Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Azhrei »

I know that we can't ignore him completely, but we must remember that posts like that aren't really any use.

And yes, I agree, it doesn't make a lot of sense for you to do what you did if you are scum, and I'm inclined to believe you are our cop.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

jayfin3 (2): Charrat, magisterrain

Not Voting: jayfin3, Azhrei, insanepenguin02

3 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

Yaw wrote:
Vote Count:

jayfin3 (2): Charrat, magisterrain

Not Voting: jayfin3, Azhrei, insanepenguin02

3 to lynch
The fact that Charrat, Azhrei, and insanepenguin have all claimed blue, means that the doctor is very unsure that I am the mafia, because they don't want to give themselves away when there will be another night. Smart.
I am good looking
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Man, this is a hard situation. I have to say though that I am starting to sway more towards mag being scum than towards being cop. The way that you have brought up how "I'm not that bold.", trying to make us think that benmage solidified your claim as cop before he died.... things just don't seem right. And this was why I brought my suspicion up. I just don't like how you reacted to this suspicion.

Vote mag

Yet I don't know why T-Rex would have been so inactive if he wasnt scum. Therefore, jay is still on the radar.

And without sounding scummy, I am almost wanting a doctor claim to help narrow down the possibilities. I think in the next day, that could be very helpful.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:31 pm

and to reply to the comment by somebody as to why suspect an un-cced cop??

Because there is a 50% chance that there is no cop, therefore nobody to CC.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

insanepenguin02 wrote:and to reply to the comment by somebody as to why suspect an un-cced cop??

Because there is a 50% chance that there is no cop, therefore nobody to CC.
...wow.

You just climbed up 40 degrees on my scumdar.

BTW, this has been explained before. A newbie mafia wouldnt take the 50 50 chance. They just wouldnt' leave the whole game up to that.
I am good looking
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:51 am

Post by magisterrain »

no matter what happens, if we dont get a correct lynch today, we will be at lylo tomorrow.

if we get a doc claim, we might be better able to catch the scum before night.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:50 am

Post by jayfin3 »

magisterrain wrote:no matter what happens, if we dont get a correct lynch today, we will be at lylo tomorrow.

You want doc to claim?

Didn't you post that question asking whether doc should claim or not...then said that it was testing for reactions, and everyone answered right? If so, you are failing your own test...
I am good looking
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Post by magisterrain »

that was before everyone claimed vanilla, and therefore someone lied.

at this point if the doc claimed, there would be discussion about why he lied originally.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Charrat »

jayfin has been sitting at one vote away from being lynched since Saturday @ 10:30 am, with one 9 hour interlude on Sunday, and yet we have had no hammer yet. From Sat 10:30 am to Sun 11:30 am, jayfin3 was being voted for by Charrat and insanepenguin. From Sun 8:30 pm to now, jayfin3 was being voted for by Charrat and magisterrain (times are approximate). This suggests to me the following: The two least scummy players are Azhrei, because he had the most opportunities to lynch jayfin for an relatively easy and justifiable kill but didn't take them, and magisterrain, because he had some opportunity to lynch jayfin but didn't take it and because of his cop claim which would have been an extremely risky move for a mafia player to make. The middle of the road player is insanepenguin, who had some opportunity to hammer jayfin for an easy kill, but did not take it. The two odd players out are jayfin3, who has been the primary target for lynching on Day 3 so far, and Charrat, who has not changed his vote from so has not yet been "tested" with the temptation of hammering jayfin3. I happen to know that Charrat is innocent, so in my mind, the longer that jayfin3 stays at 2 votes without being lynched, the more likely he mafia.
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Azhrei »

insanepenguin02 wrote:Man, this is a hard situation. I have to say though that I am starting to sway more towards mag being scum than towards being cop. The way that you have brought up how "I'm not that bold.", trying to make us think that benmage solidified your claim as cop before he died.... things just don't seem right. And this was why I brought my suspicion up. I just don't like how you reacted to this suspicion.

Vote mag

Yet I don't know why T-Rex would have been so inactive if he wasnt scum. Therefore, jay is still on the radar.

And without sounding scummy, I am almost wanting a doctor claim to help narrow down the possibilities. I think in the next day, that could be very helpful.
Woah. I was reasonably happy with you being town right up until then. I understand that we should be a little suspicious of magis, on a 'just in case' basis, but there's nowhere near enough evidence to vote for him. I understand, 50/50 chances for there to be no cop to CC, but I sure wouldn't risk the whole game on that kind of a chance. And I don't think most people would, either.
magis wrote: no matter what happens, if we dont get a correct lynch today, we will be at lylo tomorrow.

No! A doctor claim would be a very, very bad thing. For one, the scum could claim doctor (forcing the real one into the open, to counter claim him) which could lead us to lynching our doc. And even if the scum didn't claim doc, then our doc would be out in the open, and you (if you are our cop) or the doctor (whoever he may be) will die tonight. Very, very bad idea!
Charrat wrote:
jayfin has been sitting at one vote away from being lynched since Saturday @ 10:30 am, with one 9 hour interlude on Sunday, and yet we have had no hammer yet. From Sat 10:30 am to Sun 11:30 am, jayfin3 was being voted for by Charrat and insanepenguin. From Sun 8:30 pm to now, jayfin3 was being voted for by Charrat and magisterrain (times are approximate). This suggests to me the following: The two least scummy players are Azhrei, because he had the most opportunities to lynch jayfin for an relatively easy and justifiable kill but didn't take them, and magisterrain, because he had some opportunity to lynch jayfin but didn't take it and because of his cop claim which would have been an extremely risky move for a mafia player to make. The middle of the road player is insanepenguin, who had some opportunity to hammer jayfin for an easy kill, but did not take it. The two odd players out are jayfin3, who has been the primary target for lynching on Day 3 so far, and Charrat, who has not changed his vote from so has not yet been "tested" with the temptation of hammering jayfin3. I happen to know that Charrat is innocent, so in my mind, the longer that jayfin3 stays at 2 votes without being lynched, the more likely he mafia.
Talking in third person is fun? I agree with most of your post. I'm reasonably sure magis is not scum, but he is acting a little odd. penguin just moved right up my list, and jayfin has been steadily moving down, however, I do still find him quite suspicious. Charrat, you're the only person I'm not sure about.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by magisterrain »

wait...a doc claim wouldnt be as bad as everyone is saying, i dont think.

if doc doesnt claim and protects me, it doesnt matter b/c i am most likely going to be roleblocked while the mafia goes after someone else.
if doc does claim, the mafia could kill him directly, and still roleblock me. it wouldnt really be any different.
the only advantage we have in keeping the doctor hidden is that the mafia would probably assume he is going to protect the cop and thus the mafia wouldnt kill the cop, when in fact the doc could try to protect whomever he thinks the mafia is going to kill, including himself. the doc would only have a 1/3 chance of protecting the right person though.
there really is little difference between the doc claiming and not claiming
at this point

also, as it stands someone is lying. a doc claim and a mafia cc would (or a mafia fake claim and a doc cc) actually allow us to narrow our suspects down to 2 . we can then compare the original lies of those people, try to tell which one of them is still lying,etc. if we lynch the doc, then we come back tomorrow and lynch the other.

so, if doc is claiming, we must decide that he should claim first. once we decide, the real doc must claim immediately in order for this to work.
but it should work.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:59 pm

OK. That was a bold move by me to try and get some info out of you guys in the form of reactions. Think me more scummy if you want, that is fine. As long as town wins, I win so I was willing to take a chance there. The meaning behind that vote for mag was to get some reaction out of everyone else. And that is what has happened, which is great! And I liked what I saw as it made me feel more confident about jayfin being scum. The goal was for you guys to think me more scummy but to not jump on it overboard by voting me (If this is unclear, I'm sorry - I'm trying :) ).

I like what I am reading from today (calendar day) and feel more confident that we would be making a good decision with lynching jay. I agree with not outing the doc as I don't think it would be to our best advantage. I hadn't thought of the possibilities that have just been mentioned.

With this said, bear with me townies, and DIE SCUM!!!! Any objections to hammering jayfin???
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

insanepenguin02 wrote:OK. That was a bold move by me to try and get some info out of you guys in the form of reactions. Think me more scummy if you want, that is fine. As long as town wins, I win so I was willing to take a chance there. The meaning behind that vote for mag was to get some reaction out of everyone else. And that is what has happened, which is great! And I liked what I saw as it made me feel more confident about jayfin being scum. The goal was for you guys to think me more scummy but to not jump on it overboard by voting me (If this is unclear, I'm sorry - I'm trying :) ).

I like what I am reading from today (calendar day) and feel more confident that we would be making a good decision with lynching jay. I agree with not outing the doc as I don't think it would be to our best advantage. I hadn't thought of the possibilities that have just been mentioned.

With this said, bear with me townies, and DIE SCUM!!!! Any objections to hammering jayfin???
This is just so...scummy

First of all, you expect us all to watch you vote the claimed cop out of the blue, then claim you will hammer me. And you say this is because you were "testing for reactions"...i don't know how else to say this but...what bullshit.

You say it made you feel more confident about me being scum...How? You didnt' give one reason. You didn't give any logic to your decision. You vote the claimed cop, then make up an excuse after we all get mad at you for it. You are looking very much like scum right now.

And keep in mind, if you are NOT mafia, once you hammer me, you will almost certainly be lynched tomorrow because of this behavior. So if you are just some stupid townie and you hammer this, you will have lost the game for us.
I am good looking
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by magisterrain »

jayfin3 wrote:
insanepenguin02 wrote:
And keep in mind, if you are NOT mafia, once you hammer me, you will almost certainly be lynched tomorrow because of this behavior. So if you are just some stupid townie and you hammer this, you will have lost the game for us.
i kind of agreed with you up to here. insanepenguin's move certainly looks kinda scummy. however then you start acting like you know penguin is in fact town by trying to scare him from doing anything. if you actually suspect penguin is scum and that he will be lynched tomorrow if he hammers you, why would you even bring this fact up to him? wouldnt it be better to let the town bring this up tomorrow after they see he has mislynched you? him?
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by magisterrain »

ebwop: ignore that last "him?"
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

magisterrain wrote:
i kind of agreed with you up to here. insanepenguin's move certainly looks kinda scummy. however then you start acting like you know penguin is in fact town by trying to scare him from doing anything. if you actually suspect penguin is scum and that he will be lynched tomorrow if he hammers you, why would you even bring this fact up to him? wouldnt it be better to let the town bring this up tomorrow after they see he has mislynched you? him?

I was not trying to infer he was town. I have no fucking idea who the mafia is, not that insanepenguin has started acting scummy. i still think Azhrei is suspicious, but I can't just ignore penguin. I was telling insanepenguin, IF he is town, and Azhrei is mafia, that it is a stupid idea to hammer me.
I am good looking
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Azhrei »

insanepenguin02 wrote:OK. That was a bold move by me to try and get some info out of you guys in the form of reactions. Think me more scummy if you want, that is fine. As long as town wins, I win so I was willing to take a chance there. The meaning behind that vote for mag was to get some reaction out of everyone else. And that is what has happened, which is great! And I liked what I saw as it made me feel more confident about jayfin being scum. The goal was for you guys to think me more scummy but to not jump on it overboard by voting me (If this is unclear, I'm sorry - I'm trying :) ).

I'm 50/50 on whether you're really scum, and trying to cover a bad move, or you're telling the truth and you were fishing. If you do decide to hammer and jayfin isn't scum, you're probably dead tomorrow. And guess what? If you're town, then we lose. Just remember that. If you are town, then I think you should be 100% sure jayfin is scum before you go a' hammering. That's the reason I haven't hammered, I'm not convinced - but, it's your choice. Just remember the consequences (assuming you are a townie).
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Azhrei, I know. that is why I want some more info, any objections, any ideas from others because I am still not 100% on jay. However, his threats and scare tactics that he has just tried to push onto me really don't help his case. But by fishing, I knew that I was going to get some slack - I am perfectly aware and ready for that. This will give me hopefully some more info to go off of, honestly. I guess that desperate times call for desperate measures but I want to make sure that the town wins. And actually, I am not worried at all about tomorrow as I want to make the right, informed decision today.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Charrat »

insanepenguin02 wrote:OK. That was a bold move by me to try and get some info out of you guys in the form of reactions.
I am not sure that your "bold move" was a pro-town one. Perhaps you genuinely thought it was a good idea to lure out scum tells from the other players, but it could have easily been an attempt to test the waters and see if anyone has an appetite for lynching mag, who is the closest thing we have to a confirmed townie right now. I am now inclined to think that the last mafia player is likely either you or jayfin3.
FOS insanepenguin02
Azhrei wrote:Talking in third person is fun? I agree with most of your post. I'm reasonably sure magis is not scum, but he is acting a little odd. penguin just moved right up my list, and jayfin has been steadily moving down, however, I do still find him quite suspicious. Charrat, you're the only person I'm not sure about.
Charrat's favourite subject is Charrat. (He's adorable!)
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:44 am

Post by jayfin3 »

jayfin3 wrote:[

You say it made you feel more confident about me being scum...How? You didnt' give one reason.
You didn't give any logic to your decision. You vote the claimed cop, then make up an excuse after we all get mad at you for it. You are looking very much like scum right now.
I am good looking
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Azhrei »

Charrat wrote:
Azhrei wrote:Talking in third person is fun? I agree with most of your post. I'm reasonably sure magis is not scum, but he is acting a little odd. penguin just moved right up my list, and jayfin has been steadily moving down, however, I do still find him quite suspicious. Charrat, you're the only person I'm not sure about.
Charrat's favourite subject is Charrat. (He's adorable!)
It's true!
penguin wrote:
jayfin3 wrote:
You say it made you feel more confident about me being scum...How? You didnt' give one reason.
You didn't give any logic to your decision. You vote the claimed cop, then make up an excuse after we all get mad at you for it. You are looking very much like scum right now.
What's your point? You've just quoted him, and bolded what I see as a reasonably valid point. Please, answer his question, because it is reasonable.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Azhrei »

EBWOP - There should be a quote box for penguin around the jayfin one, oops.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Azhrei »

Or... I just totally screwed up and jayfin said that. Sorry guys, but the first part still stands, and the 'answer the question' part does too.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

...im confused. who are you directing the question at?
I am good looking

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”