mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by mykonian »

yes, mrfix, I would also like to know what you are :)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by ortolan »

nice bus
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by mrfixij »

The sheer amount of meta which I was drawing from my role vs vollkan's is perplexing, to say the least. Between his now flipped role, and mine, which is rather similar, town is highly protective and significantly overpowered in my personal opinion. Also, Vollkan's recent fakeclaiming of doc in mini 688 was another reason for me to vote for him.

But regardless, I am the town jailkeeper. I serve as a roleblocker and a doctor at the same time. I jailed mykonian last night. The only reason I can think that I am alive is that he tried to kill me, and we have another killing role that fired, be it vig or SK. I don't see any reason for a vig to kill a claimed mason, so I'm guessing we have an SK on the loose.
Also answer to 'e, it, scumbag, 'ey you!, and his royal towniness.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Post by ortolan »

and why did you delay claiming today (looks like you would have been perfectly happy for the game to go to night, had a few more votes gone through.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by mrfixij »

ortolan wrote:and why did you delay claiming today (looks like you would have been perfectly happy for the game to go to night, had a few more votes gone through.
Because now the odds are against me. I need to find the right jail to stay alive. Every night. Even then, if I'm right about a second killing party, I could still be dead. It was better to be on the radar, but an unknown threat, as that means more chance of the next kill being the confirmed mason. At this point, I'm guessing that I'm designed as a pseudoscanner, where it's my job to out mafia with a successful block. However, now that I'm revealed, if I'm not right, I'm dead.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Also, if I were to be alive longer, it means more chance of catching scum via a good jail. Right now I have a block/doc on mykonian, which tells us nothing were it not for me being alive. Say myk were to flip scum, and I jail spring the next night, and there's no kill or only 1 kill (which goes claimed publicly), then we've caught another scum.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Post by ortolan »

mrfixij Post 955 wrote:and there's no kill or only 1 kill (which goes claimed publicly)
you mean a vigilante kill?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by ortolan »

and you intend to jail spring tonight?

mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Post by mrfixij »

I haven't decided on my jail target tonight. That's why I decided to double back and let discussion run for today, I want to see what I can determined from D2.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 am

Post by ortolan »

hey, actually, I reckon I have a *really*, *really* good idea about what you could do tonight. How about you jail me, and protect me

That way the confirmed townie gets saved, and if they kill you instead then we know you're townie too. I'm really liking this plan, what do you think? :)

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:32 am

Post by TDC »

I'm more surprised that of the two masons op is dead, and not ortolan.

Anyway, Doc
and
Jailkeeper is hard to swallow.
ortolan wrote:I reckon I have a *really*, *really* good idea about what you could do tonight. How about you jail me, and protect me

That way the confirmed townie gets saved, and if they kill you instead then we know you're townie too. I'm really liking this plan, what do you think?
I like this plan, too.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 am

Post by ortolan »

the jailkeeper entails being a doc

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:40 am

Post by TDC »

What I meant was "This setup having both a Doc (vollkan) and a JK (mrfixij) is hard to swallow". I am aware what a JK does.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:44 am

Post by ortolan »

ah, sorry, and yes, it is ;)

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:31 am

Post by mykonian »

Thank you for the doc-protect mrfixij :)

I would love to hear if there was a vig that shot me :twisted:
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:40 am

Post by mykonian »

BTW, you can lynch me whenever you want, but what is the use of doing it today? All you get with it is an extra nightkill. While when you leave me in the game, you can lynch someone else, and with that you would make the amount of possible scum smaller. When lynching me, you only give scum a free kill on a confirmed player. Think about it, is it that usefull to lynch scum when you got him for sure? Does it matter if you lynch him right away? I think it does, you loose the opportunity of using the towns best weapon for
searching
, as you have already found me. The only thing that stands between you and a win, are my partners, you only need to find them, you could lynch me anytime...
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Ignore Myknonian and don't be goaded into anything. I'll have more time in awhile.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:34 am

Post by don_johnson »

SpyreX wrote: DJ - Yea, we know my stance on him. The fact that even now its "tsk, tsk, Volkan totally did it to himself, how was I to know?" bothers me. And apparently "missing" anything I said after the claim by Myk.
didn't say i "missed" anything, or "how was i to know?". i explained why i didn't believe him. i wasn't the only one on the wagon. i didn't believe you.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:41 am

Post by mykonian »

Ectomancer wrote:Ignore Myknonian and don't be goaded into anything. I'll have more time in awhile.
Can I have a last wish? Plz spell my name right with the votes :)

And really ecto, it seems you haven't thought it over. It is better then just auto-lynching me.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 am

Post by springlullaby »

mykonian wrote:BTW, you can lynch me whenever you want, but what is the use of doing it today? All you get with it is an extra nightkill. While when you leave me in the game, you can lynch someone else, and with that you would make the amount of possible scum smaller. When lynching me, you only give scum a free kill on a confirmed player. Think about it, is it that usefull to lynch scum when you got him for sure? Does it matter if you lynch him right away? I think it does, you loose the opportunity of using the towns best weapon for
searching
, as you have already found me. The only thing that stands between you and a win, are my partners, you only need to find them, you could lynch me anytime...
I was gonna say myk scum isn't so clear cut to me because counterclaiming doc as scum is just dumb but that solves it. Out of interest, what did you try to achieve by that counterclaim? It seems very short term reward to me.

Anyway, I stand by the Vollkan lynch, skimming over the last page I don't think the claim would have changed my mind much, especially with the counterclaim. Contrarily to Spyrex, I think it was a very plausible counterclaim.

Also, yes, Jailkeeper+doc+masons does look overpowered, even with more than two scums. Now I'd like to know why mrfixij felt the need to softclaim D1 if he is what he says he is. Note here that I don't like the SK talk at all, how does 2 potential kills per night works in a 10 people town?

Rereading.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:18 am

Post by mykonian »

You want to know what I would get from it?

Maybe I like to be lynched... I can't say that I have no chance to win anymore. What has town grown wiser after next day? Nothing! You lynched the person that talked way too much, that was a power role! You actually managed to lynch the person that was protown. Who is to lead the town now?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

Myk is the lynch today.

Considering that, as far as I know, jailers can jail themselves (IF I AM WRONG DONT YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING) I think the suggestion of jailing ort is a solid one - since it makes the most sense for them to try and kill one of you a 50% WIFOM works pretty well.

Not that I'm -sold- on you being town as of the moment, but I can see it making sense.

I've no intention of dealing with SL or DJ today. Like I said, I'd rather get these few details squared away and a scum dead. Then we can go back to hairpulling and general distaste.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:03 am

Post by mykonian »

ah, come on! You guy's don't think! It is just auto-pilot back to night...

and a jailer jail himself, nice paradox...

Have you thought about it what happens when there is a serial killer in this game? Would it help to weaken the mafia, or would you hope for cross-kills? Maybe that person even wants to shoot me and claim vig, wouldn't that be fun?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by don_johnson »

SpyreX wrote:

I've no intention of dealing with SL or DJ today. Like I said, I'd rather get these few details squared away and a scum dead. Then we can go back to hairpulling and general distaste.
so i guess SL is the hair pulling and i'm the general distaste? :roll:

i find the idea of a serial killer in a ten player game unsettling as well as far fetched. however, town is definitelyu overpowered in the protection department. i played in a game with a
hitman
. they were able to get around protection, not sure how common they are in these forums. that said, i don't agree with the afore mentioned strategy. fixijj should make up their own mind.

fix: why the softclaim? you mentioned you wanted to stay alive longer, but i don't recall you ever being in danger of being lynched.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I would be surprised if it was an SK - and I really hope a vig wasn't silly enough to shoot a mason considering what happened yesterday.

Either fix is lying (which I doubt because, well, with myk dead the other scum is in a bad position claiming a PR this early that is reallly hard to confirm) or the other scum performed the kill (much more likely, considering myk was a perfect target for any roles like jailkeeper, rb, etc).

So, lets either talk or hammer and keep moving.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”