Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I generally like to drag things out (long days benefit town more, blah blah blah), but I'm with Spyrex here. I dont have much to say, it isn't as though we
aren't
going to lynch Mykonian. (which limits information we get from the usual maneuvering) I believe that we really need only wait until both MrFixij and Ortolan have had their eulogy speeches. Ask for closing remarks, then prosecute the lynch.

If you decide to give me the finger for cutting off discussion, please have said discussion prepared to hand in, double spaced with margins.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

BUT ITS SOO SCUMMY [/sarcasm]

Yea, I'm fine with that. Chirp chirp then lynch lynch.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by ortolan »

SpyreX Post 974 wrote:Either fix is lying (which I doubt because, well, with myk dead the other scum is in a bad position claiming a PR this early that is reallly hard to confirm) or the other scum performed the kill (much more likely, considering myk was a perfect target for any roles like jailkeeper, rb, etc).
I don't agree- remember mrfixij had committed himself to claiming a power role long before he actually claimed what it was. Having done that I see it as very, very possible as mafia he tried to come up with a plausible suggestion which wouldn't reveal too much to the town. For example if he'd claimed cop he'd have to explain why the hell he didn't die tonight especially when we know the doctor's dead now. Jailkeeper allows him to WIFOM around and claim he roleblocked the person who tried to kill him etc.

But he *needs* to protect me tonight, otherwise lynch him tomorrow please. The logic is scum have most to gain by killing confirmed innocents such as me because they aren't possible lynch targets. If scum instead kill non-confirmed people they narrow down the pool of people who could be scum, so it is in their interests to kill confirmed innocents. If mrfixij is telling the truth and is a town jailkeeper and protects me, then they will kill him. But he will be verified in the process. The other important thing is unless he does this, even if he is telling the truth (which I doubt at this stage) his ability is 100% useless to the town because firstly we have no reason to believe he is telling the truth, and secondly the scum can just WIFOM in return and submit a no-kill so that he then thinks the person he jailkept was the scum but in fact he is wrong. In this case we will lynch the person he claimed he jailkept, they fill flip innocent and we will want to lynch him the day after. And whenever there does happen to be a "no kill", we can't confirm if it's because he is town and jailkept the mafia player, if he is town and the mafia simply submitted a no kill, or if he is scum and deliberately submitted a nokill. But basically I'm 95% sure he's lying but on the offchance he's not, his only viable course of action as a townie is to jailkeep me tonight, in which case he will be killed but he will be verified.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I agree with your assessment with what he should do, but I'm still not sold on him definitely being scum. I mean, yes, he's going to be a natural lynch before lylo if we misguess but it seems SO ballsy and easily busted that I dont know if I can buy it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:55 am

Post by TDC »

don_johnson wrote:however, town is definitelyu overpowered in the protection department.
Why do you know that mrfixij is town?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:21 am

Post by don_johnson »

TDC wrote:
don_johnson wrote:however, town is definitelyu overpowered in the protection department.
i don't. i just don't agree with the current suspicion. he has claimed. should i not give him the benefit of the doubt?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Great improvement from your early game Orto.
Everyone else who read his post and didn't get it, it doesn't matter if he is town or scum at this point. He does what Orto said, period.
If scum decides not to kill to setup WIFOM, awesome. One less townie dead while we unravel the string.
We need to focus on another target and worry, or not worry about MrFixij tommorrow
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:41 am

Post by TDC »

don_johnson wrote:
TDC wrote:
i don't. i just don't agree with the current suspicion. he has claimed. should i not give him the benefit of the doubt?
It's more that your "benefit of the doubt" reads (paraphrased) "he's definitely town, but let me speculate about how weird the setup might be to accommodate him".
It's all the benefit and little of the doubt.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:11 am

Post by don_johnson »

TDC wrote:
don_johnson wrote:
TDC wrote:
It's more that your "benefit of the doubt" reads (paraphrased) "he's definitely town, but let me speculate about how weird the setup might be to accommodate him".
It's all the benefit and little of the doubt.
you are reaching. it is
your
paraphrase. not my words. i am speculating based on the information i have. fixijj's claim carries weight. to me it seems highly improbable that they are scum. possible, but improbable. the
why
of fixijj's survival is entirely wifom. do you think it a fruitful discussion for town? i would prefer that fix answer my original question: why the soft claim?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:24 am

Post by mykonian »

Ectomancer wrote:Great improvement from your early game Orto.
Everyone else who read his post and didn't get it, it doesn't matter if he is town or scum at this point. He does what Orto said, period.
If scum decides not to kill to setup WIFOM, awesome. One less townie dead while we unravel the string.
We need to focus on another target and worry, or not worry about MrFixij tommorrow
Finally someone sees how orto is playing. He plays like a confirmed mason should. Congrats Orto, you finally convinced more people. The vollkan lynch was a good thing for you.

and Ecto, nice of you to tell us who not to kill :)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

Wow I was all ready to get crazy on the thread and then I realized its Myk talking.

So, who are you going to recommend to SL tonight? Hmm?

@DJ:

I know this is going to come as a shocker, but you dont read as "kind of believing" fix is town - your statement reads as he is town. So, no, not surprised by TDC's question.

Of course, I'm anxiously await more votes to murder this sucka'
Show

Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:51 am

Post by TDC »

I thought we were waiting for mrfixij.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

Thats what I'm eluding too. ;)

Although its kind of moot. As Ecto and ort have said, if fix is town he's protecting ort (or himself based on my wifom'd)

So, either way the plans are set.
Show

Proud member of BaM
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:08 am

Post by mykonian »

SpyreX wrote:Wow I was all ready to get crazy on the thread and then I realized its Myk talking.

So, who are you going to recommend to SL tonight? Hmm?
DJ obviously, he seems to be her biggest competitor :P
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:09 am

Post by mykonian »

And you are so rude...

can't we all live in harmony?
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:19 am

Post by mrfixij »

I softclaimed because Spyre's case was reliant on a lack of other power roles. JK is a very protown role, but really, REALLY goddamn scummy because there's no way to prove it. Should suspicion have been shifted to me, I'd rather have not needed to claim JK out of the blue because it would have been the same WIFOM discussion we're having now, but a lot closer to a mislynch. Not to mention the fact that while I agreed with Spyre's case on spring at the time, it was a factor that Spyre hadn't addressed. In fact, by stating that his case was dependant on having no other power roles, he himself was softclaiming in my opinion. The difference is that my softclaim was much more pronounced.

So in essence, I softclaimed for two reasons: 1. preemptive survival
2. filling in the gaps on Spyre's otherwise solid case.
Also answer to 'e, it, scumbag, 'ey you!, and his royal towniness.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:28 am

Post by mykonian »

lies, all lies!
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:41 am

Post by ortolan »

Vote: mykonian
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:47 am

Post by springlullaby »

Having fun aren't you?

Done rereading.

I'm good with lynching mykonian.

For the record, I think TDC is very scummy for taking zero stand. I'm very unhappy Volk didn't turn out scum because I think Spyrex was very scummy D1, but I don't think he could be faking the 'told you so-ness' that well.

Vote:mykoninan
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:57 am

Post by TDC »

Zero stand on what?
Myk is obviously scum, not much else to do today.
Love your "I'm good with lynching mykonian".. as if there ever was any sort of alternative.

I assume mrfixij not objecting implies consent with our plan for his jailkeeping, so
vote: mykonian

Not sure whether we need one more?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:06 am

Post by mykonian »

springlullaby wrote:
Vote:mykoninan
you want to kill me, fine...
even if I haven't done anything but lying about my role.

But could you at least spell my name right?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Ectomancer »

vote mykonion

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

Unvote

I've CHANGED MY MIND

Wait

Vote: MiConeIANZ
Show

Proud member of BaM
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Rage »

Vote Count - Day 2

With
alive,
votes is majority.

mykonian - 6 (Ectomancer, springlullaby, ortolan, don_johnson, mrfixij, Spyrex)

Not Voting - (mykonian, TDC)

With the only votes of the day, and more than enough for majority,
Mykonian
has been lynched!

So, after a misguided lynch on the previous day, the enraged members of the Town quickly came to the conclusion that Mykonian had to be one of whatever scum they were trying to find. They quickly hung a noose over his head and did away with that awful business of hanging him from a tree.

As his body slumped over from its last convulsion, and his last breath escaped his mouth, a few items dropped out of his coat. A small piece of paper with an illegible name scratched out, a pen, and an airline ticket for later in the day, with his name written on the back. It seem as though he wanted to get out of this town as fast as he possibly could!

Well, at least he had contributed to the town's economy in his final efforts to escape.

Mykonian, a
Mafia Goon
, has been lynched.

If you have a night action, please send it to me by
Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 @ 6:00 PM (EST)
. Night will last until then.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Rage »

Again, the sun rose, and so did the heads of the town. They collected in an all too familiar place once again. Someone did a head count, and found two people missing.

"Hey, Ortolan and Ectomancer aren't here!"
"Huh, big surprise
you
know who's missing."
"Well
you
are quick to jump on me!"
"Be quiet, both of you! We need to find them!"

The Town decided to discover what had happened to Ortolan first, and to find out there was only one thought that crossed their mind. A visit to the clubhouse in the middle of the forest. Upon entrance into it through an lockless door, they found a collapsed Ortolan, with a blood-drenched face and a hole between his eyes. On the ground beneath him lay a picture of orangepenguin and him, with his arm over orangepenguin's shoulders. They were the best of friends it seemed, and Ortolan had been visiting the clubhouse one last time. There was no need to look into Ortolan's death further. The man had been murdered.

Ortolan, the last
Mason
, has been eliminated from the game.

As they tried to shake off, or pretend to shake off, the death of their Town's mason group, they soon remembered there had been another death in the night. They headed over to Ectomancer's house to discover his identity, only to find the door already opened, and a blood trail leading down from the upper level. They rushed into his bedroom to find that Ectomancer had been killed in his sleep, with a picture of his family over his chest. After a thorough inspection, they found nothing suspicious and nothing out of order. He had been a simple man simply trying to save his town from the scum infestation.

Ectomancer, a
Vanilla Townie
, has been eliminated from the game.

And with that, Day 3 has begun!

With 5 alive, majority is 3 votes.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”