Mini 690 - Grimmmafia (Game over, the flavor returns...)

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:53 am

Post by dahill1 »

woo!
what would've been my bonus?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Setup:

Pro-town: win when all anti-town players are dead. When they succeed in a mission, they get a bonus, which is not known to them before they succeed in their mission.
-Hansel: has to make sure Gretel knows who he is, without letting the scum know who he is. Mission: let Gretel find him. Mission bonus: Hansel and Gretel can talk to each other for the rest of the game.
-Gretel: Can target 1 player every night with unknown action (asks if that player is Hansel). The targeted player will get to know someone asked him if he’s Hansel, but not who. Mission: target Hansel. Mission bonus: when Gretel targets Hansel they can talk to each other for the rest of the game.
-Little Redcap: Can target 1 player every night with unknown action (she gives apples to that player). The targeted player will get to know that he got an apple from someone, and he will eat it. Not known to player: when Little Redcap targets Snow-white, Snow-white gets killed. Mission: target Grandmother. Not known to player: since Grandmother is not in the game, her actual mission is to target no one. Mission bonus: becomes a doctor
-Cinderella: no actions. Mission: put the hammer vote on a scum. Misson bonus: becomes a tracker.
-Snow-white: no actions. Mission: stay alive together with the Prince until Day 3. Mission bonus: as long as the Prince is alive, Snow-white can’t be nightkilled.
-Prince: Can target 1 player every night with unknown action (he tries a slipper on their foot). Mission: try the slipper on Cinderella. Mission bonus: gains a night action: every night he can target someone, and gets to know whether that person is a girl or not, and whether that person is female or not.
-Rumplestiltskin: no actions, not allowed to say his own name. Mission: let any player make a post with only the name of Rumplestiltskin in it. If anyone makes a post with nothing else than a different name in it, Rumplestiltskin can’t complete his mission anymore. Mission bonus: becomes a vigilante.
-Narrator: has to pm the mod every lynch and night scene, to provide flavor. Narrator has a 1-shot NK immunity, but if he dies no alignments and roles are revealed anymore. His own role will be revealed upon death, but not his alignment. Mission: entertain the players with your flavor. If three or more players say something positive about the flavor, his mission is successful. Mission bonus: permanent NK immunity.

Anti-town: win when they outnumber the pro-town players. As a group they have one kill, which one of them can perform.
-Wolf: Safeclaim: Mother Goat (no actions, with the mission to let the town lynch the wolf). Mission: devour Little Redcap. Mission bonus: 1-shot NK immunity.
-Witch: Safeclaim: Rapunzel (no actions, with mission to be targeted by the Prince). Mission: eat Hansel or Gretel. Mission bonus: 1-shot player post edit (she can choose one post of herself or an other player and tell the mod to edit it into anything of her choice). Can’t edit something that is against the rules.
-Stepmother: Safeclaim: Grandmother (no actions, forgot her mission). Mission: Don’t let Cinderella complete her mission. If Cinderella dies before she completed her mission, Stephmother gains her mission bonus. Mission bonus: 1-shot rolecop ability.

Role pms:

You are
Hansel
(town), you know, from the story
Hansel and Gretel
(you’re the former). You seem to have lost your little sister (whose name is Gretel) in the forest, before arriving in this strange place. You know there are some people out there, bad people, who want to find you and Gretel for some reason. But you’ve got to find Gretel first, or better, let Gretel find you. You know she’s looking for you (does the word “breadcrumb” ring a bell?).
Mission: Let Gretel find you. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.
Win condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are
Gretel
(town), you know, from the story
Hansel and Gretel
(you’re the latter). You seem to have lost your brother (whose name is Hansel) in the forest, before arriving in this strange place. You know there are some people out there, bad people, who want to find you and Hansel for some reason. But you’ve got to find Hansel first. You know he’ll try to let you find him (does the word “breadcrumb” ring a bell?). Every night, you can pm me the name of a player, whom you will ask if he or she is Hansel. I will tell you the answer.
Mission: Find Hansel by targeting him. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.

You are
Little Redcap
(town), you know, the happy girl dressed with a red cap. You were just on your way to grandmother’s house, to give her some apples, because your grandmother is sick and could use some good fruit and company, but then you arrived at this strange place. Every night, you can pm me the name of a player, whom you will give some apples.
Mission: Give some apples to grandmother. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.

You are
Cinderella
(town), you know, the maiden who is good for nothing else than cleaning the house, at least that’s what your stepmother and your sisters think. You were just cleaning the house again, before you arrived at this strange place. Better hope your dear stepmother isn’t here to see you not cleaning the house anymore.
Mission: Put the hammer vote (that is the last vote that causes a lynch) on a scum. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.

You are
Snow-white
(town), you know, the lovely girl with a skin as white as snow. You were just having a nice conversation with the seven Dwarves, when you arrived at this strange place. Better hope your dear stepmother isn’t here. You have heard that there is a prince among these people. If only you could meet him...
Mission: Stay alive together with the Prince until Day 3. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.

You are
The Prince
(town), you know, the son of a king, who appears in most stories in which there’s also a beautiful girl. You found this golden slipper at some party you don’t remember all details of, but then you arrived at this strange place. Better find who this slipper belongs to, because it’s probably not yours. Every night, you can pm me the name of a player whom you will try this slipper on to see if it fits.
Mission: Try the slipper on its rightful owner. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.

You are
Rumplestiltskin
(town), you know, that odd fellow whose name is known by no one, partly because it’s rather unpronounceable. But you decided that you don’t like the fact that no one knows your name, and you want to make it some kind of riddle: let the other people guess your name. Of course, you are not allowed to say your own name; that would make it too easy (note: this is a mod-killable offense).
Mission: Let any player make a post with only your name in it, no other words. If anyone makes a post with only one word in it and that word isn’t your name, you can’t complete your mission anymore. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.

You are
the Narrator
(town). Hey, every story needs a narrator, right? Surprise: you will be telling the story, not me. Every lynch and night scene, you have to pm me the flavor which I will use in the posts that tell the players when night or day starts. Every time I will tell you what has to be included in the flavor. One important thing though: if you are dead, there will be no flavor at all, and the players will also not know who died or is lynched after your death (if you die, your own role will be revealed, but your alignment will not be revealed). You have a 1-shot nightkill immunity to help you prevent this.
Mission: Entertain the players. If three or more players (including you) say something positive about one flavor post, you have completed your mission. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.

You are
the Wolf
(mafia), you know, the foul beast that eats pigs and goats and even little girls. Like always, you are hungry, and some of the people around here look eatable to you. You are part of the mafia, together with the Witch (player B) and the Stepmother (player C), and you are allowed to talk to these people during the night. As a group, you have one nightkill which any of you can perform. Any of you can send me a pm in which you say who you will try to kill, and which one of you will perform the kill. I will always use the latest pm sent by one of you. You have one safeclaim, which is only safe in the sense that the character does not appear in the game.
Safeclaim: Mother Goat, a role with no actions whose mission is to let the town lynch the Wolf.
Mission: devour Little Redcap (this means you have to perform the kill in order to complete your mission). If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.
Win condition: You win when there are no players alive that are not in your group, or if nothing can prevent this from happening.

You are
the Witch
(mafia), you know, the old lady who is up to no good, especially considering some children in particular. You fancy a good soup, but you still miss one ingredient... You are part of the mafia, together with the Wolf (player A) and the Stepmother (player C), and you are allowed to talk to these people during the night. As a group, you have one nightkill which any of you can perform. Any of you can send me a pm in which you say who you will try to kill, and which one of you will perform the kill. I will always use the latest pm sent by one of you. You have one safeclaim, which is only safe in the sense that the character does not appear in the game.
Safeclaim: Rapunzel, a role with no actions whose mission is to be targeted by the Prince.
Mission: eat Hansel or Gretel (this means you have to perform the kill in order to complete your mission). If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.
Win condition: You win when there are no players alive that are not in your group, or if nothing can prevent this from happening.

You are
the Stepmother
(mafia), you know, not quite a mother of anyone in particular; in fact, in most stories you are more like the opposite of a mother. You are part of the mafia, together with the Wolf (player A) and the Witch (player B), and you are allowed to talk to these people during the night. As a group, you have one nightkill which any of you can perform. Any of you can send me a pm in which you say who you will try to kill, and which one of you will perform the kill. I will always use the latest pm sent by one of you. You have one safeclaim, which is only safe in the sense that the character does not appear in the game.
Safeclaim: Grandmother, a role with no actions and who forgot her mission.
Mission: As the stepmother of Cinderella, you don’t want her to complete her mission. At any point in the game, if Cinderella is not able to complete her mission anymore, you have completed your mission. If you complete your mission, you’ll get a bonus.

If any player completes his mission, send him a pm with his mission bonus in it.

When a player is targeted by a certain action, they receive the following when night is over:
-Gretel’s night action: Someone asked you if you are Hansel tonight. Half asleep, you said you’re not Hansel, but you didn’t mention your name.
Note: if Hansel is targeted by this action, the mission is completed.
-Little Redcap’s night action: Someone gave you some apples tonight. Half asleep but hungry, you ate them. You feel satisfied now.
Note: if Snow-white is targeted by this action, she does not receive any pm, but just dies. In the thread it will be revealed that she died by eating an apple.
If no one is targeted by this action, the mission is completed.
-Prince’s night action: Someone tried a slipper on you tonight, but it did not fit. Your foot hurts now.
Note: if Cinderella is targeted by this action, she receives: Someone tried a slipper on you tonight. It fitted like a glove, so it was probably yours. You are now wearing one slipper, it’s hard for you to walk.

Roles:

Porkens: Hansel
Plum: Gretel
bionicchop2 Biohazard: Little Redcap
dahill1: Cinderella
sirdanilot mikanoff: Snow-white
fleurdelys: Prince
SpyreX: Rumplestiltskin
Gorrad: Narrator
CoheedCambria09: Wolf
chazworthington wolframnhart: Witch
MafiaSSK kloud1516: Stepmother

Actions:

D1: SpyreX completed his mission. Gorrad is lynched

N1:
Plum targets Porkens
Spyrex kills sirdanilot
fleurdelys targets Spyrex
Biohazard gives apples to Plum
wolframnhart kills Porkens

Plum, Porkens and wolframnhart have completed their missions.

D2: chazworthington uses his power on post 794 which changes his vote to dahill1, chazworthington is lynched

N2:
fleurdelys targets dahill1
Spyrex kills MafiaSSK
bionicchop2 targets sirdanilot
CoheedCambria09 kills bionicchop2

fleurdelys and CoheedCambria09 have completed their missions.

D3: CoheedCambria09 is lynched

Town wins!
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 am

Post by dahill1 »

wait so Spyre didn't have to post in rhyme??

also:
dahill1 wrote:if i had to pick scum right now i'd probably say coheedcambria, kloud, wolframnhart. (this is assuming there are 3 scum)
and you guys disregarded my process of elimination ;)
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 am

Post by dahill1 »

wait so Spyre didn't have to post in rhyme??

also:
dahill1 wrote:if i had to pick scum right now i'd probably say coheedcambria, kloud, wolframnhart. (this is assuming there are 3 scum)
and you guys disregarded my process of elimination ;)
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

<Claps>

Amazing, Spyrex. I thought I was a patient guy, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to keep on pretending I have a post restriction like you did. It was funny as hell to know you didn't have a PR at all. Question is, did it help?

And congratulations to the town as well. After the Narrator was lynched Day 1, I thought: "Ok, now this will be a quick and boring scum win with no flavor". But you managed to pull it off, without using much more than 1 mission bonus.

Big questions of Grimmmafia: "Why wasn't Fleur lynched?". "Why did everybody take the risk of not believing Gorrad's roleclaim?" "Why didn't everybody try harder to complete his mission?" "Why did town win anyway?"
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:39 am

Post by dahill1 »

that really sealed the deal for me in believing Spyre was town
excellently pulled-off gambit
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yea, I bet there's gonna be a few questions around this game. ;)

As for my PR? Well, I wish I could give you a better answer than - for fun. However, that is what it was. ;) I have to assume it helped because...they didn't kill me (I assume they didn't think I was scumhunting?).

@Dahill: I sure didn't disregard it. It helped me push you to pro-town in my mind.

For the mod questions:

1.) Why wasn't Fleur lynched?
A.) Personally, its because she did the most WIFOM thing she could have possibly done - she gave me the shoe N1. It was hard to wrap my head around, but it -fit- so well with the rest of the bizarre play that I HAD to believe her. Trust me, I'd have been a gibbering idiot right now if fleur was scum and they won because of that move (I was shooting Dahill that night).

So yes, sometimes the "too stupid to be scum" argument does work (no offense Fleur).

2.) Why did everybody take the risk of not believing Gorrad's roleclaim?
A.) I elucidated on it some, but:
--- Gorrad WAS playing weird, especially towards lynch time.
--- The depth of his role changed from "flavor" to "flavor and flip" - being only concerned with the flip, that being added in really made me shake my head.
--- I didn't believe him. :(
--- Even IF he was telling the truth about his role BUT was scum - I do not think the town could have won. Being able to modify the flip would be the best scum power ever (if used properly).

3.) Why didn't everybody try harder to complete his mission?
A.) This I'd like to know to. Hell, my coming out as vig from mine should have been a hint that 1.) We had minimal power roles without it and 2.) The rewards WERE worth it.

4.) Why did town win anyway?
A.) Well, the answer to this lies in some serious questions for the scum:
1.)
Why
did you let me live? I mean, seriously.
2.) Why did you kill Porkens (who was going to end up on the block D2, almost guaranteed).
3.) Why did you NOT kill Plum after it was appallingly obvious she was town AND a mason?

Those three lend to it: Process of elimination. If I didn't shoot SSK N2 I was going to shoot CC, so. Fluer was so off the wall it didn't make sense for scum, Plum was town, dahill wasn't sending up huge warning flares - they made the target list nice and small.

Fun game, all in all. ;)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

wow. Well played town.

I like how I managed to target snow white after she was already dead anyway :P

I did try to complete my mission which is why I targeted sirdan. None of the living players claimed grandmother. Originally I thought Porkens was grandmother because he asked about the big bad wolf.

Oddly I let the wolf live in favor of lynching chaz.
The above written statement is pro-town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Can I see scumchat?
Show

Proud member of BaM
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh thats beautiful. I lived because my rhymes made the scum paranoid! PERFECTION
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

Being able to talk with Plum after death was one of the coolest mechanics I've seen; even though/especially because it was accidental!
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:17 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Good game town.

I was pretty sure fleur was town when I replaced in d1 because she claimed prince, and I suspected that even if she wasn't town we would be lovers or something so it was my job to keep her alive. Hence my case on porkens, I'm glad that this worked well enough so that I didn't need to claim snow white.

Also spyrex that was probably the most amazing PR fake ever, well done!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, see, if you had said that versus what you did - just maybe I wouldn't have shot you in the head that night. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:39 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

*reminds self to nominate Spyrex for a scummy*
The above written statement is pro-town.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Porkens »

Don't inflate his ego any more, he'll fall over ;)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

HEY now, my PR kept my ego in check pretty decently. I tend to do alright when I don't get the "You're an idiot" or "Learn to read" etc.

(Of course I just re-read all of Tranquility - wow)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Plum »

YES! Finally a win! It seems that I haven't yet won with alignments and roles flipping on death :shock:. 1/2 as Town. I'm making a comeback!

I had a feeling the PR was faked ... AWESOME SpyreX. It's hysterical that you managed to make the scum belive you were a bomb of some sort.

I think that perhaps the Mafia was too hung up on completing their missions vs. making the optimal kill. They could've tried to get Porkens hung (although I'd have made that a bit difficult :D) Day 2 if they hadn't been so hung up on compleing a mission, or at the very least NK'd me (though Bio also looked fairly Townie, meh).

Also, Mod, the (AWESOME) Porkens masonry was a really fun mechanic (note to self:...).
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Well, I tried my best, woulda helped if my two partners didnt bail, oh well, good game.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish