charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by charter »

sotty wrote:Okay...I don't know how many times I can say it without losing my mind...

You are suggesting we lynch THE ONE player I have an innocent on.
You are suggesting that we lynch outside JDodge and Vi where we KNOW one of them is lying and therefore scum.

Can you please explain why either of these ideas are good ones?
Can I give you a reason that isn't WIFOM? No. The reason I'm so sure is that I know you're going to get an innocent on me if we lynch jodge/vi correctly.
sotty wrote:It lives on the assumption that we are in Godfather C9.
Even if that assumption is correct and someone is the Godfather, don't you think it is beneficial to the town to get in as many investigations as possible? The fact is that we have a 50/50 between Vi and JDodge, there IS scum in there somewhere, the whole town can see that.
Well, you're going to get one more investigation regardless (or we are going to lose today). There's also the 50/50 between me and kuribo, assuming you're not scum, so there IS scum in me/kuribo as well. (unless you believe both jdodge/vi to be scum and then I'd want to know why you think you survived the night and why they haven't piled votes onto me/kuribo for a win).
sotty wrote:You are trying to claim that it isn't logical for the Godfather to counter claim doc. To be honest it could be played either way. The Godfather could be counter claiming to set just this situation up! Then if we guess right between you and kuribo MY INVESTAGTIONS BECOME USLESS.
How is that any different than the situation we are in right now? You want to lynch one of them today, you don't have a guilty on one of them. If one is the GF, then tomorrow you're not going to have a guilty on one of them either.

The reason I am claiming it isn't logical is think about the beginning of today. Right after jdodge/vi claimed doc. Did you think there was any way we wouldn't be lynching one of them? I know I didn't. I believe that's what the scum thought as well. I think that's what everyone in the game (except maybe jdodge) thought.
sotty wrote:So in light of this possibility... Can you really sit there and tell me that we should lynch the one guy I have an innocent on when the Godfather isn't confirmed? Can you really sit there and tell me that a ballsy GF wouldn't try and make this play? However unlikely, isn't it still possible?
I can understand why you're hesitant, but look at why I'm not. One of me/kuribo is scum. One of jdodge/vi is scum. I also don't think it's ballsy, it just
makes sense
for the GF to not counterclaim. I can't give you any concrete reason other than that.
sotty wrote:I won't lie. The exchange between JDodge and Vi is making my head hurt. I think I am going to have to look back once more before I commit either way on that right now. I will say again though, my vote will be going to either JDodge or Vi.
I hope you pick right!
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Simenon »

Vote Count

Jdodge (1)- Vi
Vi (1)- Jdodge
kuribo (1)- charter
charter (1)- kuribo
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Vi »

Four days to deadline.

charter, kuribo, Sotty7. Now would be a good time to discuss who among JDodge and myself you'll vote for. Questions are welcome.
(To head off the alternative of kuribo vs. charter, that only makes sense in Godfather C9. While Godfather C9 is probable, it's not as definite as the fact that one of me and JDodge is lying. In other words, what Sotty7 said.)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by JDodge »

Vi wrote:Four days to deadline.

charter, kuribo, Sotty7. Now would be a good time to discuss who among JDodge and myself you'll vote for. Questions are welcome.
(To head off the alternative of kuribo vs. charter, that only makes sense in Godfather C9. While Godfather C9 is probable, it's not as definite as the fact that one of me and JDodge is lying. In other words, what Sotty7 said.)
At this point, one of:

Vi/kuribo
Vi/charter
JD/kuribo
JD/charter

is guaranteed. By lynching out of the second subset, we in effect increase our chances given random chance by a considerable margin.

I will move my vote to kuribo on the day of the deadline if we go that route. I suggest Vi state whom he is willing to vote out of that group. I also want kuribo/charter to say whom they'd like to lynch out of me/Vi. If we can get a consensus between one side or the other, we have minimal reason to not go that route.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Vi »

JDodge 603 wrote:At this point, one of:

Vi/kuribo
Vi/charter
JD/kuribo
JD/charter

is guaranteed.
Except it's not
guaranteed
JDodge 603 wrote:By lynching out of the second subset, we in effect increase our chances given random chance by a considerable margin.
WIFOM.
JDodge 603 wrote:I will move my vote to kuribo on the day of the deadline if we go that route. I suggest Vi state whom he is willing to vote out of that group. I also want kuribo/charter to say whom they'd like to lynch out of me/Vi. If we can get a consensus between one side or the other, we have minimal reason to not go that route.
There's a noticeable problem here. If one Mafiate and one Townie are supposed to agree to lynch either the Mafiate's scumpartner or an unrelated Townie, which one do you think they're going to agree upon? You aren't even considering IYO-confirmed-Town Sotty7 in this at all, instead relying on one Mafiate to bus the other in order to hit scum today. This is a Bad Idea, straight-up.

As far as kuribo vs. charter, considering I'm not overly fond of either of them and haven't advocated either of their lynches yet (nor do I still) I would need to look over it again.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

If I had to vote right this second I would be placing it on JDodge. Several things he has said has set me on edge, I just feel like he seems to know too much about the set up at this point. Makes me uneasy.

I just logged in now to re-read as much as I can to see if I can gain any extra information that would sway me either way because I'm really unsure at this point.

So yeah, this isn't 100% but we do need to keep the dialog open as we near this deadline.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Sotty7 »

charter who do you think is scum between Vi and JDodge?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Simenon »

Deadline extended to the 12th.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by charter »

I'm on vacation, I get back sat, and I can talk more, sorry!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Did we all die in the crash or are we just waiting for something to happen? :?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Vi »

Sotty7 609 wrote:Did we all die in the crash or are we just waiting for something to happen? :?
Both. This game is hell.

...actually, just the latter option.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:22 am

Post by kuribo »

Sotty7 wrote:Did we all die in the crash or are we just waiting for something to happen? :?
we're all just stubborn
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:33 am

Post by JDodge »

Vi wrote:

Vi/kuribo
Vi/charter
JD/kuribo
JD/charter

is guaranteed.
Except it's not
guaranteed
Why would any scum in their right mind out of kuribo/charter vote the other when it's pretty damn obvious that one of us is scum? And in the Vi/JD case, wouldn't they hesitate more? And since there has been no quicker attempt on anyone thus far, if you're saying that Vi/JD, kuribo/charter, or Sotty/anyone is anywhere
near
worth mentioning as a possibility at this point, you're a bit completely out of your mind.
Vi wrote:
JDodge 603 wrote:By lynching out of the second subset, we in effect increase our chances given random chance by a considerable margin.
WIFOM.
Cold, hard fact. Do the math, or look at one of my many posts where I do the math for you. Then again, I've given up on you actually reading the context of any of my statements after during our last little debate (which was, you know, actually helping) where you just said screw it and decided to completely ignore everything I said.
Vi wrote:
JDodge 603 wrote:I will move my vote to kuribo on the day of the deadline if we go that route. I suggest Vi state whom he is willing to vote out of that group. I also want kuribo/charter to say whom they'd like to lynch out of me/Vi. If we can get a consensus between one side or the other, we have minimal reason to not go that route.
There's a noticeable problem here. If one Mafiate and one Townie are supposed to agree to lynch either the Mafiate's scumpartner or an unrelated Townie, which one do you think they're going to agree upon? You aren't even considering IYO-confirmed-Town Sotty7 in this at all, instead relying on one Mafiate to bus the other in order to hit scum today. This is a Bad Idea, straight-up.
Au contraire; by forcing them to agree, we
guarantee
that we're lynching someone at least one townie agrees upon. I want to use Sotty as a tiebreaker. Furthermore, forcing scum to commit to a suspicion is generally a good thing. Pull your head out of your ass and start thinking.
Vi wrote:As far as kuribo vs. charter, considering I'm not overly fond of either of them and haven't advocated either of their lynches yet (nor do I still) I would need to look over it again.
Gee. Another cop-out response. How unpredictable.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Sotty7 »

kuribo wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Did we all die in the crash or are we just waiting for something to happen? :?
we're all just stubborn
Are you happy keeping your vote on charter now? Or will you be swtiching to one of JDodge or Vi?

And Vi, you keep saying you will look back over chater v Kuribo... I for one would really like to know where you stand on that issue.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:32 am

Post by charter »

Vi wrote:

Vi/kuribo
Vi/charter
JD/kuribo
JD/charter

is guaranteed.
Except it's not
guaranteed
WIFOM.

As far as kuribo vs. charter, considering I'm not overly fond of either of them and haven't advocated either of their lynches yet (nor do I still) I would need to look over it again.
Posts like this scream vote Vi in my head. I don't do it because I think Jdodge is actually scum.
Sotty7 wrote:charter who do you think is scum between Vi and JDodge?
Without rereading again (which I will do if we must go between Vi/Jdodge) I'd say Jdodge.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Can explain why? On both accounts.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by charter »

Not really, it's mostly just gut. Sorry I can't be that helpful other than repeating that Kuribo is the GF over and over.

Jdodge would gain massive town points if he votes kuribo before anyone else changes votes. I feel like Vi flat out isn't going to change, whereas both kuribo (I believe) and jdodge have stated that they would move before deadline. Seems to me like both are waiting until as close to deadline as possible, which I see scum doing because it prevents any discussion of the change, and they could be hoping they don't need to change.

Sotty, do you believe Jdodge and Vi to be scum? If not, who of me/kuribo do you believe to be scum?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I've been trying to place my vote for a couple of days now but I keep second guessing myself.

I think there is scum in each of the two little groups we have going. So one in JDodge/Vi and one in charter/kuribo.

Out of charter/kuribo I believe the scum to be charter. I just have a town read on kuribo and a innocent investigation on top of that. People have been trying to say he is the GF but I just don't see it and I'm not buying it at this point.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by charter »

Sotty, would you still think that kuribo is town if we get to tomorrow with a doc dead, a goon lynched, and you have an innocent on both me and kuribo?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Apologies for not responding sooner in this regard.

Page 2: charter and afatchic take the same sides in calling out KrisReizer. However, charter is doing so to defend JDodge (35, 39), while afatchic seems more to be talking to KR (41, 45).

Page 3: charter pushes KR (who JDodge is also hating) (52); afatchic acts mildly and looks at other people (every post). Counterpoint:
afatchic 68 wrote:
also aviny you seem to be trying to hard to make a case against me. im sure you can pick and choose anyone in the game and find posts that don't fit right or something, so what makes mine right there so bad?
i was just explaining my thoughts on the topic at the time, which i would consider helpful. so for right now my vote just went from random to serious. that was some good guessing on page 1 wasn't it!
This seems like a scummy reaction to being called a fluffposter - asking "why not pick on someone else, since I think you could" seems like denying any case on him at all.
afatchic 72 sees him call Moospiker on OMGUS; charter simply blows smoke to say Moospiker is probably scum (the reason was stated earlier as Moospiker "fishing for power roles" by asking for a claim on Page 3, which I don't grasp the logic behind; see Page 8) (74).

Page 4: afatchic 75 seems pro-Town. His reasons for not voting Moospiker to L-1 seem pro-Town, whereas charter refuses the "newb card". Again I see they're agreeing, but I like afatchic's way of going about it than charter's.

Page 5: charter calls afatchic on "coming around" to the Moospiker case (104, 109), but afatchic and Moospiker counter that they have been dialoguing for "half the game". afatchic 110 is a thorough rebuttal of it that reads to me as very pro-Town. charter counters by asking why afatchic didn't express disapproval of the claim until after charter did, but I think this is a weak point - people don't have to say EVERYTHING they're suspicious of at any given time, though it helps. JDodge attacks afatchic for "awkward buddying to Moo" (117), which doesn't make sense IMO. charter 121 denies Moospiker 98 (giving up) is a bad post and calls it a Town point, but keeps his vote on him while calling afatchic on his vote on Moospiker (huh?).

Page 6: charter 128 pushes the Moospiker lynch (without giving any indication he did the reread to see if Moospiker was a good votee in 109). afatchic 136 votes Moospiker after asking why he should be lynched largely because the game has come to a halt, and I can sympathize, having been in similar situations. charter declines to talk about his suspicions, saying he shouldn't do so before night; afatchic agrees here.

Page 7: However, after Moospiker claims, charter still refuses to do discuss his opinions even though they're no longer in a near-night situation (152)! afatchic explains the near-night reason for not talking about their suspicions, but he wasn't being asked to list his suspicions so :v
JDodge (155) votes afatchic and basically tells us to figure out the reason on our own; also says charter gets "points off". JDodge (160) also hits afatchic in for apparently trying to use Moospiker's breadcrumb against him, when that's not what he was doing. It seems to me that JDodge already knew Moospiker was telling the truth.
charter 162 puts up a case against Avinyl, which was kinda holey but since most cases have been up to this point I'm not interested in poking it. afatchic 168 sounds like legitimate townie RAGE at the stuff being pushed on him.

Page 8: charter calls Moospiker's breadcrumb b.s. because he asked for a claim. afatchic agreed, but M-M started to dialogue on it. As soon as that happened, charter stopped the conversation immediately. When asked to give his opinion on afatchic, he says "eh, null". Woo. I think my initial read of afatchic's posts was mistaken.

-----
Lots of pages where charter asks OMG VOTE ELDARAD OMG VOTE ELDARAD PRODS PLEASE PEOPLE VOTE ELD, which I've already expressed disapproval of.
-----

Page 14: charter likes me more now that I'm not voting him and questioning eldarad.

Page 15: kuribo puts out the hate on me, massively, mostly stemming from KrisReizer. No negative comments on JDodge. kuribo characterizes afatchic as seeming scummy regardless of alignment, which especially in light of the earlier analysis is striking in a bad way. kuribo says I haven't answered "other suspicions" he has of me, but doesn't say what they are. charter 362 catches this nicely; he also asks why kuribo no longer suspects Moospiker after Page 6 (this question never gets answered). JDodge jumps off afatchic/kuribo and onto eldarad, reportedly because it's more likely to reach a lynch before deadline. kuribo basically admits his case on me is a result of KrisReizer's scumminess in 370. charter pressures JDodge (weakly) for his vote on eld, which seems strange considering his incessant insistence to vote eldarad.

Page 16: JDodge weakly distances from kuribo by wondering why he didn't see KrisReizer as pro-Town in the least (388). charter gives up on JDodge and goes back to eldarad :v

Day 2: kuribo denies JDodge's attempt to get either charter or kuribo lynched today, while charter is the first one to propose credence to it even though initially he doesn't understand it (521, 523). I like kuribo's openness. charter 541 says that Vi is generically scummier than a specific point on JDodge, which is odd (I'm still not sure how I became scummy IHO in the first place, aside from because I voted him D1). charter is obviously eating out of JDodge's hand theorywise; I agree with kuribo 550, 551, and 554. I like charter 580 as an attempt to put together a case on the person being accused, but it IS as weak as kuribo called it out to be ("never answered questions about himself" should read "never answered questions AT himself" for it to become the only decent point against kuribo specifically).

Oh, and I somehow missed this.
charter 545 wrote:VI
Daykill: charter

Bottom line: afatchic << D1 charter < D1 kuribo < D2
charter

Not that either of them should be today's lynch, as said before.

-----
charter 614 wrote:Posts like this scream vote Vi in my head. I don't do it because I think Jdodge is actually scum.
Why?

-----
JDodge 613 wrote:And since there has been no quicker attempt on anyone thus far, if you're saying that Vi/JD, kuribo/charter, or Sotty/anyone is anywhere near worth mentioning as a possibility at this point, you're a bit completely out of your mind.
The first two? Of course not. Sotty7/you is a possibility, albeit pretty unlikely - but still not anything I'm interested in taking a chance on.
JDodge 613 wrote:Cold, hard fact. Do the math, or look at one of my many posts where I do the math for you. Then again, I've given up on you actually reading the context of any of my statements after during our last little debate (which was, you know, actually helping) where you just said screw it and decided to completely ignore everything I said.
Your math is based on WIFOM - that the GF wouldn't counterclaim. There is no "cold, hard fact" involved.
Also, bird in hand = two in the bush, etc.
JDodge 613 wrote:Au contraire; by forcing them to agree, we guarantee that we're lynching someone at least one townie agrees upon. I want to use Sotty as a tiebreaker. Furthermore, forcing scum to commit to a suspicion is generally a good thing.
Well
obviously
in a situation where there are two scum and three for a majority one Townie is going to agree to the lynch. Forcing scum to commit isn't a bad thing, but I wouldn't use it to get a lynch. It still doesn't solve the problem of trusting that scum will bus each other to stay alive today.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Simenon »

Deadline will hit 8:00 EST tomorrow. The game will continue until I reach the thread.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

charter wrote:Sotty, would you still think that kuribo is town if we get to tomorrow with a doc dead, a goon lynched, and you have an innocent on both me and kuribo?
You know something I don't?

But if that did happen things would change. You would still be my number one suspect, but nothing would be 100% At this point I'm just hoping we make it to day 3.

Okay, deadline is coming up and I have been reading and re-reading this game more times than I can even remember. When it comes to JDodge v Vi I just find JDodge the scummier of the two.

Things that stick out?
JDodge 155 wrote:Let's quickly go with note #1 here - Anyone can breadcrumb. Anyone.
Breadcrumbs should not be taken as any more proof than someone saying "I'm X".
JDodge 160 wrote:
afatchic 159 wrote:ill answer it anyways. anyone can breadcrumb anything. just because someone breadcrumbs something doesn't really mean that they have to have that role. however, unless there is a cc, you never vote a claimed PR D1.
2 things.

1, are you trying to use the breadcrumb
against
moospiker here? That's pretty terrible.
To me it looks a lot like afatchic said pretty much exactly what JDodge himself said in post 155 and yet JDodge turns it around to make afatchic look bad. Struck me as very strange. Add to the fact that JDodge had just moved his vote over to afatchic..
JDodge 155 wrote:#2 -
Unvote, vote: afatchic
. If you can't see why afatchic is scum, you need to get glasses or contact lenses or laser eye surgery or euthanized.
Just really stunk to me on my read though again. This was just after Moo had claimed and people were starting to look else where, namely at afatchic.

-He then drops off the face of the earth for a few pages without ever making a case on afatchic

-Comes back, makes a case, then drops it as soon as kuribo (a more vocal/forcable player) replaces in.

-Counter claims doc. Never states who he protected. Probably should be obvious, but still.

-Certain of the Godfather C9 yet never entertains the plus sides to the GF counterclaiming doc.

-Talks about lynching outside of himself and Vi but seems to have tunnel vision for only things that Vi posts. Even goes as far as saying he'd rather lynch either kuribo/charter yet never moves his vote off Vi.

Vote: JDodge.

Just comes down to him being a lot scummier than Vi to me at this point
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by charter »

Well, either Jodge is scum and me voting him will be good, or he's town and he's about to get lynched anyway.
unvote, vote Jdodge

Go Town!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:31 am

Post by Vi »

charter 622 wrote:Well, either Jodge is scum and me voting him will be good, or he's town and he's about to get lynched anyway.
unvote, vote Jdodge

Go Town!
If you had to choose based on something other than the collective's convenience, which would you have picked? (not necessarily between me and JDodge)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:32 am

Post by charter »

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”