charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Post by charter »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:
charter wrote:I think it's Panzer and dan. I don't think Xdaamo is scum anymore. I got all excited about his mishammer and got carried away.

I add dan to my list because of his earlier ties to Panzer and his most recent post, saying he finds Xdaamo more town and Panzer more scum but doesn't change his vote.
This to me reeks of scum trying to renounce the wagon he was part of creating. Sounds very scummy to take back all your suspicion of Xdaamno just as he's on the brink of being lynched right before deadline. First you move to Panzer, then later completely remove all suspicion you have of Xdaamno. Trying to wipe your hands perfectly clean of his lynch?
Major FOS:Charter

If it wasn't deadline I might consider more strongly changing my vote to you.
Well, I can't really give you any reason. I see why you're suspicious of me, I probably deserve it, but I really want Panzer lynched over Xdaamo. Xdaamo can theoretically be town, while I can't see Panzer being town at all. Xdaamo is still a good lynch because it gives lots of info, but I really don't see him flipping scum.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

Xdaamno (6) - Lynx the Antithesis, Danchaofan, Panzerjager, Lowell, Tubby216, Artem
Panzerjager (3) - Xdaamno, Charter, Darox
Darox (1) - Artifex

Not Voting (2) - Master Ruck, afatchic

Deadline is extended 24 hours to January 26th at 11AM PST.
Last edited by LlamaFluff on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:28 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

afatchic wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Mod: Deadline extension, please.

Deadlines should be for promoting activity, and we're doing fine.
Days in this game have automatic three week deadlines which are not negotiable outside of need for a replacement in the closing days. This was stated in the both sign up queue and in the rules for the game.
Any chance we could get like a 15 hour deadline extension? then i would be able to catch up and post my thoughts tomorrow night after church.
As the replacement is requesting extra time, deadline will be extended by 24 hours to Monday January 26th, at 11AM PST. This will be the entirety of the deadline extention for the first day.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by Artem »

Xd wrote: I intended to take a chance to convince Artem to unvote. I am trying to play the game optimally up until the point where it starts to not become fun. That is something which I will absolutely never sacrifice.

Also, are you seriously trying to say that because townies can still win if they die, there is no reason to stay alive?
A townie should not place their personal survival above the town's victory condition (which is to eliminate all threats).

In your situation, the optimal play for a townie is to provide all the information you can before you are lynched. The optimal play for a scum is to deny the town any information and to try and get as many players voting for a "competitor's" wagon instead.
Charter wrote:
Xdaamo is still a good lynch because it gives lots of info
, but I really don't see him flipping scum.
This. I think that we should go ahead with the Xd's lynch. At best, we will lynch a scum (or an SK, or any one of those other 3-rd party roles). At worst we will lose a townie who has not contributed much in terms of scumhunting.

Charter is behaving very strangely. Take this for example:
Charter wrote: Xdaamo can theoretically be town, while I can't see Panzer being town at all.
Unless you know everybody's alignment, Panzer can also "theoretically be town", because from a townie's point of view nothing is 100% certain.

If Xd flips scum, I can see Charter as a potential buddy, who is going to ride the waves of WIFOM on day 2 with arguments similar to post 357.
charter, part of post 357 wrote: If anything, you should be suspicious of me for clearly trying to get someone else besides Xdaamo lynched right before deadline. You continue to view his actions as scummy, but it doesn't make sense that you're not getting worked up over my recent actions. If you actually think Xdaamo is scum, then you surely must think I am as well because I'm clearly trying to lynch someone besides him today.
So, roles like masons and lovers aside:

In post 400, Lowell attempts to start a bandwagon on me in a fashion, similar to charter's wagon on panzer. If Lowell, charter and Xd were all scum, they would not be splitting the effort between me and panzer. So, that means two thing:
-Lowell and Xd are not likely to be scums together; (Lowell would try to save his buddy by hopping over to Panzer's wagon)
-Lowell and charter are not likely to be scums together; (splitting the effort argument)

Now, panzer...
-Xd and panzer likely have opposite alignment; (duh!)
-Lowell and panzer likely share the same alignment; (they largely ignore each other but there's a handful of posts where they brush off other players' arguments against their "buddy")
-charter and panzer likely have opposite alignment; (all the bickering, unless of course they are distancing and charter is bussing panzer)

afatchic requesting an extension is interesting, but I would love to see him post some content before I draw any conclusions.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Artem wrote:-Xd and panzer likely have opposite alignment; (duh!)
Oh, can you explain? What makes it unlikely we're both town?
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Ok deadline extended is definitely a good thing.

Right now I think we definitely need Panzer and Xdaamno to present why the other is the better lynch candidate for the day. You can give us any sort of analysis or reads on some of the other players to utilize on Day 2 in case you flip town.

Panzer, if there was more time today I'd probably consider your proposal more strongly. Now though, I think it's most likely going to stay between you and Xdaamno.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Ok deadline extended is definitely a good thing.

Right now I think we definitely need Panzer and Xdaamno to present why the other is the better lynch candidate for the day. You can give us any sort of analysis or reads on some of the other players to utilize on Day 2 in case you flip town.

Panzer, if there was more time today I'd probably consider your proposal more strongly. Now though, I think it's most likely going to stay between you and Xdaamno.
FOS: Lynx
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Artem »

Xdaamno wrote:
I think that if you were both town, we would have seen a lynch a long time ago, because scum would likely pile in on one of you. Of course, we don't know how many scum there are, so it's hard to know how likely they are to influence one wagon over another, but I also have my own wagon to compare yours to. (I would argue that I rose to enough votes to get lynched faster than you and for less scumminess.)

I'm also a little biased at this point, because I really think you are one of the scums. I also think that your cardflip will be very educational.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Artem wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
I think that if you were both town, we would have seen a lynch a long time ago, because scum would likely pile in on one of you. Of course, we don't know how many scum there are, so it's hard to know how likely they are to influence one wagon over another, but I also have my own wagon to compare yours to. (I would argue that I rose to enough votes to get lynched faster than you and for less scumminess.)

I'm also a little biased at this point, because I really think you are one of the scums. I also think that your cardflip will be very educational.
You think I'm scum, yet my reveal will be educational?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Vote: Artem
Cracking Idea Mafia
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Confirm Vote:Xdaamno
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:59 am

Post by charter »

Panzer is definately the way to go today.
Assuming Xdaamo isn't scum, like I said, I'd bet money Artem is town.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Master Ruck »

Xdaamno, you're the lead with votes with around 20 hours left until deadline. It's now highly unlikely that anyone else will be the lynch today, so I believe that, for the good of the town, you should let us know your views and who you think is scum so that we may use it later.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by charter »

All it takes is two people to switch from Xdaamo to Panzer. dan is clearly distancing from Panzer as well.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Master Ruck »

Well then, seeing as Dan is clearly distancing, Lynx just confirmed his Xda vote, panzer is unlikely to vote for himself and Artem seems pretty set on Xda himself, you'll need the lurker Lowell and tubby. Tubby may be open to a change, but again, Lowell is a lurker so I still doubt the lynch today will end up being anyone but Xda. He needs to make some kind of contribution now before it's too late.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Master Ruck »

Oh no, wait, maybe I am rushing things. I forgot about Afatchic who may decide upon the panzer wagon. I won't rush Xda then, but he still needs to keep in mind he may be lynched and needs to help the town if that looks to be the case.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Master Ruck »

Gah, triple post. Xda, if you really want to vote for Artem, then it helps to unvote first.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Artem »

Xd wrote: You think I'm scum, yet my reveal will be educational?
Uh-huh. I think your cardflip is going to tell us a lot about other players.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by afatchic »

LlamaFluff wrote:
afatchic wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Mod: Deadline extension, please.

Deadlines should be for promoting activity, and we're doing fine.
Days in this game have automatic three week deadlines which are not negotiable outside of need for a replacement in the closing days. This was stated in the both sign up queue and in the rules for the game.
Any chance we could get like a 15 hour deadline extension? then i would be able to catch up and post my thoughts tomorrow night after church.
As the replacement is requesting extra time, deadline will be extended by 24 hours to Monday January 26th, at 11AM PST. This will be the entirety of the deadline extention for the first day.
Greatly appreciate this. I just got home from church, and im about to take an online quiz, then get to my reread of this game.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by tubby216 »

sorry not lurking i have limited access due to my frickin job ( i hates the government!!!) but anywho i like my vote where it is
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

Lynx points out something, if me renouncing some of my faith in the xda wagon and saying panz might be a bit more scummy is considered distancing, what do we make of charter completely switching wagons?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by charter »

I changed my vote. I got the impression that you found Panzer more suspicious but kept yours on Xdaamo.
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

"I find Panz more suspicious" = I think Panz is more suspicious than I previously thought, but I still think Xda is more likely to flip scum.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by afatchic »

Xdaamno wrote:The original attack on Artem was obvious BS, but I'm surprised Artem needed me to point that out for him.

After a re-read, it's a good lynch right now.

Vote: Artem
Scummiest post so far....
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Artifex
Artifex
Townie
Artifex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Artifex »

I was hoping that I could stay up long enough to read more from afatchic, but it doesnt look like Im gonna be able to. I'll be in class when the deadline goes down, but Ill try and sneak online before then. Nothings really changed my mind about Xda as lynch choice, though I do find all these last minute wagons (or asking about last minute wagons anyway) interesting. Something for Day Two at any rate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”