the significance of TownHP's question. Zazie explains how the information is useful for town, and just says later that she disagrees with it. Acceptable response but incomplete.

62, 64 & 65: TownDoc asks Zazie if his logic is false. Zazie explains why the suspicion on HPs question is full of circular logic and shouldn't be pursued as a scum/town tell. TownDoc argues that TownHP wouldn't intentionally place a WIFOM-filled statement in the hopes of clearing himself, making the question more inclined to be asked by town.

67, 69 & 72: TownPops votes for Soveliss to "even out activity". He asks Soveliss what he thinks of TownDoc. Zazie asks why TownPops picked Soveliss despite other people have not posted much. TownPops says its "arbitrary".

73, 74 & 75: Soveliss responds. He marks TownDoc's alt problem as irrelevant. He also notes that HP's question is more scummy. However, he also notes (which I strongly disagree with) that the method of killing is irrelevant. Zazie challenges Soveliss on why in this game that "a kill is a kill". Soveliss notes that a town-player should not ask the way of killing since it doesn't matter for them (which I disagree again).

76, 77 & 78: TownPops says TownHPs question is a null-tell. Soveliss disagrees and says "its all we have to go on right now". Seraphim agrees with TownPops. Seraphim suspects TownDoc for using it to defend TownHP. Seraphim suspects Blueheaven for (what I think is) lurking.

79: Sekinj shares Doc's stance on TownHP's question.

80-85 (w/78): Doc analyzes Seraphim's posts:

1. Use of "God forbid" despite HP being far from a lynch
2. Use of comma after "But" (I don't get this one... :\ )
3. Use of sure twice in a row (Um... sign of over-agreeableness?)

TownDoc summarizes with: "My point was, noone even mentioned the possibility of lynching hp over that, yet you started arguing against it like it was being considered as a valid option by some players. "

86: I vote TownHP for being absent from the thread despite his statement being overly controversial.

87: Budja finally speaks up, noting TownHP's statement is a null-tell. He votes Soveliss for "declaring HP's statement scummy without reasoning". Soveliss had a reason, but it was weak.

88, 89 & 90: I agree with Budja that TownHP's statement is a null-tell. I restate my concerns of TownHP being absent in the thread. Sekinj defends TownHP saying that he hasn't replied since it's been less than 24 hours since the game started. TownPops accuses me of "punishing hp for, probably, having a life?".

91: TownPops votes for me for "asking for explanations to everything, but doesn't seem to actually engage in discussion or disagree with anyone or take an opinion, until this page, when he votes because hp didn't handle the situation well"

92 & 93: I apologize for the misunderstanding of MS.net timelines. TownPops questions me for keeping my vote on TownHP.

94: Blueheaven agrees with me that TownHP is absent from the thread for quite some time, but thinks it doesn't constitute yet of any scumtell or lurking. BH asks Zazie about her vote on Doc on post 59.

96: I choose to keep my vote on TownHP and notes that people should "have patience". I felt I needed TownHP to come out and address the things that people have been saying over his post, leaving my vote as a form of pressure.

97: Zazie posts another huge post, this time with content. She addresses BH's question on 94 saying her vote was initially a random vote but became a serious vote when she reread the thread. (I still feel she should have announced this earlier.) She asks Soveliss why scum would want to know about MO's. She disagrees with Seraphim who states that pursuing TownHPs statement for a lynch is "highly scummy". I get another FoS with my reason for voting TownHP.

98: I summarize my stance on the HP issue. I start to feel that TownPops was wrong in his reasons for voting for me. Looking back, I actually participated in discussions and shared opinions. I note that I initially thought TownHP's statement was pro-town to thinking it was a null-tell.

99: I answer Zazie's question for Soveliss telling why asking about the MO matters for scum.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Tenchi »

100: TownHP finally appears. He notes that the mod hasn't answered his question. He also notes that it is important for town to know if there's an MO reveal or not.

101: TownDoc votes for me. I somehow misrepresented TownDoc (I should have omitted the "shared the same opinion part"). Still, at that moment, I felt TownDoc was somehow distancing himself from TownHP.

103: Soveliss gives me my 4/7 vote. He claims I tried to start a bandwagon against TownHP labeling TownHP as an "easy target".

104: I vote Soveliss for

1. Not paying attention to the HP discussion fully (selective reading) as proven by statement: "I dont know what the motives for the mafia or wolves would be for knowing this, but what would town find useful from knowing this?"

2. Accusing me of campaigning against TownHP.

I become annoyed and slightly emotional.

105: I address Doc's points.

106: Budja tells me to defend myself properly. I get another FoS but he then votes Soveliss. He notes that he initially follow-voted TownHP then is not follow-voting on me.

107: I explain my stance further. I explain that I was trying not to get in the way too much (being cautious with my suspicions) because of some Wiki article I read. Right now I think my original stance was wrong.

109: TownPops introduces his gerbil-poking method. He notes the following suspicions:
a. Resorts to extremely flimsy defenses, "I can't keep my mouth shut so I'm the easy lynch"
b. Misrepping Doc earns him scum points
c. OMGUSing Soveliss
d. He claims that in his history he always "does very well" as scum but "gets lynched day 1 or night 1" when he's town. What? If this is truly a pattern, it can't be one he should expect us to follow. He seems to be implying that since he usually gets by as scum and gets caught as town, then he's probably innocent when he seems guilty and is probably guilty if he seems innocent. All who think this is a reasonable standard for evaluation Tenchi for the rest of the game, say "Aye".
A and D - are horrible and came from emotion.
B - was an admitted mistake
C - It was not OMGUS. I had very sound reasons for voting for him. Read 104.

TownPops however says:
I'm not sure if that gut feeling came from me sensing him to be scummy early on, or me sensing him to be an emotional village-idiot.
110: Peter posts but just says there's a power outage in his place. Promises to post "tomorrow".

111: TownDoc lectures me on how Wiki articles are subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt. He encourages me to be my aggressive self (which changed a lot of things for this game).

TownDoc also notes that TownPops is being overly cautions and contrived on his suspicions of me on post 109, despite his analysis of my posts had no intention of being cautious.

112: Zazie explains to Soveliss in detail why MO's matter. She asks me a bunch of questions (which I will address later, or have already addressed) and also accuses me of OMGUSing Soveliss (which I didn't).

114: Budja states: "Tenchi is suspicious but lets not over-focus on him. Many people here haven't posted much of substance yet, so their is no need to rush. (not that anyone was rushing Razz, I am just suggesting we don't)". After the nudge to "defend myself properly", this Tenchi-Budja love starts to creep me out.

115: TownPops addresses TownDoc's 111. TownPops was worried that I had too many votes already. TownPops decided to say what he wanted to say regardless of whether I was at L-1 or not.

116: I address Zazie's 112.

117: I agree witn TownDoc's evaliation of TownPops on 111.

118: Wall-E votes for me to "see what it does". I suspected he was trying to poke the gerbil one more time to see what happens. I have 5/7 votes needed for a lynch.

Fastofrward to some drama and fun regarding me getting lynched on my birthday. I notice he DID give a reason for his vote. Wall-E is "simply unconvinced that what" I'm "doing isn't a huge clusterfuck distraction"

124: I was tired of everything. I said the unspeakable...

I said I'd STFU.

125: Peter fulfills his promise of catching up. He quotes the role PM and notes that we may be told of the MO since the role PM's state something with "eaten" for the warewolves. Peter teaches how TownDoc can be better with his alt. Peter addresses Soveliss and tells him that the MO could matter "slightly". Peter notes the Budja-Tenchi love. Peter says that he'd put me at L-2 if it wasn't a four scum game.

(OMG it's a huge post, I'm skipping all the stuff addressed to me since I will address it later)

126: TownPops unvotes and revotes me (I dunno, for the second/third time?) He notes two additional things for his case:

1. "If/when" word choice.
2. The STFU thing.

127: TownDoc notes that TownPops is jumping on Peter's case on me and that "the last paragraph is just bad. He's basically justifying a lynch on someone for being disturbing. "

128: TownPops restates the If/when thing. He further notes that if I implied I'm not mason, "a best-worst case scenario".

129: I implode. I summarize my reasons for voting TownHP and Soveliss. I give TownPops an FoS for the mason thing in 128.

130: Sekinj "thinks" that BH and I are classic newbies and he is willing to overlook some of our statements. He then thinks TownPops is most suspicious "for his constant wifoming and it seems like he is trying too hard to push a lynch that everyone else agrees with."

131: I thoroughly address Peter's case.

132 & 134: BH asks where I implied that I was not mason. BH defends me on a playstyle argument from another game, which is a bad defense (I say so p 134). BH also asks what was Wall-E's reason for voting me. (Although Wall-E briefly stated his reason as to my actions being a "clusterfuck distraction".)

133 & 135: Soveliss corrects me, which I respond with a EBWOP. My argument still holds that TownPops commented on my possibility of being/not being a mason is not very townie.

136: TownPops continues on saying "I don't think it's untownie to point out the remark. It is tangibly valuable info, that if Tenchi is mislynch he's not mason mislynch." He reminds me to lay-off the caps-lock

137: More Budja-Tenchi love:
That sounds good Pops but Tenchi appears to be a newbie and I doubt newbie townie would think to seen such a subtle signal.

I am a little unsure if a Tenchi lynch is in our best interests at the moment. Yes, he seems highly scummy but with all the focus on one person, if he is innocent, we have little information.
141 & 142: Wall-E asks whether "are you claiming mason, pops?". TownPops replies that he and everyone should just "leave it up in the air".

143: Zazie asks me and Budja a bunch of questions. (I'll see later if this was addressed.) Zazie notes that TownPops keeps on unvoting and revoting me. Zazie also notes Sekinj's 130 if I still count as a newbie when I said that I have played other games. Zazie votes Budja for "the comments where you want us to look at other players."

144: TownPops states that unvoting and revoting just means that I was getting more suspicious.

145: Soveliss jumps on the TownPos wagon. His reasons (paraphrased):

1. Pops constant unvoting and revoting of Tenchi is awkward.
2. The only reason for it is to try and remind us it's Tenchi we are supposed to be voting.
3. His statement on me being not a mason.

146: TownDoc notes that TownHP being "seasoned" is flawed. He states that "Regardless of hp's alignment, the question was an obviously honest one."

(The more I reread, the more I see why HP was NKed.)

TownDoc notes BH's defense of me using a playstyle argument

TownDoc votes TownPops for:
1. Jumping on Peter's case and eventually on my lynch wagon.
2. Blowing If/When out of proportion
3. Speculating on who are (or who are not) masons.

149: TownPops gets emotional and irrational:
So, i get in trouble for being not sure about lynching Tenchi, then when i become more certain I'm in trouble for that? *sighs* I'm not gonna retract or recant what i think about mason speculation. If the mafia aren't smart enough to pick up that line, we're going to win anyway. And it's not like the mafia is the only beneficiary of that information, a vanilla-lynch is a weaker mistake than a mason-lynch.
150: TownDoc mentions that the most pro-town thing to do is for townies who are about to be lynched should claim prior to their lynch (at L-1). "At least you have to realize how pointing out that someone is more or less likely to be a mason is anti-town. "

151: TownPops drops the mason talk and defends:
Right now my position is still that Tenchi is the scummiest player in the game. Some have said maybe he always plays like scummy town, but like i've said before i don't see how we're going to read him D2, D3.. if he plays like scummy town and every bad thing he does gets a pass from that.
Despite this, he goes off to pursue other leads.

152-155: TownPops finds another target: Soveliss.

He notes two things that he read Pops "mason post", corrects me, but fails to comment on the fact that talking about masons is early. TownPops notes the delayed response of Soveliss on the issue. He notes that he had two different intentions on the two posts. The question now is why didn't he fail to place his suspicion on his first post? Was he hoping nobody would notice and let the discussion go on? Or did he "forget"?

Apparently, he only noticed it upon "reviewing my and TownPop's posts and found TownPops more deserving" of his vote.

===============================

Takes a Tenchi timeout. That's my notes of my review. I suggest others do the same and cross check what I've written.

hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:08 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

If seraphim leaves the game, we will be left 5 people. Since no one will hammer themselves, we are doomed to a no lynch unless the mod finds a replacement.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think it's time for an
unvote
Vote: Tenchi
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

popsofctown wrote:I think it's time for an
unvote
Vote: Tenchi
Reasoning, good sir?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Wall-E »

The more I reread, the more I see why HP was NKed.

Why was he NKed, in your opinion.

Also, great posting Tenchi.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I got lynched for practically no reason but revoting tenchi. I kind of want to indulge now, since no one can earnestly use it as a tell now.

Tenchi is rereading the thread and giving summaries. This seems odd to me. He's energetic enough to make in-depth summaries, but when more than 1 person votes him he starts screaming all caps and vows to STFU because he's a poor little townie?
"Well, I..."
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Wall-E »

popsofctown wrote:I got lynched for practically no reason but revoting tenchi. I kind of want to indulge now, since no one can earnestly use it as a tell now.
Self-meta won't give you a pass. If you repeat your previous scummy tendancies, I will recommend that those who previously lynched you vote for you again.

A tell is a tell regardless of meta.

You're coming on a bit stronger this time. Is is possible YOUR role changed?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

are you for serious rill wall-e? It's not meta, it's stupidity. Trying to get a lynch on someone you think is scum is not a tell.

I'm coming on stronger because i'm increasingly frustrated that he's not dead yet.
"Well, I..."
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I see what you're saying.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Wall-E wrote:
popsofctown wrote:I got lynched for practically no reason but revoting tenchi. I kind of want to indulge now, since no one can earnestly use it as a tell now.
Self-meta won't give you a pass.
What makes you think popsofctown is talking about his own meta? He's simply discrediting a tell.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I thought he was saying that if he unvoted and revoted again now he would expect to get a free pass on it. My mistake.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Tenchi »

WTH. Don't lie. You were lynched primarily because of opening the Mason discussion (plus several other reasons found in my summary). Don't put that under the rug. It actually gives us as tell: you play messily, either as town or (possibly) scum.
Pops wrote: Tenchi is rereading the thread and giving summaries. This seems odd to me. He's energetic enough to make in-depth summaries, but when more than 1 person votes him he starts screaming all caps and vows to STFU because he's a poor little townie?
Nope. I actually had the time to do this because:

1. I was initially playing this game along with two other games.
2. A few days ago, I got Nked in one.
3. A high-calibre newbie game (of which Zazie left, but apparently she remained in this one...) kept me busy with just reading and keeping up, and that game gave fell into night a few days ago. It's day again but I'll focus on this one until I finish my summaries.

My appeals to emotion has nothing to do in this game. It's wrong in doing so and I admit it (I was REALLY new here). But I believe I had not left any of my actions unexplained (despite some CAPS here and there). I know that it is my job to clarify things that I say and did.

Now, instead of
whining
and
telling soon-to-be idlers to park their vote
, why don't you try analyzing posts (like I do) or asking questions (like Wall-E)?
Why was he NKed, in your opinion.
He was OBVTown.
1. He actually didn't have much experience here (His profile says "Joined: 29 Sep 2008")
2. He asked the horrible question.
3. Our premise was scum would generally be more careful to ask the question. And Noob-Town would ask it publicly.
4. We made it into a null-tell thinking that scum would post such a question to put the whole town in a WIFOM filled argument hopefully hitting a townie in the process.

CONCLUSION: TownHPs experience (1) cannot or is unlikely to execute the expected scum behavior (4).

Doc was right.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

Tenchi, saying why hp was killed wrote: He was OBVTown.
Actually, there's two scum factions in this game. The other scum faction has a nightkill they can kill you with, so it's better to get shoot them. So you wouldn't shoot for obv town, you would shoot for a player you thought was scum.

But it's good to know it was your scum faction that killed hp.
"Well, I..."
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Tenchi »

156: I address Zazie's questions. I noted why I suspected Peter. I addressed my stance on Metas, among other things. I changed my vote to TownPops for twisting my words:

"For blowing out of proportion my message on taking a break from the game and having fun in my birthday into being unhelpful by refusing to defend myself."

I think that along with his mason-talk caused me to focus on TownPops and less focus on Soveliss.

157: Budja addresses Zazie. He notes that:

1. Soveliss is hopping on bandwagons with little explanation.
2. TownPops is overeager to lynch me.
3. It's not too hard to build a case against me.
4. TownPops is not scummy for speculating on masons since "in the way it was mentioned, it was weak speculation and proved nothing".
5. "We should not help the scum find the masons so it is best not to speculate as had been said before. "
6. I'm making "errors all over the place for people to use".

NOTE: Very neutral except for point number 1. More Budja-Tenchi love.

158 & 159: TownPops accuses me of refusing to defend myself. TownPops says his aggression towards me was provoked by:
a. His caps lock and diction bothers the crap out of me
b. Korts saying it was suspicious of me to consider (at least, out loud) that

I'm possibly wrong. I wanted to dissolve anyone thinking that I'm lynching him in a dissociated manner. I think he's scum right now, and if he is a mislynch i take whatever responsibility that entails.
A is something under my control but is not a scum-tell.

160: Annoyance ensues. I slap TownPops with:
Tenchi wrote: 1. I NEVER REFUSED TO DEFEND MYSELF. This thread is peppered with me defending me.
2. Me shutting up means A. I'm taking a break and B. Actually not overposting in the thread by repeating the same explanation over and over again. C. Letting you guys discuss among yourslves instead of me getting into the middle of everything.
3. LOL You "dug up" a quote, which I quoted and you should have obviously read. How ridiculous is that. Don't make us think you are doing work when in fact you aren't.
161-165: TownPops argues with some "Law of Syllogism" which is proven to be wrong/bad for two things:

1. The second premise fails: "Tenchi said he would no longer be posting. [see above quote] <--- Is this really what I meant? Or is this what you want to see? What did I actually do Pops? And what was my explanation for saying the quote?"
2. Invoking some fabulous name to add glitter to a bad case.

166-167: Sekinj addresses Zazie's question on me and BH being newbies. He thinks that BH asked a newbie question and I was giving a newbie defense. He notes that TownPops is the most scummy at the moment (no reasons given here though). I note that I'm not new to mafia but I'm new to board-only games. I explain the difference.

168: TownDoc accuses TownPops of "admitting that the main reason you are pulling points out of your ass to try and incriminate Tenchi even further is because I accused you of being wishy-washy (and)... is just silliness)" He also noted TownPops's Appeal to Authority.

TownDoc notes that I made an Appeal to Emotion and a meta on 167. I was just trying to clarify the amount of experience I have in Mafia in general. However, the Budja thing is another story...

169: Zazie asks Soveliss why "Scum would say that Tenchi is not mason". Zazie wants TownDoc to reveal who he thinks Peter really is as a meta. Zazie asks me a bunch of questions which I will address later.

171: I address Zazie. I address the question on the Birthday lynch. I post back to Post 156 to summarize why I suspect TownHP. (WHICH WAS WRONG ergh I checked.

I should have linked to the timeline on post 129 for my suspicions on HP. Now I wonder if Zazie actually checks my answer.) I mention again that I'd vote for either TownPops or Soveliss and Peter is at 3rd place.

172: TownDoc explains why keeping Peter's meta out of the game could potentially help town.

173-175: Soveliss answers Zazie's question (on 169). TownDoc explains that Soveliss shouldn't think of "what town shouldn't/wouldn't do" but they should think in terms of what "scum would do". Zazie notes that Soveliss didn't answer the question properly.

177-181: More mason talk.

Wall-E says my comment on TownPops speculating on my masonism is "This is the most significant thing said in two pages." First sign of Wall-E claiming that Pops is softclaiming mason. TownDoc asks Wall-E why. Wall-E says that only masons can confirm who and who is not mason, with TownPops's comment "X is not likely a mason?" I tell Wall-E to drop the mason talk. TownDoc says that Wall-E's suspicions of TownPops softclaiming mason based on one comment is "a very slipper foundation" and that both mafia and townies weak on theory have reasons to out Mason roles.

184: LOL.
sekinj wrote:An idea: Let's lynch the next person who says the M***** word.
186: Soveliss finally answers Zazie's question. Very conservatively in fact: "Many reasons a scum might say that. Maybe he is trying to see how Tenchi would react to it."

Odd he says "many reasons" but can only give one example.

187: Wall-E apologizes to TownDoc, with a kiss, regarding the mason talk.

188: TownPops admits that his aggression towards me is half-baked, and feels that he is being transparent. TownPops attacks me with me saying STFU. I still feel it is a weak reason to suspect me, especially that I didn't do it.

190 & 192: TownPops notes Zazie had an inconsistency. (I address this in 58 & 59, 97 of my summary). TownPops calls it a "double-standard".

191: Zazie reasks her questions:
For those wondering who still have to answer:
Pops: Can you also mention every comment of P? (Peter?) that you agreed with and why you agreed with those comments.
Budja: Why is Tenchi suspicious to you?
Do you think players are over-focussing on him?
Who else do you see as suspicious and why?
Who to you hasn't posted much substance yet? Why didn't you try to let them post more substance? Why does this matter to you?
193: Zazie addresses 190 & 192.
So, I need to unvote and vote the same player to announce that my random vote has turned into a real vote?
(Again, I still think she should have known better to just “assume” that we got what happened.)

Zazie then attacks TownPops with an inconsistency. She tells that TownPops voted for Soveliss for not speaking up (67, 69 & 72) and TownPops accuses me of being scummy because I voted for TownHP for not speaking up (91-93, 96). Zazie further quotes TownPops shakiness in voting for me quoting Pops “maybe I'm hunting village idiots and not scum” and “I think he's scum right now, and if he is a mislynch i take whatever responsibility that entails.”

194: TownHP comments
hp [leaves] wrote:
sekinj wrote:An idea: Let's lynch the next person who says the M***** word.
I like you kind of approach here. I also think the same thing that you do.

(Town)Pops is kinda bothering me as he's constantly "complaining" about "double standards".
TownHP then continues to ask a (stupid and well-discussed) question “Techni, why is it bad to speculate masonry at the time being?”

197: Budja confronts TownHP with an inconsistency in 194: Why say that you agree with Sekinj’s “approach” but then be oblivious with why we should not speculate masonry?

198: TownPops answers. TownPops notes that (1) Zazie should have REALLY announced the change of function. (2) Zazie should not use dismissive language to make a case look weaker. A case is a case and it should be confronted regardless of its gravity. TownPops explains that he and I had different reason for voting (TownPops votes me for keeping my vote on TownHp (despite timeline misunderstanding) while he voted for Soveliss for not speaking up).

The thing is, Pops and I had the SAME INTENTION for voting the way we did: I voted HP for not participating. TownPops voted Soveliss for not participating. We both left our votes to pressure them into posting.

TownPops mentions I should be lynched because I am either vanilla townie or scum (“not a power role of any-sort”).

TownPops affirms that he’s not wishy-washy. He REALLY thinks I’m scum.

199: Wall-E implodes with people posting who are not part of the game.

Wall-E mentions that he sees Zazie and TownPops as townies at each other’s throats.
He also says that he agrees with what TownPops and TownDoc often.

Wall-E asks Sekinj “sekinj: In your opinion, has pops increased his "excessive wifoming"?”

He also notes that Budja suggested a cease-fire without suggesting an alternate target.

200: Sekinj answeres Wall-E’s 199. “No.” He says he agrees with what TownPops says.

203: I explain to Sekinj why it’s bad to speculate masonry. I continue to challenge TownPops in accusing me of being scummy for saying I’d STFU. I said it was more important to address what I did in the long run.

204: Wall-E responds to me saying that “if that's all you've got on pops you're stretching way too much for my taste.”. It wasn’t that alone. It was an evolution of a case with the mason talk on top.

205: TownDoc lists his suspects, in order: (1) TownPops (2) Tenchi (3) Seraphim [excessive lurking] (4) Soveliss [slightly slow in comprehending the mason issue] (5) Budja [same with Soveliss] (6) ZazieR

206: Sekinj confronts Wall-E about “seeming to want to defend TownPops”.

207: TownPops clarifies the post I made for Wall-E (203-204).

TownPops replies to me:
Yes Tenchi, after that you continued defending yourself, rather than doing what you told us you would do. But we started this conversation because you were charging that it was invalid for me to say that you promised stop defending yourself. (i used the words 'promised' and 'charging' there to stop repetition of the word "said"). You did, in fact, say that you would stop defending yourself. I never said you actually followed your own words (what a straightforward thing that would be!)
I’m glad I didn’t notice that we can go on a semantic war on the difference of “said” and “promised”. I am not sure if I continued on to address this. If I didn’t then I think I agreed with what you said here.

TownPops challenges Seraphim to tell the group on what he thinks of me and TownPops and whether he agrees or disagrees on the case on me. He was also asked to paraphrase TownPops’s case on me.

TownPops mentions that he is still suspicious of Zazie. TownPops leaves the Zazie trail

208-209: TownPops continues on with Peter, asking him to reevaluate his case on me. TownPops also follows up on Peter’s suspicions on Budja.

TownPops further asks Peter to reveal his alt. He notes that refusing to tell his alt only benefits one side.

(I think he should keep his alt to himself. I still think that if we can play this game raw, without metas, then it would be better. I also think that in case Peter had a pro-town role, non knowledge of his meta would be beneficial for town too.)

TownPops also follows up on the random vote left by Peter and asks Peter to unvote or state his reasons for keeping it.

210: I restate my stance on Alts and metas.

211: I note the following things:

1. TownPops’s appeal to authority (TownDoc saw this first)
2. Wall-E discussing the M-word
3. TownPops discussing town power roles AGAIN after being warned the first time.

213: Wall-E asks me when he discussed the M-Word after he said that he’d drop it.

(I feel this is a leading question. The issue was it was obvious knowledge that Town should never discuss the M-word. Not, whether Wall-E said the M-Word before or after he promised to not say it.

The fact remains that Wall-E continued to discuss the masonry despite it was an open fact that we shouldn’t.)

214: Wall-E confronts TownPops for an OMGUS. Wall-E defends Soveliss for “making a good point” on Soveliss statement in 145, “constant unvoting and revoting of Tenchi caught my eye as awkward”.

215: TownPops concedes to Wall-E. He admits that his suspicions (152-155) were weak. He mentions he is waiting for Peter.

216-218: Wall-E LOLs at TownPops. Wall-E also waits for Peter, BH and Soveliss.

219: I confront Wall-E for mentioning the M-word, keeping in mind that he is trying to weasel his way out of it in 213. I post four cases wherein it was clearly mentioned that masonry was bad to do, yet Wall-E still did it.

220: I ask for a Seraphim prod.

222: Wall-E dismisses my case on him on 219.

223: I get annoyed and emotional.

224: Wall-E asks the leading question again.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Tenchi »

popsofctown wrote: Actually, there's two scum factions in this game. The other scum faction has a nightkill they can kill you with, so it's better to get shoot them. So you wouldn't shoot for obv town, you would shoot for a player you thought was scum.
This is the most logical thing to do for scum. I still feel that it is important for them to take out OBVTownies. We have two masons in this game and expanding their circle to three is dangerous (for them) especially come D2. If one other Townie recognizes this threesome, then four people can form a powerful voting block.

But at this close to winning/losing I think it's important for scum to target the other faction.

In other words, both of our strategies will work for D1 (IMO) but your strategy would work better for this D2 (since we have less townies). Had they hit each other last night, my strat would be better for D2.
But it's good to know it was your scum faction that killed hp.
Then maybe we are on opposite factions! *gasp* Glad you guys were more intelligent that we were and you got Doc out!

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Wall-E »

In my defense on the masonry issue, I'm still fairly new with this role. I've never played with masons before High School Mafia, and in that game the subject never came up.

And I defy anyone to show me where I discussed masonry in the context of revealing WHO was a mason after the post containing the word kiss.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Wall-E »

Tenchi: I'm worried that your recap of the entire thread might prompt people to fail to re-read the thread themselves and therefore miss what you may have missed. However I find your re-cap to be objective and fair.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Wall-E »

That said, you must still die. :)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The way Tenchi discusses the NK borders on confession
"Well, I..."
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Wall-E wrote:That said, you must still die. :)
I can't let that happen. If I do, it will be a scum vs scum battle. I don't really have a notebook for these things so I want to write them here. Then after my D1 recap, I'll settle for a vote.

Fellow townies, you have to help me out. Recheck the entire thread (cross check my summary) and see who has been sneakily doing stuff.

Thanks!

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Tenchi »

popsofctown wrote:The way Tenchi discusses the NK borders on confession
I don't think my IQ allows me to do that. :roll: (Read: I'm not completely stupid and hopeless.) I just posted an observation. The motivation behind the NK actually tells us the priorities of the said group as scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”