Mafia 88- Return to New Catania- Game Over!

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Der Hammer wrote:I'm not Scum. Some of you are making the right decision.
I don't really think you're scum, but I still debated voting to lynch you. What irks me is that you really only come in to post whenever your name is mentioned. Are you going to be more helpful tomorrow presuming you aren't vigged?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I'm guessing the deadline is going to be moved to the site being down for a few days?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Also, I would be more helpful and avoid lurking as I did today if I am not lynched(lol, I sound like a politician).
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by iamausername »

Seraphim wrote:I'm guessing the deadline is going to be moved to the site being down for a few days?
Yeah, Fonz posted a message to that effect when the site was briefly back up, but everything posted in that time got lost.

Also, I did this:
Unvote, Vote: Der Hammer

Because he only claimed under pressure, advocated his own lynch for like ten minutes before changing his mind which seems deeply insincere, he's not talking about much besides the possibility of his own lynch, and half the people voting Seraphim appear to be doing so purely because "we've got to lynch someone".

That's now the third time I've explained that vote. Fun times.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

tubby216 wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Elmo wrote:Miller lynch > Townie lynch
Yeah, but not by much, especally after claims. A clamed miller is only slightly less useful then a claimed townie at this point; after all, a guy who looks scummy and gets wagoned to a vanillia townie claim under pressure day 1 probably shouldn't get an early cop investigating anyway.

this is the part where i get lost. If not now when is the proper time to lynch a claimed miller? cause as i see it now most everyone is content to give him a pass through day one. But my question is this how long does that pass last. I just don't want to waste time agian on the der hammer issue, or agian on day three. I feel its in our best intrest to lynch him now and be done with it.
Re-posting this:

Well, it's in our best interests now to lynch him, if he's scum. It's in our best interest to lynch him if he's more likely to be scum then anyone else, or at this point if he's more likely to be scum then anyone else we might be able to get lynched before deadline.

The fact that he's a claimed miller, though, is I think kind of a red herring. I mean, he's slightly less useful the a claimed townie, and if you want to take that into consideration, fine, but you should be mostly voting for whoever you think is more likely to be scum at this point.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

YAY it's back up. I need my injection.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Xtoxm wrote:YAY it's back up. I need my injection.
Yeah, I was hurting.

Yos, Miller claim out of the equation, what are your thoughts on Der Hammer? I may have missed it, but your main thrust surrounding DH has been that we shouldn't lynch a claimed miller out of hand, but I dont know where you actually stand on his behavior. Its interesting that you've mentioned him so often, but I dont recall that bit of information. If you've said it before, a quote is fine for a response.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Claus »

I want a vote count, and an updated deadline :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Shanba wrote: My experience with xyl is that he lives by his metas. So far, I know that he definitely plays by these metas:

Lynch all lurkers
Lynch all self-voters
(anti-town play is scummy)
Do not bus scum partners
This is unhelpful, and unwanted on D1.
I'm back!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

What is?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

Sorry guys, I am in Germany at the moment with very limited access.
You used to be alright
What happened?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ectomancer wrote:
Yeah, I was hurting.

Yos, Miller claim out of the equation, what are your thoughts on Der Hammer? I may have missed it, but your main thrust surrounding DH has been that we shouldn't lynch a claimed miller out of hand, but I dont know where you actually stand on his behavior. Its interesting that you've mentioned him so often, but I dont recall that bit of information. If you've said it before, a quote is fine for a response.
I did say it before; basically, I don't think he's scum. I just don't think it's that likely that Der Hammer, as scum, would come up with a claim like that; pulling a miller claiming out of nowhere, combined with a "so we should probably lynch me" and a self-vote, would be a pretty bizzare gambit for a scum to try to pull off; and nothing in my previous experence with Der Hammer suggests he's especally likely to try to pull of a gambit like that as scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 am

Post by Claus »

Here is the thing with Der Hammer. I don't know if he is town or scum, but what I know, is that there is a lot of people jumping on the DH wagon recently because "He claimed miller under pressure".

That is simply not correct.

(IAUN - 1053, Ectomancer - 1046, on a quick re-read, probably a few others I'm missing)

He claimed miller out of nowhere, when there were 6 people on the Tubby wagon, and three votes on him, one of those votes from Tubby himself, one from hoopla (gogo lurkerwagon), and one vote from shanba which was the only serious vote. People were not talking about DH at the moment, outside of these three votes. There was no heavy pressure for him to claim.

While I don't mind the DH wagon, and even find it good (The Seph wagon is better, though), intelligent people pointing out incorrect facts to support a vote makes me quite uneasy. Specially in light of the impending deadline.

Seph is the game today folks. Gogogo.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:51 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

will update later.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:28 am

Post by Claus »

Getting from Elmo:

Unofficial Vote Count

Seraphim (11): Claus, curiouskarmadog, Der Hammer, Natirasha, vollkan, Hoopla, OhGodMyLife, magisterrian, Yos, Xtomx, Shanba
Der Hammer (7): Xylthixlm, Seraphim, tubby216, Elmo, skitzer, Ectomancer, IAUN
OhGodMyLife (2): farside22, Sir Tornado
Tubby216 (1): SensFan

Not voting: militant

=====

L-1. So, who would like the honour?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
Yeah, I was hurting.

I did say it before; basically, I don't think he's scum. I just don't think it's that likely that Der Hammer, as scum, would come up with a claim like that; pulling a miller claiming out of nowhere, combined with a "so we should probably lynch me" and a self-vote, would be a pretty bizzare gambit for a scum to try to pull off; and nothing in my previous experence with Der Hammer suggests he's especally likely to try to pull of a gambit like that as scum.
Why the hell are you voting someone you're calling town?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Pressure is not a quantity measured by number of votes Claus. Of course you know this, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw some dirt, all the while saying you agree with the lynch?
Your statement is the one that does not jive with the facts.
Coming from an experienced player, who should know what pressure is, that is a cause for uneasineass.

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Claus »

I love you too, Ecto :-)

And of course I know pressure doesn't only come from votes, that is why I mentioned DH was not even the main subjects of the last few pages.

Boo.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Apparently nothing i posted during that period yest when the site was up has survived. Grr.

Deadline is tomorrow, noon GMT (7am Eastern).
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Haha! That was good. Not the usual response I get :P

militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:29 am

Post by militant »

Claus wrote:Getting from Elmo:

Unofficial Vote Count

Seraphim (11): Claus, curiouskarmadog, Der Hammer, Natirasha, vollkan, Hoopla, OhGodMyLife, magisterrian, Yos, Xtomx, Shanba

=====

L-1. So, who would like the honour?
May I?

I didn't vote in my last post, I thought there was more discussion to be had, I was right.
Seraphim
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:32 am

Post by militant »

EBWOP

Vote Seraphim

Sorry :oops:
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

Official Votecount: Just like Claus' own-brand version, except $12 more.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

Final Votecount: like the previous one, but with added HAMMAH!

Seraphim (11): Claus, curiouskarmadog, Der Hammer, Natirasha, vollkan, Hoopla, OhGodMyLife, magisterrian, Yosarian2, Xtomx, Shanba, militant
Der Hammer (7): Xylthixlm, Seraphim, tubby216, Elmo, skitzer, Ectomancer, Iamausername

Not voting: None

At the end of a long and tiring day, two candidates had emerged for lynching. With the setting sun acting as a reminder to the townspeople of their desire to return to the safety of their homes before nightfall, a consensus emerged that the one known as
Seraphim
was the most likely of their number to be involved in the killings.

As twelve of his friends and neighbors attached the noose to his neck, Seraphim had two thoughts. 'What did I do?' was the first. 'What's going to happen to all the beer in my fridge?' was the other.

There are many answers to the former. The answer to the latter is that they were taken by various members of the lynch mob, who searched his house for indications of ties to criminal organisations, but found nothing but a month's supply of chilled beverages. Ah well, when life gives you lemons...

Seraphim,
Vanilla Townie,
Has been lynched.

It is now Night one. Deadline for actions is
5pm GMT (noon Eastern), Monday January 12th.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

It had seemed like a quiet night in New Catania. The streets were silent, and the residents felt secure behind their locked doors and alarm systems.

Sir Tornado
woke up with the dawn, and thanked God for having survived the night. He strolled out of the house in his dressing gown- and was mown down in a hail of bullets. The entire street were woken by the sound of automatic weapons, and gathered around the corpse, vowing vengeance.

Sir Tornado, Vanilla Townie,
turned into swiss cheese.

It is now day two- with twenty alive, it requires eleven votes to lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”