Mini 730 - Hard Nights in the City - OVER!

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Porkens »

Because then we could persue the quickhammer-er.

A claim is usual at L-1.

I *hate* day 1, I honestly don't care who we lynch. There, I said it.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by insanepenguin02 »

This game is moving along at a pretty good pace, I see. Me being all the way to L-1 all of a sudden is quite interesting, especially for the lack of any good reason by most of you. If you guys don't want me to offer my thoughts on the game, that is absolutely fine. I will not waste my time making long posts in order to offer some of my own thoughts on the game and specific players if this is how it is going to be contrived. I will gladly just float along as many others do, making posts when I need to.

And at this time, the only thing that I will claim is that I am town. Anything other than that, power role or vanilla, will be for a later time if I get back to L-1 with good reasoning (if you guys give me the time to respond before hammering, that is).

Lastly,
Unvote
. Porkens, saying that you honestly don't care who we lynch is EXTREMELY scummy. It at least is not pro-town.
Vote: Porkens
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:23 pm

ChaosOmega wrote: Why? It was on the start of page 2, we were still in the random voting stage. Would my vote have been less suspicious if I would have tacked on a hokey bullshit random reason?

You voted for canadianbovine on page 2. I'm assuming since you don't want to look like a hypocrite, that you had a lot to go on when you made that vote. So I'm curious as to your well-founded case on him after only 40 posts.
Me a hypocrite? If I read the above statements correctly, you state that you yourself made a vote in page 2 for a random vote and then you attack me for voting for canadian on page 2????? Um...can we say random vote much????? Even look at what I said when I voted - "Blame Canada" ???? Look at your own judgments when suggesting that somebody else is hypocritical....

ChaosOmega wrote:Oh, and making a ranking system to place a vote on the player you ranked as 3rd scummiest looks extremely suspicious, I don't care how you justify it.
So even though I suggested that I thought mega was scummy, I can't put a vote on him? If you noticed in my "analysis", I also state that the only thing don_johnson had posted on was the conversation between himself and mega and that I needed more info from him. I also needed more info from you, the next scummiest in my post. So then I place my vote on the next scummiest, who I felt comfortable with as a nice scum vote at the time until I could get more info on the few players that I initially labeled as scum.

How people react to votes is an interesting concept in the game.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:25 pm

And apparently we have all forgotten about a possible scum connection between don and mega? I would like to hear more on this as I still have a feeling that there is a connection there.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Megatheory »

insanepenguin02 wrote: And at this time, the only thing that I will claim is that I am town. Anything other than that, power role or vanilla, will be for a later time if I get back to L-1 with good reasoning (if you guys give me the time to respond before hammering, that is).
So basically you won't claim until you get some kind of attack you like?

Thanks for nothing.

I'd still like to hear some comments from you about something other than voting for your third scummiest player. IMO that's the weakest reason against you.

P.S. Playing the pissed-off townie card isn't going to help you here.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Megatheory wrote:
insanepenguin02 wrote: And at this time, the only thing that I will claim is that I am town. Anything other than that, power role or vanilla, will be for a later time if I get back to L-1 with good reasoning (if you guys give me the time to respond before hammering, that is).
So basically you won't claim until you get some kind of attack you like?

Thanks for nothing.

I'd still like to hear some comments from you about something other than voting for your third scummiest player. IMO that's the weakest reason against you.

P.S. Playing the pissed-off townie card isn't going to help you here.
Huh? None of that seemed to make sense to me....

I will claim when I need to in order to protect my role.

You welcome?

Comments from me? I think I have said plenty in the game outside of my "vote for the third scummiest player" arguement that is actually getting quite old and pointless the more it gets brought up. Can I say....still scum? And are you commenting on me or others when you say "IMO that's the weakest reason against you"?

PPS Huh? Pissed off townie? Is that a role?
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:32 pm

And I should just say this - to those of you who are town, I would strongly suggest noting the players that are pushing these points against me the most as they will likely be the ones that end up scum at the end of the game. They know who they are and know that everyone else is town and therefore will gladly want to bring up anything that could be taken as scummy about someone else and beat it to death if it means no suspicion or discussion occurs about them during that time.

Just a thought.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:34 pm

don_johnson wrote:
insanepenguin02 wrote:Wow - I have played in much more fun games than here!
really? why is this not fun?
And sorry, it is still fun. :)
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Post by Nameless »

Porkens wrote:*sigh*, this always seems to happen day one.
Maybe if you tried contributing day one
that would help.
I note also how quickly you refer to your meta as a defence rather than, say, contribute. [Out Of Game] If you don't like D1s, why not just replace into games all the time. Or try them! Try them! And you may! Try them and you may I say! :P[/OOG]
insanepenguin02 wrote:Me being all the way to L-1 all of a sudden is quite interesting, especially for the lack of any good reason by most of you. If you guys don't want me to offer my thoughts on the game, that is absolutely fine.
Um,
NO.
One of the reasons I quoted for voting you was that you had already refused to offer further analysis!
insanepenguin02 wrote:And apparently we have all forgotten about a possible scum connection between don and mega? I would like to hear more on this as I still have a feeling that there is a connection there.
Awful attempt to redirect attention back towards an old, minor issue that's generally not beneficial for the town anyway (scum pairings D1).

Taking these, IP's refusal to answer other concerns, IP acting like an idiot in #155 and IP acting pointlessly desperate in #156 ... I will be willing to lynch IP once we reach the last few days of deadline.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote: I *hate* day 1, I honestly don't care who we lynch. There, I said it.
i actually sorta agree with this in a meta way. has anyoen done the stats on this over the whole site, what % of day one lynches are mafia compared with the number of mafia? i strongly suspect mafia come out best and town would be better off random lynching day one...
insanepenguin02 wrote:

And at this time, the only thing that I will claim is that I am town. Anything other than that, power role or vanilla, will be for a later time if I get back to L-1 with good reasoning (if you guys give me the time to respond before hammering, that is).
terrible post

vote insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02 wrote:
i want you to proper claim. your post is like when someone gets told they have a pressure vote on them to see their reaction. i want a proper reaction from you, not just a halfway claim like that which just invites closer examination.
insanepenguin02 wrote:And apparently we have all forgotten about a possible scum connection between don and mega? I would like to hear more on this as I still have a feeling that there is a connection there.
what connection??? i can't see it? who pushed this, i asked earlier and i really can't see who has said this first or why. will you exlain it to me penguin?
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by Nameless »

If anybody hammers within the next five real life days, my vote will not move from them D2, no exceptions.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Post by Nameless »

Afterthought: You know, I'm seriously not sure which I found more dubious: insanepenguin02, or his wagon. Even if IP is scum I wouldn't be surprised to find scum bussing right now.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

You guys are so retarded. I am very close to just hammering myself. But as a tracker, I want to be able to help the town out. Happy now that my "terrible post" has no forced a town power role to claim?

@ Nameless - Thank you for recognizing that this wagon is getting REALLY f-ing retarded!! 100% guaranteed that every scum is on the wagon as of right now and if not lynched today, I will be able to track one of them and hopefully catch one in the act. Or if you decide to lynch me now, good luck! The way this game has gone, I would expect scum to win very quickly.

@ ger - So you say that D-1 lynches should pretty much be random and then you hope on the wagon on me? Honestly guys, you should look yourselves in the mirror and ask who the real hypocrites are...

Dumba$$e$....

So would you rather me lynch myself, wait for a scum that may not be on the wagon just yet to hammer, have a random person hammer, or should we keep the tracker around for future benefits? I will check back in in a few hours to see what you want...
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:49 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote

can't say i necessarily believe you, but this warrants discussion. everything you've done since coming under pressure has reeked of desperation. a "tracker" claim seems par for the course.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:59 am

don_johnson wrote:
unvote

can't say i necessarily believe you, but this warrants discussion. everything you've done since coming under pressure has reeked of desperation. a "tracker" claim seems par for the course.
I would have to argue that I have been reeking of "desperation". I haven't begged to stay or done anything remotely close. Actually what this is is me just posting as myself purely just not giving much of a damn if I stay or if I go. But as a townie role, I would recommend that my character stay if you want more info on who may or may not be townie. I am perfectly open to any of the possibilities that I posted earlier.

I'll be checking back later.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Plum »

insanepenguin02 wrote:This game is moving along at a pretty good pace, I see. Me being all the way to L-1 all of a sudden is quite interesting, especially for the lack of any good reason by most of you. If you guys don't want me to offer my thoughts on the game, that is absolutely fine. I will not waste my time making long posts in order to offer some of my own thoughts on the game and specific players if this is how it is going to be contrived. I will gladly just float along as many others do, making posts when I need to.

Lastly,
Unvote
. Porkens, saying that you honestly don't care who we lynch is EXTREMELY scummy. It at least is not pro-town.
Vote: Porkens
Er, refusing to offer moer analysis isn't the right reaction. I didn't vote for you because I didn't want your analysis; far from it. I voted for you because of the moderatly suspect vote on Mega, who wasn't ranked as your first or second scummiest player, as it were. What I founf more scummy was your shameless WIFOM defense and ensuing appeals to emotion, realy weird apparent necessity to claim town and wait for power claim or lack thereof till later (it's not the fact that you didn't want to claim your power then. I can deal with that, especially as I see you've now claimed Tracker. Unvote should be coming at the end of this post, more info on that below. It's more the fact that, well, duh. Of course you're claiming town-aligned. No one in this game is going to claim anything else. The uselessness of the claim coupled with the need to tell us all that makes the nulltell lean slightly towards scumtell).

And the desperate-townie play, the townie-who-doesn't-care-anymore play . . . doesn't help.
insanepenguin02 wrote:@ Nameless - Thank you for recognizing that this wagon is getting REALLY f-ing retarded!! 100% guaranteed that every scum is on the wagon as of right now and if not lynched today, I will be able to track one of them and hopefully catch one in the act. Or if you decide to lynch me now, good luck! The way this game has gone, I would expect scum to win very quickly.
You'd be surprised, but scum can often be quite clever and chosy in what bandwagons they join, and townies can legitimately vote any scummy-looking player. This 100% guarantee - I don't like it, as it's too likely to be untrue for such surety. Seriously.
Nameless wrote:
Awful attempt to redirect attention back towards an old, minor issue that's generally not beneficial for the town anyway (scum pairings D1).
When I got to the computer and read your post, I found you said something and Nameless expressed my exact sentiments. Here they are.

On ChaosOmega - I assume this is how it looks, if I'm recalling things correctly. CO made a vote on Mega without a joke explanation; not a fully random vote, but a vote against the player who at that point had done the most scummy things, and, being early in the game, there weren't many strong scumtells out of anybody. It's not traditional, voting without the not-really-a-joke explanation. Neither is a selfvote. Personally, I can . . . well, if it was a semi-serious vote, CO, why didn't you post the explanation then/ Reread of this is actually refreshing me on these issues, okay. Still weird that CO didn't make a completely random vote but didn't give a small explanation of her vote anyway . . .
noted
. My question here is why CO made a not-fully-random vote but didn't explain his reasoning nor that it fell into the category of semi-random. As it seems that at least part of the reasoning was that Mega had done some questionable things, why didn't you do so? Answer, please.

IP's claim: Not sure he's town, of course, but I have more than once learned the lesson that lynching a claimed powerrole (uncounterclaimed) is generally a risk that's less advantageous to take. My eye's still on him, and it's possible he'll prove to be our best lynch come deadline, of course. For now, though,
Unvote: Insanepenguin, Vote Juls
I've noted Juls doing some questionable things in previous posts and she's now about my second scummiest. Probably would like to get to a reread of her and perhaps Mega later. For now, I think that's a fine place to put my vote.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:39 am

Post by SpyreX »

The don_johnson really needs to run Miami Vice Mafia Votecount:

don_johnson (1): Juls
Juls (1): Plum
Insanepenguin02 (4): Megatheory, ChaosOmega, Porkens, Gerantim

Porkens (2): Nameless, Insanepenguin02

With 12 alilve, it takes 7 to make the gallows-shuffle.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i'd like for ip to get into the discussion a bit more. a pr claim isn't a free pass. you have done nothing but omgus against your "three scummiest" players and presented nothing in the way of hard evidence. how do you feel about juls? you scored her at 7, i believe.

porkens: don't know your meta, but i don't see you as necessarily anti-town. who are your top picks for lynch and why? please include what it is you found scummy enough about ip to put him at L-1. for the record, i agree that an L-1 claim is standard.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Megatheory »

insanepenguin02 wrote: Huh? None of that seemed to make sense to me....

You welcome?

Comments from me? I think I have said plenty in the game outside of my "vote for the third scummiest player" arguement that is actually getting quite old and pointless the more it gets brought up. Can I say....still scum? And are you commenting on me or others when you say "IMO that's the weakest reason against you"?

PPS Huh? Pissed off townie? Is that a role?
"Pissed off townie" refers to your attitude. Normally, townies do react this way when they are under suspicion, but it looks like an act to me. You're not going to help yourself by continuing to be angry and calling us idiots for suspecting you.

You refused to claim unless you were voted for "good reasons," but that's not for you to decide. Apparently, the town has judged the reasons against you and found them good enough to put you at L-1. That's the appropriate time for you to claim, whether you like it or not. It's moot now since you've claimed, but I'm bringing it up because this action has done nothing but make me suspect you more.

There are things I've brought up that you haven't addressed. I think there are points brought up by others that you haven't addressed either. I can find them for you so you can respond, but honestly, you should be doing that yourself. I think, if you were town, you would be more than thorough since you seem to think the arguments against you are so poor.

Yes, I am commenting on others by saying that the primary reason against you isn't very good. I am suspicious of those who are using that as their primary reason.
insanepenguin02 wrote:And I should just say this - to those of you who are town, I would strongly suggest noting the players that are pushing these points against me the most as they will likely be the ones that end up scum at the end of the game. They know who they are and know that everyone else is town and therefore will gladly want to bring up anything that could be taken as scummy about someone else and beat it to death if it means no suspicion or discussion occurs about them during that time.

Just a thought.
What points? You're being unhelpfully vague, and this isn't the first time, either.

Since the OP tells us there are no cops in this game, tracker seems like the next logical fakeclaim for scum. Personally, I wouldn't believe penguin regardless of what he claimed. IMO he is behaving like cornered scum. Is there any way we can reliably test him tonight to see if he really is a tracker?

I'm still not liking geraintm. His posts reek of unhelpful, low contributing scum. It might be early to make that judgment, but I definitely see a pattern forming.
Nameless wrote:If anybody hammers within the next five real life days, my vote will not move from them D2, no exceptions.
I hope you're not serious. Do you think it's highly likely that penguin is town? Can we confirm if he is really a tracker?
Nameless wrote:Afterthought: You know, I'm seriously not sure which I found more dubious: insanepenguin02, or his wagon. Even if IP is scum I wouldn't be surprised to find scum bussing right now.
There's no way his wagon wasn't scum driven. I still think he's scum because if I was his partner, I would probably bus him, too.

Porkens
Is there anything about the case against penguin that sticks out for you, or do you just want to lynch someone ASAP because you hate day 1 so much?
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Atronach »

Juls wrote:@Megatheory - I realised what I was saying at the time of my post (that we both were kinda in the same boat). I knew I had not posted much in the way of content but I felt the difference was the post I was writing. I also stated I was getting a bad vibe from him. Bad vibes aren't something I can put my finger on...something just wasn't sitting right with me.

Another thing I noticed different about penguin was he seemed to be "chatting" whereas at least I was trying to work my way into the conversation, I just really didn't have much to add to that particular discussion.

And I did look over this question on my first read through, sorry
Juls, this seems very wishy-washy. Your post #123, is another example of how you are not committing yourself to anything. Posting a lot or a little doesn't mean much if all you are saying is, "Oh, I see your point" or "I don't have much to say".

What's more when you voted for penguin is post 74, it was basically because of "bad vibes". When Nameless called you on it in post 87, you changed your vote to don_johnson in your very next post (#94).

The only firm stance you've had, in fact, is keeping your vote on don_johnson since then.
FoS: Juls

As for the IP bandwagon, I just don't see it. He has said some fairly suspicious things, and he will have to answer for them. But it did not warrant votes enough to get him to L-1.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

porkens has been a little jumpy...
Porkens wrote:
You know what, don't even bother answering. Lynch this man.

vote: Nameless
vote: insanguin I think it's time for a claim, pengy.
i agree with him about Day 1. I don't think who is lynched day 1 really matters, for the begininng of Day 2 and peoples "reactions" to the nightkills can be a good source for scumhunting. And i mean one townie gone isn't necessarily a bad thing. Unless, of course, there is an abnormal amount of scum/multiple familes. But granted this is a mini game, and only 12 players.

vote: insane penguin

This is exactly what i meant by digging yourself a hole...because of your large post, you had to respond to all 11 players, and in those 11 responses you revealed more, and mucked up.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Plum »

CB: Do you think that it matters if we lynch a
powerrole
Day 1? Your sudden agreement with Porkens (and I'm only somewhat okay with his position here because I've played with his town meta) and your sudden desicion to vote IP coincides beautifully with IP's Tracker claim. Consider that
noted
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Megatheory wrote:
There's no way his wagon wasn't scum driven
. I still think he's scum because if I was his partner, I would probably bus him, too.
the only way for you to
know
that the wagon was scum driven 100% is if you are scum. ip's post was terrible. scum may have been on the wagon. scum was probably on the wagon. but
definitely
? only scum could know for sure. this is not the first time you have chosen your words poorly. i suggest you start proofreading your posts if you are town.

canadianbovine: are you aware that ip has claimed a power role? i still find him scummy, i'm just not sure if you noticed he claimed or not. your post didn't seem to mention it. also, please stop saying the day 1 lynch doesn't matter. it does. yes, sheer odds point to a mislynch, but there is a huge difference between the best lynch, a good lynch, a not so good lynch, and the absolute worst lynch.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: mod can you fix my quote tags, sorry.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Megatheory »

canadianbovine wrote:porkens has been a little jumpy...
Porkens wrote:
You know what, don't even bother answering. Lynch this man.

vote: Nameless
vote: insanguin I think it's time for a claim, pengy.
i agree with him about Day 1. I don't think who is lynched day 1 really matters, for the begininng of Day 2 and peoples "reactions" to the nightkills can be a good source for scumhunting. And i mean one townie gone isn't necessarily a bad thing. Unless, of course, there is an abnormal amount of scum/multiple familes. But granted this is a mini game, and only 12 players.

vote: insane penguin.

This is exactly what i meant by digging yourself a hole...because of your large post, you had to respond to all 11 players, and in those 11 responses you revealed more, and mucked up.
The more I think about this post, the worse it gets. bovine votes for penguin, so that would indicate that he thinks penguin is scum. He says penguin dug himself a hole and mucked up by revealing more. I can't imagine why a townie would ever say this to scum.

Is bovine using Porkens' excuse as a cover? I've looked over his posts and I'm not seeing anything to indicate he had this opinion up until this post.
FOS canadianbovine

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”