Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Incognito »

Assmaster, just to clarify, I'm assuming you're talking about this portion of my post?:
Incognito wrote:At this time, I'm actually more suspicious of your reaction to the question (needless ad hominem remarks towards me and becoming slightly defensive) as opposed to the actual action itself.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Assmaster
Assmaster
Townie
Assmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Assmaster »

Incognito wrote:Assmaster, just to clarify, I'm assuming you're talking about this portion of my post?:
Incognito wrote:At this time, I'm actually more suspicious of your reaction to the question (needless ad hominem remarks towards me and becoming slightly defensive) as opposed to the actual action itself.
Primarily. I think Patricks point against Glork wasn't intended as anything other than just to get a reaction out of Glork, and I think you picked up a very weak point and used it against Glork in a way that feels to me a little arbitrary. The question I asked you more is aimed at the quoted bit though, yeah, that's right.
Assmaster
Assmaster
Townie
Assmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Assmaster »

To clarify, I think it's weak because it ignores a few points. The main thing it ignores is that I am a massively compulsive lurker who has flaked out of huge amounts of games, which means Glork had no reason to expect I would post, and no reason to suspect I would get any extra suspicion for lurking considering I do that in every single game regardless of alignment going back over a year. It also ignores the fact that when I'm actually playing, I am a player with three years mafia experience and at least couple of dozen completed games as scum, and there is no reason for Glork scum to try and protect me because if I was going to post, which your train of logic assumes, I would have been perfectly able to do myself.

There is no plausible reason for Glork to try and stop me from posting, or block me out of posting in the manner you suggested if we are both scum, and train of thought you expressed behind your original question is flawed.
Assmaster
Assmaster
Townie
Assmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Assmaster »

I don't want you to argue that unless you have something particulary profound to say on it though, I'm much more interested in your reasons behind the bit you quoted above.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Incognito »

Assmaster wrote:
Incognito wrote:Assmaster, just to clarify, I'm assuming you're talking about this portion of my post?:
Primarily. I think Patricks point against Glork wasn't intended as anything other than just to get a reaction out of Glork, and I think you picked up a very weak point and used it against Glork in a way that feels to me a little arbitrary. The question I asked you more is aimed at the quoted bit though, yeah, that's right.
In that case, I agree that both of those things I'm calling out Glork for are dependent on context but the thinking behind that post is just based off of my previous experience playing with Glork. Mind you, I've only played with him in
one
past game in which we were both town but in that game, I think I went after Glork much, much harder than I have here especially during Day 1 of that game, and I thought his reaction to my attack was more composed than his reaction has been here. He only really flipped out in that game when a Tarhalindur-scum was claiming a false-guilty on him during Day 2. I suppose he could just be frustrated in this particular instance because he had a legitimate excuse of being busy around the time he laid down the hammer, but I still think his reaction is at least notable. Again, I'm not voting Glork, nor am I pushing for his lynch but it is something I will keep in mind as I reread through Day 1.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Incognito »

Cross posted. I didn't realize you have a history of lurking. I'll keep that in mind when reading.
Assmaster
Assmaster
Townie
Assmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Assmaster »

Mind you, I've only played with him in one past game in which we were both town
Which is different from this game?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Incognito »

Eh?
Assmaster
Assmaster
Townie
Assmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Assmaster »

Incognito wrote:Eh?
Saying you were both town as an aside, like thats different from this game, something you'd only know if you were scum.

I think it's a turn of phrase not a scumtell, just a funny one.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Incognito »

Assmaster wrote:
Incognito wrote:Eh?
Saying you were both town as an aside, like thats different from this game, something you'd only know if you were scum.

I think it's a turn of phrase not a scumtell, just a funny one.
How else would you say that? Glork and I played in a completed game together in which we were both town. If he's town in this game also, then this will be another completed game in which we're both town. I don't see how that implies knowledge.
Assmaster
Assmaster
Townie
Assmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Assmaster »

Incognito wrote:
Assmaster wrote:
In that case, I agree that both of those things I'm calling out Glork for are dependent on context but the thinking behind that post is just based off of my previous experience playing with Glork. Mind you, I've only played with him in
one
past game in which we were both town but in that game, I think I went after Glork much, much harder than I have here especially during Day 1 of that game, and I thought his reaction to my attack was more composed than his reaction has been here. He only really flipped out in that game when a Tarhalindur-scum was claiming a false-guilty on him during Day 2. I suppose he could just be frustrated in this particular instance because he had a legitimate excuse of being busy around the time he laid down the hammer, but I still think his reaction is at least notable. Again, I'm not voting Glork, nor am I pushing for his lynch but it is something I will keep in mind as I reread through Day 1.
I'm assuming the entirety of this post is invalidated by your new knowledge then?

ps: it should be. Also I wouldn't use the phrase ad homeniem again, it's not a logical fallacy in syllogistical logic like mafia and it just makes it look like you're lying when you try and cite it.

It was the use of the 'but' to imply that the previous game was invalid for some reason but was still valid as a comparison because of the parallel points you stated after. I get that it was because of the one game but it read humorously to me.

Gimmie a suspicion list also, top 4, I don't want cases but rudimentary reasons would be nice.
Assmaster
Assmaster
Townie
Assmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Assmaster »

Actually ignore the top sentence for the minute, I'm going to have a look.
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

Sorry, limited access due to work related stuff. I'll catch up around Thursday (probably).
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:49 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

dahill1: 2 (charter, Tuberkulos)
Assmaster: 1 (Coriolanus)
Coriolanus: 1 (Rally Vincent)
Glork: 1 (Erratus Apathos)

Not Voting: 5 (Yosarian2, dahill1, Incognito, Glork, Assmaster)
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Coriolanus »

yos: why are you suspicious for glork's play?
Unvote
Vote Erratus

mostly placeholder. mostly.
But for your son -believe it- O believe it-
Most dangerously you have with him prevailed
If not most mortal to him...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Coriolanus wrote:yos: why are you suspicious for glork's play?
I guess the biggest thing I found odd was his whole attack on you yesterday. That never really made much sense to me; he had several posts attacking you, some of them quite long, but the only point he actually made against you that made any sense at all to me was the "if he's scum we'll take care of him tommorow" comment, and that hardly seems enough.

Glork is a good enough player that his scum-play dosn't diverge much from his town-play; so even though about 70% of his play yesterday is what I would expect from him as town, including the Xtoxm hammer, the other 30% makes me nervous; more so then if it was someone else.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Glork »

Pffft. Being "extra nervous" because I am renowned is bullshit and you know it, Yos.

Also, Yos, you really need to go back and read my posts again, if that's ALL you got out of my attacks. I'm going to assume this is an honest mistake, because I don't believe that you as scum, would so blatantly lie about that, but seriously. Terrible play.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork wrote:Pffft. Being "extra nervous" because I am renowned is bullshit and you know it, Yos.
I'm not "extra nervous" because you're renowned, and that's not what I said. I'm just much more on the lookout for possible small differences between your scum playstyle and your town playstyle, because I know full well that small differences are all I'm likely to find if you are scum; everyone is readable to some degree, but with good players the differences between their "town playstyle" and "scum playstyle" is far more subtle, and is much more in the details and the exact direction of their arguments then in more general style issues or more obvious scumtells. And I've always gotten the impression you look over everything I post with the same fine-toothed comb, for the same reasons.

Also, Yos, you really need to go back and read my posts again, if that's ALL you got out of my attacks. I'm going to assume this is an honest mistake, because I don't believe that you as scum, would so blatantly lie about that, but seriously. Terrible play.
From what I saw, it looked like most of your other points were either just rhetoric or line-by-line disagreements that didn't really amount to anything. There's nothing fundimentally wrong with anything you said, but it just dosn't seem to add up to a case.

(shrug) It's that part of yesterday, the part where you were attacking Corn, where I get some bad vibes from you. I can't really explain it much better then I have, which is why I haven't made a big deal about it yet, but IGMEOY.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by charter »

I'm on vacation, I will read up and post on saturday when I get back.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:19 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

This thread kind of lost me due to the vacation and server problem thingy, so I'll have to do a little re-read.
Coriolanus wrote:nothing. i thought i saw something, but i decided i didn't.
What did you think that you saw? (Is that sentence correct? It sounds so wrong when I read it out loud to myself.)
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Checking in pre-prod. I'll have a post in tomorrow while I'm at work.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Glork wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Glork wrote:(For the record, yes, I still firmly believe that dahill is protown.)
When did you firmly believe he was protown prior to this?

Vote: Glork
If I gave off any other impression, please point that out.
Glork wrote:EBWOP: I'm still not really sure why there's a wagon on dahill -- it seems like the four votes currently on him are for things that I haven't thought to be a particularly big deal, though maybe I've just been tunnel-visioned on the two likely scumbaggoes. I'll check out dahill soon (as in, over N1 probably) and get back to you with a verdict.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Um...you do realize those two statements kind of agree with each other, EA?
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Yos2 wrote:Um...you do realize those two statements kind of agree with each other, EA?
Well, they (the statements that is) do definitely not contradict to eachother but why would someone feel the need to investigate someone that they
firmly
believe is protown?

With that said, I personally read Glork's post (#301) as; "I believe he is protown but one can never know for sure".

With that also said, if he
firmly
believed dahill1 to be protown, he would probably have a good read on him already. Therefore no reason for further "investigations".
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

I am very sorry, but work commitments will keep me from playing this game with the commitment I should give this game. I PM'ed OMGL to seek a replacement for me. If he doesn't find one, I'll continue to play, but to be honest, I won't have enough time to do more then a quick-read every now and then.

Please forgive me, this workload was unexpected.
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”