Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Yaw »

Final Vote Count:

Benmage (4): magisterrain, insanepenguin02, Azhrei, Charrat
magisterrain (1): Benmage

Not Voting: T-Rex, qwints

And that's a lynch. Benmage is strung up, and when he is dead you find a business card identifying him as a Mafia Goon.

It is now Night 2. Night will last until...let's make it
Monday the 12th at midnight EST
, just to give a bit of extra time for the DNS to propagate. This is a bit of an awkward position because T-Rex hasn't checked in yet, and allowing night to finish without a player being here allows people to start making inferences about whether or not they may have had a night choice. That sort of thing really shouldn't happen.
So I'm going to require a PM from T-Rex during the night, regardless of whether he has a night choice or not.
If I don't receive a PM, I will replace T-Rex during the night, and ensure his replacement has a chance to submit a choice if such a choice were required. To be clear, I am doing this regardless of whether or not T-Rex has a night choice to avoid getting into a situation which allows inappropriate metagaming.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Yaw »

Sorry about the holdup. jayfin3 replaces T-Rex. Will open tomorrow.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Yaw »

Again, sorry for the delay.

You awake on a dull morning to find a missing qwints. Indeed, your fellow Calzonian lies dead, still carrying his official townie card.

qwints, townie, killed night 2

It is now Day 3. With 5 alive, it will take 3 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Alright. New day ready to go. First though: Any investigation info????
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:17 pm

magisterrain wrote:
i'm a cop. i investigated benmage on night one and he turned up scum. ( i dont know if he is goon or roleblocker however.) he made it pretty obvious anyway giving me a window in which to pursue him somewhat doggedly.

so, we either have a setup with a cop and a doctor or with just a cop. if there's no doctor, im dead at night and it will be 4-1 townies tomorrow and you have plenty of info from which to pick i think.
if there is a doctor, please try to save me. the roleblocker (if benmage is just a goon) can only block one of us. either i will live without a tell and we will be up 5-1 or the doctor won't be able to save me and i will probably die and we will be at 4-1. 4-1 is our WORST outcome.
And so it looks like you're a cop, mag. Being that ben ended up being scum and we haven't had a counter claim, I think it is pretty clear. Also, if there is a doctor in the game, he would still be here as qwints was just vanilla.

I would love to hear some things from our replacement and hope that Azhreil, Charrat, and everyone else can chime in here on our new day!
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:18 pm

EBWOP - I guess that was "everyone else". lol
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by magisterrain »

i investigated t-rex and didn't get a result.
i dont know if that means he's innocent or if i got roleblocked however.
is there a doctor? if there is there's a roleblocker. otherwise im pretty sure trex is innocent and there's no doctor.

i think i would have been told he was innocent though, so i think i was roleblocked. they tried to go after the doctor and missed. the doctor protected me probably, but it didnt really matter. id really like to hear from t-rex's replacement right now
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Charrat »

Woohoo, we are back! :)

magis, that sounds like we have a roleblocker for sure then, and so we must have a doctor.

It is a real shame that T-Rex did not post much more than he did so we would have more to go on. It is interesting that his only post on all of Day 2 was one that came to the defense of Benmage. In fact, in the 6 total posts from T-Rex, he defended Benmage in the last three. He is looking pretty bad in my eyes. I can't wait to get jayfin's opinions on what has happened so far.
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by magisterrain »

i was leaning hard towards him too, which is why i investigated. waiting on jayfin...
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

Hey :)

Well I haven't even posted yet, and people already think I'm scummy. Good start :P

I read the thread yesterday as I was waiting to be confirmed. First I want to say I completely agree with lynching Benmage. My reasoning would be mostly because of his hammer Day 1, yet after magisterrain claimed Un-CCed cop, it seemed a pretty good lynch.

Anyways, its obvious that we are in this setup:
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.

It SHOULD be obvious, anyways.

Anyways, I think we can safely say Mag is town.

That leaves 1 mafia out of:
jayfin3, Azhrei, insanepenguin02, Charrat

1 of us is Doctor. They should NOT claim until necessary, becauese the minute they claim, they can be roleblocked, and the cop killed.

Also, Doctor should be on Cop every night from now on. Dont use WIFOM. Just be on Cop.

I think Azhrei is the last mafia.
Azhrei wrote:Hmm. Vamp is on 4 votes right now.

I'm not sure whether or not to cast the hammer. My instincts and my logic tell me he is scum, but still...
Quite the scummy post. "Yes, my instincts AND logic tell me he is scum, yet I don't want to lay the hammer on a townie."

What was the "But..."? Azhrei? Why didn't you hammer? If your guts and your brain were both telling you he was mafia, I don't see why you didn't hammer him. Sure, hammering puts the spotlight on you, but if you're town, and have a good reason to do it, it's a perfectly respectable thing to do. The fact that Vampirific was on L-1 so soon into the game was other people's faults...if you were truly that worried about it you could have asked people to get off of him until he claimed, or talked a bit more. Yet you didnt do that, and neither did you hammer. Not willing to take any of the spotlight? Scum, I say.
Azhrei wrote:Benmage is either really newbish, or scum.

I just can't see a reason for him seeming so damn scared.

I'm not sure about magis, but penguin does make a valid point. For now, I'm gonna wait for more information before I go voting.
Another scummy post. At this point, Benmage was clearly being scummy. Plus, this is exacttly what you did Day 1. Hesistate, toe the line, and back down. Too scared to vote. Classic mafia behaviour. You must have got some sense by the next page where you voted him, but I just find these two posts too scummy compared to the other players to disregard.

By the way, Magisteraain, did you get an innocent report Night 1? Or was this a day start?
I am good looking
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Azhrei »

jayfin, I was one of the people who lynched Benmage.
Yaw wrote:
Final Vote Count:

Benmage (4): magisterrain, insanepenguin02, Azhrei, Charrat
magisterrain (1): Benmage
Yes, as I said I was waiting for Benmage. I wasn't 100% convinced at the time, and when I'm not convinced, I don't vote. Later, once he had convinced me he was scum, I voted for him.

As to the Vamp case, yes, it seemed as if he was scum, but something didn't feel right about the situation. I didn't want to be the one to hammer an innocent townie - which is what vamp turned out to be.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

Azhrei wrote:jayfin, I was one of the people who lynched Benmage.
So? I fail to see how that makes you innocent.

It seems like you completely ignored my post except for the part where I accused you. I acknowledged all that in my post, yet also addressed it.
I am good looking
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by magisterrain »

ah. azhrei vs. jayfin.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Azhrei »

jayfin3 wrote:
I think Azhrei is the last mafia.
Azhrei wrote:Hmm. Vamp is on 4 votes right now.

I'm not sure whether or not to cast the hammer. My instincts and my logic tell me he is scum, but still...
Quite the scummy post. "Yes, my instincts AND logic tell me he is scum, yet I don't want to lay the hammer on a townie."

What was the "But..."? Azhrei? Why didn't you hammer? If your guts and your brain were both telling you he was mafia, I don't see why you didn't hammer him. Sure, hammering puts the spotlight on you, but if you're town, and have a good reason to do it, it's a perfectly respectable thing to do. The fact that Vampirific was on L-1 so soon into the game was other people's faults...if you were truly that worried about it you could have asked people to get off of him until he claimed, or talked a bit more. Yet you didnt do that, and neither did you hammer. Not willing to take any of the spotlight? Scum, I say.

I answered this in my previous post, something didn't feel right.
jayfin3 wrote:
Azhrei wrote:Benmage is either really newbish, or scum.

I just can't see a reason for him seeming so damn scared.

I'm not sure about magis, but penguin does make a valid point. For now, I'm gonna wait for more information before I go voting.
Another scummy post. At this point, Benmage was clearly being scummy. Plus, this is exacttly what you did Day 1. Hesistate, toe the line, and back down. Too scared to vote. Classic mafia behaviour. You must have got some sense by the next page where you voted him, but I just find these two posts too scummy compared to the other players to disregard.
I also answered this. I was waiting for more information.

I would like to point out one particular part.
jayfin3 wrote: Hesistate, toe the line, and back down.
I did this once - and the person turned out to be town.

The second time, I did not back down, merely hesitated, so as to avoid lynching an innocent. Is there a problem with caution?
Jayfin3 wrote:
It seems like you completely ignored my post except for the part where I accused you. I acknowledged all that in my post, yet also addressed it.
I answered your questions, what more do you want?

Jayfin, why do you seem to have such a problem of being cautious. I'd rather not lynch an innocent townie by rushing into a situation. This game is meant to be played slowly, so as to allow information to come out and discussion to take place. Only scum want to rush into situations, because it benefits them.

This makes me somewhat suspicious of you.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:54 pm

magisterrain wrote:i investigated t-rex and didn't get a result.
i dont know if that means he's innocent or if i got roleblocked however.
is there a doctor? if there is there's a roleblocker. otherwise im pretty sure trex is innocent and there's no doctor.

i think i would have been told he was innocent though, so i think i was roleblocked. they tried to go after the doctor and missed. the doctor protected me probably, but it didnt really matter. id really like to hear from t-rex's replacement right now
With no result, I think that it is comfortable to say that we have a doctor and a roleblocker then.
Charrat wrote: It is a real shame that T-Rex did not post much more than he did so we would have more to go on. It is interesting that his only post on all of Day 2 was one that came to the defense of Benmage. In fact, in the 6 total posts from T-Rex, he defended Benmage in the last three.
He is looking pretty bad in my eyes.
I can't wait to get jayfin's opinions on what has happened so far.
Very good analysis, Charrat. This really doesn't help jay out as his predecessor didn't paint a good picture while he was here.
jayfin3 wrote:
Anyways, its obvious that we are in this setup:
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.

It SHOULD be obvious, anyways.

Anyways, I think we can safely say Mag is town.

That leaves 1 mafia out of:
jayfin3, Azhrei, insanepenguin02, Charrat

1 of us is Doctor. They should NOT claim until necessary, becauese the minute they claim, they can be roleblocked, and the cop killed.

Also, Doctor should be on Cop every night from now on. Dont use WIFOM. Just be on Cop.
Welcome jay! Glad that you are already more active than T-Rex was! :)

So I think we are all in agreement here:
Cop - mag
Mafia Roleblocker and Doctor left as well as two Vanilla Townies.

Now I am getting a gut feeling of something here:
With T-Rex's scummy actions and defenses of Ben, I already have a bad feeling about jay/rex's character. But I have a feeling that jay's first move, after reading how the game had gone, was to roleblock mag, our cop. I do not have any evidence what-so-ever so take this for what it is. I still have a little suspicion of Charrat for posting the questions to gather the town's consensus, my suspicion of Azhrei is dropping as I don't feel that he has toed the line as much as it was made out to be and his defense was pretty sound just now.

So
FOS: jayfin
- Thoughts?
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Scum List (Scummiest at top, and only concerning unconfirmeds)
1. Jayfin/T-rex
2. Charrat
3. Penguin.

I'm suspicious of jayfin/t-rex due T-Rex's minimal posting and defence of Benmage in his last few posts, and also due to jayfin's instant accusations of me, which were solely based upon me hesitating. Hesitating (and being cautious) is something I see as a pro-town behaviour, and someone accusing someone for acting in such a way makes me feel that they are against that behaviour, and as such anti-town.

Charrat is not hugely suspicious, but I'm not 100% sure about him. He's acting like he usually does when town, so I feel that he is town. Asking the questions
could
be a way of the scum trying to get the town's opinion, but I think it's more likely that it's just an honest way for him to try to get discussion going.

Penguin I am not suspicious of at all, and he was only included on that list because he is the last unconfirmed player. I just think he's the least likely player to be scum out of the 3.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

Ok, Azhrei you seem to be avoiding my accusation. Maybe I just wasn't clear.

My case against Azhrei is this:
1)He avoided taking the spotlight D1, by either hammering Vampirific, or stalling the lynch on Vampirific, both of which he would have reasons to do:

a)Hammering Vampirific: Azhrei states that his "instincts and my logic tell me he is scum", yet he won't hammer,
even though there are 4 votes on Vampirific already, presumabley from people who feel the same way.
. I don't understand the hesistation to hammer. it's not rushing the game, everyone has already stated how they feel.
And then,
if you still felt like hammering was too quick, why didn't you tell people to back off of Vampirific's lynch?

b)Getting Vamp off of L-1: If you felt so strongly about not rushing the game (which is what you are claiming), why not tell people to back off of Vampirific for the moment?? Clearly, what you are doing here, is avoiding the hammer (and attention), and letting someone else take it. In this case, it was your mafia partner (unlucky)

2)I know you voted Benmage, it's pretty obvious, and I don't see how I'd overlook that. Obviously i was taking that into account. The thing is, when you posted the post I quoted, it was a bit before you voted Benmage. I think that you figured out that since he was in such deep water, it would be better to vote him. Its called 'bussing', and it makes sense in a scenario such as that.

3)Both of your posts that I quoted struck me as being particularly scummy. I don't know, just that gut feeling. For reference, I'm referring to posts 89 and 168.

Hope i cleared things up for you.

What do the other 3 players in this game think about this? Specifically you Magisterrain, Re:
ah. azhrei vs. jayfin.
Not very helpful, dontya think?

That's all folks. I'm doing my best to ignore trex's play before i replaced him, since I already know my role, there is nothing to deduct from it. unfortunately t-rex acted somewhat scummy while he was here, but there's nothing I can do about that, so while I still encourage you to take his actions into account, rightt now it is me playing, and not him.
I am good looking
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by magisterrain »

well, jayfin, i applaud your effort to at least appear to be scumhunting. i can somewhat see your argument against azhrei as well. i also can understand charrats argument against you. although you might wish to distance yourself from t-rex's bevior, you have his role, so his play may very well be a good indication of what role you have. you would almost have to try to overcompensate for his play to avoid suspicion. and you are.

the problem i see with your argument is simply that azhrei is much more inexperienced than you and could simply have not thought through his actions earlier in the game. he might not have known how to stop a lynch, or even that it would occur as fast as it did. he also may not have been all that willing to bus his partner. that is, unless he is less naive about mafia than he has led us to believe.

i'd like to see azhrei's reply to this post and jayfins last post before i comment any further.

as of now, i am pretty sure either azhrei or jayfin is scum. of course, i could be dead wrong.

as somewhat of an aside, is there any way to win if we all claim? we could lynch the wrong person and then lose someone during the night, but we would still be 2-1 the next day, right? and then people should be able to figure out from incorrect counter claims whos who?

kinda risky though, so i do NOT think we should claim at the moment. just wondering what others think.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

To answer the second part of your question, since i will also wait for Azrhei's response, and then I will answer your rather loaded post...:P

There are 5 of us, 1 cop, 1 doc, 1 roleblocker, 2 townies
If doc claims, there are 2 clear, 3 unclear.
Assuming we don't lynch the scum, we lynch one of the unclear (whoever is scummiest), we have 1 cop, 1 doc, 2 unclear, mafia kills either cop or doc, and roleblocks the other, leaving the other unclear townie, the mafia, and doc probably (cop is too risky)
The doc has to decide between which of the two unclears to lynch.

Sorry if that was confusing, but if doc claims, this will only lead to a LYLO situation (lynch or lose), a 50 50 guess. Depending on what scumtells have been made, it may be more or less difficult.

So I would say, NO, do not claim yet.
I am good looking
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 pm

I would also say not to claim yet ONLY because whoever the mafia is will end up claiming to be one of the town roles. So we would end up with, lets say, two doctors. I suppose that we could then figure out who is lying but it might take a day and a possible mis-kill.

However, that is the only reason that I see not to. But I think we could still win even if we did mass claim.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Just as a note, I've not actually played a game to completion yet (I'm in the middle of 3, this being one of them)
jayfin3 wrote:Ok, Azhrei you seem to be avoiding my accusation. Maybe I just wasn't clear.

My case against Azhrei is this:
1)He avoided taking the spotlight D1, by either hammering Vampirific, or stalling the lynch on Vampirific, both of which he would have reasons to do:

a)Hammering Vampirific: Azhrei states that his "instincts and my logic tell me he is scum", yet he won't hammer,
even though there are 4 votes on Vampirific already, presumabley from people who feel the same way.
. I don't understand the hesistation to hammer. it's not rushing the game, everyone has already stated how they feel.
And then,
if you still felt like hammering was too quick, why didn't you tell people to back off of Vampirific's lynch?

b)Getting Vamp off of L-1: If you felt so strongly about not rushing the game (which is what you are claiming), why not tell people to back off of Vampirific for the moment?? Clearly, what you are doing here, is avoiding the hammer (and attention), and letting someone else take it. In this case, it was your mafia partner (unlucky)
I was undecided about Vamp's alignment. Going logically from what he posted, he seemed scummy. When reading his posts, I thought 'scummy'. But when it came down to actually voting for him, it just didn't seem right. Hence, I posted what I posted and did not cast the hammer (as that is not really something you can rescind). It didn't occur to me to try and back T-Rex off, truly.
jayfin3 wrote:
2)I know you voted Benmage, it's pretty obvious, and I don't see how I'd overlook that. Obviously i was taking that into account. The thing is, when you posted the post I quoted, it was a bit before you voted Benmage. I think that you figured out that since he was in such deep water, it would be better to vote him. Its called 'bussing', and it makes sense in a scenario such as that.
I've heard of the technique. That's not what I did. At the time of that post, the
only
person voting for benmage was magis (most likely due to his investigation). Nobody else, myself included, had felt there was sufficient evidence at the time to vote for him. We all had our suspicions, but were not convinced. Also, as this is a newbie game, I was unsure whether Benmage's actions were a result of him being new, rather than scum.

Now, shortly after that post, I was not able to access MS for a day or two (I was at a mate's place), and as such, did not post for a short period of time. When I got back, and saw how Benmage had continued to act really scummy, I then posted my reasons and voted for him. Shortly after, magis confirmed that he was scum through his investigation, and we lynched him.
jayfin3 wrote:
3)Both of your posts that I quoted struck me as being particularly scummy. I don't know, just that gut feeling. For reference, I'm referring to posts 89 and 168.
Well, I guess I can't help your gut feeling.
jayfin3 wrote:
That's all folks. I'm doing my best to ignore trex's play before i replaced him, since I already know my role, there is nothing to deduct from it. unfortunately t-rex acted somewhat scummy while he was here, but there's nothing I can do about that, so while I still encourage you to take his actions into account, rightt now it is me playing, and not him.
Um, this sounds like your trying to get us to ignore what T-Rex has done previously, and make us forget about it all. Why so? Is there something there you don't want us to notice?
magisterrain wrote:well, jayfin, i applaud your effort to at least appear to be scumhunting. i can somewhat see your argument against azhrei as well. i also can understand charrats argument against you. although you might wish to distance yourself from t-rex's bevior, you have his role, so his play may very well be a good indication of what role you have. you would almost have to try to overcompensate for his play to avoid suspicion. and you are.

the problem i see with your argument is simply that azhrei is much more inexperienced than you and could simply have not thought through his actions earlier in the game. he might not have known how to stop a lynch, or even that it would occur as fast as it did. he also may not have been all that willing to bus his partner. that is, unless he is less naive about mafia than he has led us to believe.

i'd like to see azhrei's reply to this post and jayfins last post before i comment any further.
I wouldn't know the first thing about stopping a lynch, never even tried to do it before. As I said above, I haven't played a game to completion. And if I was mafia, I'd have either voted for him earlier, or not at all. It was reasonably clear where we were headed at that point, and if I was his partner (and hence knew he was scum) I'd be reasonably sure that the town was gonna get him. All the signs were certainly pointing that way. Thing is, I'm not mafia.

magisterrain wrote:
as somewhat of an aside, is there any way to win if we all claim? we could lynch the wrong person and then lose someone during the night, but we would still be 2-1 the next day, right? and then people should be able to figure out from incorrect counter claims whos who?

kinda risky though, so i do NOT think we should claim at the moment. just wondering what others think.
I don't think this would be a good thing to do. If the scum has half a brain, he'll just claim vanilla, and we won't narrow down our suspects at all. And the scum will know who the doctor is. Very bad for us.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:31 am

Post by Charrat »

Doctor should definately not claim without good reason to do so. Think it through first, weigh the pros and cons.

I think the case that jayfin3 is raising against Azhrei is pretty weak. I don't really pick up any scummy vibes from the posts jay brought up, and I don't really get any strong scummy vibes from Azhrei in general. If I had to nit-pick, something that makes me slightly suspicious of Azhrei is that he generally seems reluctant to take a stand and vote based on his suspicions, but he might just be a cautious player, a trait that I would share.

I am fairly confident that either Azhrei or jayfin3 are scum. For everyone else: magis is a cop; insanepenguin played a big part in the campaign against Benmage and has put forth a lot of effort in his scumhunting, including his tallying of everyone's posts and votes/FOSes, which must have taken a while to do; and me, who I know is town.

I think its probably a reasonable time for me to vote...

Vote: jayfin3
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

magisterrain wrote:the problem i see with your argument is simply that azhrei is much more inexperienced than you and could simply have not thought through his actions earlier in the game. he might not have known how to stop a lynch, or even that it would occur as fast as it did. he also may not have been all that willing to bus his partner. that is, unless he is less naive about mafia than he has led us to believe.
You say this, and he agrees with it, and works on it. And then he comes up with statements like these, which totally deviate from the "newby" vibe.
Um, this sounds like your trying to get us to ignore what T-Rex has done previously, and make us forget about it all. Why so? Is there something there you don't want us to notice?
I don't think this would be a good thing to do. If the scum has half a brain, he'll just claim vanilla, and we won't narrow down our suspects at all. And the scum will know who the doctor is. Very bad for us.
Incidentally Azhrei, in answer to the first post of yours i quoted, I was not trying to make you forget trex. I clearly said that, maybe you should read closer. I am just saying, don't lynch just cause of his actions.
I am good looking
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Azhrei »

jayfin3 wrote:
magisterrain wrote:the problem i see with your argument is simply that azhrei is much more inexperienced than you and could simply have not thought through his actions earlier in the game. he might not have known how to stop a lynch, or even that it would occur as fast as it did. he also may not have been all that willing to bus his partner. that is, unless he is less naive about mafia than he has led us to believe.
You say this, and he agrees with it, and works on it. And then he comes up with statements like these, which totally deviate from the "newby" vibe.
Yes, I agree with it, because its the truth. And just because someone is new, does
not
mean they can't think. Anyone can do the math and figure out that it'd be better for the scum to claim vanilla.
jayfin3 wrote:
Incidentally Azhrei, in answer to the first post of yours i quoted, I was not trying to make you forget trex. I clearly said that, maybe you should read closer. I am just saying, don't lynch just cause of his actions.
As to the part about T-Rex, yes, you're right. Sorry, I misread what you said and believed that you were just telling us to ignore it.

Also, the fact you keep hounding me is making me more and more suspicious of you.
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

Azhrei wrote:
Also, the fact you keep hounding me is making me more and more suspicious of you.
You are the most scummy of the people left, plus the only person I found scumtells on. Sorry if it seems like "hounding", I am mainly just commenting on your posts back at me.
I am good looking

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”