Mini 730 - Hard Nights in the City - OVER!

Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:04 am

Post by Danchaofan »

Danchaofan wrote:Gera, you haven't made any attempt to scum-hunt. Again, your last post is all defense. You can begin by listing your top 3-5 (or more if you have more suspicions) of who you think is scum and why.
porkens, gera, please...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:44 am

Post by geraintm »

Atronach - i forgot he was in the game for a long time, he seemed under the radar to me
then he pushed an attack on me, i am not sure if he really believes all he has written. the things he has one me, i would never consider them scummy on someone else

canadian bovine - post on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:57 pm
and Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:45 am
mentions SK. not sure why. why bring it up, is this cause newbie stepping into a game with the possibility of SK confuses them, but as i have said elsewhere i don't think we have any evidence of the existence yet of this.
not sure why the vote on choas

chaos - lurked, nothing to go on. 6 posts total. if this game didn't have sucha quick deadline he would be on 3 or 4 votes by now as pressure

dan - "IP: any flavour on tracker? " this one line i noted and liked. makes me think he got some flavour in his role and was hoping penguin would have something similar. this might be something tiny to go on, but i buy dan as town

don - Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:01 am his post here where he brings up the "more than one player has speculated at the megatheory/don_johnson scum pairing"
i never saw this.
up to this point, i found his posts to be pretty wishy washy, full of quantity but very little quality. i don't find his posts helpful in trying to find scum at all. too often responding to others comments, pressuring them to talk more or him directly asking questions, the whole doc thing, just a waste of time...same with any mention of SK

penguin - hated the way he tried to not claim, really really hated it. if you get to l-1 and people want you to claim, you do it.
if scum, then picked a good role to claim.

juls - seems ok, done decent posting, gotten really sidetracked with the tracker thing.

mega - fixated on penguin for a long long time
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:53 am
this post has don and nameless as top lynch targets, not sure why nameless
sad he didn't make any mention of my post on the night zero kills which were just above him, i wanted credit.
seems happy now to let others make cases on who to lynch and follow. just not getting a good feeling on him, seems eager to find a wagon to jump onto.

nameless - was happy with postings for much of the game, but about the time of the triple scum team
hopped on bandwagon now of me. not sure why. think he just has me as bad player and is happy if i am gone. if that is the case, then lazythinking.

plum - seemed fine, can't get passed how he jumped on my wagon after Atronach post. on monday, plum named nameless, porkens, don and dan all ahead of me in scum lists, and seemed very happy to jump towards me. said some of the reasons atronach's reasons he doesn't agree with, but picks me up for the pushing the random lynch - why didn't plum go after me weeks ago when i made this, and the whole joke i tried to make in my first posts, again, why only use this now to attack me as scum? i don't mind leaving the vote thing on, i've said sorry before as i didn't think it was sucha huge deal but i'll clearly not make that mistake again

porkens, - not really much to go on

overall, a couple of people i like, some i don't, either because i feel they jumped onto wagons or have been looking for them, one who has lurked

not the best reread, done as fast as i could as time is of the essence, but those are my general thoughts on the other players.
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Danchaofan »

can you post a list of players your wouldn't mind lynched? Your suspicions entail bovine, chaos, penguin, mega?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 am

Post by geraintm »

chaos
don
mega
plum
they seem the worst to me. lynching them different matter, if i thought they needed lynching i woul dbe voting for one of them already
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Danchaofan »

geraintm wrote:Atronach - i forgot he was in the game for a long time, he seemed under the radar to me
then he pushed an attack on me, i am not sure if he really believes all he has written. the things he has one me, i would never consider them scummy on someone else
Although, you still haven't acknowledged the fact that you don't seem to have scum hunted much.
geraintm wrote:dan - "IP: any flavour on tracker? " this one line i noted and liked. makes me think he got some flavour in his role and was hoping penguin would have something similar. this might be something tiny to go on, but i buy dan as town
This feels like someone trying to out a power role >.< I never said I had flavor in my role. I ONLY specifically mentioned in the apocalyptic flavor of the OP.

geraintm wrote:penguin -if scum, then picked a good role to claim.
This comment just feels odd...
geraintm wrote:juls - seems ok, done decent posting, gotten really sidetracked with the tracker thing.
Do you think discussing what we should do with our tracker is beneficial?

vote: Geraintm
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Danchaofan »

To clarify, who do you suspect most? Who, if at deadline and you couldn't get your most suspect person lynched, would you settle with as a reasonable lynch?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Juls »

Since geraintm is on my list, I will support this lynch.

Unvote. Vote geraintm

NOTE: This puts geraintm at L-1. Please don't hammer until he has a chance to defend/claim.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:20 am

Post by geraintm »

claim then
Jack of All Trades, i can't focus on anything, i like to imagine myself as randy from my name is earl.
one shot tracker
one shot vig

as i said, i had flavour in my role message, hence my liking that post which was askign for flavour from penguin.

glad that got sorted out quick, you can all either decide to lynch me or go looking for someone else to go lynch.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:22 am

Post by geraintm »

Danchaofan wrote:
geraintm wrote:penguin -if scum, then picked a good role to claim.
This comment just feels odd...
why, tracker is such a weird role, easy to fake with "he didn't do anything, not my fault i picked vanilla townie"
Danchaofan wrote:
geraintm wrote:juls - seems ok, done decent posting, gotten really sidetracked with the tracker thing.
Do you think discussing what we should do with our tracker is beneficial?
yep, planning how to deal with a tracker on day one when you are going to get results from otehr players seemed odd. i knew that i was going to be able to throw in a tracker result too for example, and i strongly suspect there will be mor epro-town info to come after night 1. i considered it a waste of time.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Juls »

Unvote. Vote don_johnson
-------------------------------------
Juls
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:50 am

Post by don_johnson »

geraintm wrote:claim then
Jack of All Trades, i can't focus on anything, i like to imagine myself as randy from my name is earl.
one shot tracker
one shot vig

as i said, i had flavour in my role message, hence my liking that post which was askign for flavour from penguin.

glad that got sorted out quick, you can all either decide to lynch me or go looking for someone else to go lynch.
not sure i buy this. are those your only two abilities? do you get to choose which you use at what time?

if what you say is true, i don't remember ip adding flavour to his role. so why do you believe him? i am rereading the last two pages but want this question answered.

to all, vig is a nightkiller. perfect cover for scum
or
sk.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:05 am

Post by geraintm »

yes, those are my two abilities. i can use one a night, but not both in the same night.
insanepenguin02 wrote:
Danchaofan wrote: IP: any flavor on tracker?
I am not fully understanding, sorry. Do you mean was there any additional info given to me in regarding my role in my message from Mod? I don't want to state any of that in case it is OK.
Mod: Can I state if there was any storyline info in my role message?
SpyreX wrote:
In case it isn't clear from rule #10:

You may NOT quote anything I say to you. You may paraphrase (although be careful) or lie or say nothing.

Just do NOT quote.
penguin wanted to, but wasn't allowed to.

yes, vig could be a good cover for a SK or scum, but i wasn't going to claim and not include it.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

just finished reread. all of geraintm's contributions have come at L-2.
ger wrote:yep, planning how to deal with a tracker on day one when you are going to get results from otehr players seemed odd. i knew that i was going to be able to throw in a tracker result too for example, and i strongly suspect there will be mor epro-town info to come after night 1. i considered it a waste of time.
why did you not speak up previously? the discussion of what to do about ip carried on for several pages. why only mention this now?
ger wrote: chaos
don
mega
plum
they seem the worst to me. lynching them different matter, if i thought they needed lynching i woul dbe voting for one of them already
nice way to squeeze me in knowing full well my lynch is a consideration. way to cover your ass when i flip town.
ger wrote:don - Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:01 am his post here where he brings up the "more than one player has speculated at the megatheory/don_johnson scum pairing"
i never saw this.
up to this point, i found his posts to be pretty wishy washy, full of quantity but very little quality.
i don't find his posts helpful in trying to find scum at all. too often responding to others comments, pressuring them to talk more or him directly asking questions, the whole doc thing, just a waste of time...same with any mention of SK
why are you saying this NOW? the discussions had been going on for most of day 1 and you choose NOW to point out how you feel about these subjects...

atronach has presented the weakest case so far. ger summed it up here:
ger wrote:so far, from what i can see, you have me as scum for not spotting a smiley, for suggesting a random lynch, for forcing penguin to fully claim and for not taking my vote off. that right?
yet he is absent from your scum list?
ger wrote:penguin wanted to, but wasn't allowed to.

yes, vig could be a good cover for a SK or scum, but i wasn't going to claim and not include it.
penguin was allowed to paraphrase. so are you. i suggest you both pm the mod. paraphrase your role pm's and send them to spyrex and let him decide if you are allowed to post. BOTH OF YOU SHOULD DO THIS. why would we have a "tracker"
and
a "jack of all trades"? reasonable, yes, but until i see some flavour i don't know who i can believe. why do you believe ip?

also, i find it interesting that you don't think i have been scum hunting. you could say i have been extraordinarily poorly scum hunting, but to say i haven't been scumhunting to me is extemely suspicious. i have over fifty posts in this game, and though some contain arguments with other players, they are mostly arguments over who i believe to be scum. i have repeatedly pointed out why i think players are scummy. i have backed up every reason i have used with evidence. you can call my evidence weak, but to say it is non existant is a complete misrepresentation of how i have been playing. i believe at this point that you are scum. you were cornered. though your claim doesn't seem desperate, you have pushed the town in my direction with your subtley placed criticism of my play which you have backed up with absolutely ZERO EVIDENCE.

i will withold my vote so as not to get you hammered prematurely, but unless you can explain why you posted the things about me that you already have, and why ip and atronach are absent from your scumlist, then i will support your lynch.

do not try to spin a new case on me. please back up what you have accused me of.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:13 am

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: i have rethought some things and alot will depend on how you respond. however, vig may be an entirely provable claim due to flavor in this game. i.e. if town directs ger's one-shot kill i would think it would not turn up as "beheaded". just a thought. what are others ideas?

P.S. anyone who tries to spin this as me directing the vig is scum. i am opening an avenue for discussion. not telling anyone what to do. directing any town pr is something town should do as a whole with an agreed upon strategy.

ger: i would like you to respond to my reqeust for evidence. if you have made an error i would like you to explain yourself.

seeing as how my current list is unacceptable to most townies and that deadline is approaching i will turn my attention to Atronach. their most recent attack doesn't sit well at the moment, however, i may simply be skewed by ger's response. i will post my assessment later today. until then:

ger please respond.

others: address how we can confirm geraintm. simply letting anyone who claims a power role off the hook on day one with no strategy to confirm any of them is poor play.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 am

Post by canadianbovine »

gera wrote: canadian bovine - post on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:57 pm
and Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:45 am
mentions SK. not sure why. why bring it up, is this cause newbie stepping into a game with the possibility of SK confuses them, but as i have said elsewhere i don't think we have any evidence of the existence yet of this.
not sure why the vote on choas
I was mentioning SK/dual mafia teams because of flavor text.

My vote on chaos is because he hasn't done anything to help the town. 6 whole posts and he's gone. I put my vote on as pressure to try to get chaos omega to come back. no one really bought on.

I DIDNT ACCIDENTLY VOTE ANOTHER POWER ROLE :D yay.

we have 2 days left to lynch, and the two people we've almost lynched have been power roles. I say we vote for chaosomega. He's not posting at all. Not helping the town at all. At least put a few more votes on him and see if he comes back? He hasn't been here for a week. He could be modkilled anyways.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:55 am

Post by canadianbovine »

on the subject of confirming ger...That would be quite hard. He has that one shot tracker ability, and we can put him on the same plan we have for penguin. I just find it weird to have a JOAT with a tracking ability and a tracker also...
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Atronach »

Reading from my cell phone. For now
unvote
. More to come later.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:19 am

Post by don_johnson »

canadianbovine wrote:on the subject of confirming ger...That would be quite hard. He has that one shot tracker ability, and we can put him on the same plan we have for penguin. I just find it weird to have a JOAT with a tracking ability and a tracker also...
he also claimed one shot vig. i agree, though, why two trackers(one being a JOAT)? which is why i would like them both to post a paraphrase of their pms(mod approved of course).
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Porkens »

Why would we have two trackers?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Plum »

Porkens wrote:Why would we have two trackers?
It's possible, I suppose, though the likelyhood . . . meh.

Unvote
for now. DonJ is, of course, my second choice, so my vote's going there for now.

Vote: don_johnson

geraintm wrote: chaos
don
mega
plum
You responded with this when asked to name your top suspects. You're not voting anyone. Can you explain this here?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Porkens »

Shot and Beheaded look like our two kill flavors. Ger, without quoting, can you share any clues you might have as to your kill flavor?
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:49 am

Post by canadianbovine »

you seem to just be following along porkens, you've been on both of these bandwagons. Do you have a list of people you would like to lynch today?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:12 am

Post by don_johnson »

Plum wrote:
Porkens wrote:Why would we have two trackers?
It's possible, I suppose, though the likelyhood . . . meh.

Unvote
for now. DonJ is, of course, my second choice, so my vote's going there for now.

Vote: don_johnson

geraintm wrote: chaos
don
mega
plum
You responded with this when asked to name your top suspects. You're not voting anyone. Can you explain this here?
thank you for your input on my suggestion that both claimed pr's "paraphrase" their pm's. if town directs the vig kill, the flavor of said kill may vindicate geraintm. you people realize that i would not be repeating myself so often if people took what i'm saying seriously and responded to it?

it is possible we have two trackers, but why a tracker and a JOAT with tracker as an ability? i think one of these two is lying.

meta question: also, is anyone familiar with the JOAT role? does it normally only have two abilities? the name suggests to me that their should be more than two options...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:15 am

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: found this on wiki.
The Jack-of-all-trades is a role with
several night abilities
, such as investigating, protecting, etc. Once he has used a type of ability, he won't be able to use it again.
several implies more than two.

i will stop posting for a while. if i am going to be bandwagoned i would like my questions answered and my suggestions considered.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:16 am

Post by canadianbovine »

meta answer: I'm pretty sure the JOAT role can have whichever powers the mod chooses..

side note: If IP and Ger are both telling the truth, and there are in fact two trackers...is it possible there could be 2 vigs?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”