Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Korts »

Rhinox has this under control, it seems. One thing to add:
freeko wrote:Which one is it? Is there scum on LT's wagon? Or am I scum now, because I was exploring the possibility of a link between LT and Occam? If you missed a MINOR little detail, I do not have my vote on Occam. Nor did my vote ever get placed on Occam at any point.
This only makes the fishing point more certain, you see; by not having your vote on him, you practically prove the point that you suspect they might be connected town.

Mod-Edit Votecount 1-6

freeko - 5 (Korts, Rhinox, MonkeyMan, Sipylus, Occam)
Lunar Tick - 2 (Rogue Shenanigans, Kiro)
BSG - 1 (Prom King)
Rogue Shenanigans - 1 (freeko)
MonkeyMan - 1 (BSG)
Not Voting - Lunar_Tick, Raider

With 12 left, 7 to lynch.
scumchat never die
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:34 am

Post by freeko »

So by your logic, If I were to have moved my vote over to him first( or at any time?), I would have been perfectly justified in exploring the defense of LT by someone who is not LT?

The only reason I can see why someone is defending someone else this early in the game is because they are linked. Masons? Maybe. Lovers? More than likely this is what I think (and why I did not move my vote). Scum? You cannot tell me that it is not worth exploring this possibility.

Though I will say this, my vote is where I believe it is most likely to stay. I have not been convinced by Rouge that his choice of path was not either pre-meditated or some manner of an act of sabotage that will come into play later in the game. I cannot help but think that he has knowledge of the path and knows what will come from going certain ways good or bad.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Korts »

freeko wrote:The only reason I can see why someone is defending someone else this early in the game is because they are linked. Masons? Maybe. Lovers? More than likely this is what I think (and why I did not move my vote). Scum? You cannot tell me that it is not worth exploring this possibility.
Here's the thing: you put words into Occam's mouth. You asked him directly whether they were lovers. If you were suspecting him of being scum defending either town or scumpartner, you would ask him why he did it, not give him possible explanations; this is, of course, in addition to the fact that you're giving
two
town PRs if Occam is indeed a lover and you force him to reveal himself. ERGO rolefishing you were.

Also, nice baseless accusations at RS.
scumchat never die
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:02 am

Post by freeko »

No more or less baseless than his choice of path.
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Sipylus »

This is hillarious no? Just for reference I'm going to quote the original vote again:
freeko in #13 wrote:
vote : rogue shenanigans
for choosing a path without asking anyone else. Maybe it is you who hangs from the lynching tree?
Even with freeko's vote still being in place 100+ posts later, I read this four times before the posibilty that it wasn't a joke vote entered my mind. So I asked why freeko hadn't moved his vote to the people who was suspicous of - the anyone I refer to below is Occam.
Sipylus wrote:
freeko
- You don't seem to have found anyone better to vote for, and your vote on RS seems jokish? Why didn't you vote for Occam? Or is your vote on RS serious?
freeko wrote:I have not been convinced by Rouge that his choice of path was not either pre-meditated or some manner of an act of sabotage that will come into play later in the game. I cannot help but think that he has knowledge of the path and knows what will come from going certain ways good or bad.
Korts wrote:Also, nice baseless accusations at RS.
freeko wrote:No more or less baseless than his choice of path.
This says to me that if I believe RS's vote was random, I should believe that your vote is scummy dirt throwing. As this *is* what I believe, its a good thing I'm already voting for you.

I'm off for the weekend in a few hours, I'll try to at least have a look in everyday but I can't be certain I'll be able to post before Monday my time.
"Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be."
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Rudner]Rita Rudner[/url]
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Occam »

sip wrote: This says to me that if I believe RS's vote was random, I should believe that your vote is scummy dirt throwing. As this *is* what I believe, its a good thing I'm already voting for you.
QFT
Slice.
Prom King
Prom King
Townie
Prom King
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Post by Prom King »

Freeko is innocent.

Take it from me... WINK WINK. I KNOW this for sure WINK WINK.

Unvote BSG, Vote Occam

I just see a lot of talking over talking over talking in this first day.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:56 am

Post by freeko »

ok, I made my random vote on RS. Then I actually explored the possibilities. Shockingly I found an actual reason to leave my vote there, If you bother to read well.. anything, you would see this.

Should I have unvoted, and then dropped my vote on the same person? Seems like a waste of time to me.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:09 am

Post by raider8169 »

Prom King wrote:Freeko is innocent.

Unvote BSG, Vote Occam

Yeah the cat is out of the bag how would you "know" this?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Korts »

Good job on the subtlety there :roll:

freeko, your reason for keeping your vote on RS is still nothing more than BS. Is it really just that he based his choice on apparently nothing? Because that doesn't prove anti-town intentions.
scumchat never die
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Occam »

Ok, I don't buy PK's "claim" or whatever that was supposed to be. He is probably freek's scum partner if freek flips scum. Also, wtf is over talking?

And freek, how about GIVING US that reason instead of just saying "if you read you'll see it".???
Slice.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Korts »

Hmm.
Prom King, his 3rd post wrote:
BSG wrote:
FoS Prom King
for that circular argument made in post 50.
:roll:

unvote korts
vote BSG
Prom King, his 4th post wrote:Freeko is innocent.

Unvote BSG, Vote Occam

I seem to remember his motives for that vote questioned; yet he never answers anything directed at him, and fails to give reasoning for both of these votes. I get the sense of lurking, opportunistic scum; and with his attempt at stalling the freeko wagon, he's definitely scummy. I get the feeling we got two scum here.
scumchat never die
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Occam »

Any real power role would have been at least slightly more subtle than that - I don't see much reason to buy it.
Slice.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 am

Post by freeko »

Or we are 2 masons? Maybe now you understand why I was exploring another linked pair possibility. Because I have a link with another player in this game.

At least your little wagon got you some information.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Korts »

unvote

Guess I'll have to go reread.
scumchat never die
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:24 am

Post by raider8169 »

freeko wrote:Or we are 2 masons? Maybe now you understand why I was exploring another linked pair possibility. Because I have a link with another player in this game.

At least your little wagon got you some information.
This is not the information that should come out during the first day though. Not only were you forced to claim but you gave your mason partner away too. Of course your mason partner needs to confirm it.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Occam »

Also, being "connected" as masons doesn't mean the two aren't "connected" as scum - but that's a gambit that I can't see working in the long run - it's important to keep in mind, though, because allowing them to cruise to endgame on a mason claim is bad.

Based on this information I got in my role pm, it's somewhat hard to believe that there are masons in this setup - but I won't rule out the possibility entirely. It just doesn't really make sense.

I still want Prom King to define "overtalking" - if I were to call anything "overtalking" it would be claiming as it happened on day one.
Slice.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Korts »

Either way, Occam, after this claim, it is bad play to lynch either of them today. That is, of course, if Prom King confirms this, which I assume he will, judging from his earlier reaction to the freeko wagon.
scumchat never die
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Rhinox »

..... :annoyed:

unvote
, pending confirmation from PK

I shouldn't have to ask you to spell it out, but just to be sure... freeko, does your role state that you know PK is town? Same for PK... do you know for sure freeko is town? Without that certainty, the mason claim doesn't mean much.

[side rant]
Why is it that whenever I play in games with masons, the masons play the scummiest and are forced to reveal themselves D1... 2 games with masons, same result... 'course, last time I was SK, so I didn't mind. :twisted:
[/side rant]
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Occam »

unvote

I will
vote: Kiro
Slice.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:27 am

Post by freeko »

Raider, my mason partner gave ME away actually. We are actually what looks to be 3rd party masons. Our victory condition (at least mine) is simply to get to the town alive on day 6. I also have the town win condition of winning when all scum are found. It is unknown to me what PK's alignment is.

Personally, I dont see how my role is a "power" role. The only thing I have is the ability to talk with someone else during the night phase.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

Raider, my mason partner gave ME away actually. We are actually what looks to be 3rd party masons. Our victory condition (at least mine) is simply to get to the town alive on day 6. I also have the town win condition of winning when all scum are found. It is unknown to me what PK's alignment is.

Personally, I dont see how my role is a "power" role. The only thing I have is the ability to talk with someone else during the night phase.
IMO, being a mason is a power role because someone can confirm your innocents if you are told your mason partners allignment.

That being said, I'm a tad confused about the inconsistancies between what you just said was in your role, and when PK said he knew you were town.

As far as I always knew, masons were either confirmed (you know each other's allignment) or unconfirmed (you don't know each others allignment). PK claimed he knows you're town, but you claim you don't know PK's allignment. Can anyone here more experienced with masons tell me if that sort of thing (1 mason being confirmed, the other being unconfirmed) has happened before, and if it seems reasonable.

Regarding PK, if he is sure you're town, and you're unsure he is town, then this claim gives us valuable (and from now on, confusing) information about PK... either he is town and he believed you knew he was town, and he outed you to save you and confirm 2 townies, -or- he's scum gambiting that it would make him seem confirmed as town by preventing his mason partner townie from being lynched.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by freeko »

I cannot directly quote my role pm, so I cannot really answer it better. He knows my alignment (town), but I do not know his it seems. The last line of my pm says something to that effect. That I am not sure of his alignment.

Due to the forum crash right before the game started, it did not give me any time in the pregame to actually discuss anything wtih him. Though if I were to guess either way, I would lean towards town. Would it be unreasonable to ask for someone who has an investigative ability to look into him?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Rhinox »

freeko wrote:Would it be unreasonable to ask for someone who has an investigative ability to look into him?
I'm not sure if that would be the best thing. In my other game with masons, someone suggested a cop investigate one of them, and it was pretty much shot down by everyone as the worst idea ever, although I'm not exactly sure why. Mainly, I think, because the cops investigation choice shouldn't be determined by the town, since there are scum who could manipulate the cop.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Occam »

freek wrote: Raider, my mason partner gave ME away actually. We are actually what looks to be 3rd party masons. Our victory condition (at least mine) is simply to get to the town alive on day 6. I also have the town win condition of winning when all scum are found. It is unknown to me what PK's alignment is.
HUH?

unvote - vote: freeko

That makes no sense for a variety of reasons - your win condition is to be alive on day 6? Mine doesn't say anything about ME being alive on day 6 - nor does it specifically mention "day 6".

Freek and PK are either third-party or scum.
Slice.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”