Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Kinetic wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:Kinetic: You're not dead. Now explain yourself.
I'm Mao.

I didn't learn this until my ultimate went off today. In fact, I didn't know my role until today, all I knew was that "I thought I was town". I literally had no idea if I was town, scum, neutral, etc, until today. Then I learned I'm Mao. The only thing I can think of here is that scum are losing a LOT more from not knowing the rules than the town. Either that or perhaps there is something else.

The fact that ever since someone speculated I might be Mao I've been a major target. Yesterday Kariyuu was the same. I can understand why town would want to lynch me (even though I am town, I am blocking the rules from being revealed), but I think that the scum in particular have a reason to kill me.
...that is serious, serious bullshit. How is not knowing the rules going to help the scum more than the town? Similar to Kairyuu, you are dropping hints with no substance. In fact, in your post, you are saying it's scummy to attack you.

You might be town...so I have a proposition. If you know the rules and are hiding them...why not prove it? Show us the rules. Prove your roleclaim. Can you do this or will this result in a modkill?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Happy birthday qwints!
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kinetic wrote:Who is to say that Mao can't be neutral? I agree with DGB completely. Whack someone else and lynch kair if we don't hit scum on the whack.
Look what Kinetic said day 2, when he (supposedly) knew his role.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

EBWOP: That was day 3. My bad. Forgot what day we're on.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by iamausername »

Xylthixlm wrote:Look what Kinetic said day 2, when he (supposedly) knew his role.
Xylthixlm wrote:EBWOP: That was day 3. My bad. Forgot what day we're on.
Kinetic (Today) (Which is Day FOUR) wrote:In fact, I didn't know my role until today
What did Kinetic do to suddenly be branded as obvscum by everybody, exactly? Because from my readthrough, Xyl just randomly said "Kinetic is obvscum, but I don't remember why", and everyone just seemed to go along with that as if it made perfect sense? It's really throwing me off.

Kinetic, what is the deal with you saying that word three times at the start of every day? Seriously.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Oh wait, Kinetic never actually claimed the condition for his ultimate activating. For some reason I thought he claimed it activated earlier.

Yes, I have a short attention span.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Kinetic »

iamausername wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Look what Kinetic said day 2, when he (supposedly) knew his role.
Xylthixlm wrote:EBWOP: That was day 3. My bad. Forgot what day we're on.
Kinetic (Today) (Which is Day FOUR) wrote:In fact, I didn't know my role until today
What did Kinetic do to suddenly be branded as obvscum by everybody, exactly? Because from my readthrough, Xyl just randomly said "Kinetic is obvscum, but I don't remember why", and everyone just seemed to go along with that as if it made perfect sense? It's really throwing me off.

Kinetic, what is the deal with you saying that word three times at the start of every day? Seriously.
I was bored and joking around. I had no role, and I was seriously unable to know what to do at all. Should I try and find scum, what if they're my buddies? Should I try and find power roles? What if I'm town?

So I did nothing. I joked around, I made up non-nonsensical stuff. That Hastur thing came from my knowledge of The Great Old Ones from the Cthulhu mythos, and when Tar in his first flavor post posted something about Cthulhu I thought, haha let's have some fun. There is no role reason behind those actions, I was just having fun.

In D&D and Cthulhu mythos, chanting "Him Who Is Not to be Named"'s name three times usually spells doom for yourself and anyone around you. I thought it would be extremely funny if that ended the game on day one, so I thought I'd try it. It didn't, but I got a kick out of everyone's response to it (including Tar's), so I kept doing it.

As for my ultimate condition: its very simple, I had to survive until Day 4. That is it. That's my whole ultimate condition.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Bleh, I had another long post that I lost. Basically to SG:

I don't know the rules, the ability that blocks them blocks the rules from everyone, including me. I can't tell you something I don't know.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Kinetic »

Crap Crap Crap.

If you can still vote: DO NOT VOTE. I repeat. DO NOT VOTE.

We need to do a few tests, and VERY quickly, because if my suspicions are correct we are VERY close to losing the game RIGHT NOW. I posted this before I started to check, but I need anyone who might be about to vote to just trust me and NOT VOTE until I post again (most likely within then next couple of minutes), but I won't be able to fully explain until I get back from classes later today.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

Dammit. It might be exactly as I fear.

We CANNOT No-Lynch, there is a VERY high chance that there is a role that wins if we No-Lynch. However, I believe there is also a role, a DIFFERENT role that has an ability which makes it so people either A) cannot unvote, or B) the votes that we see in the vote count are not the correct ones.

Because of this, there is a way to test B, but unfortuantly for me, if A is correct I am the only person who can be lynched, and as I said before, we cannot no-lynch in this game.

The only possibility of A being correct and the town not being forced to lynch me, however, is if the person with this ability can either turn it off, or it has an experation date. I'd like to ask whoever is the cause of this ability if they could explain it, at this point it would be the townie thing to do. But the person who did this could very well be scum.

Ugh.

This is important: I'd like to bandwagon someone, anyone, else to see if we can lynch someone despite not "technically" being able to unvote (or at the least, see our unvotes. Whoever is fine (I'd like to volunteer M-M for this, but anyone but myself will do). This includes voting them AND FOSing them to lynch.

If, after 11 people have bother FOSed and Lynched (because I count 20 votes in play, 11 would be required, but I might not have the right count), and that person is not lynched, then we will have no choice but to sacrifice me and lynch me, much to my own dismay.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Kinetic »

BTW: The people who are part of this lynch (of the B scenario) MUST have already voted and not be able to "unvote". NO ONE who cannot vote must waste their vote in this attempt. If you do, we might doom the town, and that is NOT acceptable.
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:09 am

Post by TehVariable »

So, you admit you are Mao...and want us to wagon anyone but you, and prevent no lynch? You ask too much, and what you ask is scummy. Just die already

Vote Machiavellian Mafia
(not that I need to)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Kinetic »

TehVariable wrote:So, you admit you are Mao...and want us to wagon anyone but you, and prevent no lynch? You ask too much, and what you ask is scummy. Just die already

Vote Machiavellian Mafia
(not that I need to)
Read my post. Don't be dense. Most likely I will have to be lynched in order to be lynched if I'm right. I'm trying to figure out what is going on and you're not helping.

Yes, I'm Mao. Tell me, what does that prove about my alignment?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Kinetic is so obvscum, he's throwing the entire kitchen sink trying to get out of his inevitable lynch.
Confirm vote: Machiavellian-Mafia
(Kinetic)
The end justifies the means.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Pesco47 »

When I offered myself to be lynched for my ultimate, you were quite against it. I can only assume by now that you've figured out exactly what my ability does. Scum wouldn't want me dead. Vote stays.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:53 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Kinetic wrote:Dammit. It might be exactly as I fear.

We CANNOT No-Lynch, there is a VERY high chance that there is a role that wins if we No-Lynch. However, I believe there is also a role, a DIFFERENT role that has an ability which makes it so people either A) cannot unvote, or B) the votes that we see in the vote count are not the correct ones.

Because of this, there is a way to test B, but unfortuantly for me, if A is correct I am the only person who can be lynched, and as I said before, we cannot no-lynch in this game.

The only possibility of A being correct and the town not being forced to lynch me, however, is if the person with this ability can either turn it off, or it has an experation date. I'd like to ask whoever is the cause of this ability if they could explain it, at this point it would be the townie thing to do. But the person who did this could very well be scum.

Ugh.

This is important: I'd like to bandwagon someone, anyone, else to see if we can lynch someone despite not "technically" being able to unvote (or at the least, see our unvotes. Whoever is fine (I'd like to volunteer M-M for this, but anyone but myself will do). This includes voting them AND FOSing them to lynch.

If, after 11 people have bother FOSed and Lynched (because I count 20 votes in play, 11 would be required, but I might not have the right count), and that person is not lynched, then we will have no choice but to sacrifice me and lynch me, much to my own dismay.
What if the unvotes work but votes after unvotes don't? Won't have we just reward the cult the game?

@iamusername: did you think before posting those ability names or not?

Do unFoS'es work?
UnFoS qwintz, FoS iamusername

I strongly recommend all other players not to vote unless they're voting MM (effectively Kinetic)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:12 am

Post by iamausername »

hp [leaves] wrote:@iamusername: did you think before posting those ability names or not?
Yes.

Vote: Machiavellian-Mafia
(Kinetic)

We should bandwagon someone, anyone to lynch count just to see if they get lynched, you say? Sounds good to me.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Pesco47 »

hp [leaves] wrote:What if the unvotes work but votes after unvotes don't? Won't have we just reward the cult the game?
I see you have quite some obsession with cults? Explain how this situation would hand a cult the game?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Kinetic »

God. You're all so dense. You deserve to lose.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Uh yeah. "I have an idea, and to test it we need to put 11 votes on someone else"? If Kinetic was town, he wouldn't need to come up with such a bizarro plan to avoid nolynch, he could just let himself get lynched.

I'd say vote stays, but I don't think I really have a choice here.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Seraphim »

*waits for votecount*
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"Seven of spades, have a nice day."

The Forty-Fifth Vote Count (aka The "Mao" Vote Count)

2) Kinetic/Context (9) - populartajo
5) malthusis (1)
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0)
10) TehVariable (0)
11) hp [leaves] (rep. The Internet who rep. pacman281292) (0) - skitzer
12) qwints (1)
16) ShadowGirl (0)
18) Seraphim (rep. XSilentSinX) (0)
20) populartajo (0) - Kinetic
21) Pesco47 (1)
22) Stef (0)
23) iamausername (rep. Cephrir) (1) - qwints, StrangerCoug
24) Xylthixlm (2) - hasdgfas
25) StrangerCoug (0)
26) skitzer (rep. Electra) (0)
28) Machiavellian-Mafia (1) - hp [leaves], Machiavellian-Mafia, hasdgfas, Pesco47, Seraphim, TehVariable, iamausername

Not Voting (4): malthusis, ShadowGirl, Stef, Xylthixlm

Votes required to lynch:
????

FoS Count:

2) Kinetic/Context (2) - TehVariable, skitzer
5) malthusis (0)
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0)
10) TehVariable (0) -
11) hp [leaves] (rep. The Internet who rep. pacman281292) (0) -
12) qwints (1) - hp [leaves]
16) ShadowGirl (0)
18) Seraphim (rep. XSilentSinX) (0)
20) populartajo (0)
21) Pesco47 (1) - Seraphim
22) Stef (0)
23) iamausername (rep. Cephrir) (0)
24) Xylthixlm (0)
25) StrangerCoug (0)
26) skitzer (rep. Electra) (0)
28) Machiavellian-Mafia (1) - Kinetic

Not FoS'ing (12): malthusis, hasdgfas, hp [leaves], qwints, ShadowGirl, populartajo, Pesco47, Stef, iamausername, Xylthixlm, StrangerCoug, Machiavellian-Mafia

Current Deadline:
????

Lynch count has been reached (and, after review, Kinetic should have been deadline lynched yesterday) It is now Twilight. Actions, please!
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:Uh yeah. "I have an idea, and to test it we need to put 11 votes on someone else"? If Kinetic was town, he wouldn't need to come up with such a bizarro plan to avoid nolynch, he could just let himself get lynched.

I'd say vote stays, but I don't think I really have a choice here.
-.- Obviously I still want to win, and being town that means finding scum. I know I'm not scum, so I want to lynch someone else.

Are you understanding the words that are coming out of my mouth. -.-;;;;;

If Kinetic is town, he's going to try and not get lynched because he knows that when town are lynched it brings town closer to losing.

I'm sorry, but as town I don't go down without a fight. I just don't. (see Short and Sweet Mafia. Nearly lynched, eventually wasn't, led to us winning the game. See Mafia 68:Ork Mafia, even though I had given the town an 100% guaranteed win, and found the scum, they still wanted to lynch me, and even though I knew we would still win, I didn't want to be lynched because I didn't want to be.)

I don't get this "If he was town he would lay over and die" idea at all. You say I'm flailing, I say I'm looking at other avenues and you're tunnel visioning.
Pesco47 wrote:When I offered myself to be lynched for my ultimate, you were quite against it. I can only assume by now that you've figured out exactly what my ability does. Scum wouldn't want me dead. Vote stays.
Umm... No. I was against quick lynching you and for trying to learn more about things during the day and discussing the possibility. If I have learned your true power (which I might have), or at the very least figured out what your power could cost the town, then we should look at my most recent posts on the subject.

In them, I'm agonizing over the decision, but in the end I feel lynching you is going to be needed either today or never, and that you should STOP revealing your list because it is just helping the scum. Do I need to quote the posts where I voted for you and said I think the best course of action for the day is to lynch you? Great job misrepresenting me.

If you're as town as you say, and BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION claim that you staying alive helps the scum, why the hell aren't you being a little more forceful on getting yourself lynched? It seems like you and I are the only ones who realize the danger you are placing the town in, and then you go and make it like I'm one of the idiot townies ignoring that.

-----

At least give me this please:

I still want to know if this unvote thing is real. It may be important later guys.

As such, I'd like to hammer myself or at least someone who is technically not able to unvote, would they hammer me.

Wait until the vote count, see if I'm lynched, and then hammer me for real if I'm not already dead.

-.-
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Kinetic »

Wait... I'm already dead.

lol
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

iamausername wrote:We should bandwagon someone, anyone to lynch count just to see if they get lynched, you say? Sounds good to me.
Uh, no.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”