The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:42 am

Post by The Fonz »

Dammit. I KNEW it was bullshit when he claimed not to get results unless a guilty. Courage of convictions and all that.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 am

Post by BlakAdder »

I need to trust my gut more. I had a feeling that Llama was faking his claim, but I didn't act on it. Dammit dammit dammit.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:40 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In fashion with my 'bah' post : I told you so.

For the game I referenced with me not breadcrumbing as doctor had LF as scum, by the way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:17 am

Post by The Fonz »

You know SG, if you'd provided even one actually useful result, i wouldn't have pushed for the lynch. Two invs on dead players plus one incredibly convenient RB claim absolutely stank.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:32 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/7fMQEBeMspgm

my QT, which turned into my notes.

I killed farside thinking she was the vig and Jahudo was Greek, that one really panicked me at day scene.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:40 am

Post by The Fonz »

THat's a really good read, thanks LF.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Sierra »

Nice fakeclaim Llama, congratz on winning this after replacing in and surviving without scumbuddies for so long.

Here's our QT, it's not nearly as interesting as Llama's notes though. :wink:
http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/NVMqBM5jgtAD

By the way, I didn't mean to lurk through this last day like this, I really was busy last week and ready to post today. I don't think I would've been able to come up with any plan to save myself though. I couldn't even think of any good fakeclaims at the time of the mass-claim. :(

Thank you for taking over the modding so well, Claus! This was my first large game and I really enjoyed it! I'm planning to take a break from mafia and this was an excellent game to end it with.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

DAMN IT! I knew, knew LF fake claimed but it wasn't till the night I died.
Well I tried. It was fun. EA's reason's for killed CKD was completely off and why the vig didn't claim earlier at one point was beyond me.
Good job from Llama.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by The Fonz »

What I get from the Greek QT is how you're surprised we lynched the cop, given how incredibly scummy she was. Then again, i suppose you knew she wasn't greek, which everyone else thought.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Jebus »

Good fight, Llama. Personally, I smelt SK from you.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

I actually debated lying about a result, but I figured I should let the game run its course.

You do realize you lynched a cop without a counterclaim, correct?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Odd. I didn't peg you as scum until the very end in the other game, but in this game I knew it was you rather early in the day.

I can't remember, but was it you that gave the possibility of a japanese being left?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Jahudo »

farside22 wrote:EA's reason's for killed CKD was completely off and why the vig didn't claim earlier at one point was beyond me.
Good job from Llama.
I was serious about believing in 2 vigs because I thought there were too many scum to also have an SK. I also thought he could be greek originally and maybe other greeks would show themselves. Also I wanted to live a couple more days. Also also I think you told us that Vig should keep quiet and I agreed :D

Farside and spring: Why didn't you go for the Niv wagon day 4?

Llama was basically an SK since all the other greeks had died before he replaced in. But even without having associative tells I thought he did a good job at looking town.
ShadowGirl wrote:You do realize you lynched a cop without a counterclaim, correct?
Having a Tracker and Watcher make it sound like Cop won't also show up, even in a large game. But then again I thought there were 2 vigs so the absence or presence of any role shouldn't be assumed.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Well now. Didn't see that coming, not one little bit. I could have sworn we would lose, but you've definitely proven me wrong, Llama. I did really think EA was going to win on that last day. Nice notes, by the way. Who was that idiot that screwed up the first page, way back when all the Japanese mafia was alive?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Claus »

Wow, that thread was lonely, Llama. I can kinda see you crouching in a dark cave, rain outside, while you wrote all that. ^^ I completely forgot about the tokyo thread when I replaced you.

I really think Llama deserves a scummy out of this - couldn't have seen him winning (or even surviving) at all.

I can't comment too much on the setup because I didn't write it but... damn, finding appropriate gifs is hard! (though fun)

Nice game everyone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by sekinj »

YAY!!!

Great job Llama!!
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by sekinj »

lol. I was still subscribed to the tokyo thread. Don't worry Llamma I hung on your every word :) I loved seeing your thought process expecially since I've played with you before.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

The Fonz wrote:Seriously, Llama if you're not scum the way you're playing really pisses me off, because it only took me, like, five minutes to look all of that up. And that little lot couldn't be more obviously a bus if it were red, had two decks, a driver, a conductor and an advert on the side saying 'God probably doesn't exist. Now stop worrying and get on with your lives.'
I actually was convinced that you were the last Greek near the end of the day, and almost everything I said scumhunting wise there was exactly what I was thinking. In a situation like farside was where massive said something that was
not
scummy and he was my partner in a potential mylo, with targets like BA and SG already obvious, I didnt buy a bus at all.

Sure I thought SL was on that wagon too for some reason, not sure why, but was getting preoccupied in trying to figure out a way to controll either the SK or vig kill since if I could land on a different target it introduced the three player endgame.

This is the same reason I didnt kill last night, if there were no x-kills, then it was a two player endgame and EA won. I wanted to keep my shot alive, although admittedly it was wierd submitting "no kill" N5.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

LlamaFluff wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Seriously, Llama if you're not scum the way you're playing really pisses me off, because it only took me, like, five minutes to look all of that up. And that little lot couldn't be more obviously a bus if it were red, had two decks, a driver, a conductor and an advert on the side saying 'God probably doesn't exist. Now stop worrying and get on with your lives.'
I actually was convinced that you were the last Greek near the end of the day, and almost everything I said scumhunting wise there was exactly what I was thinking. In a situation like farside was where massive said something that was
not
scummy and he was my partner in a potential mylo, with targets like BA and SG already obvious, I didnt buy a bus at all.
You see, I would instinctively think bus there. In fact, when I went through their posts for evidence to rebut your attack, it leapt out at me.

The argument that they were somehow defending me/Niv was obviously flawed: since they never did try to 'wagon' massive. They didn't wagon me because a) their buddy sierra already was b) the main case on Niv was lurking, and those two were also lurking and c) the remainder of your case on him, as I pointed out at the time, didn't actually make sense.

@ ShadowGirl: Yes, I know. But it wasn't certain we had a cop. And you were out-of this world scummy. You lurked (the whole taking five days to read three pages thing was ludicrous), defended it by pointing out that other people were undercontributing too (an argument that implicitly concedes that lurking is antitown) then jumped the biggest wagon, with the second biggest wagon as your number 2. You made hilariously hypocritical posts like this:
ShadowGirl wrote:
Unvote

Vote: BA

For the massive amounts of oppurtunistic voting and active lurking.

I really can't make up my mind about massive and his hypocrisy about my active lurking. :/
and claimed cop when facing lynch, with
no useful
results. Basically, you did almost everything I'd expect textbook scum to do.

Plus, you claimed no result on armlx: every game i've seen prior to this one, it's been standard mod practice to give results on dead players, for sanity reasons. So it really felt certain that you were lying. Llamafluff's argument against you there basically sums it up perfectly.

Additionally, even if you were cop, I had no faith in you actually being able to help the town (since 4 killing groups at that point meant that you were likely to declare another 'result' on a dead player'). Note that the other players in this game whose play was most similar to yours were scum.
massive wrote:If somehow ShadowGirl does NOT get lynched for her play in this game, we will be able to point back to it as an example of "how to lurk in Mafia games when you're Mafia without getting caught." Because man is she writing the book on it.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:13 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Sorry I had to jet, still fighting RL issues (in no games currently)....I will never play with Emp again....he pulled the same type of shitty play as town in another game and I find he is a distraction and a pest...trolling done.

good game guys...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I already said that I didn't really get 'no result' - Rikimaru just told me to look at his alignment in thread, which was akin to getting an innocent. It was Tar who I'd inspected, not armlx. And anyway, as you said, with so many kills going around it would be sheer luck if any of the people I've investigated were alive when I said my results. I did what I needed to do to stay alive as long as possible.

Anyway, my major points against BA were some links between him and LF.

Hold on, near the end couldn't Jahudo have vigged LF? Since technically there was a way to revert his majority? Not that he doesn't deserve to win. <3
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

That's a fair point, though I don't think you helped yourself by going for people that were obvtown. It's just unfortunate your claim came out looking a lot scummier than it did. I know what you said happened, but that doesn't mean it's what we'd have expected of a mod. I mean, he has to pm you to tell you to look, it's as quick to give the result! Plus, telling you 'look in the thread' is effectively telling you you're sane, which mods shouldn't do.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:35 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I was essentially looking in all the wrong places, luck was merely not on my side, it seem. I did indeed see some sort of link between Tar and Sierra [who turned out scum] and BA and LF [scum, once more.] I will say that armlx was a bad choice, and that I should have went back to BA. I don't really remember the exact wording, since I've deleted all the PMs I don't need.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:17 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yeah, and investigating Tar because of a link to Sierra before you'd demonstrated Sierra = scum didn't really follow.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Jahudo »

ShadowGirl wrote:Hold on, near the end couldn't Jahudo have vigged LF? Since technically there was a way to revert his majority? Not that he doesn't deserve to win. <3
He reached his win condition at twilight and I wouldn't have reached mine until night. Note to self: Never trust scum when they try to bargain a draw :)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”