Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Artem wrote:
charter wrote:Fos Artem. I think you could actually be scum. Bringing a RVS wagon to three votes is scummy? That's some imagination. I'd vote for you but Panzer has already been caught.
Xdaamno wrote: If you're going to claim a correlation between putting players at L-4 in the random voting stage and chance of being scum, I'll need to hear some justification.
I'm not the one voting for Xdaamno. What makes you think I'm calling 3 votes/L-4 scummy?
My mistake. I always assume there's something fishy about cats.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote count

BSG (3) - Lynx the Antithesis, Alvinz95, Xdaamno
Xaddmno (2) - Panzerjager, Artifex
Artifex (2) - Artem, Lowell
Artem (1) - Danchaofan
Alvinz95 (1) - BSG
Panzerjager (1) - Charter
Aoshi (1) - Lunar_Tick

Not voting (1) - Aoshi

With 12 alive its 7 to lynch
Last edited by LlamaFluff on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Artifex
Artifex
Townie
Artifex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Artifex »

Maybe that last question was meant to be for me? Well- if so- I dont actually think its scummy to make any kind of random vote. I just look for things that can get a response out of people the random voting stage, so that I can get a better idea of how they post.

Did I think it was likely that Xdaamno was really starting a bandwagon? Yeah, not so much. But if he had flown off the handle with some hysterical accusations and defensiveness, then I would be looking at him more closely for real. I thought responded pretty well, actually, because I thought that 'easy target' complaint was a joke.
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

artem didn't call bringing 3 votes at rvs scummy, that was artifex >.<
such confusing names

I think they are all poking "easy targets". I think arti would have significantly higher chance of being scum because xdam is significantly "easier" than arti is, but I think its somewhat mitigated by 27...
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by PJ. »

Wow, Charter caught me, lol.

Anyway..putting someone at 3 is not scummy. Putting someone at 5 would be a little scummy. On that note,
Unvote, Vote:BSG
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by charter »

Artifex wrote:Hi!

vote Xdaamno
for already piling on BSG. :D Plus, I like penguins.
Why pick Xdaamno over alvinz who also voted BSG after lynx?
Now that I've got my obligatory pointless scumhunting questioning out of the way...
Lunar_Tick wrote:
charter wrote:Fos Artem. I think you could actually be scum. Bringing a RVS wagon to three votes is scummy? That's some imagination. I'd vote for you but Panzer has already been caught.
Are you actually defeating your own argument with a counterclaim of "but it's under Panzer's name"? Surely one oughtn't use ones fos so lightly, neh?
Xdaamo has it right.
Artem wrote:
Xdaamno wrote: If you're going to claim a correlation between putting players at L-4 in the random voting stage and chance of being scum, I'll need to hear some justification.
I'm not the one voting for Xdaamno. What makes you think I'm calling 3 votes/L-4 scummy?
You said that putting someone at three votes makes them an easy target. You then voted for the person (Artifax) that put someone at three votes. You were implying there was something scummy about what Artifax did (by accusing her of voting for an easy target, something scum would do but not town) and then voted her using that justification. I'd have passed it off as nothing, but you clarified, implying that your vote was not a joke. Putting someone at three votes is not scummy. Doing what you did was.
Xdaamno wrote:My mistake. I always assume there's something fishy about cats.
No... You had it right.
Danchaofan wrote:artem didn't call bringing 3 votes at rvs scummy, that was artifex >.<
such confusing names

I think they are all poking "easy targets". I think arti would have significantly higher chance of being scum because xdam is significantly "easier" than arti is, but I think its somewhat mitigated by 27...
You can tell who has a significantly higher chance of being scum by RVS pitiful wagons? Unlikely.
Panzerjager wrote:Wow, Charter caught me, lol.

Anyway..putting someone at 3 is not scummy. Putting someone at 5 would be a little scummy. On that note,
Unvote, Vote:BSG
I see what you're up do. I disagree about putting someone at L-2 being scummy. I also note how you wait to put BSG at L-3 and then say that putting someone at L-2 being scummy.
unvote, vote BSG
Artifex
Artifex
Townie
Artifex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by Artifex »

Wait, wait- that's all mixed up.

Artem is not voting for me because I voted for BSG- Artem is voting for me because I voted for Xdaamno who voted for BSG. Yikes, maybe everyone should call me Jane or something. 8-)
Why pick Xdaamno over alvinz who also voted BSG after lynx?
Now that I've got my obligatory pointless scumhunting questioning out of the way...
??Why would I pick alvin? He couldnt have known another person would vote for BSG when he did...
I see what you're up do. I disagree about putting someone at L-2 being scummy. I also note how you wait to put BSG at L-3 and then say that putting someone at L-2 being scummy.
I agree that's a pretty obvious ploy when Panzerjager flat out spelled it out like that, but did you actually have to go and do it? Let me put it to you another way: what do you hope to gain by your vote?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by charter »

Artifex wrote:Let me put it to you another way: what do you hope to gain by your vote?
Time will tell.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Post by Artem »

charter wrote: You said that putting someone at three votes makes them an easy target. You then voted for the person (Artifax) that put someone at three votes. You were implying there was something scummy about what Artifax did (by accusing her of voting for an easy target, something scum would do but not town) and then voted her using that justification. I'd have passed it off as nothing, but you clarified, implying that your vote was not a joke. Putting someone at three votes is not scummy. Doing what you did was.
Again, I don't think that putting somebody at three votes is scummy, but it does make an easy target (as much as it can be within the first few posts) for scum to pounce on.

My vote was semi-serious in the sense that it had some reason behind it above just a simple joke. Me clarifying the vote reason does not make it any more serious. Clarification followed from all the confusion (where everybody thought that I found 3-vote bandwagon to be scummy).

All that said, I don't actually find Artifex scummy.
Unvote

Artifex wrote: I agree that's a pretty obvious ploy when Panzerjager flat out spelled it out like that, but did you actually have to go and do it? Let me put it to you another way: what do you hope to gain by your vote?
Somebody (Panzer to be precise) thinks that L-2 is a little scummy, so what does charter do? Disagrees and puts BSG at L-2. Does that make him (charter) scummy? Only if you don't like the wine in front of you.

Why would town want to balance on the fine edge of WIFOM?
FoS: charter
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:38 am

Post by Danchaofan »

I can't have an opinion as to which action a scum is more likely to take?

BTW, the cats are fishy because they like fish... duh

arte, why fos, why not vote?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:09 am

Post by BSG »

Unvote Vote Artem

From the looks of it, your RVS vote was the only with a serious side attached to it. The only other player who could have a serious reason attached to it, would have been Xdaamno, but I'm not sure about that yet. So I don't see why you would unvote and not vote another player.
You also accused Artifex for going after an easy target as she voted Xdaamno, who had put me at L-4. However, you FoSed the player who put me at L-2. Aren't you doing the same as of which you accused Artifex?
And I don't see the WIFOM. I can see two reasons why Charter put me at L-2. But I'll let Charter respond to this first.
Just like Dfan, I'm wondering why you didn't vote.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Xdaamno »

charter wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:My mistake. I always assume there's something fishy about cats.
No... You had it right.
On a re-read, it was clear Artem was joking. These are the two posts in question:
Artem wrote:Hey all.

Vote: Artifex
for copying the first three letters of my name and for pouncing on an easy target.
Artem wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Artem wrote:Hey all.

Vote: Artifex
for copying the first three letters of my name and for pouncing on an easy target.
An
easy target
?
A player who puts somebody at three votes when everybody else has at most one is an easy target.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Doesn't having a real reason behind your vote make it serious though? I don't take much from that vote though. It comes off rather random and jokey by how he opened it up.

I'm not a huge fan of the Artem L-2 vote from charter, but I do find it interesting that Artem didn't vote. There's no reason not to vote. I think Artem is being careful not to draw the same attention he received from his first vote.
Vote:Artem
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Artifex
Artifex
Townie
Artifex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Artifex »

BSG wrote: And I don't see the WIFOM.
Isnt the WIFOM in question that Panzer said it was scummy to put someone at L-2, then Charter immediately did it as a response to what Panzer said...no scum would open themselves up to scrutiny like that. Or would they, knowing we'd all think that? Or *switching wine, switching wine*
I can see two reasons why Charter put me at L-2. But I'll let Charter respond to this first.
Okay, I'll wait a bit as well for an answer cause I honestly dont see it. I dont think putting someone at L-2 is scummy. But I do find doing it basically as a 'so there' to be reckless and weird. But both you and charter have implied theres something else going on, so Ill hold off on my opinion of this for a bit.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Artem »

BSG wrote:
Unvote Vote Artem

From the looks of it, your RVS vote was the only with a serious side attached to it. The only other player who could have a serious reason attached to it, would have been Xdaamno, but I'm not sure about that yet. So I don't see why you would unvote and not vote another player.
You also accused Artifex for going after an easy target as she voted Xdaamno, who had put me at L-4. However, you FoSed the player who put me at L-2. Aren't you doing the same as of which you accused Artifex?
And I don't see the WIFOM. I can see two reasons why Charter put me at L-2. But I'll let Charter respond to this first.
Just like Dfan, I'm wondering why you didn't vote.
You answered the bolded part yourself.

Because if I voted, I would be doing exactly what I voted Artifex for, making me a hypocrite.

charter deserves a FoS, because of the WIFOM. There is, however, a reason for a townie to do what he did. So, yes, let's have charter respond to it first.
dan wrote: arte, why fos, why not vote?
See above
lynx wrote: I'm not a huge fan of the Artem L-2 vote from charter, but I do find it interesting that Artem didn't vote. There's no reason not to vote. I think Artem is being careful not to draw the same attention he received from his first vote.
Vote:Artem
See above. (Also, if there is no reason not vote, then why aren't you voting charter yourself?)
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Artem »

Artifex wrote:
BSG wrote: And I don't see the WIFOM.
Isnt the WIFOM in question that Panzer said it was scummy to put someone at L-2, then Charter immediately did it as a response to what Panzer said...no scum would open themselves up to scrutiny like that. Or would they, knowing we'd all think that? Or *switching wine, switching wine*
That is correct.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Aoshi has requested replacement. I am looking for one now.

And just like that Master Ruck replaces Aoshi. Everyone give him a warm round of applause.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Master Ruck »

Woo! Thank you, thank you!

*crickets chirp*

...bloody crickets.

Anyway, hi. I'm kinda a newbie here but I know how the basic game works along with some roles thanks to the wiki so I'll probably make some dumb mistakes but hopefully not.

Now, to read the stuff beforehand and see if anything comes up.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by Master Ruck »

Ok, it seems I've come in just after the random voting has ended so now I have to make a reasoned decision and vote on the words or mistakes that have been said. Downside, it's still D1 and there's not really a lot to go on. It also happens to be half 3 in the morning right now so I figure the best thing to do is to go to bed and check this in the morning for anything new.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

Maybe I have a slightly more fundamental issue. What's wrong with going after easy targets? i.e. if someone outright states they are mafia, are they an easy target? Should you vote for them? (assuming nothing crazy like suicide roles.)
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Post by BSG »

Artem wrote:Because if I voted, I would be doing exactly what I voted Artifex for, making me a hypocrite.
Am I the only one who doesn't like this? When I read this, it gives me the impression that he wanted to vote Charter, but didn't do so as it would make him a hypocrite. Isn't he admitting here that he finds Charter scummy, while saying that what Charter did isn't scummy just a few posts ago?
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by Artem »

BSG wrote:
Artem wrote:Because if I voted, I would be doing exactly what I voted Artifex for, making me a hypocrite.
Am I the only one who doesn't like this? When I read this, it gives me the impression that he wanted to vote Charter, but didn't do so as it would make him a hypocrite. Isn't he admitting here that he finds Charter scummy, while saying that what Charter did isn't scummy just a few posts ago?
So, basically, I'm still a hypocrite?

There's just no pleasing you BSG. :P
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by BSG »

Blame the penguin ;)
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Artem »

What I
do
find interesting is that you're so concerned with whether I voted or FoSed somebody, while completely disregarding my given reasons. You said that you don't see the WIFOM. It was pointed out to you. Yet you seem adamant about your opinion of charter putting you at L-2.

I can FoS charter. I can also vote for him. It doesn't make much difference right now as there is no bandwagon on him. I'm not pouncing on an easy target. I'm giving him a slap on the wrist, because townies (assuming he is one) shouldn't play with WIFOM as it distracts and confuses the town.

The fact that you're pouncing on me, while disregarding my arguments against charter tells me that you're really not so worried about the bandwagon on yourself. Why would that be? (One scenario may be that charter (or somebody else on your wagon for that matter) is/are (one of) your buddy(-ies), so you know that they may unvote you at any point to prevent a lynch of you.)
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Master Ruck »

Artem wrote:I can FoS charter. I can also vote for him. It doesn't make much difference right now as there is no bandwagon on him. I'm not pouncing on an easy target. I'm giving him a slap on the wrist, because townies (assuming he is one) shouldn't play with WIFOM as it distracts and confuses the town.
But, isn't the point of a FoS that you only use it when you already have a vote down? As far as I knew, it served only to show that you think that person is scummy but not as scummy as the person you're voting for. If you have no vote on someone, but you find someone suspicious, vote for them!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”