Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Benmage (1): magisterrain

Not Voting: Charrat, insanepenguin02, T-Rex, Benmage, Azhrei, qwints

4 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by magisterrain »

Azhrei wrote: 1. Nope, except maybe penguin, cos he seems to want to help.

2. Maybe benmage or magis, for the reasons earlier stated, but im not sure.
so you're just gonna rely on other people to make the cases against
scum?
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Charrat wrote:Does anyone have any theories as to why LongShanks was killed last night? He did not get many posts in before the day ended, and other than a small disagreement with Ben, he did not discuss much with anyone. Maybe he was just a random pick, or maybe he was chosen because he was one of the few players not to vote to lynch Vamp, making him look more townish?
On LongShanks, like you said, the only real comments that he made before being killed was a minor disagreement with benmage back on page 4. Those were his last posts... It's hard to tell from so little information that it is kind of frustrating! Perhaps it was due to disagreeing with a scum, not being active so he was an easy kill... I don't know.

Charrat wrote:I am going to re-ask the questions I posted on Day 1, give people a chance to answer who didn't, and see who changed their answers and why.

1. At this moment, are there any players that you believe are town? If so, why?
2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia? If so, why?.
3. How would you choose who to lynch today if you do not yet have any suspicions of who may be mafia?
4. Would you consider vote for no-lynching today? Why or why not?
1) Town: If I had to say anybody right now, it would be
Charrat
. For asking these questions he is trying to get information out into the open, encourage participation, and get people discussing the game and its possibilities. All others are just speculation.

2) Mafia:
Mag
- for reasons stated earlier; Slight possibility of
benmage
but for now, I still need to see more from him. I am still surprised at the weird, quick suspicion of me on day 1 that was a little scummy. And lastly I would say
Azhrei
due to just a couple comments that he has made in his last few posts:
Azhrei wrote:I'm, still here! Sorry, I just forget to check this game sometimes.
Azhrei wrote:
1. Nope, except maybe penguin, cos he seems to want to help.

3. T-Rex, if I had to, cos he's been the mst inactive.

4. Hell no, we needa at least try and get scum.
Seems to me that he is lurking a little. Making posts here and there just to seem active enough. Also, his answers above are VERY vague and follow the current trend to the t. Me being town is the outlook of just about everyone right now. Ben and mag have been the only ones looked at as being scum. T-Rex has barely even posted, making him an easy SCUM kill. And hardly any real reason to not vote no lynch. Could you explain a little more and provide some analysis please?

3) I would not choose anyone right now, reason for my no vote currently. There just isn't enough evidence out there yet.

4) Absolutely not. I want to drag this day out as long as possible and/or needed to get people to discuss in here. If us that are active vote for a no lynch, we are giving the possibly lurking scum the easy kills. So I vote on continuing this until we either get replacements, get people talking, etc.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:31 pm

qwints - Other than your vote on Vamp, what else do you think? You said yourself that lurking is anti-town/pro-scum. So are you lurking, busy, or what? Please answer Charrat's and my questions.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:35 pm

t-rex: What do you think about benmage now? Why are you not as active? You stated that you don't understand the ben hate so who would be a person that you would lean towards being scum right now? If you could also answer the questions presented by Charrat again and these questions it would be helpful.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Benmage »

1.lost
2.lost
3.lost
4. keep the day for sure, i feel if we are unsuccessful today, and without a doctor save or roleblock(if possible) were doomed with a double town deathblow.

i'm really unsure..need more information from all.

Charrat has proposed these questions.. but thats all, more needed from azhrei, qwints and t-rex for sure.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:13 am

Benmage wrote:1.lost
2.lost
3.lost
4. keep the day for sure, i feel if we are unsuccessful today, and without a doctor save or roleblock(if possible) were doomed with a double town deathblow.

Charrat has proposed these questions.. but thats all, more needed from azhrei, qwints and t-rex for sure.
Wow. Weak IMO. You can read into some of these people's posts at least a little bit in order to at least post an opinion on something here. Are you trying to keep in all of your opinions or what? Don't want to give out too much info?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:20 am

Post by qwints »

I'm back.

I think vamp is as much to blame for his mislynch as any scum actions, but he's certainly right that there will be at least one scum and probably two on the wagon. Lynches that fast need scum action. So here's the list:

magisterrain, qwints, T-Rex, insanepenguin02, Benmage

Of these, the fact that Benmage hammered, was so eager to hammer and tried to justify it by saying he'd be damned if he didn't was extremely anti-town.
So,
HOS: Benmage
(Hand of suspicion)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Benmage »

insanepenguin02 wrote:
Benmage wrote:1.lost
2.lost
3.lost

Wow. Weak IMO. You can read into some of these people's posts at least a little bit in order to at least post an opinion on something here. Are you trying to keep in all of your opinions or what? Don't want to give out too much info?
1. I don't think there's enough sufficient information out there to believe anyone to be town...if i had to pick one most likely town, than yea it would be Charrat.

2. Again...really don't think there's much information out there to damn people..If I had to pick anyone I'd say Qwints and possibly Magis(working together) Allow me to theorize and explain:

Qwints voted first against vamp in his first post for being the other IC player. (He himself is an IC person) He quickly drops his vote against vamp and switches to Azhrei for voting OMGUS (not the worst decision)..not much occurs, he returns to his vote for Vamp in coheres with Magis decision. Magis here jumps out at Vamp for making a quick act following a statement I made(vamp even retracts his claim, but its too late) Qwints follows Magis vote rather quickly(perhaps trying to form a bw, perhaps Vamp was an agreed upon target during the pregame between mag and qwints and Magis was following qwints initial attempt??just speculating here)

SUCCESS, a bw follows T-rex and penguin join the vote quickly( I casted the final vote, i'm sure theres plenty posts on that discussion =p )

Day two starts... I state yeah ok i acted hastily(simple statement), magis takes that one sentence and runs 180 degrees in the other direction and once more casts the first vote. This time against myself. ( see a trend here? casting the first vote makes bw formation easy and keeps to many eyes on you as you don't actually put the nail in the coffin.) Qwints puts a HOS on me, so he won't look suspicious when he casts his vote against me.. but the truth is he's waiting eagerly for another vote on me..and why? so he can hop on the bw and damn me like they damned vamp

3. So here we are i
vote: qwints
and i'll keep my FOS on Magis

4. Lets see some movement (keep this game fun)
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:34 am

Post by qwints »

1. Agreeing on who is obviously town can be risky for a couple reasons. First, it gives the scum good targets to be killed. Second, it can lead to scum being falsely confirmed as town. Last, the scum will always be better at knowing who is town than the town is.

2. My first vote was a random vote for a random reason. Everyone on a BW is responsible for the outcome. You can always unvote. I think vamp seemed pretty scummy, but there's no doubt he was lynched very quickly.The BW is a good place to look for scum.

3. Can you say OMGUS? You're voting me for voting the person you did? Obviously you believed vamp was scum, right?

My basic experience is that a post or two per day per person is a good rate of activity.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:57 am

For everything that you have said and done in these two days of the game, I really have to
Vote: benmage
. You are very much sounding like a noob mafia IMO. From your quick actions at the start of day 2, your hammer vote of vamp, your misunderstanding of random voting (ex: my random vote and qwint's), and now the quick vote on qwints after he offered some evidence and a case against you. (I think I may be missing some info as well but this seems like a good enough list of reasons that I can think of w/out rereading)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Benmage »

to qwints..good first and second points..third point.. the games at an impasse, i reread all the posts several times this is best of practically no information i could come up with.. to make any conclusions in this game you generally have to take small information and do what you can with it. Here your consistent agreeing and voting scheme with Mag sent up a flare, and so i voted for you.

to penguin...lol...i'm sorry but its difficult to keep my composure reading that post.. and its fine, this game is really dragging compared to the fast pace style i'm use to so.. it seems success in this game is not posting(that really sucks)

continuing, qwints points against me? again..lol..he said i hammered, and put a HOS on me.. how is that new? i made the only stretch of a feasible case against him.

Back to qwints..1-2 posts a day is more than enough to keep a game moving, but the more the merrier.

what is it now? L-2..do work
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:54 am

Post by magisterrain »

qwints wrote:
3. Can you say OMGUS? You're voting me for voting the person you did? Obviously you believed vamp was scum, right?
what this tells me is that obviously he knew vamp WASNT scum

my vote stands
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 am

Benmage wrote: to penguin...lol...i'm sorry but its difficult to keep my composure reading that post.. and its fine, this game is really dragging compared to the fast pace style i'm use to so.. it seems success in this game is not posting(that really sucks)
It is unfortunate that not everyone is participating but hopefully that changes.

MOD: Could you prod T-Rex or do you know why he is gone?

I look forward to more info from Azhrei and qwints, know that mag and you will continue posting (unless you die), and hope Charrat continues his activity even more. The game is dragging but as long as we continue being active, there shouldn't be much problem and then we can see who is just lurking.

And do you want to be voted for, ben? What was that last comment for other than telling us how many more votes for you til you die?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Yaw »

Whoops, got out of poking people for the holidays. A prod has been sent out to T-Rex. Everyone else is fine as far as posting goes.
Success breeds suspicion
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Benmage »

magisterrain wrote:
qwints wrote:
what this tells me is that obviously he knew vamp WASNT scum

my vote stands

How does this tell you i "knew" vamp wasn't scum?

Is it just me or does Mag really jump to these ridiculous conclusions?
unvote Qwints vote: Magisterrain

yea penguin.. 2 votes remaining till I'm lynched is all i was saying.. sorta like next vote leaves an easy hammer move. kinda a pre-prewarning.. at least the game isn't stagnant for the time being..(If I am lynched I'll probably give this forum another try after, but so far the game isn't as entertaining as what i previously was use to)
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:59 am

Post by magisterrain »

WHAT is your case against me benmage?

that I'm 'jumping' to ridiculous conclusions?
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by magisterrain »

oops. didnt mean to submit yet.
how have i jumped to conclusions? if i was jumping to conclusions i would be voting other people and switching my vote impulsively from one person who is voting me to another who is voting me. sound familiar?
i have built a case against you. i'm not jumping to any conclusions. YOU are saying things that make little sense.

meanwhile, it does no good to tell us the game we are playing isnt quite good enough for you.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Benmage »

The game isn't bad, if thats what i sounded like that was not what i meant. Your all playing fine..props to Yaw for modding, i just expected things to occur a little differently, no biggie. I said I'm willing to give it another go for sure. (thats really neither here nor there, we're still playing this game ;).)

And the jump to radical conclusions:
1. You sprung on Vamp, for agreeing with a statement I made, voting for him/convincing enough to follow..didn't turn out well.

2. You jumped on the idea that I was somehow apologizing to you, and you somehow claimed to be a priest or did something weird, i'm still somewhat lost with that post, but anyways you jumped at me being scum.

3. Well kinda goes with two as you're really not providing any substantial information or building any case other than what everyone else as already agreed upon.. hammer dropping ect ect.. And some how you
jumped
to the conclusion that I obviously knew vamp wasnt scum off a statement of little substance by qwints.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by magisterrain »

Benmage wrote:The game isn't bad, if thats what i sounded like that was not what i meant. Your all playing fine..props to Yaw for modding, i just expected things to occur a little differently, no biggie. I said I'm willing to give it another go for sure. (thats really neither here nor there, we're still playing this game ;).)

And the jump to radical conclusions:
1. You sprung on Vamp, for agreeing with a statement I made, voting for him/convincing enough to follow..didn't turn out well.

2. You jumped on the idea that I was somehow apologizing to you, and you somehow claimed to be a priest or did something weird, i'm still somewhat lost with that post, but anyways you jumped at me being scum.

3. Well kinda goes with two as you're really not providing any substantial information or building any case other than what everyone else as already agreed upon.. hammer dropping ect ect.. And some how you
jumped
to the conclusion that I obviously knew vamp wasnt scum off a statement of little substance by qwints.
haha. the priest thing was just a joke. you said 'my fault' in a way that seemed to be equivalent to 'im sorry' so i tried to make a joke.

i didn't 'jump' i gave reasons

i was the FIRST to provide substantial information against you.
everyone else is agreeing with me because you havent provided a good rebuttal yet.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by Azhrei »

insanepenguin02 wrote:
2) Mafia:
Mag
- for reasons stated earlier; Slight possibility of
benmage
but for now, I still need to see more from him. I am still surprised at the weird, quick suspicion of me on day 1 that was a little scummy. And lastly I would say
Azhrei
due to just a couple comments that he has made in his last few posts:
Azhrei wrote:I'm, still here! Sorry, I just forget to check this game sometimes.
Azhrei wrote:
1. Nope, except maybe penguin, cos he seems to want to help.

3. T-Rex, if I had to, cos he's been the mst inactive.

4. Hell no, we needa at least try and get scum.
Seems to me that he is lurking a little. Making posts here and there just to seem active enough. Also, his answers above are VERY vague and follow the current trend to the t. Me being town is the outlook of just about everyone right now. Ben and mag have been the only ones looked at as being scum. T-Rex has barely even posted, making him an easy SCUM kill. And hardly any real reason to not vote no lynch. Could you explain a little more and provide some analysis please?
I'm sorry about being brief earlier, I was just leaving to go to a mate's place when I wrote that post, and didn't want to seem inactive. I'm back now, and I'll try to answer your questions. I'll also answer Charrat's again, with more depth ones.

1. Nobody has struck me as 100% town, but a few people
seem
to be wanting to help and get discussion moving, and providing reasonable arguments. Those would appear to be insanepenguin, who is doing a large amount of the posting at the moment, and has provided logical reasons for his actions (and I haven't seen anything scummy about what he is doing), and Charrat, who has encourage open discussion about our current thoughts on the game, and while not been the most active, still been valuable to the town.

2. For mafia, Benmage is providing a very convincing case - against himself. He is acting like he has no idea, as exhibited in his original post 'answering' Charrat's questions. 3/4 of his answers were "lost", and then when pressured, he answered easily. That doesn't make sense to me. He's throwing his vote around today (qwints and magis) and was eager to hammer on Day 1. Now, he's been trying to use the other people who voted for Vamp as reason to vote for them, but it really seems to me as if it's just a OMGUS vote propped up on some feeble logic. (qwints and magis here as well). Even with everyone else constantly pressuring him, he hasn't provided any decent explanation for his actions.

3. Would choose to lynch Benmage at the moment, for the above reasons.

4. No, because if we don't lynch, we have no chance to get mafia, and all we'll get tomorrow is another dead body, with no new information attached. Even if we lynch another townie today, we can still looked at who voted for them for potential mafia.

I hope that's enough, and I'll try to stay a bit more active.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Oh, almost forgot, for the reasons posted above, I'm going to
Vote: Benmage

If you're not newbscum, I'll be surprised.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:22 am

Post by qwints »

NOBODY HAMMER UNTIL BENMAGE CLAIMS. WE'RE ONE VOTE AWAY FROM A LYNCH.

I agree that BM looks fairly scummy, but it is way, way too early to have a second lynch. We need a lot more content from everyone.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Benmage »

qwints wrote:NOBODY HAMMER UNTIL BENMAGE CLAIMS. WE'RE ONE VOTE AWAY FROM A LYNCH.
is that suppose to be a joke?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:44 am

Post by qwints »

Nope, you need to claim now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”