Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

zwetschenwasser, you say it was a post to make it look like I was posting something meaningful, well I wasn't trying to make it look like that. It was a serious question and NOBODY had an answer, meaning that there is NOTHING TO GO BUY.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I disagree. And I don't really understand this speedlynch philosophy.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Zer0ph34r wrote:zwetschenwasser, you say it was a post to make it look like I was posting something meaningful, well I wasn't trying to make it look like that. It was a serious question and NOBODY had an answer, meaning that there is NOTHING TO GO BUY.
That's because the answers to that kind of question are usually learned in newbie games. In other games, that question is likely to get you a nice fat bandwagon. (Oh, and Zwet, there is no way he posted that to look like he was posting something meaningful. That was the opposite of meaningful)

Just sayin...
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:52 am

Interesting...
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:42 am

Post by springlullaby »

Ellipses in game aggravates me. What exactly are you guys implying?

JereIC, wanna answer my questions?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:39 am

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Maybe you just missed the thread of conversation Spring.
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Zer0ph34r wrote:Well, Sipylus, what the hell do you want me to say, what could be meaningful at this point in the game? Not much if anything.
Blah post. He's trying to pretend that he's posting content and not actively lurking. minor FoS: Zero
<snip>
Ectomancer wrote:
Zer0ph34r wrote:zwetschenwasser, you say it was a post to make it look like I was posting something meaningful, well I wasn't trying to make it look like that. It was a serious question and NOBODY had an answer, meaning that there is NOTHING TO GO BUY.
That's because the answers to that kind of question are usually learned in newbie games. In other games, that question is likely to get you a nice fat bandwagon. (Oh, and Zwet, there is no way he posted that to look like he was posting something meaningful. That was the opposite of meaningful)

Just sayin...
The first time you read this, you responded to the portion of the quote that I snipped. I think you must have missed it because you didn't comment on Zero's statement at all, then subsequently told JereIC that if he had a better topic of discussion, point to it.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:49 am

Post by JereIC »

springlullaby wrote:JereIC, wanna answer my questions?
Not really. Those questions are a distraction from what we should be discussing - who's scum or not. But, briefly:

How many players do you think are not aware of the fact that a reasonable amount of discussion per day is propitious to town?

Not many.

How scummy would a speedlynch in a normal setup be?

Not very. The speedlynches I've seen always depend more on townies being reckless rather than scum instigating it.

How is scummy activity not good news?

Scummy activity is good news - but as I said, speedlynches are more about recklessness than scumminess, so speedlynches aren't good news.

Are you truly unfamiliar with this line of argument?

I am familiar with it. From my experience, it's not a very good line of argument.

Now, briefly, can you tell me why you want to discuss speedlynches?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

springlullaby wrote:Questions addressed at the populace in general, requesting replies:

How many players do you think are not aware of the fact that a reasonable amount of discussion per day is propitious to town?
Hopefully there aren't any, if there are, they belong in a newbie game.
springlullaby wrote:How scummy would a speedlynch in a normal setup be?
Depends... are some of the people pushing the speedlynch otherwise inclined to know better?
springlullaby wrote:How is scummy activity not good news?
It's not good news if the person committing the scummy activity is town, since it could possibly cause a mislynch. Scum committing scummy activity is good news.
springlullaby wrote:Are you truly unfamiliar with this line of argument?
No, I just don't believe speedlynching is beneficial in general.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Exactly, Etco, I kinda like you now. But still, zwet, what info can we go by? This is a serious question. I would like to know.
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Yeah, I'm so cuddly :roll:

Listen, I know you have to work your mind a bit, and yes early on things are going to be obvious stretches of some kind, but believe me, there are things you can comment on. You've got 5 pages right now. It only took me 1 post from another player to find something to talk about.
I really don't know how to help you except to tell you to read the first 2-3 pages of every game to see how each one got out of the random stage. That will give you an idea on how to derive information from this one.

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:03 am

Post by springlullaby »

Ectomancer wrote:Maybe you just missed the thread of conversation Spring.
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Zer0ph34r wrote:Well, Sipylus, what the hell do you want me to say, what could be meaningful at this point in the game? Not much if anything.
Blah post. He's trying to pretend that he's posting content and not actively lurking. minor FoS: Zero
<snip>
Ectomancer wrote:

Just sayin...
The first time you read this, you responded to the portion of the quote that I snipped. I think you must have missed it because you didn't comment on Zero's statement at all, then subsequently told JereIC that if he had a better topic of discussion, point to it.
I'm not sure what you mean here, please reformulate. Is there a question inside the above, at all?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:26 am

Post by springlullaby »

JereIC wrote:
Not really. Those questions are a distraction from what we should be discussing - who's scum or not. But, briefly:

Not many.

Not very. The speedlynches I've seen always depend more on townies being reckless rather than scum instigating it.

Scummy activity is good news - but as I said, speedlynches are more about recklessness than scumminess, so speedlynches aren't good news.

I am familiar with it. From my experience, it's not a very good line of argument.

I don't particularly want to discuss speedlynch, I just want to see how people respond to the questions.

But what has motivated me to ask in the first place is my not liking your unvote of me and your subsequent reply when I called you on it.

As I see it, there was in reality very low danger of my getting speedlynched on page 2. And I think that had it happened, it would have been a pretty good thing because, in the specific frame of this game, I was not nearly scummy enough to warrant a lynch at the time of your unvote.

This make me think that your justification of your unvote, namely wanting to avoid a speedlynch, is pretty bunk. And kinda the worse possible answer you could have found in a sea of possibility.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Did you fall and bump your head or what??
springlullaby wrote:Ellipses in game aggravates me. What exactly are you guys implying?
springlullaby wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Maybe you just missed the thread of conversation Spring.
zwetschenwasser wrote:
<snip>
Ectomancer wrote:

Just sayin...
I'm not sure what you mean here, please reformulate. Is there a question inside the above, at all?

JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:27 am

Post by JereIC »

springlullaby wrote:I don't particularly want to discuss speedlynch, I just want to see how people respond to the questions.

But what has motivated me to ask in the first place is my not liking your unvote of me and your subsequent reply when I called you on it.

As I see it, there was in reality very low danger of my getting speedlynched on page 2. And I think that had it happened, it would have been a pretty good thing because, in the specific frame of this game, I was not nearly scummy enough to warrant a lynch at the time of your unvote.

This make me think that your justification of your unvote, namely wanting to avoid a speedlynch, is pretty bunk. And kinda the worse possible answer you could have found in a sea of possibility.
It was a pretty low chance, but I didn't see any upside so I didn't want to risk it. Even if you were mafia, a speedlynch before you had a chance to post a defense would have kept you from possibly incriminating your buddies. I don't think I'm being overly cautious, I just don't see the point of risk for risk's sake.

Anyway, onto a new topic - what do you think of Zer0ph34r?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:29 am

Zero is actively lurking, and JereIC is trying to squeeze his way out of suspicion.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

springlullaby wrote:
JereIC wrote:

Not many.

I don't particularly want to discuss speedlynch, I just want to see how people respond to the questions.

Admittedly, your questions to the populace worked for me. I like this results as, while failing to conclude someone is scum, it has brought out good conversation with a pretty strong reference. Kudos.

At Ecto: I don't quite get what your point is either. At first, I thought you were trying to demonstrate a contradiction of some sort, so you may need to break it down or make it more obvious.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:37 am

What do ellipses have to do with anything?
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Zwet, how am I lurking? I asked a serious question that you can't seem to answer when you responded like it was such any easy question, if anything, you would be the lurker. How am I lurking? By asking a serious question?
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:54 pm

No. By not posting content.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

JUST ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Active Lurking can be defined as participating in a game by being irrelevant or being a distraction or detriment to conversation. Some people do it no matter what, but that kind of behavior is positively annoying.

It is a prime example being antitown, which is, sadly, not necessarily an indication of scumminess.
Show
6-4-1
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:At Ecto: I don't quite get what your point is either. At first, I thought you were trying to demonstrate a contradiction of some sort, so you may need to break it down or make it more obvious.
I really don't see why this is complicated to be honest. SL seems confused from the outset. You look to have gotten sucked into it somehow. Here's my analogy of my conversation with SL.

SL: What color is that hat?
Me: It's Blue.
SL: What is?
Me: The hat you asked me about.
SL: Im confused, are you asking me a question?

So, let's take all of this and hack it apart again piece by piece, although it
really
should have been picked up by both of you without my saying a word. It is a layered interaction, but that still shouldn't give SL champagne bubbles over his head. I'm just going to insert comments with a different color.

First statement that should have drawn peoples attention. In response to Sipylus, Zer0 gives the old "there's nothing to talk about" statement. /color]
Zwet responds with an attack on Zer0 for active lurking via pretending to post content.

zwetschenwasser wrote:
<snip>
Zero somewhere in that says he had a serious question (what is there to go on) and nobody answered. I was condesceding with my answer. Learning how to make a game go is first learned in newbie games, or reading the first 2 to 4 pages of every game to see how it moved into "meaningful" talk.

Ectomancer wrote:

Just sayin...

Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:25 pm

I think that I have already categorized Zer0 into the useless column until he does something scummy so I can shift him somewhere else. Honestly, I probably missed your point because I assumed you were pointing out something else.

Put simply: I wasn't thinking that your quotes would indicate anything close to your actual point, sorry to waste your time for being stupid.
Show
6-4-1
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

All I want is an answer for zwet, but he has still yet to give his answer.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”