Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:41 am

Post by dahill1 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Early votes don't bother me because they get the game started. Something we were in desperate need of.
you keep mentioning this yet i don't see you doing anything about it besides saying "this game really needs to start".
and i have no idea where you've gotten the notion that it hasn't started, as it clearly has to me
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

It has now.

I was talking about early votes as in the RVS and just after.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:45 am

Post by dahill1 »

oops mistook the "were" for an "are"

in other news, i'd be willing to lynch sly

Mod VC plz
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by dahill1 »

actually after rereading i agree with plum
sly's actions are more voteworthy than kmd's
unvote vote sly
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Kmd - 85 -[imaginality, Darox]
Cow - 92 - [Elvis, Kmd]
Sly - 666.666 - [Plum, Dahill]
Caf - -17.5 - [Destructor]
Isacc - 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 -[Cow]
PJ - 4 - [Glork]

Not Voting - 2.2 - [Isacc, Caf, Sly]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1

If this doesn't pick up, I'm instating a deadline.
Going to see if anybody needs prodding now
Elvis and Darox have been prodded
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Isacc »

@Plum: Mostly I want to say, "Because it made sense in my mind," but also, I (generally...again it makes sense in my brain xD) tend to FoS stronger actions by other people, things they do that are extremely odd (or scummy) AND have a large influence in the game (such as a vote). This is not a strict rule, of course, but that's basically the thought process I had. Sly's comment was anti-town, but it was personal, where Darox was giving a full vote, which seemed to require an FoS. Note though, that I'm not saying my FoS on Darox made me more suspicious of him than Sly...my mind just works this way I guess.

@Has: Ok, that bull accusation pinged my scumdar like mad. Let's see here...

1. Plum did the same thing as me five posts above the one you're voting me over. He took a stance on an issue and put his opinion in, saying that he did not find Kmd's vote scummy. So why are you voting for me, but made no such comment to Plum? Scummy.

2. I wasn't defending his vote, I was attacking Dahill's logic, which I felt was not explained at the time. You may notice that several posts afterwards, Dahill makes a much better explanation of himself, which I choose to respectfully disagree with.

3. Hey look, I also see a bunch
more
people agreeing that Kmd isn't scummy for his vote...again...how come you haven't attacked them? Did I look like the easiest mislynch to you? Sorry, but, it's not happening.

Anyways,
major FoS Has
for a totally bull accusation and tunneling. I might vote you, except I have not decided who exactly seems the most suspicious yet. And, I'm tired, so I will do more tomorrow after I have slept.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Isacc wrote:@Plum: Mostly I want to say, "Because it made sense in my mind," but also, I (generally...again it makes sense in my brain xD) tend to FoS stronger actions by other people, things they do that are extremely odd (or scummy) AND have a large influence in the game (such as a vote). This is not a strict rule, of course, but that's basically the thought process I had. Sly's comment was anti-town, but it was personal, where Darox was giving a full vote, which seemed to require an FoS. Note though, that I'm not saying my FoS on Darox made me more suspicious of him than Sly...my mind just works this way I guess.

@Has: Ok, that bull accusation pinged my scumdar like mad. Let's see here...

1. Plum did the same thing as me five posts above the one you're voting me over. He took a stance on an issue and put his opinion in, saying that he did not find Kmd's vote scummy. So why are you voting for me, but made no such comment to Plum? Scummy.

2. I wasn't defending his vote, I was attacking Dahill's logic, which I felt was not explained at the time. You may notice that several posts afterwards, Dahill makes a much better explanation of himself, which I choose to respectfully disagree with.

3. Hey look, I also see a bunch
more
people agreeing that Kmd isn't scummy for his vote...again...how come you haven't attacked them? Did I look like the easiest mislynch to you? Sorry, but, it's not happening.

Anyways,
major FoS Has
for a totally bull accusation and tunneling. I might vote you, except I have not decided who exactly seems the most suspicious yet. And, I'm tired, so I will do more tomorrow after I have slept.
You're completely misrepresenting me. It has nothing to do with not thinking kmd's vote is scummy. It's the chainsaw defense of kmd by attacking dahill, especially with the "it's the random phase" argument that I don't like. Plus, "tunneling"????? Really? I've made one post! How the heck can I be tunneling?
Nice OMGUS, btw.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by destructor »

Glork wrote:Ve shood kill Dezh, too.
Glork's just mad that I didn't post more Hello Kitty pics.
Glork wrote:Actually, Dezh might not be ze scomzh. He could just be ze stupidzh. Dezh, do you remember zis BALKO guy from ze California Game? How can joo be trusting of vot zis lemonehd guy tells joo?
Yeah, I do remember that. It's like the first thing I though of when I saw it in the vote count.

SlySly's reaction to what I said was interesting in that he assumed I had "no fear" about buying lemonade. You sort of did that too. I didn't say I trusted whoever was selling it or that I'd even necessarily buy any, but that I wanted to hear someone tell me why I might want some.

Sly seemed to be alluding to me being informed or something too, which is what got to me first.

I'm wondering if Sly finding people posting in other languages scummy is a major tell, too.

Just took a look at the vote count. Votes are too scattered for my liking. I don't know why Zaz was voting Caf, but I'd rather be voting Sly right now.

Unvote
Vote: SlySly

Plum wrote:Destructor joins. Welcome, I've vaguely hoped to play with you someday, nice avatar, nice kitties.
Thanks for the welcome =). What's you signature from?
Plum wrote:Destructor, why are you interested in buying Lemonade?
Curiosity. I haven't read the game yet but I saw 1 cup had been sold and no one was dead so I figured it can't be too bad.

The BALCO thing Glork bought up was from this game, where one self-aligned player had to sell "THG" to three players to win. If the player who bought it was a female role, they'd die of heart failure while males would get "roid rage" and get a daykill that they had to use that day or their head would explode.
Plum wrote:Glork advocates lynching Darox or Destroctor today. Why? Ah, he seems to suspect Destructor's willingness to buy Lemonade. In my mind someone who's not cautious about this is taking a risk for his/her faction regardless of what said faction actually is. It doesn't seem to point to scum more than town unless Caf and Destructor share an alignment; just seems like someone willing to take a risk.
Plum makes lots of sense here.

So it was Caf that bought the cup? Has anything about Caf changed since he bought some lemonade?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by destructor »

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by destructor »

I read a few pages and realised that caf is selling the lemonade. He seems townish too. Sly bought some, dunno if he said anything happened yet.

Wanna test some things too.

Unvote
Vote: jeep

Buy: orange juice
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by destructor »

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAKRw6mToA

Moskau
Fremd und geheimnisvoll
Türme aus rotem Gold
Kalt wie das Eis
Moskau
Doch wer dich wirklich kennt
Der weiß, ein Feuer brennt
In dir so heiß

Kosaken hey hey hey hebt die Gläser
Natascha ha ha ha du bist schön
Towarisch hey hey hey auf das Leben
Auf Dein Wohl Bruder hey Bruder ho

Moskau, Moskau
Wirf die Gläser an die Wand
Russland ist ein schönes Land
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Deine Seele ist so groß
Nachts da ist der Teufel los
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Liebe schmeckt wie Kaviar
Mädchen sind zum küssen da
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Komm wir tanzen auf dem Tisch
Bis der Tisch zusammenbricht
Ha ha ha ha ha

Moskau
Tor zur Vergangenheit
Spiegel der Zarenzeit
Rot wie das Blut
Moskau
Wer deine Seele kennt
Der weiß, die Liebe brennt
Heiß wie die Glut

Kosaken hey hey hey hebt die Gläser
Natascha ha ha ha du bist schön
Towarisch hey hey hey auf die Liebe
Auf Dein Wohl Mädchen hey Mädchen ho

Moskau, Moskau
Wirf die Gläser an die Wand
Russland ist ein schönes Land
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Deine Seele ist so groß
Nachts da ist der Teufel los
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey
Moskau
Lala lala lala la, lala lala lala la
Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
Moskau, Moskau Lala lala lala la, lala lala lala la
Ha ha ha ha ha
Oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Moskau, Moskau

Moskau, Moskau
Wodka trinkt man pur und kalt
Das macht hundert Jahre alt
ha ha ha ha ha, hey
Moskau, Moskau
Väterchen dein Glas ist leer
Doch im Keller ist noch mehr
Ha ha ha ha ha

Moskau, Moskau
Liebe schmeckt wie Kaviar
Mädchen sind zum küssen da
Ha ha ha ha ha
Moskau, Moskau
Komm wir tanzen auf dem Tisch
Bis der Tisch zusammenbricht
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by Glork »

Vell, Dezh... ze vay I see it, Kaf is eezher protown or not (obv).

If Kaf is not protown, vee probably do not vant to buy. So, ze protownzh people does not vant to buy becozh vee do not know if he is protown or not.

Ze scomzh, however, know vezher Kaf is in zere groop or not. If he izh not in zere groop, zen I vood project zat ze scomzh find him more likely to be ze protownzh (ya, ze neutral is poschibol). Zuss, I vood expect ze scomzh (and/or ze schtoopid playerzh) to be more willing to buy.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:14 am

Post by Darox »

I don't get that logic.

Let's say caf is town, and the lemonade is fighting say, mineral water, and the scum knows caf is not with them, why would they be inclined to buy lemonade?
And would the lemonade still be victorious if the mineral water picked up a chair?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

destructor wrote:Glork's just mad that I didn't post more Hello Kitty pics.
You can post in English?!?!?

And I think the only way scum would be more willing to buy lemonade is if Caf is scum with them and they talked about his role. I think if Caf is town, the scum would be just as cautious as us, if not more cautious.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:26 am

Post by hasdgfas »

unvote, vote: destructor

Please explain these English posts. Thanks.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 am

Post by imaginality »

Plum wrote:Imaginality has continued singing. May I ask how often your PR requires you to Numa-Numa, imaginality (if at all) just for my personal edification?
Eef you view my posts in izolation, ze frequency of my singing pretty clear is. I vill try to be twize as helpful wiz my real posts to make up for ze rest of time I am singink. :)

SlySly's anti-foreign-language comment I can see more likely frustration rather than scumtell.

I am noticingk Isacc whinging a lot vhen someone votes him. He goes hard after hasdgfas and misreads hasdgfas's case against him. Defending self not scummy, but I think townie more likely to respond to actual case against him, so I see Isacc's reaction as scummy.

And "major FoS Has for a totally bull accusation and tunneling. I might vote you, except I have not decided who exactly seems the most suspicious yet" ees OMGUSsy comment tryingk not to appear too OMGUSsy.

Unvote; vote Isacc

at least for now (because I also keeping close eye out for destructor's explanation of English post, very interezting possible slip...)
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hi, I'm going to post now from a cold/flu-induced haze. First I have to look what's been happening, because I don't even know what homoo is doing in this game.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not aware if slysly has expanded on this, but it was his answer to my question from last week, so I'm just going to say whatever I think anyway, even if you guys have already covered it in stuff I haven't read yet.
SlySly wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
slysly wrote:The case against kmd seems fairly weak to me but at the same time, kmd's responses to the questions seem a little too defensive as if he does have something to cover up.
How do you tell the difference between someone defending themselves and someone being too defensive?
My statement is a result of some of kmd's responses reminding me greatly of some of my own statements in past games where others were saying the same about me.
Were you scum in those games? Are you saying kmd is acting the way you act as scum, or are you saying that other people have gotten away with attacks like this on you whether or not you have been scum?

Because there are a fair number of people that get away with making an attack on a person and then when the person defends themselves, however they do it, the attacker can say "OOOOOOO overdefensive scum DIEDIEDIEDIE!!!!!11111111"

Personally, I think someone who calls another person "overdefensive" is usually scum.
sly wrote:
imaginality wrote:Alo, alo, sunt eu, Picasso
ti-am dat beep
si sunt voinic
Dar sa stii, nu-ti cer nimic.
imaginality wrote:Te sun, sã-ti spun, ce simt, acum
Alo, iubirea mea sunt eu, fericirea :)
imaginality wrote:Alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea.
imaginality wrote:Vrei sa pleci dar nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Nu-mã, nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Chipul tãu si dragostea din tei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tãi.

Vrei sã pleci dar nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Nu-mã, nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Chipul tãu si dragostea din tei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tãi.
These types of posts are not helping the town. I, for one, am not translating them. I have a job already, I signed up for a fun game, not a foreign language class.

I see the foreign language posts, by all the players doing it, as anti-town. I am now assuming that any post that is not in english is scummy.
Is this for serious, because this is bastard mod game... you know that, right? Do you know what that means? That we all have sucky (yet fun, mirth, you know we love it :lol: ) roles, and impediments placed in our path. The people with post restrictions are forced to type stupid stuff, and the rest of us are forced to read it.

And why aren't you objecting to the gratuitous posting of kittens? Maybe all the people posting kittens are scummy. OMG KITTENS ARE TEH SCUMZORZEZ!

/nyquil.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SlySly wrote:
dahill1 wrote:/agree with Issac
don't like sly's "foreign languages are scummy" policy at all
also sly, if you believe that the different languages are scummy, shouldn't you be voting someone who is doing so by your logic?
Well, seeing how there are multiple players doing it, and I don't understand what any of them are saying, it is hard to narrow it down to one.
Well, you could start with voting ANY of them, instead of none.
sly wrote: It is good to see that my foreign language stance has sparked a little conversation. Hopefully, we can sniff out some scum in the process.
I HATE when people do that. Say somehting scummy and then be all like "I was trying to start some conversation duuuuudes, and it worked so I'm the shit."
sly wrote: I want to pet those first 3 kitties that destructor posted.
DOUBLESTANDARD between foreigners and kitty posters! Why don't you think kittens are scum, huhhuhuhuh?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So I was just about to do a recap, saying sly is my front-runner, but darox is also scummy for his unexplained pile-on vote on kmd. And then we get this gem:
SlySly wrote:
Glork wrote: srsly, joo shood leench darox or dezh today.
What do you have on darox? I have a few of my own ideas about darox, but I want to hear why you are pushing me to vote him. When you say 'dezh' do you mean Destructor? If so, what is your case against him?

If you think I should be voting one of these 2, why are you voting for petroleumjelly and not one of them?
Sly and darox sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SO I notice homoo replaced in and voted Isaac, which surprised me because isaac seems town to me, but I have no real reasoning. He just hasn't done anything to make me think he's scummy I guess. His point about other people defending kmd too, is valid, and I do think hascow singled him out.

COW - why is isaac scummier than any of hte other people who defended kmd? plum did... I think I did sort of even.

Overall,
unvote, vote slysly

Elvis, please stop spamming and condense your posts into one post. thank you
Talk nerdy to me.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Darox »

Kittens are not scum.
Kittens are never scum.

Kittens beat every other fluffy animal in existence when it comes to cuteness. Nothing that cute could
ever
be scum. They are especially cuter than puppies.

On other note, Sly, why haven't you shared your ideas about darox? Why did you need Glorken's reasons beforehand?

Also I agree with the over defensiveness thing, but I'm not voting kmd for being over defensive.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:06 am

Post by imaginality »

Te sun, sã-ti spun, ce simt, acum
Alo, iubirea mea sunt eu, fericirea...

Alo, alo, sunt iarasi eu, Picasso
ti-am dat beep si sunt voinic
Dar sã stii, nu-ti cer nimic...
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DAMN YOU BOTH FOR POSTING I WAS GOING TO FILL A WHOLE PAGE WITH POSTS FROM JUST ME
Talk nerdy to me.

Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Isacc »

@Has: I had something I wanted to say this morning, but then I went to classes all day, so I hope this isn't missing anything:

I am not misrepping at all. Your argument is WRONG.

I wasn't defending. Dahill made a VOTE without really providing a case. Any time someone makes a vote without a case, I find that scummy. It made no difference to me who he was attacking, but the fact that he voted without a decent explanation was BAD, so I yelled at him.

Also, the claim that I was defending is bullshit. After Dahill made a case, I told him I was less suspicious, though disagreed. This makes it obvious that the
lack of a case
was what bothered me, not the target. If I cared about Kmd being attacked, wouldn't I have continued to defend Kmd, rather than agreeing to disagree?

And, the "random vote" excuse wasn't the argument being made, so it's irrelevant. The argument being made was that he had no case, which really has no correlation to your "I don't like your random vote excuse," accusation.

And finally, tunneling is when you focus solely on one person. Your number of posts has no bearing on the fact that you IGNORED OTHER PEOPLE for doing something similar to me.

Next..

@Imaginality:

Whining when someone votes me? Seems fair when I am voted for something I didn't do, especially when others did things similar to me.

I like how you are so eager to just take Has's accusation at face value, saying that I avoided the argument against me and misrepped, when I didn't (anyone notice that in my first post responding to has, the second of the three points was about NOT DEFENDING KMD...which Has says is his argument?).

And you guys can call OMGUS all you want, but your case is weak as hell and that's scummy.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”