Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by dahill1 »

caf19 wrote:
dahill1 wrote:i'm not suspicious of kmd for voting zazie. again to everyone reading,
it's not because he voted for zazier
. however, his explanation of (this is an indirect quote) "btw it's not to bandwagon her" struck me as strange and unnecessary, and i find that scum would be much more likely to say something because of their mindset. please answer this: why would town feel the need to include saying that it wasn't to bandwagon?
I don't really see why town or scum would 'feel the need'. My take on the matter is that it goes down as a minor point against Kmd for being too apprehensive - but this is the sort of point that gets noted down and returned to later when necessary. It's not worth immediate voting and willingness to lynch, so I'm confused as to why you (and Darox) are treating it in this manner. More worrying still is your lack of reasoning to go with the confirm vote, as if it were obvious why he should be voted for. Sorry, but it isn't. Care to elaborate?
well from scum perspective, they don't want to attract votes and kmd admitted himself that he believed he would receive votes if he bandwagonned. of course, i don't want to lynch kmd or have him claim right away over only that, that'd be silly. however, it was one thing of note that had stuck out to me, and i thought it was deserving of a vote. i'm not going LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH, but rather trying to show others (such as Isacc) my points. think of it more as a pressure vote.
as for the confirm vote, sorry that was my fault and i'll elaborate now.
Kmd4390 wrote:I've given the most explanation I possibly could. I was going to vote Zazie, saw some votes already there, and voted anyway. There is nothing behind the Zazie vote.

I do like the fact that we are actually discussing who could be scum now, and not just being random.
to start, he continued to focus more on the fact that i was attacking him for voting zazier, which i had (clearly IMO) shown that i was not. this is a weaker point, and i could understand people disagreeing on this. next, however was him being hypocritical. he's making it out to seem like he was the "serious" one (while we were all joking around) who wanted to scumhunt, while in fact he too was messing around. this one just feels wrong to me.
Plum wrote:I honestly do not get any scumvibe off of that. You might, Dahill, but I don't. Might just be me, but I read that as 'Vote Zazie. RVS explanation: My own custom of voting her, though apparently there's an unrelated bandwagon on her as well, how fun'. I understand you're getting a scum-vibe off it.
different strokes, etc.
i read it more as trying not to attract votes
Isacc wrote:Why would a town feel the need to say it wasn't a bandwagon? Well, a town wouldn't want an opportunistic scum to jump on them.
they wouldn't? i don't know about you guys, but i sure would so i could catch them. i agree with you, voting someone for "bandwagonning" after only placing the 3rd vote is stupid and i wouldn't vote someone for doing that. but the hypothetical townie in this example is nowhere close to being lynched, so why would they fear a couple votes?
Isacc wrote:Why is it weird to you that a person explains their actions as they do them? How in the world does that make it scummy?
it's specific to this situation wherein he looks (at least to me) like he's trying to avoid votes.
Isacc wrote:And yes, the random voting stage matters, but not for the reasons you're trying to say. The votes themselves will rarely ever provide any significance (they are RANDOM).
again, votes definitely can provide significance, especially in these types of games where there appears to be a wealth of role-related knowledge that different people have.
Isacc wrote:The random stage is valuable in that it leads to non-randomness.
and how will it lead into non-randomness without a significant event occurring? :teach:

if i'm coming out all jumbled then sorry. darox or sly, if you get what i mean and can explain it better, please do so.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

The random phase starts off pretty much random. The thing that turns it serious is when someone takes a small tell and starts pursuing a real point off of it. That's what is happening here.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Coheed - 2.7 - [Elvis, Kmd]
Caf - 3.14 - [Zazie]
Sly - 305392904 - [Coheed]
Isacc - 32525 - [imaginality]
Elvis - MMMMMMMMMLVII - [Sly]
Kmd - 46 -[Dahill]
PJ - 0 - [Glork]
Ross Perot - -5 - [Glork, Darox, Mirth]

Not Voting - 3593 - [Isacc, Caf, Plum]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1

Can someone enlighten me as to who killed the Kennedys?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Mirth wrote:
Can someone enlighten me as to who killed the Kennedys?
Simple.

Aliens.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Isacc »

Dahill, I will start by saying you have defended yourself well, and my worries towards you have lessened significantly. That said, there are still some parts of your argument I disagree with.

I think a scum and town are both likely to want to explain their actions the way Kmd did. Yes, you make a point that a scum mindset could lead to his comments, but I feel it's also a likely action for a town to have made, which is why I say, I don't think it points towards scum.

And yeah, so maybe some town players would love for a scum to jump on them. But I've had idiot townies jump on me over stupid stuff, and then screw everything up by making dumb remarks that get them mislynched, or else convince other idiots to start attacking me, when we're both town.

Anyways, point I am making is that it seems reasonable for one to want to explain his actions, regardless of if they are town or scum.

As to your random voting stage opinions, I maintain that it's not the vote themselves that make it helpful. It's the responses that are important, like your and Kmd's little debate.

So anyways, that's my feelings. Pleasure discussing with you dahill.

(geez I'm channeling old west this last post...just watched Appaloosa xD)
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I believe that scum give off tells in the random phase, but I also think that the weirder tha game, the less you can see as tells in the random phase. The more idiotic people are acting, the less you can make of the random phase. There is a high level of idiocy in this game. Therefor, I am not interested in looking for tells in the random phase.

Also, I read the book Appaloosa.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, voting Ross Perot is fun and all, but let's not be voting him on page 10, please.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:14 am

Post by dahill1 »

Isacc wrote::words:
that's completely fine. i can see someone viewing this in a different way, but this is mine
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:15 am

Post by dahill1 »

elvis_knits wrote:The more idiotic people are acting, the less you can make of the random phase.
how's that?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Because idiotic and scum look eerily similar.
Talk nerdy to me.

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:55 am

Post by dahill1 »

elvis_knits wrote:Because idiotic and scum look eerily similar.
in some cases, yeah. but not all
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:55 am

Post by imaginality »

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Glork »

I vas avay oll veekend, back now.

Zere's really not much to say at zis moment. Dahill seeems town.

I vood still like to vote for Pee Jay.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Glork »

Olso, interesting zat Imaginality posted zis boolsheet after EK made her Idiotic/Scum point. I believe ve vill haf to make exceptions for zis particular game.

Olso, vood any like to translate ze ZazieR posts? Any vis no restriction?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by imaginality »

Even eeff I can not vif half my posts say anysing useful, at leest I can occasionally post thees lyrics at mildly relevant and/or ironic ways/times, yes? :)

The rezent dahill v kmd stuff... I see eet how dahill sees eet.

But I do not sink Plum or Isacc or caf deliberately misunderstanding dahill's point, at least not obviously.

On my second hand, Kmd's responses, zey vorry me a bit.

I think zees in particular:

A

Kmd4390 wrote:Yeah, I agree there.

Like in the random phase, when people call a 3rd vote on a bandwagon scummy in a mini, that's not even close to a lynch, but it always seems to make people vote over it.
dahill1 wrote:does that mean you were trying to avoid a vote when you posted this explanation for voting zazier?
Kmd4390 wrote:No. It was a normal jokevote. I always vote her.
kmd's response seems to deliberate missing ze point of dahill's question vhich vhas (at zis point) clearly about explanation not vote eetself.

B

Kmd4390 wrote:I was going to vote her anyway and then saw a couple votes already on her. I wasn't going to not vote her just because of 2 votes though, so I said what I said. There really isn't any other motive to it or anything.
Zis combined with first quote above suggests kmd's explanation vas attempt to forestall question/attack over kmd's vote.

C

Kmd4390 wrote:If I was just bandwagoning, I'd have said so. I wasn't, so I said I wasn't.
False dichotomy, you could have to said nothing either vay.

D

Kmd4390 wrote:I do like the fact that we are actually discussing who could be scum now, and not just being random.
Zis last one not anything strong, yust hunch, because seems overly pleasant.

Together, in absence of anythingk elz much, I am finding Kmd4390 slightly scummy which is more than most others. (Still haf some doubts about caf and lemonade, but prepared to wait and see on zat front.)

Unvote; vote: Kmd4390
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Responding to letters without quotes out of laziness.

A. My reasoning WAS that I always vote her. I see his point, but it's weak. I've said several times that if people vote me to get out of the random phase, that's fine. If I got called out for bandwagoning Zazie just to start discussion, fine.

B. Honestly not sure what you mean. Please clarify.

C. I didn't sit there and think, "Hmm, maybe I shouldn't say that because it will look scummy." My bad I guess?

D. Not sure what the point is here.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by imaginality »

Alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Mirth »

Sly, Coheed, and Zazie have been prodded
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:33 am

Post by dahill1 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Responding to letters without quotes out of laziness.

A. My reasoning WAS that I always vote her.
i'm starting to think you are deliberately avoiding the point
Kmd4390 wrote:I see his point, but it's weak. I've said several times that if people vote me to get out of the random phase, that's fine. If I got called out for bandwagoning Zazie just to start discussion, fine.
ok....then
why
did you say "this isn't a bandwagon vote"?

if you're answer is "because it wasn't", then why do you feel the need to include something that a vote is not when voting?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

dahill, I've said this I don't even know how many times.

I don't know why. I just did. I saw the other votes and knew that in most situations, my vote would just be a random bandwagon vote. I wanted to point out that I was voting Zazie just because I like to vote her. That's all there is to it. Nothing more.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by caf19 »

dahill's responses seem acceptable. He doesn't seem much like scum to me (but nor does Kmd, still). More input needed from Coheed still - you can't just stay silent until the pressure on you fades away.
Glork wrote:I vood still like to vote for Pee Jay.
But why? Or does this just mean there aren't any actual people you want to vote for.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

CC is V/LA. Saw this in another thread.

He did not post it in *this* thread or PM me, as it says in my rules, which he obviously did not read. The prod stands.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:24 am

Post by caf19 »

Kmd4390 wrote:CC is V/LA. Saw this in another thread.
Ah, thanks for the heads up.

In the mean time............. lemonade? :)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I've gone from ignoring the weirdness to wanting to see if I can understand some of it.
imaginality wrote:Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha
I just googled this.

Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WdMLr8Vftc

It's the most annoying and funniest thing at the same time.

I didn't really arrive at any conclusions about imaginality, but... I had to post this.
Talk nerdy to me.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Darox »

Very important question: Which is superior, a Lion or a Tiger?

I can say however that kmd is definitely inferior to both in a cage match, so with that in mind
Vote Kmd4390

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”