Mini 730 - Hard Nights in the City - OVER!

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Plum »

First thing I need to say:
Megatheory wrote:Since it has come up a few times, I want to put this out there and get some discussion on it:
Megatheory wrote:Ultimately, we don't know anything until there is at least one night phase, and making any conclusions before then is unwise.
Yes, yes. Therefore it's useless, distracting, and anti-town to bring it up for extended discussion. Doubtless DonJ will get into a few long, boring, almost pointless arguments and then . . . what? We won't know enough for certain to have gained everything, and we won't benefit from making WIFOM-prone conclusions as to this sort of stuff Day 1 anyway. So why did you want to bring this up?

Consider this a prelude to a longer post from me this evening, in which I will discuss, I should think, the current state of our town, why I am chagrined (Atronach seemed to have made a decent case on Geraintm two minutes before my post last night), and the fact that I have come to the conclusion that neither Nameless nor Porkens would be an ideal lynch. Should come within an hour or two; twill take a bit of time to write up. See you then.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Plum wrote:First thing I need to say:
Megatheory wrote:Since it has come up a few times, I want to put this out there and get some discussion on it:
Megatheory wrote:Ultimately, we don't know anything until there is at least one night phase, and making any conclusions before then is unwise.
Yes, yes. Therefore it's useless, distracting, and anti-town to bring it up for extended discussion. Doubtless DonJ will get into a few long, boring, almost pointless arguments and then . . . what? We won't know enough for certain to have gained everything, and we won't benefit from making WIFOM-prone conclusions as to this sort of stuff Day 1 anyway. So why did you want to bring this up?
Somebody implied that the two kills are evidence of a serial killer. I'm pretty sure don brought it up while putting together his case on Nameless, or supporting his case, or something like that. I haven't got to that part in my reread yet. I wanted to bring it up because I think it could help me understand his case better.

Don't jump all over me about it. Don (I think) brought it up. Jump all over him.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Plum »

Megatheory wrote:
Plum wrote:First thing I need to say:
Somebody implied that the two kills are evidence of a serial killer. I'm pretty sure don brought it up while putting together his case on Nameless, or supporting his case, or something like that. I haven't got to that part in my reread yet. I wanted to bring it up because I think it could help me understand his case better.

Don't jump all over me about it. Don (I think) brought it up. Jump all over him.
I hear your point here, I think. In any case, I'd rather leave off discussion of setup and such and focus instead on the scumhunt proper. My main post for the night coming in a few short minutes, barring unforseen emergencies.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by Plum »

Back again.

Immediately after I posted my long post last night I realized that I simulposted with Atronch's case on Geraintm, which happens to be rediculously good. To recap how I see it:

I'm not sure what to make of the fact that Geraintm claims he made the old 'you think [my weekend V/LAs] will hurt [the town] that much' for 'shits and giggles' in what he seemed to think would be a hilariously over-the-top 'newbie town' parody. Seems kind of weird and might be a bit much explanation regarding something unsubstantial, but RVS joking is what he seems to be saying it was, and that, too, seems plausible enough, so that's a nulltell in my own mind.

The rest of the case, however, pinpoints some pretty clear scumtells. Lack of substance in the posts overall, for one. For another, jumping onto Porkens' 'I don't really care too much about who gets lynched Day 1' statement in what I read as a scum jumping to agree with [someone else, alignment irrelevent] for his benefit - he didn't indicate that he felt this way until Porkens came out with his style of Day 1 play. Seems to set up a situation where he can advocate a random lynch. Not good. Random lynches mean no info out of Day 1 at all, which is bad. Even Porkens doesn't seem to want to completely waste Day 1.

Geraintm's initial IP vote
seemed
to come after his 'I'm town-aligned and we'll see about a full claim later' post, with such as a main reason, which I actually don't mind too much. It looked evasive, useless, and kinda weird. After that, I might have pused hard for a full claim as well (I happened to get to the thread only after both the 'town' claim and the 'Tracker' claim had been posted, if I recall).

Keeping his vote on after the claim was another thing altogether. As Atronach said, the reason for voting was to pressure him to claim, he claimed a Townie powerrole, and Geraintm kept his vote on IP. On the one hand, that's a vote for a reason that's now obselete, and secondly it was both a useless and scummy place to put the vote. Useless because IP wasn't going to get lynched at that point, no way no how, so there was no potential info out of it. Scummy because it implied that his preferred lynch at that point was IP despite the Tracker claim.

At one point Mega wrote that Geraintm looked like 'unhelpful, low contributing scum.' After reading Atronach's case and Geraintm's weak response to it, which incidentially did not address someof the things I consider scummiest very well, I feel fairly confident that Geraintm's a good lynch.

Unvote; Vote: Geraintm

I continue to be irritated by DonJ - especially his accusation that Juls used scummy 'veiled threats'. It was about time you stopped talking about what you thought the Doctor might/should/should not do, as it was anti-town and distracting etc.

Yes, I do get annoyed that you dismiss or accuse many things as being 'WIFOMic' when they aren't really WIFOM-related.

Stop taking things personally, if you could. Some players are blunt, sharp-tongued, or occasionally temperamental. Unless it gets profane or abusive, I'd advise you to deal as best you can.

And yes, I find you rightfully suspicious. Juls made a fairly good synopsis; in bold are my thoughts on her brief points:
Juls, with me expounding wrote:My suspicions of you are based on:
1) talking about lylo on day 1 and I feel preparing an escape clause for yourself if MT turns out to be town.
Er - slightly scummy, but on its own doesn't worry me too much.

2) being distracting. This is the third "fight" that you have started and have difficulty ending. you and MT had the theory discussion, you had your button/flyer campaign for nameless with few real bites, and now with me, you wouldn't end the doctor discussion despite at least 4 people suggesting it is a bad idea.
Yes, yes, this exactly.

3) you were leading the doctor despite being asked to stop.
This as well

4) you targetting me in an OMGUS kind of way and the other person who finds you suspicious just happens to be on your lynch list. And the third person on your list is IP which at least 3/4 of us find suspicious.
This mostly; my feelings are strongest about stuff mentioned at the beginning of this proof and steadily go down a bit throughout.
Nameless wrote:Another thing that I find suspicious, is that despite nearing deadline and still listing me as his #1 lynch candidate, Don unvotes me. He says "it is obvious noone sees what i am seeing." even when several posts have indicated similar suspicion of me (I've even made Plum's scummy mashup!). He apparently admits tunnel vission, but continues making misleading statements about myself. Basically, without any obvious trigger or change of position, Don has unvoted as we near deadline.
Yes. Appears to admit to tunnelvision and unvotes, but to what end and with what other suspicions? None until illegitimate case on Juls which appears to have elements of OMGUS and nuances of other scumtells; a well-balanced bottle of scum wine. Delicious with fish or chicken dishes, and especially delicate with light fruit desserts. Serve chilled.

So, my top three scummiest are: Geraintm, DonJ and . . . hm . . .DCF, I suppose.

I have come to the conclusion that Porkens' recent posting is of slightly better quality, though his play is unconventional and looks . . . potentially scummy, and that Nameless' scumminess hinges most on noting suspicions of a scumteam at an anti-town time and a bit of wavering about bandwagons. Unless things have slipped my mind. Doubtless there are more specific details which I've discussed, but current gut on them has now shifted to null-at-worst and in light of stronger new or developing cases (see above), they are not among he people I would most rather see lynched today.

IP STOP ACTIVE LURKING YOU SCUMMY FOOL!!! POST, WITH SUBSTANCE, FOR HEAVENS' SAKES! I'M SICK OF THIS!

Sorry for the Caps Lock, all :P.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Nameless wrote: I notice Juls gives the same Lynch List as I do, which is either coincidental, or indicitive that we are both awesome scumhunters (probably not the later). Don has us both on his, and doesn't mention this fact (only that he's on both). Juls already responded to this, but it bears repeating ... there has been nothing "stealthy" about my arguments with Don and ongoing suspicion thereof. I'd say he was strawmanning, but Don is throwing that word around almost as much as wifom. Nevertheless, take note that Don ignores the majority of the reasons I'd lynch him (for a summary, please see #246.)
funny. you must not have read my response to your accusations.(see post #256.) i am not just throwing around terms. i have explained why i am using those terms each and every time anyone hasd asked. try again.
Nameless wrote:Another thing that I find suspicious, is that despite nearing deadline and still listing me as his #1 lynch candidate, Don unvotes me. He says "it is obvious noone sees what i am seeing." even when several posts
have
indicated similar suspicion of me (I've even made Plum's scummy mashup!). He apparently admits tunnel vission, but continues making misleading statements about myself. Basically, without any obvious trigger or change of position, Don has unvoted as we near deadline.

This is a bad thing, and I'd love to hear an explanation for it.
why is this bad? no one seems to agree with me. you mention plum, but they seem disinterested. what's wrong with admitting tunnel vision? i have been focused on you. it occcurs to me that i am not swaying voters. therefore my time is better served trying to do more scumhunting. i can always

vote: nameless

see. its not that hard.
nameless wrote:
don_johnson wrote:the actual words and phrases [Nameless] has chosen to get his points across are what i am suspicious of.
I've been suspected from semantics, from someone who can't even use the term WIFOM sensibly. Well that's just great. Sigh.
this entire game is wifom. but thats just my opinion.

unvote

okay, jump on me for speculating about a possible sk. i have been in games with them. the flavor fits. but i digress. apparently noone wants me to talk.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Plum »

don_johnson wrote:but i digress. apparently noone wants me to talk.
Stop the whiny-townie attitude here, if you please. I'd like you to talk scum-hunting sense. Not speculate about an SK. That speculation is worthless, distracting, and anti-town Day 1.
don_johnson wrote:this entire game is wifom. but thats just my opinion.
You can take this approach to WIFOM if you feel like, it. It's legit enough, I guess. Just realize that if the whole game is WIFOM, WIFOM becomes an inherently useless accusation. I generally reserve WIFOM accusations for the times someone chooses to use a WIFOM-laden statement as an actual defense ala IP.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Megatheory »

don_johnson wrote: okay, jump on me for speculating about a possible sk. i have been in games with them. the flavor fits. but i digress. apparently noone wants me to talk.
I'd love to hear about it. Please. Make your case for there being a serial killer.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Plum wrote:
Stop the whiny-townie attitude here, if you please. I'd like you to talk scum-hunting sense. Not speculate about an SK. That speculation is worthless, distracting, and anti-town Day 1.
Anyone else notice that Plum is trying
really hard
to shut down discussion about a serial killer?

Why now, Plum? It was brought up before!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Megatheory wrote:
Plum wrote:
really hard

Must have lost it in DonJ's long posts, I suppose, not really cared to add on another lump to my long posts entitled 'that setup discussion that lasted a page? It was a waste for reasons X, Y, and Z'. You really want to discuss the possibility of there being an SK? Tell me why you think it would be town-beneficial to do it right now.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Do people have a friggin post restriction where they have to use the acronym "WIFOM" in every post?

Look folks, we need to start easing our way toward a decision here. We have 3 days left and Day 2 is much shorter. We aren't even close.

Mod: Can we get prods on the following people: ChaosOmega, InsanePenguin02

@IP: If we don't hear something from you by tomorrow I am going to start pushing really hard for your lynch. You have been around the site but you are neglecting this game. People are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt despite every scumtell in the book but don't take advantage of us. Post something of substance ASAP.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Juls wrote:
don_johnson 292 wrote:i am trying to gauge how much of your suspicion of me is based on what i am saying, and how much is based on you not liking how i am saying it.
My suspicions of you are based on:
1) talking about lylo on day 1 and I feel preparing an escape clause for yourself if MT turns out to be town.
2) being distracting. This is the third "fight" that you have started and have difficulty ending. you and MT had the theory discussion, you had your button/flyer campaign for nameless with few real bites, and now with me, you wouldn't end the doctor discussion despite at least 4 people suggesting it is a bad idea.
3) you were leading the doctor despite being asked to stop.
4) you targetting me in an OMGUS kind of way and the other person who finds you suspicious just happens to be on your lynch list. And the third person on your list is IP which at least 3/4 of us find suspicious.
thank you for posting them in such a readble way. if i may respond:

1) i have been in lylo as early as day two in other games. day 3 easily. my lylo comment was meant to help town when deciding who to bring with them. i am not a viable endgame townie. my alignment is in such obvious doubt that i really don't see too many scenarios where it is in towns best interest to keep me alive for endgame. i do not believe that i am a good day1 lynch, but i understand i may be a liability for town come endgame.
2)i am not trying to "fight". i have pointed out things i see as scum tells. i have not shut anyone out, nor ignored any single question posed to me. i may not be the best communicator, but i have been trying. i was accused(by nameless) of strawmanning because i listed a series of questions for jul in order to better understand her plan.
3) i was not leading the doctor, i was attempting to engage town in a discussion to find the best way to utilize our uncc'd tracker. i repeated this many many times. saying that i was leading the doctor
is
strawmanning. also, both plum and nameless keep saying that town is so smart. well if they are so smart then why would you even care if i was leading the doctor? if town is so smart then they would know better. anyhow, the point is moot. i never attempted to lead the doctor, i only sought town's help in developing a strategy to deal with ip.
4) i have been suspicious of ip since his "post". that suspicion has never wavered. i have well documented my case against nameless. i have pointed out extremely specific things he has posted as what i see as scumtells. i have not put words in his mouth(which he has repeatedly done to me), and i have unvoted due to lack of interest in his lynch. now he is suspicious because of that? i am in a no win situation here. juls, you have climbed my list because you are agreeing with nameless and i don't see how anyone protown can agree with his pov regarding my posts.

i feel i have been as helpful as i can possibly be. it is not omgus, i just honestly believe that a bandwagon on me would contain most(if not all) of the scum in this game.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Plum wrote:
Megatheory wrote:
Plum wrote:
really hard

Must have lost it in DonJ's long posts, I suppose, not really cared to add on another lump to my long posts entitled 'that setup discussion that lasted a page? It was a waste for reasons X, Y, and Z'. You really want to discuss the possibility of there being an SK? Tell me why you think it would be town-beneficial to do it right now.
Like I posted before, it will help me understand don's case against Nameless. Both of them are good lynch candidates for today (don't take this as gospel, I'm still rereading).
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Plum wrote:
don_johnson wrote:this entire game is wifom. but thats just my opinion.
You can take this approach to WIFOM if you feel like, it. It's legit enough, I guess. Just realize that if the whole game is WIFOM, WIFOM becomes an inherently useless accusation. I generally reserve WIFOM accusations for the times someone chooses to use a WIFOM-laden statement as an actual defense ala IP.
i have not been using wifom as an accusation. i have simply pointed out where players are using it and trying to pass it off as fact.
juls wrote:@IP: If we don't hear something from you by tomorrow I am going to start pushing really hard for your lynch. You have been around the site but you are neglecting this game. People are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt despite every scumtell in the book but don't take advantage of us. Post something of substance ASAP.
QFT. this absence is unacceptable.
mega wrote:I'd love to hear about it. Please. Make your case for there being a serial killer.
plum is somewhat correct. talking setup is not going to be helpful, however, my case on nameless is what jumpstarted the speculation. the flavor is what got me thinking on it at the start of the game but i ignored it for a bit. when nameless began "isolating" himself it just kind of grabbed me. it is speculation. i just completed a game where i thought there was an sk and was wrong. turned out to be two families. so guessing at this stage may not be helpful. however, i don't see anything anti-town about simply bringing it up. plum's reaction is a bit harsh.
plum wrote:Stop the whiny-townie attitude here, if you please. I'd like you to talk scum-hunting sense. Not speculate about an SK. That speculation is worthless, distracting, and anti-town Day 1.
not whining. just not going to keep talking to the wall. i've been scumhunting since page 1. nameless is at the top of my list, but noone seems to want to go and reread his and my posts. if you do you will see how he is spinning every argument i make to look scummy. he is not explaining
himself
at all, nor does he respond to my accusations. he just brushes them aside behind a curtain of insulting comments. if you read my replies to his accusations you will see a much more cohesive line of explanations regarding my own actions.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: regarding the sk/nameless case. my suspicions are not solely that nameless is sk. mafia tend to isolate themselves as well. his actions have convinced me that he is anti-town. the rest is my own speculation. please reread my posts. i posted more evidence based suspicions that we are no longer discussing. read where he accuses me of not replying to post 246. then read 256 and tell me what you think.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The Atronach: Absorbing all yer magickz votecount:

Gerantim (2): Atronach, Plum

Danchaofan (1): Nameless
Don_johnson (1): Juls
ChaosOmega (1): canadianbovine
Insanepenguin02 (1): ChaosOmega

With 12 alive, it takes 7 of you to send one to feed the hounds.

Deadline: Thursday, January 22nd, 10:30 PM PST

Notes:

Prods have been sent.
I will not have replacements. There is only modkills. Deal with lurkers how you will.
There is no plurality lynch. It is 7 or no lynch.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Sorry, I am picking up my prod.

PT conferences were tonight and far too much other stuff right now. I will read up and post soon.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Hey don, if you really think Nameless is scum you shouldn't give up so easily.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Megatheory »

In fact, both of you should be summarizing cases against the other. We need a good lynch today.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Nameless »

Unvote: Danchaofan
Vote: Gerantim

I am really getting tired of Don repeating himself, and sorry Mega, but I do not have the effort to repeat myself again as well. Some players need to learn to agree to disagree or at least agree to stop typing the same friggin' thing once they've said their point and resume scumhunting. (Protip: This is not setup discussion or planning D2.) Plum's caps lock = justified. Not liking Mega lately, don't think he's being as helpful as he's pretending to be. And yes, I am only changing my vote now to bandwagon a different player I decided would be a good lynch, we are pretty much reaching that time of D1.

That's all for now, not really in the mood. Plenty of free time between now and deadline, expect something more helpful later, hopefully.
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:20 am

Post by Danchaofan »

Juls wrote:@Danchaofan - It was don and a couple others that had a problem with Nameless naming a scum-pairing. I do not have a problem with it. The only thing I have mentioned having a problem with in regards to Nameless is him throwing out several arguments and possibly muddying the water with "over analysis".
I see you never commented on the whole, "I don't like D1 scump-pair speculations." I thought you had taken the stance that D1 speculation into scum pairs is bad.
Atronach wrote:
Danchaofan wrote:Your following posts seem to jump around hunting one person at a time (juls and dj). I don't feel a solid connection between your cases or you following up any suspicions or actively perusing a lynch.
You are going to have to do a lot to convince me that I should have been seeking a lynch on those two that early in the game. I do not find pursuing lynches is as useful as pursuing scum that far from deadline.
I just felt your posts seemed to be testing the waters. When they didn't get much attention you just moved somewhere else. Also, I'm looking at each player's posts in isolation so I lost track of where we were at the game. Perhaps it wouldn't be the right choice of words to say "pursue a lynch".
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:31 am

Post by geraintm »

Atronach wrote:
geraintm wrote:
Atronach wrote: Post #126: He claims he doesn't realize an emoticon means something is a joke then spouts very generic advice about scumpairing. Nothing remotely substantive here.
the emoiticon was =P, one i don't use ever myself. i missed it. i think someone else did too.
I'll look back and see who that "someone else" was since I know you will not. Even with that though, I'm not buying it. It is none-the-less suspicious.
it was post 63
what aren't you buying?
go read my post on the 12th when i made mention of the line from dan. it wasn't a big deal i made, i was just a query to him. i don't know why you are bashing me with it so much...
Atronach wrote: [quote"geraintm"]re: random lynching. sorry if my post was misunderstood. my job is stats so i was just sorta going through the maths of day ones. i was trying to talk in a vague sense in response to someone else's comment
I don't think it was misunderstood at all. It
was
vague. That's the reason it stood out to me as suspicious. It looks like a vague suggestion for a random lynch.[/quote]

where on earth did i suggest random lynching for this game? i made no push for a random lynch in this game or any game (except a weird themed mirrodin one i played last year but that was a really weird case and it was a lynching, it was a seruming)

geraintm wrote:
Porkens wrote: I *hate* day 1, I honestly don't care who we lynch. There, I said it.
i actually sorta agree with this in a meta way. has anyone done the stats on this over the whole site, what % of day one lynches are mafia compared with the number of mafia? i strongly suspect mafia come out best and town would be better off random lynching day one...
that is the bit you are attacking me for, you are using this as my attempt to push for a random lynch in this game as something scummy i have done. but please point out where i did that in this post or elsewhere. i put in the phrase "sorta agree with this in a meta way" to clearly take this part of my post outside this game...
Atronach wrote:
Even with the random lynch jump aside, you put him back at L-1 and forced a power role to claim.
what was wrong with me getting him to claim. he had been very vague in his claiming, and i felt there was no way a player could be that vague and be allowed to get away with it
here, i'll try it too. i have a power role. but i am not going to tell you till you really mean you want to know what it is....

does that work? cause that is what penguin had done.
Atronach wrote:
It is because you stood behind your vote even after he had claimed.
i said i didn't have anywhere else better to put it so didn't move it, that is different to saying i still felt he was going to get lynched.
someone asked me what about the risks of a bandwagon forming over the weekend when i was there, well i thought if that did happen, would have been worth leaving my vote there to see it occur.

so far, from what i can see, you have me as scum for not spotting a smiley, for suggesting a random lynch, for forcing penguin to fully claim and for not taking my vote off. that right?

plum, i brought up the night zero kills because there had been discussion of possible sk because of the two kills, i wanted to kill that discussion till there is some evidence. i didn't mean to sidetrack talk today now with that, i was trying to kill talk on a pointless topic of the existence of a SK.
Plum wrote: For another, jumping onto Porkens' 'I don't really care too much about who gets lynched Day 1' statement in what I read as a scum jumping to agree with [someone else, alignment irrelevant] for his benefit - he didn't indicate that he felt this way until Porkens came out with his style of Day 1 play. Seems to set up a situation where he can advocate a random lynch. Not good. Random lynches mean no info out of Day 1 at all, which is bad. Even Porkens doesn't seem to want to completely waste Day 1.
grrr. i didn't advocate it. my post clearly was meant for outside the game. why on earth would i bring it up unless someone else had, porkens, because it really has no place in this game. i was just sharing my thought on the matter because someone else had.
but please point to where i pushed for a random lynch. please. i never have. my post basically was saying that i thought the sums were town would have a better chance of lynching scum day one when they have no info by going random than trying to work out who the scum were, but i know that is never going to happen as defeats the whole point of playing mafia.
Plum wrote:
Geraintm's initial IP vote
seemed
to come after his 'I'm town-aligned and we'll see about a full claim later' post, with such as a main reason, which I actually don't mind too much. It looked evasive, useless, and kinda weird. After that, I might have pused hard for a full claim as well (I happened to get to the thread only after both the 'town' claim and the 'Tracker' claim had been posted, if I recall).
glad you wrote this. you seem to agree that i was justified to vote for penguin. i should have just put this as my reply to Atronach rather than writing it myself.
Plum wrote:
Keeping his vote on after the claim was another thing altogether. As Atronach said, the reason for voting was to pressure him to claim, he claimed a Townie powerrole, and Geraintm kept his vote on IP. On the one hand, that's a vote for a reason that's now obselete, and secondly it was both a useless and scummy place to put the vote. Useless because IP wasn't going to get lynched at that point, no way no how, so there was no potential info out of it. Scummy because it implied that his preferred lynch at that point was IP despite the Tracker claim.
ok, everyone really dislikes that i didn't unvote. am sorry. it won't happen in this game again.
Plum wrote:
At one point Mega wrote that Geraintm looked like 'unhelpful, low contributing scum.' After reading Atronach's case and Geraintm's weak response to it, which incidentially did not address someof the things I consider scummiest very well, I feel fairly confident that Geraintm's a good lynch.
which bits did you find scummiest? i have tried to answer as best i can.
[/i]
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:52 am

Post by Danchaofan »

Ok, looking over old posts isn't helping much everything has been mulled over and as a newbie I think I'll have a particularly hard time reaching new insight. So, I think I'm going to try and look over more recent posts.

Gera, you haven't made any attempt to scum-hunt. Again, your last post is all defense. You can begin by listing your top 3-5 (or more if you have more suspicions) of who you think is scum and why.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:41 am

Post by Porkens »

Ger wrote:i don't know why you are bashing me with it so much...
Plea to emotion.
Ger wrote: I don't think it was misunderstood at all. It was vague. That's the reason it stood out to me as suspicious. It looks like a vague suggestion for a random lynch.
I think I may have started this with my comment on the probability of megatheory's plan catching scum. My original formula was wrong, obviously;
and the correct one would depend entirely on whether all the scum visit the target or not.
ger wrote:where on earth did i suggest random lynching for this game?
Here: [quote="ger]i strongly suspect mafia come out best and town would be better off random lynching day one... [/quote]

I think it's pretty clear what you mean here; from your experience, you guyss random lynching day 1 has a statistically better chance to hit scum than not. And that's
fine
with me, you can state that.

I don't think it's scummy to suggest a random lynch day 1. What is scummy-est is all the backpedaling about this statement that you've done.

unvote, vote: Geraintm
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Porkens »

I think I may have started this with my comment on the probability of megatheory's plan catching scum. My original formula was wrong, obviously;
and the correct one would depend entirely on whether all the scum visit the target or not.

Wait, sorry, no. I was thinking of the watcher role.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:59 am

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote:
Ger wrote:i don't know why you are bashing me with it so much...
Plea to emotion.
nope, gen puzzlement, the whole thing has been gone over so many time over so many weeks.

Porkens wrote: I don't think it's scummy to suggest a random lynch day 1. What is scummy-est is all the backpedaling about this statement that you've done.
i didn't suggest it though, my post was making a meta-guess that town is better off random lynching day one. i didn't suggest it. i didn't say, hey porkens, as we both agree this why don't we get some dice rolling and pick a target...
here are 2 days left. i am being psuhed towards a lynch and i really, really don't want the next 2 days to be wasted with me being pushed up towards 7 days. i want to forestall that as quickly as possible if people want me to, but that needs to be sorted out in the next 4 hours because i go away for the night then.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”