Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Sly - i - [Plum, Dahill, Elvis]
Cow - e - [Kmd]
Kmd - 3.14 -[Darox]
Isacc - 2i - [Imaginality]
Des - 4.5i - [Cow]
PJ - 6789e - [Glork]
Jeep - iii - [des]

Not Voting - 6.28 - [Isacc, Caf, Sly]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1
Orange Juice Bought: 1
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:20 am

Post by dahill1 »

@isaac: how does hascow having a weak case make him scummy?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Darox wrote:Kittens beat every other fluffy animal in existence when it comes to cuteness. Nothing that cute could
ever
be scum. They are especially cuter than puppies.
You attack puppies and you attack me, sir. DIE.

Also, what just happened with the orange juice?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:22 am

Post by dahill1 »

elvis_knits wrote:
Darox wrote:Kittens beat every other fluffy animal in existence when it comes to cuteness. Nothing that cute could
ever
be scum. They are especially cuter than puppies.
You attack puppies and you attack me, sir. DIE.

Also, what just happened with the orange juice?
most likely just modlulz
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Darox »

Buy: Hard Cider

Cause it's better that lemonade. Limonade too.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Unvote
because hascow seems to be trying to get us going.

So what have I missed... a Sly wagon...EK trying to build "total posts" or "posts per day"...still no answer from destructor (but no posts at all either, so I expect he hasn't seen the question from myself and hascow yet)...Darox putting in basically nothing serious (what else is new? I've seen this from him in every game I've played with him)... and dahill still looking pretty townie.

So a couple of things need to be done:

Vote destructor
unless he can explain the English posts

and

Buy box of condoms

I hear they are cheaper here.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Isacc »

@Dahill: Pushing a lynch on bad logic = scum.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Isacc wrote:@Dahill: Pushing a lynch on bad logic = scum.
I've seen plenty of townies push bad cases.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by caf19 »

I'm back, but don't have much time right now, so a quick post to summarise my thoughts:

- echoing the call for destructor to explain his English posts.

- Non-lemonade items aren't anything to do with me. Lemonade is. I'll hazard that the VCing of non-lemonade items is the mod baiting us.

- Glork presumably can't vote for anyone real, and isn't allowed simply to tell people about it.

-
destructor wrote:Also, wer hat die Limonade? Ich interessiere mich für den Kauf einigen können, wenn Sie mir sagen, warum ich es wollen.
I'm selling, obv. As I've said before, I don't know what it does and I can't say much else, but it will help me if you buy it so it's a case of believing that I'm town.
SlySly wrote:Well, seeing how there are multiple players doing it, and I don't understand what any of them are saying, it is hard to narrow it down to one.

It is good to see that my foreign language stance has sparked a little conversation. Hopefully, we can sniff out some scum in the process.

Post restriction is one thing, but Imaginality taunting me with it is another. I seriously doubt that there is a clause in his role that says he must immediately taunt anyone who calls the foreign languages scummy.
This is suspicious. Taunting is yet again not a scummy activity on its own, and you're "glad this is helping the town" schtick has an awfully fake ring to it. Seems like you're hurriedly trying to cover your tracks after getting called out for your previous post. That said, it worries me somewhat that a suspicious player would be the one who is most eager to buy my lemonade. Not sure what to conclude from that...
Kmd4390 wrote:And I think the only way scum would be more willing to buy lemonade is if Caf is scum with them and they talked about his role. I think if Caf is town, the scum would be just as cautious as us, if not more cautious.
I agree, in essence; I don't see why knowing I'm town (if you're scum) would make you want to buy lemonade. Unless, that is, you are scum and know the lemonade gives the scum super powers or something. I think the lemonade is unlikely to do that; moreover, I think the scum are unlikely actually to know what the lemonade does. But this still causes me to pause for thought regarding Sly's scumminess. That said, I still require it to be bought...

More to come.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

elvis_knits wrote:COW - why is isaac scummier than any of hte other people who defended kmd? plum did... I think I did sort of even.
ok, here's who I see defending kmd and how:
Plum: "oh, I don't think kmd is scummy"
Isacc: "dahill is scummy for focusing so much on kmd's vote because dahill is basing his case on an explanation for a random vote"
caf: "kmd was just being apprehensive, we'll worry about this later."
elvis: "people are stupid in the random stage, we can't see as many tells in this game"

elvis, do you see the huge difference I see between the defenses of kmd? most are just saying that kmd isn't scummy,
Isaac is saying that dahill is scummy for going after this for so long
. Big differences

@Isacc: I did not ignore the others, they did the same thing as you, but you did it differently enough and in what I considered a scummy way.
You say that the argument was that he had no case, but I see it as he's going too far over the explanation of a random vote. What else am I supposed to think when I see this?
Isacc wrote:I think dahill is taking this out of hand. I wasn't particularly worried about the vote at all (it was in the random vote stage, who cared?). Dahill, you ask about a random vote, and then start getting suspicious when his explanation isn't to your liking? Duh his explanation isn't complex or anything more than "I just did," and why? Because it was the random voting phase.

Three posts ago, I wasn't really concerned and was just going to say "I didn't find it odd," but now dahill has voted over this? What the heck? There is no case being made, this vote is based on a person's explanation for a random vote?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by dahill1 »

no this isn't true at all

i didn't (and still don't) think has' original case was that great but what i find much more interesting is Isacc's reaction of blowing up

my lynch preferences: Sly>Kmd>Isacc
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Isacc »

Has, did you read the second paragraph you JUST quoted? "There is no case being made." So basically, you say you don't see my argument WHEN IT'S THERE WORD FOR WORD? What the heck?

@Kmd and Dahill: I attack bad logic. It's what I do. I blow up over
really
bad logic. See all my other games (WoT, mini 772). You don't like it, sorry, but if you think it's a scumtell, you don't know me.

Anyways, in other news, I also want to ask Cow: why do you hate the "random vote stage" comment so much?
Show

Check out my machinima:
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by dahill1 »

there is no 772 did you mean 722?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Isacc wrote:Has, did you read the second paragraph you JUST quoted? "There is no case being made." So basically, you say you don't see my argument WHEN IT'S THERE WORD FOR WORD? What the heck?
Because that's not the emphasis of the argument, as far as I can tell. I see you saying it, but the main point that I see is that he was attacking the explanation of a random vote too much.
Isacc wrote:Anyways, in other news, I also want to ask Cow: why do you hate the "random vote stage" comment so much?
Because it's only there so we can get out of it.

I actually find that it's a great place to find scum.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Isacc »

@Dahill: yeah, sorry. Neapolitan mafia.

@Has: You're taking the parts leading up to the main points, and saying they are the main points. My comments on the random vote explained why a significant case seemed lacking, so I pointed that out, and then made my final statement: there wasn't a significant case.

Also, you are STILL ignoring my defense. Paragraph 4 of post 324. Read it a few times. Now, do you have a counter-argument or are you just going to keep spouting that you're right?
Show

Check out my machinima:
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Isacc »

And about the random vote stage: it can be useful. This time, it wasn't.
Show

Check out my machinima:
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Wow, Isacc. I didn't call you scum. I said I disagree with you on a theory point. Quick to defend yourself much?
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Isacc »

Kmd: Am I not allowed to respond to your comments? Don't overreact, I was just responding.
Show

Check out my machinima:
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
I've seen plenty of townies push bad cases.
Isacc wrote: @Kmd and Dahill: I attack bad logic. It's what I do. I blow up over
really
bad logic. See all my other games (WoT, mini 772). You don't like it, sorry, but if you think it's a scumtell, you don't know me.
Kmd4390 wrote:Wow, Isacc. I didn't call you scum. I said I disagree with you on a theory point. Quick to defend yourself much?
Isacc wrote:Kmd: Am I not allowed to respond to your comments? Don't overreact, I was just responding.
Doesn't look like "just responding" to me. Looks like:

Isacc:Bad logic is scummy.
Kmd:No it's not.
Isacc: I say that all the time! It's not a scumtell!
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Isacc »

Kmd: did you see Dahill's comment on me in 335? I was answering him too you know.
Show

Check out my machinima:
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Isacc wrote:@Has: You're taking the parts leading up to the main points, and saying they are the main points. My comments on the random vote explained why a significant case seemed lacking, so I pointed that out, and then made my final statement: there wasn't a significant case.

Also, you are STILL ignoring my defense. Paragraph 4 of post 324. Read it a few times. Now, do you have a counter-argument or are you just going to keep spouting that you're right?
This?
Isacc wrote:Also, the claim that I was defending is bullshit. After Dahill made a case, I told him I was less suspicious, though disagreed. This makes it obvious that the lack of a case was what bothered me, not the target. If I cared about Kmd being attacked, wouldn't I have continued to defend Kmd, rather than agreeing to disagree?
Your laying off of dahill seemed a bit contrived to me. Anyway, you're not my focus right now, although you're attempting to make yourself it, which I find interesting. I really want destructor to come back and talk.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Isacc wrote:Kmd: did you see Dahill's comment on me in 335? I was answering him too you know.
Hmm. I see...
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by SlySly »

dahill1 wrote:actually after rereading i agree with plum
sly's actions are more voteworthy than kmd's
A vote for me is pretty much a waste of the town's time. I have sent a copy of my claim to the mod to make sure I follow all the rules of my role. Until receiving word back from Mirth, I am not prepared to elaborate on this just yet.

I suggest that those voting for me look elsewhere for scum and quit wasting time on me.

--------------------------------------------
destructor wrote: SlySly's reaction to what I said was interesting in that he assumed I had "no fear" about buying lemonade...

Sly seemed to be alluding to me being informed or something too, which is what got to me first.
If it comes down to me needing to claim and Mirth approves the delivery of my claim, it will shed a little light on why I asked about your lack of fear about buying the lemonade.
destructor wrote: Sly bought some, dunno if he said anything happened yet.
Nothing happened.

----------------------------------------------
imaginality wrote: SlySly's anti-foreign-language comment I can see more likely frustration rather than scumtell.
Finally, a brain!!!

-----------------------------------------------
elvis_knits wrote: Were you scum in those games? Are you saying kmd is acting the way you act as scum, or are you saying that other people have gotten away with attacks like this on you whether or not you have been scum?
In some of those games I was scum, in some I was town. Mainly, the times that seem so familiar are when I was town and being mislynched since I play by my own rules and everyone seems to think that equates to scum. Feel free to meta my games, you will see how often I have been mislynched. It is not at all surprising to me that there is a baseless bandwagon forming on me in this game already.
elvis_knits wrote: Personally, I think someone who calls another person "overdefensive" is usually scum.
Following "usually scum" ideologies with Sly often results in a mislynch. Meta if you feel the need.
elvis_knits wrote: And why aren't you objecting to the gratuitous posting of kittens? Maybe all the people posting kittens are scummy. OMG KITTENS ARE TEH SCUMZORZEZ!
Give me a break!!! It is much more difficult to hide scummy messages in a picture of a kitten than it is to embed a message in a language that you assume no one understands. I used to work at a place and this lady would come in and tell her kids in spanish to spread out and help each other steal things while she distracted me.
elvis_knits wrote: I HATE when people do that. Say somehting scummy and then be all like "I was trying to start some conversation duuuuudes, and it worked so I'm the shit."
Sorry, I am the shit. Sorry if the truth hurts you. My posting is pretty much what kicked this game into overdrive and I am being bandwagoned for it as usual.

----------------------------------------
Darox wrote: On other note, Sly, why haven't you shared your ideas about darox? Why did you need Glorken's reasons beforehand?
I wanted to see if Glork had noticed something that I hadn't. What is your fascination with finding out who would win in any given conflict and how do any of the results help the town find scum? Your posting so far has seemed to be nothing more than 'confusion stew' to me.

---------------------------------------
caf19 wrote: This is suspicious. Taunting is yet again not a scummy activity on its own, and you're "glad this is helping the town" schtick has an awfully fake ring to it. Seems like you're hurriedly trying to cover your tracks after getting called out for your previous post.
Taunting is taunting, not scummy. Taunting is more assholeness than scuminess. If you choose to be a taunter in a bastitch modded game, I think it wise to be careful who you taunt.

See above about my posting helping get this game rolling. I'm really not worried about covering my tracks.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

SlySly wrote:
dahill1 wrote:actually after rereading i agree with plum
sly's actions are more voteworthy than kmd's
A vote for me is pretty much a waste of the town's time. I have sent a copy of my claim to the mod to make sure I follow all the rules of my role. Until receiving word back from Mirth, I am not prepared to elaborate on this just yet.

I suggest that those voting for me look elsewhere for scum and quit wasting time on me.
I really don't like this for some reason.
Sly wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: Personally, I think someone who calls another person "overdefensive" is usually scum.
Following "usually scum" ideologies with Sly often results in a mislynch. Meta if you feel the need.
HoS: SlySly

Claiming meta defense of yourself is a huge red flag in my book.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

EK and Sly, you guys know I'm the shit, right?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”