Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 am

Post by magisterrain »

EBWOP: wow, i really messed up that quote box

these are my words in the above post (not t-rex's)
if someone isn't helping the town, who are the helping? and do we want to keep them around if they aren't helping the town?

well, if a scum were voting for people first every time, it would later turn out to be true that his actions were scummy regardless of whether those he was voting for are scummy

if a townie were voting for people first every time, it obviously couldn't be scummy for him/her to be doing so since he/she is not scum

all im really saying here is you can't tell whether someone is scummy or simply erring in judgment when they cast a first vote on someone until the end of the game. but thats kind of the fun of mafia...trying to figure out whether someone is acting because of certain motives and whether they are doing it well or not

anyway, t-rex, any ideas on who is scum?
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:08 am

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Glad to see some more people!
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:11 am

Charrat wrote: When I read that yesterday, it thought that it was a little concerning. First, because your reasoning why the mafia would lynch you was strange, and second because it seemed that you might have been drawing the attention of the possible doctor towards yourself, which could be interpreted as a mafia tactic to stop the doctor from saving a townie on Day 1. I am not saying that is what you were doing, but it is a possible motivation.
I completely agree, Charrat. I was concerned though, like I stated before, and guess that I really didn't have anything to feel concerned about.

Still looking for more info from the others that have decided to join in on the fun again!
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Benmage (1): magisterrain

Not Voting: Charrat, insanepenguin02, T-Rex, Benmage, Azhrei, qwints

4 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:01 am

*crickets*
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Benmage »

*chirp* *chirp*
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:22 am

Benmage wrote:*chirp* *chirp*
So you lurking, ben? lol
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by magisterrain »

seriously, lets get this game going. its been my most enjoyable game so far, so i hope people aren't abandoning it.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

insanepenguin02 wrote: So you lurking, ben? lol
Heh, actually I was at work all day and randomly checked in..but yeah it would be nice to consistenly here from more than the three of us.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Amen!
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Azhrei »

I'm, still here! Sorry, I just forget to check this game sometimes.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Benmage »

So its the 2nd..how long did qwints say he's gonna be away? Or can we get a prod on him?

Also other than the nitpicking at me..anyone have any leads elsewhere? I've been going over the forum, and I'm at quite the impasse.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Yaw »

qwints said a week in his PM, though I'm not sure what he was measuring from. I'm assuming he'll be back by Monday at the latest.

And now that we're out of the holidays, I'd like to see this pick up, especially as we head into next week.
Success breeds suspicion
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Benmage wrote: Also other than the nitpicking at me..anyone have any leads elsewhere?
I am still sitting on my case against mag. Still need more info on many others though.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by magisterrain »

really penguin? can you explain why?

as for me, im going to stick with benmage. given this is a newbie game, i think benmage made a serious newbscum mistake with his reckless hammer. he also has not provided any serious analysis.

and truthfully, theres not much to go on in this game. benmage's is certainly the biggest tell.

c'mon qwints! i wanna hear what you have to say
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:17 pm

magisterrain wrote:really penguin? can you explain why?
Sure will: Posts 131, 133, 135. However, I understand that you have responded to many of the accusations though from your actions (not words) I still have a scummy feeling from you.

BUT, as I also have stated, I need more information before I can make a better decision. Thus the reason I still have not voted for you.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Benmage wrote: Also other than the nitpicking at me..anyone have any leads elsewhere?
Now I understand the want to not have the attention on you but do you not see the suspicion that I have of mag? It hasn't just been the nitpicking at you, which makes me think this is all you are seeing (scared?). Why don't you come up with your own cases so that we can have more from you, rather than an opportunity for you to join a wagon or anything. I find it a strange comment to make at this juncture since you haven't made your own case or much analyses yet.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by magisterrain »

fair enough i suppose. though im just not certain i understand why my actions are scummier than anyone else's.
placing the first vote on someone in day 1 is entirely different than placing the first vote on someone in day 2.

but oh well.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Benmage is either really newbish, or scum.

I just can't see a reason for him seeming so damn scared.

I'm not sure about magis, but penguin does make a valid point. For now, I'm gonna wait for more information before I go voting.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:16 am

magisterrain wrote:fair enough i suppose. though im just not certain i understand why my actions are scummier than anyone else's.
placing the first vote on someone in day 1 is entirely different than placing the first vote on someone in day 2.

but oh well.
Mag - I have heard your defense numerous times, no need to keep repeating it. It seems like the more I mention you (even though I didn't attack you), the more you reiterate, and then the more reason I have for staying focused on you. AGAIN - I am waiting for more.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:44 am

Post by magisterrain »

yeah, im just bored
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Charrat »

Does anyone have any theories as to why LongShanks was killed last night? He did not get many posts in before the day ended, and other than a small disagreement with Ben, he did not discuss much with anyone. Maybe he was just a random pick, or maybe he was chosen because he was one of the few players not to vote to lynch Vamp, making him look more townish?

I am going to re-ask the questions I posted on Day 1, give people a chance to answer who didn't, and see who changed their answers and why.

1. At this moment, are there any players that you believe are town? If so, why?
2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia? If so, why?.
3. How would you choose who to lynch today if you do not yet have any suspicions of who may be mafia?
4. Would you consider vote for no-lynching today? Why or why not?
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Charrat »

Charrat wrote:1. At this moment, are there any players that you believe are town? If so, why?
2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia? If so, why?.
3. How would you choose who to lynch today if you do not yet have any suspicions of who may be mafia?
1. I don't strongly believe anyone is town. I am leaning slightly towards insanepenguin being town thanks to his efforts to encourage discussion and investigate player's motives, although his post asking for the doctor to protect him worries me.

2. Again, I don't strongly believe anyone is mafia. I hope to see the discussion grow soon. I am not as suspicious of Benmage as others are, but thats not to say there is no reason to be suspicious of him.

3. I would be comfortable lynching those players who have not been the most active if I don't have not yet developed any suspicions. Admittedly, its hard to say that any player has been lurking at the moment since it is the time of year where you would expect players to be away from the game. Azhrei and T-Rex might be appropriate choices in this circumstance.

I hope to see more come from T-Rex and qwints in the next week, perhaps their opinions and ideas can shed some light on the game so far.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:30 am

Post by magisterrain »

Charrat wrote:Does anyone have any theories as to why LongShanks was killed last night? He did not get many posts in before the day ended, and other than a small disagreement with Ben, he did not discuss much with anyone. Maybe he was just a random pick, or maybe he was chosen because he was one of the few players not to vote to lynch Vamp, making him look more townish?

I am going to re-ask the questions I posted on Day 1, give people a chance to answer who didn't, and see who changed their answers and why.

As for why Longshanks was killed and the fact that his main post was a slight disagreement with ben, this is another indicator, albeit slight, that ben is newbscum.

To answer your questions Charrat:
1. I have not really heard enough from many people to convince me that they are town. Charrat and Penguin both at least seem to be acting in the town's favor at the moment by encouraging discussion.
2. The scummiest player to me so far is Ben. I have stated my case on him in other posts.
3. I have to say that in the absence of major scumtells, the best lynch would probably be that of someone who is inactive or the least pro-town. I'm willing to give people some time to become more active given the holidays.
4. I'm a little wary of a no lynch, since our chances of catching scum today are slightly better than yesterday (since we lost a townie) However, I also don't want to lose another townie due to a mislynch since the mafia would then have a decided advantage. Our best option would be to prolong this day longer than day 1 to get more information out there before deciding one way or the other.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Charrat wrote:Does anyone have any theories as to why LongShanks was killed last night? He did not get many posts in before the day ended, and other than a small disagreement with Ben, he did not discuss much with anyone. Maybe he was just a random pick, or maybe he was chosen because he was one of the few players not to vote to lynch Vamp, making him look more townish?

1. Nope, except maybe penguin, cos he seems to want to help.

2. Maybe benmage or magis, for the reasons earlier stated, but im not sure.

3. T-Rex, if I had to, cos he's been the mst inactive.

4. Hell no, we needa at least try and get scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”